• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Man, I really wanted Tharja to  win the voting. She is an amazing unit and has top tier skill fodder. AND she is a seasonal unit.

Ike is going to be on a ton of Legendary banners once a month. In terms of rarity and usefulness, everyone should have voted for Tharja.

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I agree. Also them practically suggesting to vote for Ike made the event a two week long farce. Well, for me the choice of the finals was DC, Warding Breath or Vengeful Fighter (or TA3?). 

I think your Ninian is +ATK/-DEF instead. 

Will you give the weapon upgrade to your Eliwood? I nearly did it, but then they announced upgrades for Felicia, Alm, Raven, Hinoka & Co. 

Whoops yeah she's +Atk, I'm just a bit surprised how spd (and stats in general) can go sky high with refinements and skills.

Yeah I plan on giving him Blazing Durandal but that'll take some time.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

Whoops yeah she's +Atk, I'm just a bit surprised how spd (and stats in general) can go sky high with refinements and skills.

You can never go wrong with +Spd. As in the mainline Fire Emblem, Spd is the best offensive and defensive stat.

My considerations regarding which healer to promote next let me recognize we have only 14 15 healers total in the game (I'm missing only Mist). Even after the healer skills got a boost, we didn't get any new units on that sector (BB!Lyn was last added). Perhaps the next legendary hero will wield a staff? After the first three legendaries being blue, red and green, only colorless is missing.  

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

You can never go wrong with +Spd. As in the mainline Fire Emblem, Spd is the best offensive and defensive stat.

SPD is the most important stat, in most cases. Today my LA!Roy met a Virion in TTs which dumped his SPD to 7 (SPD Bane, -5 SPD Brave Bow+, -7 Seal SPD), without TT boosted stats that would have left him with 3 SPD ... ^^' 

Edited by mampfoid

I think Def and Res are more important defensively, since you know, they're the defensive stats, and you can't kill if you can't hurt whether your speed is high or not, but to each their own. Also, Spd isn't important when you're using brave weapons with high attack either.

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think Def and Res are more important defensively, since you know, they're the defensive stats, and you can't kill if you can't hurt whether your speed is high or not, but to each their own. Also, Spd isn't important when you're using brave weapons with high attack either.

It all depends on what stats you have already.

The higher your Def or Res is already, the more each additional point is worth. For example, an extra +3 Def makes a bigger difference when the damage you are taking per hit decreases from 6 to 3 (you will now survive double the number of hits) than it does when it decreases from 25 to 22 (you still die in 2 hits).

On the other hand, when your Def or Res aren't very high, Spd matters more because preventing follow-up attacks is more meaningful than taking a few fewer points of damage.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The higher your Def or Res is already, the more each additional point is worth. For example, an extra +3 Def makes a bigger difference when the damage you are taking per hit decreases from 6 to 3 (you will now survive double the number of hits) than it does when it decreases from 25 to 22 (you still die in 2 hits).

On the other hand, when your Def or Res aren't very high, Spd matters more because preventing follow-up attacks is more meaningful than taking a few fewer points of damage.

That reminded me of when the game first came out, there was an emphasis on well rounded units, (Camilla, Roy, Marth, etc) by developers. They are heavily featured when the game came out. Look how far we gotten since then.

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, that's true too. I just wanted to say that Spd isn't necessarily the most important, it's only important for certain units.

My Frederick doesn't need his speed much when he can just sit there and tank all day or rush in and kill a low Def mage. I do want to get a +Def, -Res Freddy so he has a bit of extra speed though. -Spd is still one of the worst banes in general. And if he's not doubled and killed by a mage and actually survives, it could make a difference.

9 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Man, I really wanted Tharja to  win the voting. She is an amazing unit and has top tier skill fodder. AND she is a seasonal unit.

Ike is going to be on a ton of Legendary banners once a month. In terms of rarity and usefulness, everyone should have voted for Tharja.

Everyone? You're forgetting the most important factor.

People who wanted Tharja have already had a chance to pull for her, as long as they've been playing long enough. Same with all the other pre-Ike units. So for every other character, a lot of the people who most wanted them already got them. But for Ike, there was no need for that, because they'd already announced a way he'd likely be available free.

If this event had been announced at the start of the Christmas banner, the winner would almost definitely have been Tharja, because all those things would apply to her instead. But it wasn't.

9 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Except it's all too easy to spurn her when you already have her and don't give a shit about her potential as fodder. Besides, she no longer has a monopoly on Vengeful Fighter anymore. I didn't have VL!Ike and really wanted him, so I voted accordingly.

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

I'm guessing it's Falchions vs Fallen Heroes.

Falchions VS Dragons would be more fitting. They did dragons already but who knows with Voting Gauntlets anymore...? 

Is anyone else kind of disappointed that the Order of Heroes has to win everytime? I was kind of hoping Laegjarn would overpower in the end.

I hope Laegjarn is a future legendary hero at some point. She's got "the smile" but she's actually my favorite of the Heroes OCs now. If not, then you know where all my CYL votes are going.

11 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Is anyone else kind of disappointed that the Order of Heroes has to win everytime? I was kind of hoping Laegjarn would overpower in the end.

Then Chapter 6 opens in a prison encampment in Nifl where they appeal to Leagjern and Leavatein's humanity. Sharena naturally being the best at appealing to a person's emotions - probably talking about how great it is to meet and learn from so many Heroes and their stories of cooperation. Since Alfonse and Anna have both had a moment already showing great tactical depth, it's Sharena's turn next. That conversation between the two villains at the end of Chapter 5 could happen here and hit the same characterizations as they take a break from interrogating the Askrans. Then their talk is cut short as they learn that the Askrans have managed to escape. Anna is no doubt an accomplished lock picker if she's anything like her siblings. Or have Guunthra or some other Nifl sibling be the jail breaker.

13 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I hope Laegjarn is a future legendary hero at some point. She's got "the smile" but she's actually my favorite of the Heroes OCs now. If not, then you know where all my CYL votes are going.

They’ll have to lose at some point. There’s no real tension if they win all the time. They’re currently on the run so we’ll have to wait and see how that goes. 

27 minutes ago, KongDude said:

In Ch2, the Order of Heroes couldn't beat Surtr so they bailed, leaving him free reign to keep incinerating stuff. That's not a win, and it's about as much of a loss as you can really get with the way Heroes works. Each map has to end with the player successfully completing some sort of objective, and your own units have to still be fine to keep being available. (Although Heroes does have its share of story/gameplay segregation, like with Gunnthra.)

What would a "Laegjarn wins" result look like, from both a story and gameplay perspective?

31 minutes ago, KongDude said:

The Order of Heroes is forced to retreat pretty much any time an enemy with Embla's Ward or Muspellflame appears.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

In Ch2, the Order of Heroes couldn't beat Surtr so they bailed, leaving him free reign to keep incinerating stuff. That's not a win, and it's about as much of a loss as you can really get with the way Heroes works. Each map has to end with the player successfully completing some sort of objective, and your own units have to still be fine to keep being available. (Although Heroes does have its share of story/gameplay segregation, like with Gunnthra.)

What would a "Laegjarn wins" result look like, from both a story and gameplay perspective?

Yeah, Heroes makes it hard to show failure on our side considering victory is required for progression, which obviously is nothing new. I think it'd be something like Alfonse choosing to surrender and go along with what they say, something like what Glennstavos said honestly. Thinking more on it now, it'd be hard to make maps and battles in this situation.

@mampfoid So I gave my word, and fulfilled it accordingly :awesome:

Screenshot_20180223-215237.png

57 atk is cool for someone with dem eyes. 140 dew to get Blazing Durandal ×__×

Anyways, pity rate broken at 4 -> 4.25 summon session. The Duma Faithful finally is willing to serve me, and she comes with +res -def (whoops). Any skill advice? I got a l'arachel, would Renewal be a good option for her?

2 hours ago, KongDude said:

For stupid reasons, I want Alfonse to straight up die during the story at some point just to see what they could do with that and how people would react to that. Gameplay-wise, he should still be usable since it would suck for future quests involving him. He'd likely have to be resurrected at some point, but something interesting could come out of it like Alfonse's death leads to the (temporary) defeat of the Order of Heroes and/or his corpse being reanimated to fight us which could lead to something like perhaps the defection or at least disgust from Veronica and Xander or even Bruno actively helping or even joining us with his rage from seeing his friend's desecrated body allowing him to temporarily override his cursed blood. At the very least, we could get jokes like the "If you strike me down, I will shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" reference or that Alfonse had to die to become a viable unit. Cue Alfonse becoming the first unit with +180 BST and/or 45 base attack as a result. :p

2 hours ago, KongDude said:

I hope she isn't the next legendary hero because I would really, really want to summon her and legendary hero banners haven't been kind to me when it comes to summoning legendary heroes. I'm expecting to go 0/4 for legendary heroes when the banner is up in a few days. A freebie Laegjarn would be nice. Now, if only the developers could make it so you can't send her, Fjorm, or Gunnthra home or use them for skill inheritance because it's kind of stupid that you can and then they throw stuff like Fjorm quests at us knowing there's a chance people don't have her anymore and can't get her. Anyway, Laegjarn's awesome so far. Whenever CYL3 comes up, I'm considering voting for her.

Edited by Kaden