• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Have you seen this one already?

I have, yes. Are the birbs that are not Feh supposed to be established characters? I don’t know much of the media, Eastern or otherwise, and could have easily missed or not recognised them. And yes, this is a sweet picture.

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Have you seen this one already?

I have, yes. Are the birbs that are not Feh supposed to be established characters? I don’t know much of the media, Eastern or otherwise, and could have easily missed or not recognised them. And yes, this is a sweet picture.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

They are Rowlets, the grass type starter Pokemon for the seventh generation (Sun/Moon, Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon) of those games.

Alright, I need some advice.

I have stockpiled 630 refining stones and I want to convert 400 of it to Divine Dew, in order to upgrade a couple of key units in my roster.

Right now I would not like to raise units to 5* just to inherit their weapons, unless there is a serious power-jump (example: raising a Setsuna to give H!Jakob a Guard Bow). Therefore my question is simple: which heroes do you think get a significant boost from weapon refinery to push them into a competitive level with their original, non-legendary weapons? Feel free to recommend inheritance as well, but I am more skeptical about it, as I do not have too many feathers (200k).

Please do not recommend dragons, as I have already refined the Breaths on all my available manaketes. For the rest of the units, anything is up for grabs - I have the vast majority of the cast including most seasonals. The units I do not have mostly have pref weapons anyway.

EDIT: Also no healers, the only ones I use are already refined and I have no need for more

Edited by Nightmayre

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

They are Rowlets, the grass type starter Pokemon for the seventh generation (Sun/Moon, Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon) of those games.

Somehow I knew they were Pokemon. Somehow I’m not surprised.

2 minutes ago, Nightmayre said:

Therefore my question is simple: which heroes do you think get a significant boost from weapon refinery to push them into a competitive level with their original, non-legendary weapons?

Caeda’s upgraded wing sword makes her relevant in this armour-infested meta. If I wasn’t biased in her favour, I’d have recommended her.

Edited by Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Somehow I knew they were Pokemon. Somehow I’m not surprised.

Caeda’s upgraded wing sword makes her relevant in this armour-infested meta. If I wasn’t biased in her favour, I’d have recommended her.

Wing Sword is a pref weapon though (and I have already refined it on my +Spd Caeda for truly excellent performance)

That picture of Sharena and the Rowlets just made my day. The cuteness is off the charts.

Dammit this makes me want a FE x Pokemon game more than ever, though that’s likely for another board.

1 minute ago, Nightmayre said:

I have stockpiled 630 refining stones and I want to convert 400 of it to Divine Dew, in order to upgrade a couple of key units in my roster.

Right now I would not like to raise units to 5* just to inherit their weapons, unless there is a serious power-jump (example: raising a Setsuna to give H!Jakob a Guard Bow). Therefore my question is simple: which heroes do you think get a significant boost from weapon refinery to push them into a competitive level with their original, non-legendary weapons? Feel free to recommend inheritance as well, but I am more skeptical about it, as I do not have too many feathers (200k).

Please do not recommend dragons, as I have already refined the Breaths on all my available manaketes. For the rest of the units, anything is up for grabs - I have the vast majority of the cast including most seasonals. The units I do not have mostly have pref weapons anyway.

Staves. Pretty much anyone with a Killer or Slaying weapon or a Wo Dao. Anyone that starts with Litrwolf or Litrowl. Saizo. Airzura. Berkut. Anyone from Winter's Envoy. Anyone from Ylissean Summer not named Gaius. Give your dragons all of the other refines on their weapons.

PSA: Don't rush the Special Training maps. Reinforcements keep arriving until turn 7 only if you don't kill everyone before. 

@Nightmayre Every fast unit can be made faster with their refined weapon (best examples NY!Azura, but also Amelia). Wolftomes and anti-armor weapons get a very handy special effect with their refinement. 

11 minutes ago, Nightmayre said:

EDIT: Also no healers, the only ones I use are already refined and I have no need for more

For folks that receive a significant boost from weapon refinery, I'm pretty sure that's mostly healers, dragons, and dagger units. You said no healers or dragons, so that leaves dagger units. Matthew's Rogue Dagger upgrade is wonderful. But I don't think many folks have him at 5 stars. I personally like upgrading killer weapons to slaying weapons. Lukas really appreciates the upgrade, especially with a +DEF refine on the Slaying Lance. I also recently upgraded Tobin's armorslayer to make him a more dedicated green armor killer. He's not half bad in Arena Assault. 

But to be honest, I feel like I ran out of productive upgrades a while ago, and now I'm just upgrading weapons for funsies because I'd much rather have the dew. lol

I really really hope at some point another character will have Speed Ploy. Right now it’s just Deirdre and I don’t ever plan to sac here for that should I be fortunate enough to encounter one.

Random thought: Since I'm not a big fan of the dancer-exclusive B-Skills (Blaze Dance etc.), how cool would be something like "Cure Dance"?

Alternatively they could make Breath of Life activate not only attacking but also dancing. Units like Alm or both Celicas could be danced/healed to keep alive their weapon's effect and Fury units could be kept at full health (for Breakers, QR etc.). 

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Random thought: Since I'm not a big fan of the dancer-exclusive B-Skills (Blaze Dance etc.), how cool would be something like "Cure Dance"?

As long as Wings of Mercy continues to exist, no other B will be able to topple it from the throne of dancer skills.

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

As long as Wings of Mercy continues to exist, no other B will be able to topple it from the throne of dancer skills.

(Breath of Life is a C-Skill and seal.)

WoM is good on multi-map modes (TTs) and arena defense, but I think a heal/dance would be better in many other situations depending on the team. 

34 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

WoM is good on multi-map modes (TTs) and arena defense, but I think a heal/dance would be better in many other situations depending on the team. 

I'd would say WoM is amazing in Arena Defense, but for TT, I'd honestly prefer to have a healing dance. My units tend to stick close together for a TT and I hate them being at low health. Hopefully a future dancer... one that drops to 4*... has this skill ^.^''

56 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Fanlivia would like that + debuff daggers + double BoL seal for TTs.

but usually WoM is the superior one. Saved me a lot of times.

@mcsilas @mampfoid Less than 5 hours into the reset and I already have a defense win.

Nowi/Matthew/Inigo/Genny.

Guess I could see how that's an irritating team to deal with. 32/36 Bulk refined Nowi with QR and Iceberg guaranteed to proc on the second combat. +6 Matthew and all his debuffing shenanigans but now packing a "HELLO THERE" Ignis which he's going to proc because he has 44 SPD which becomes 48 with a SPD buff. Then Inigo who's a ranged dancer which means Matt and Nowi move first and he's guaranteed to dance one of them into you. Then there's Genny who frustratingly keeps healing Matt/Nowi occasionally nukes and destabilizes your team with potential dance support from Inigo.

My win was against a +7 Marth with a refinement to boot.

sfMx2ug.png

Actually, I wish I could fight my team just to see how irritating it is.

Edited by Zeo

@Zeo Wow congrats! Your team sounds scary to face.

I...wish I hadn't accidentally foddered off my +Def/-HP Nowi (I thought she was my +Def/-Spd one) for Fae's Lightning Breath+. So I've been using Sharena for my bonus unit for my main account.

...which somehow gave me an early defense win 2 weeks in a row. Team is BK, Halloween Henry with Fury 3, Bowbreaker and DD seal, QR seal Vantage Vector and Sharena with Rally Attack as a buffbot.

I think it's the Halloween Henry that's being really annoying but I also get Defense wins faster now with Vector. Berserk Armads is really good.

That said I only had 1 defense win last week but that's more than enough.

Meanwhile second account has no defense wins yet- only received one last Friday (with TA Nowi as a bonus unit but also part of my arena core anyway). I'm hoping a YOLO Vector if the next character banner isn't too appealing..