Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Armoured dancer with armour march. Bonus points if the unit is ranged (dagger maybe?)

Armored unit with a dagger and innate armor march with the ability to dance?

I'd say you can't make this stuff up but that's what you did

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Ae†her said:

Kinky huh? To me he just feels more like he's going to belly slam me. He's also really just a traditional idea of a corrupt politician. He's apart of the Begnion Senate (usually the corrupt form in groups), he's fat (symbolizing gluttony, greed, and/or sloth, the deadly sins or whatever). Although to be fair from his looks alone you can't tell, if he's a villain or not.

Kinky in sense that he adores the most beautiful things and considers himself among them. 

Especially his physical form makes hin special in the feh cast. 

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

He is a connoisseur and defender of pretty things in a completely non-sexual way. He simply doesn't discern between sentient pretty things and non-sentient pretty things.

When one of his sentient pretty things refuses to be hung back on the wall, he decides he can at least help protect it and joins your army to Ike's annoyance.

Sounds kinky to me, at least not pervert. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Especially his physical form makes hin special in the feh cast. 

True, chubby characters in FE are about as rare as Solar Eclipses.

53 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeoif they ever do a dagger armour, they would probably be a good candidate for Close counter + refined smoke/rogue dagger debuffs

Also just browsed through your youtube profile and wow you do mugen vids? Those take me back.

A dagger armor and dagger horse will probably happen since Micaiah's Thani tome accounted for them should they ever pop up. I can deal with an Armor dancer but I draw the line at a cavalry dancer. It makes no sense from a realistic perspective and is just busted from a gameplay one.

Yeah, I used to do a ton of mugen videos back when I was a teenager. Even had a series with a storyline going based on one of my favorite fighting game characters: Kensou from KOF.

2 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

True, chubby characters in FE are about as rare as Solar Eclipses.

Are there some solar eclipses at least? To expect some other chubbies. 

@Interdimensional Observer thanks for the detailed information. I can live with unsympathetic. Perhaps I'll work his impressive chin(s) into my avatar. 

Edited by mampfoid

4 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

@Ae†her @mampfoidyou also forget about characters who wear glasses. From what I remember, only Muriel and Laurent are the only characters to wear glasses.

Canas has a single lens though to be fair, but yeah that's about it.

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

you also forget about characters who wear glasses. From what I remember, only Muriel and Laurent are the only characters to wear glasses.

I don't think glasses were common if at all extant in Medieval Europe. Early Modern yes, but Medieval no. 

Perhaps its owing to Awakening's willingness to modernize that we see them there. Fat people have existed forever though, I think the very medieval William the Conqueror died overweight and he couldn't fit into his coffin. His body fat, combined with gastrointestinal inflammation, and a hot day caused his belly to explode, filling the church with puss and an odor so bad burning incense couldn't cover it.

1 minute ago, Ae†her said:

Canas has a single lens though to be fair, but yeah that's about it.

Etzel, the lovechild of Canas and Lucius, too.

s_etzel.jpg

@mampfoid There are a couple other fat characters; Roger, Brom, and Meg being the most notable ones. But yes, most FE characters fit into a couple body types with very few deviations. Old women being the rarest, with only Niime as playable. 

6 minutes ago, Hardin said:

@mampfoid There are a couple other fat characters; Roger, Brom, and Meg being the most notable ones. But yes, most FE characters fit into a couple body types with very few deviations. Old women being the rarest, with only Niime as playable. 

Are there very tall and thin characters? Someone with so long legs, to ride a stack of at least one horse and one Pegasus? 

41 minutes ago, Zeo said:

A dagger armor and dagger horse will probably happen since Micaiah's Thani tome accounted for them should they ever pop up. I can deal with an Armor dancer but I draw the line at a cavalry dancer. It makes no sense from a realistic perspective and is just busted from a gameplay one.

Yeah, I used to do a ton of mugen videos back when I was a teenager. Even had a series with a storyline going based on one of my favorite fighting game characters: Kensou from KOF.

Refreshers aren't limited to dancing.  If there ever is a cavalry refresher, it'll probably be a singer/bard.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Thani basically gives Deflect Missile/Magic 1 against those movement types. It'd be really strange for them to leave out mentioning daggers, even without any current plans to include dagger users with those types. Although I do think they'll do it eventually. I remember New Year's Takumi briefly being believed to be a dagger flier, which seemed just as reasonable as anything else.

Given that they were willing to do a flying dancer (or at least a flying singer), I think armor and cavalry are just a matter of time. Making powerful units is how they get people to spend money on Heroes.

29 minutes ago, Othin said:

Thani basically gives Deflect Missile/Magic 1 against those movement types.

More accurately, a free fully charged one-time-use-per-battle Sacred Cowl.

26 minutes ago, Othin said:

Making powerful units is how they get people to spend money on Heroes.

Breaking the game with overpowered units is how they make their player base hate them, resulting in more damage control and power creep, the latter of which will make their player base hate them more.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

More accurately, a free fully charged one-time-use-per-battle Sacred Cowl.

Breaking the game with overpowered units is how they make their player base hate them, resulting in more damage control and power creep, the latter of which will make their player base hate them more.

Right, it's inverted Deflect. Sort of. Divine Tyrfing-style. Although looking at Divine Tyrfing, I realize it and Deflect Magic don't do anything about staffs, so that's a neat little bonus Micaiah gets.

I don't think a cavalry dancer would be too much harder to deal with than a flying dancer, especially with trenches now available to help put checks on cavalry. I hadn't expected them to do non-infantry dancers at all, but that ship has sailed. Zelgius also indicates that they aren't particularly afraid of power creep, whether or not they should be.

---

Thinking about dancers, that's another possibility for future legendary heroes. Infantry dancers that is, not ones with special movement types. In particular, we're a bit short on red dancers compared to other colors: a red tome or red breath dancer could be a really neat addition.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

While Oliver was a fat scumbag in PoR, a slave owner obsessed with his personal greed, RD turned him into a comic relief character. It goes crazy with his love for beauty, and although he remains creepy, it brushes aside the highly immoral him treating other living beings as his personal property. Most characters find him dislikable at first in their supports with him, but most somehow warm up by the A, even Reyson.

In RD, they didn't really have supports.  They were pretty generic that were the same no matter who you supported.

59 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Yukimura.

everyone forgets about him :(

I never forget. ;A; If I could have any Fates character in a banner it would probably be him. FEH needs more bespectacled peeps. Heroes with terrible eyesight banner could be a thing.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Yukimura.

everyone forgets about him :(

Well, there were only four Fates characters (and there was about 84 Fates characters total) who placed lower than him in CYL (Hans, Nichol, Fuga, Ignatius) so it really isn't that surprising. The fact he isn't playable in Revelation probably doesn't help either.

19 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

In RD, they didn't really have supports.  They were pretty generic that were the same no matter who you supported.

That's not entirely accurate, while supports follow the same theme, some characters are given special flavour text; for instance this A support between Sigrun and Oliver. 

You’re puffy and bloated–yes. Some would say you’re hideous–yes. But, I am strangely drawn to you. If only we could be together forever, Duke Tanas.

Or this one with Micaiah and Oliver.

Duke Tanas… I know everybody thinks you’re horrible because of what you’ve done in the past. But not me! I think you just need different hobbies! I’d be glad to model for a sculpture when this is all over.

Edited by Hardin

14 minutes ago, Othin said:

Zelgius also indicates that they aren't particularly afraid of power creep, whether or not they should be.

No, they aren't afraid of small amounts of power creep.

Zelgius isn't all that much more impressive than the Black Knight (he still dies horribly to Reinhardt and blue tomes in general, even with Deflect Magic 3 equipped, which is more important in the lower and mid Arena). What Zelgius does is give high-level players an actual option for a sword armor (because the only alternative is Draug and Draug kind of sucks) and one that can actually activate his special skill in a single round of combat without relying on a Brave weapon.