Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

To get more money from whales and hardcore Eirika fans. This also means that GHB Lyon will most likely have Naglfar as his weapon. 

Oh wow just looked at Eirika's popularity on the first CYL Poll, she ranked 6th place for girls. Yeah, I guess that makes sense then.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

So looking at pre-3DS lords, because the 3DS ones have plenty of alternate versions anyway so who cares:

• Roy, Lyn, Ike, and now Eirika have "brave" alternate versions. Hector will probably join them when they release the winners of this year's CYL.
  • Sigurd and Micaiah were released post-CYL, so they were already designed to be comparable to CYL heroes. When Leif finally gets released, the same will probably go for him.
  • That leaves Marth, Alm, Celica, Seliph, Eliwood, and Ephraim.
  • Garm Ephraim has already been getting speculation, and that'd be pretty cool.
  • Seliph on a horse would be nice, and he could use some sort of lance or something, although then there's the question of his weapon. Any holy weapon would be breaking the rules even more than unusual, I guess the least-conflicting would be... Naga? More likely, they'd go with something that hasn't been included already and just not care about making any sense.
  • Eliwood also can have a horse and a lance, although in his case he already has the horse. I could see him getting Maltet, since it's the only physical weapon of the set that hasn't been added yet. No access concerns, too.
  • Alm could use bows, I guess? Who knows what bow, though.
  • Marth could use Mercurius, that still hasn't been added yet.
  • Celica could do a lot of things, but Ragnarok is already probably the coolest one.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

So looking at pre-3DS lords, because the 3DS ones have plenty of alternate versions anyway so who cares:

• Roy, Lyn, Ike, and now Eirika have "brave" alternate versions. Hector will probably join them when they release the winners of this year's CYL.
  • Sigurd and Micaiah were released post-CYL, so they were already designed to be comparable to CYL heroes. When Leif finally gets released, the same will probably go for him.
  • That leaves Marth, Alm, Celica, Seliph, Eliwood, and Ephraim.
  • Garm Ephraim has already been getting speculation, and that'd be pretty cool.
  • Seliph on a horse would be nice, and he could use some sort of lance or something, although then there's the question of his weapon. Any holy weapon would be breaking the rules even more than unusual, I guess the least-conflicting would be... Naga? More likely, they'd go with something that hasn't been included already and just not care about making any sense.
  • Eliwood also can have a horse and a lance, although in his case he already has the horse. I could see him getting Maltet, since it's the only physical weapon of the set that hasn't been added yet. No access concerns, too.
  • Alm could use bows, I guess? Who knows what bow, though.
  • Marth could use Mercurius, that still hasn't been added yet.
  • Celica could do a lot of things, but Ragnarok is already probably the coolest one.

Silver sword+ Sigurd

Staff Ephraim

Marth that uses the Fire Emblem like Captain America's shield because he can open chests

Edited by silveraura25

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

Alm could use bows, I guess? Who knows what bow, though.

Some choices:

"Valentian Parthia"

Luna

Radiant Bow

Mila's Bow

Blessed Bow

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

Marth could use Mercurius, that still hasn't been added yet.

Retroized please. I wouldn't care if his artwork was totally unfitting for the rest of the game. If Nintendo can make retro Mario or Zelda pop up in a ton of games without issue, FEH can do pure retro FE the same.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Now I demand a wing spear Caeda, an axe flier Palla (because closest to Minerva), a mage flier Catria (because dark flier in Awakening’s DLC), and a staff flier Est (because afraid of her uselessness).

At least I can explain these.

Man, I'm so confused about what this does to my plans now. I should have a decent shot at getting both Myrrh and Eirika between my current stockpile and the next couple weeks of orbs, but that'd mean skipping the legendary hero banner and potentially walking into the Valentine's Day banner with nothing. Which... well, even if it has something I need, a month is a while to get ready for it, but still. And if it takes the whole month, that'd mean skipping the following regular and legendary hero banners. On the other hand, the thing that got me to pull for the last legendary hero banner was a green tome cavalry, and the main thing I was thinking I might want out of the next couple was a red tome cavalry. At least the upcoming legendary hero should get datamined before this banner goes live, so we'll know what's at stake there.

I guess the plan is to go for Myrrh right off the bat, then try to hold off on Eirika for a while for more information. Not that I've been good at holding off in the past.

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I feel like my avatar is fitting right now, though I'm not entirely certain in what way.

Pretty obvious Eirika is looking at Eirika and wondering "what have you done, Eirika?"

I really hope they release the next set of refinable weapons soon. I'm sitting on 200 dew with nothing to spend it on. Well, I have the option of upgrading inferior horse Roy, -atk Eldigan, fourth-choice green flier Michalis, or benchlord HP/res Seliph. None of those choices appeal. (I've only upgraded Siegmund and Aura so far)

Edited by Humanoid

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I feel like my avatar is fitting right now, though I'm not entirely certain in what way.

In one direction- a crowd of people charging at you wanting to huge you. These are your diehard fans.

In another direction- a crowd of people charging at you wanting you for purely for combat. These are the pragmatic exploiters.

In a third direction- a crowd of people charging at you with pitchforks sharp and torches warm wanting you hanged, drawn, and quartered for what you are a harbinger of.

In a fourth di- the crowds are fanning out to surround you, there is no escape. You will be trampled to death. The question is whose feet shall it be?

Haaa....I never liked how people think that just because one character got released it actively blocks other from coming down the line. It doesn't work like that in Smash or other fighting games and the same applies to FEH. I suppose people just want to vent and that's ok, I just hope this won't last a month like what happened with Ayra.

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Haaa....I never liked how people think that just because one character got released it actively blocks other from coming down the line. It doesn't work like that in Smash or other fighting games and the same applies to FEH. I suppose people just want to vent and that's ok, I just hope this won't last a month like what happened with Ayra.

The issue is that time is a real problem for this game. FE Switch is going to release this year, and it will assuredly have 50+ characters, many of which will bump to the top of the queue. For fans of supporting characters it is incredibly frustrating to have their favourites pushed to the back of the line to accommodate characters already present in the game.  

I'm a little worried at how casually accepting people are of Garm-wielding Ephraim.

I was joking...

Hey if you guys plan on flooding the feedback thing about your grievances with Eirika, maybe try to specify that all alternate costumes are kind of lame? It's a bad look if the complaints started coming in ONLY after they start doing this for pre-3DS characters.

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Hey if you guys plan on flooding the feedback thing about your grievances with Eirika, maybe try to specify that all alternate costumes are kind of lame? It's a bad look if the complaints started coming in ONLY after they start doing this for pre-3DS characters.

I demand a wing spear Caeda, an axe flier Palla (because closest to Minerva), a mage flier Catria (because dark flier in Awakening’s DLC), and a staff flier Est (because afraid of her uselessness).

11 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Admittedly (surprise surprise based on my own current avatar), I can't say I'm that upset about this. I'm sad that this means entirely new characters will take a bit longer to arrive, but I also really like the idea of these more serious alternate characters being added. Eirika is maybe an odd choice to start with for non-CYL alternates, but I can't personally say that I'm too upset by this. As long as we don't end up getting banners of only alternate characters that are already in Heroes, at least not until the entire cast is already in as well. 

Just now, Hardin said:

The issue is that time is a real problem for this game. FE Switch is going to release this year, and it will assuredly have 50+ characters, many of which will bump to the top of the queue. For fans of supporting characters it is incredibly frustrating to have their favourites pushed to the back of the line to accommodate characters already present in the game.  

It's okay, we Leif fans are used to disappointment like this by now. I've long since accepted that my side character favorites like Eda and Radd aren't making it in anytime soon, so I may as well be happy when my popular favorites show up as alternates.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

of course an Eirika fan will be happy

Don’t mind me, I am salt. I may chill later.

Pretty much my sentiments right now, too.

Also, I know of a good place we can go right now.

Spoiler

Related image

Bless Mario Odyssey for having literal piles of salt in it. It truly was Game of the Year 2017.

1 minute ago, Hardin said:

I totally forgot about FE16! I blame the lack of news! 

That's reasonable, it's also a gripe that people have with seasonal units giving less spotlight to units that have yet to be released. I totally get that, I just hope people don't go full berserk against Eirika alone. If anything I'd sent feedback to IS to request to reduce the number of seasonal units, which I'd say is the main factor of we getting normal units at a snail pace (actually I just sent them feedback saying just that so I hope it reaches them).

13 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I was cool with seasonal characters, because they had an entire banner dedicated to them.  It was meant to be silly, and fun, and as canonical as Lucius x Serra.

This is the first time an alternate character snuck in with other new characters, IIRC.

I agree about seasonal banners, however I considered them to be a necessary evil to generate revenue to subsidize the release of less popular units. However if they are going to continue having both seasonal units AND variants of standard units, then the game needs to seriously reevaluate how characters are selected.

10 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm a little worried at how casually accepting people are of Garm-wielding Ephraim.

I was joking...

Ephraim and Eirika had very similar scores and rankings on the first CYL, so it'd make plenty of sense for Ephraim to get this same treatment eventually and that's a plenty reasonable way for it to play out. Perhaps a ways down the line, he'll get a banner with Gerik and Cormag or something.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why has no one yet suggested Gleipneirika? Or Gleirika for short?

That is pretty great.

9 minutes ago, Hardin said:

I agree about seasonal banners, however I considered them to be a necessary evil to generate revenue to subsidize the release of less popular units. However if they are going to continue having both seasonal units AND variants of standard units, then the game needs to seriously reevaluate how characters are selected.

I think there's only so much they can do. They've already released most of the really popular units: it'd pretty hard for them to get much money out of a banner like Canas/Erk/Guy.

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I demand a wing spear Caeda, an axe flier Palla (because closest to Minerva), a mage flier Catria (because dark flier in Awakening’s DLC), and a staff flier Est (because afraid of her uselessness).

Yeah, no need for explanation, waifu hoarder. Let me know if you ever request a male unit. Or a female that isn't wearing thigh high boots/stockings. When Duessel gets de-confirmed, I get mad enough to start kink shaming.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Why has no one yet suggested Gleipneirika? Or Gleirika for short?

Because none of us have a cold that would result in such a violent sneeze.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Ephraim and Eirika had very similar scores and rankings on the first CYL, so it'd make plenty of sense for Ephraim to get this same treatment eventually and that's a plenty reasonable way for it to play out. Perhaps a ways down the line, he'll get a banner with Gerik and Cormag or something.

My issue with Garm wielding Ephraim is that he's dedicated to the lance and unmatched with that weapon type in his universe. But even more importantly, you just know that if this version of Ephraim is released, he'll have a castle quote that clearly references his teacher. What a cruel taunt. Sean Connery Duessel deserves to be in the game. 

7 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Yeah, no need for explanation, waifu hoarder. Let me know if you ever request a male unit.

Pffffft. Where be Erk? Where be Lex? Where be Leif? Where be the Vaike? Where be Astram? Where be Kliff?

WHERE BE FUCKING KNOLL.

Edited by Vaximillian