Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

It seems the only way for her to profit from the DEF bonus of her tome (apart from dagger tanking). 

On the other hand, I don't think there's a pressing need to make use of Blarserpent's +6 Def when she already has as much trouble as she does against physical damage. Personally, on a flier team, I'd save Iote's Shield for a unit with a high Def stat to have a reliable means of baiting archers rather than as an emergency precaution when the situation goes south.

I'd personally prioritize giving her the Distant Def seal to further bolster her magic bulk or a Ploy for support.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

On the other hand, I don't think there's a pressing need to make use of Blarserpent's +6 Def when she already has as much trouble as she does against physical damage. Personally, on a flier team, I'd save Iote's Shield for a unit with a high Def stat to have a reliable means of baiting archers rather than as an emergency precaution when the situation goes south.

I'd personally prioritize giving her the Distant Def seal to further bolster her magic bulk or a Ploy for support.

No, there is no pressing need of course. Perhaps the maps won't make it necessary to bait archers often. DD3 sounds like a good idea after all. 

Gerome could use Iote's shield, Valter will do his Desperation/Brash Assault thing, Minerva and Caeda will go on offense. 

Speaking of the DD3 seal. Now that Hector's been demoted from my AA team, I can finally put that seal on someone else. Maybe F!Morgan will hold onto it for a while. I need to train her up as well. I'm going to go ahead and use half my Dew stash on that +ATK/-HP Erika I pulled. It's yet another red sword refinement but it's too good to pass up. I'd promote Sothe to run with her but I only have 40k feathers and I can't blow them all.

5 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Kinda hoping it's M!Morgan cause I couldn't get him. Plus if I get him as a four star and his IVs are bad, dull ranged would be good on my precious daughter.

I just saw someone in Arena with def refined Kagami Mochi on NY!Takumi?

Yup, I also kinda want it to be M!Morgan because I wouldn't mind getting him. I'm not pulling mostly because I don't want to end up getting the only one that drops to 4* when I'm not hugely interested... and mostly 'cos Ephraim and Finn next month. I'm hoping I can be this strong for any banners in between. If Gerome hadn't been a reward... well... it would've been bye bye orbs then xD 

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nils will powercreep Ninian perhaps, which is a little odd for FE7 lore because she is supposed to be stronger magically, but more fragile as well. A special Resurrected Maiden or Nergal's Pawn (he does possess her for two minutes in E19/H20- that was enough for Celica), would fix this "injustice" (I'm a bit critical of Ninian) for her admirers though.

Red tome dancer Fallen Hero Ninian with Ereshkigal?

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nils will powercreep Ninian perhaps, which is a little odd for FE7 lore because she is supposed to be stronger magically, but more fragile as well. A special Resurrected Maiden or Nergal's Pawn (he does possess her for two minutes in E19/H20- that was enough for Celica), would fix this "injustice" (I'm a bit critical of Ninian) for her admirers though.

Red tome dancer Fallen Hero Ninian with Ereshkigal?

12 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

It's probably because fallen heroes are treated as the opposite of brave heroes.

According to... who? It sounds to me like you're attempting to make excuses.

The reason no Fallen Heroes dropped is because:

• Armor teams are a premium team that they would like to be effectively exclusive to whales if possible.
  • Celica is a popular character that they know that people will shell out money for, especially as a 'dark' variant.
  • Bloating the 5* pool is a positive for them, not a negative, because it makes Legendary Banners more appealing.
  • Anybody who would quit over a lack of 4* demotions on individual banners likely already has, or at the very least, should have seen the writing on the wall with the anniversary.
Edited by Iridium

12 minutes ago, Iridium said:

The reason no Fallen Heroes dropped is because:

More accurately:

• Bold Fighter, Vengeful Fighter, and Chill Spd are all incredibly good skills (Bold Fighter is actually just broken) and have every reason to have their availability kept low for a few months.

And that in itself is already good enough of a reason to keep them all 5-star exclusive.

Bloating the 5-star pool actually does nothing. It's so bloated that anything new added to it isn't making a big difference. It has been and will always be a terrible idea to attempt to pull for a 5-star exclusive character when they are not on a banner. Even if the summoning pool were reverted to the number of 5-star exclusive characters as the launch banners, it would still be a terrible idea to pull for an off-banner 5-star exclusive.

2 hours ago, Iridium said:

Anybody who would quit over a lack of 4* demotions on individual banners likely already has, or at the very least, should have seen the writing on the wall with the anniversary.

To quote an obvious someone "Hope will never die."

Like Emmeryn, it'll just come back, damaged, but alive. And when that fails, I just move into an alternate world where Hope still lives and pray it survives this time.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Bloating the 5-star pool actually does nothing. It's so bloated that anything new added to it isn't making a big difference. It has been and will always be a terrible idea to attempt to pull for a 5-star exclusive character when they are not on a banner. Even if the summoning pool were reverted to the number of 5-star exclusive characters as the launch banners, it would still be a terrible idea to pull for an off-banner 5-star exclusive.

I'm not sure thats always the criticism, that isn't for me not getting all the way in yet. It's making it so its less boring and samey when summoning from the 3 and 4 pools. When ~2/3s of everyone who will come from Tellius will stuck at 5 Star exclusivity and I will rarely see any even less notable figures in the common pool like Brom and Devdan when they make it in, well, that doesn't sit well with me.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I somewhat doubt that Nils is considered "child" enough to get the trainee stat modifiers as a dragon, and unlike the non-dragon trainees, he doesn't have a trainee class to warrant it, either.

Well you're right in that Raigh doesn't have the "child/trainee" bonus. And it doesn't help Nils is fairly mature for being so young (although the Hector piggyback scene shows him in full childlike joy). Hoping at least one shota qualifies though. Maybe Franz for a cav with the boost? Or more realistically based on gameplay and stats, Kurthnaga. Or Ewan since he is a literal trainee.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not sure thats always the criticism, that isn't for me not getting all the way in yet. It's making it so its less boring and samey when summoning from the 3 and 4 pools. When ~2/3s of everyone who will come from Tellius will stuck at 5 Star exclusivity and I will rarely see any even less notable figures in the common pool like Brom and Devdan when they make it in, well, that doesn't sit well with me.

While that isn't always the criticism, it was the criticism made in the post I was responding to.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well you're right in that Raigh doesn't have the "child/trainee" bonus. And it doesn't help Nils is fairly mature for being so young (although the Hector piggyback scene shows him in full childlike joy). Hoping at least one shota qualifies though. Maybe Franz for a cav with the boost? Or more realistically based on gameplay and stats, Kurthnaga. Or Ewan since he is a literal trainee.

Ewan, Ross, and Kliff are pretty much guaranteed to receive trainee modifiers.

Among dragons, Nah and Kanna are the only ones that I can actually see getting them.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Massive 3–4★ influx of less popular characters when? Never, that’s when.

We can dream.

Additional quality of life additions we need:

1: Raise the Friend Limit.

2: Raise the Barracks Limit.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

All hope is futile these days. It is the era of alts.

True, though not all alts are created equal.

Ones like Grima, I don't mind, since he's sort of a distinct personality.  Then there's ones like Eirika, who have no real reason for existing.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

True, though not all alts are created equal.

Ones like Grima, I don't mind, since he's sort of a distinct personality.  Then there's ones like Eirika, who have no real reason for existing.

What are your opinions of Chrom? Does he get a pass for being helpful?

Shamelessly skipping 10+ pages because work, sorry guys, I just took a look to some posts :P: 

Posting my thoughts on the new update.

Garden of... The Garden!

At first I felt kinda meh about it due to the fact that blessings were awfully scarce, but with a higher a number of them it males possible to build small teams around the blessings. For instance, I paired Fjorm with Brash Lyn and they make a powerful pair, Fjorm benefitting from atk/def+5 with her bond skill and spd +3 from Lyn's drive, sum up the support bonus and they suddenly have new stats! I also paired vanilla Eliwood with Bow Lyn and they also wreck shit with water blessing. It felt really good to try different combinations of units.

Rival Domains

My goodness, I can't be happier with this, this literally is Fire Emblem. It felt like playing a console FE on mobile, the reinforcements and the synergy among the lots of units was really beautiful to me. It also encouraged me to exploit teams based on Origin, and I mixed SD units with SoV and Genealogy units, it was marvellous! I want more of them! But I feel 10 turns for Infernal is a few turns, I'd like to have 15 turns instead to safely get all the forts.

On another note I got Morgan lol. I wasn't expecting him because I wanted Chrom instead, and he is +Hp -Def. I'll figure out the little tactician later on.

On my recent pulls I got a 4☆ Cain +Atk -Res and I'm definitely training him and 5☆ing right away because the Bull and the Panther have to be paired up. It make me thinl of a cool team made up of Marth, Merric, Cain and Abel yay!

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I don't hate him, but he falls into the category of pointless addition, unless you wanted Chrom Emblem.  It's funny that he sounds skittish and unsure in this persona.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Additional quality of life additions we need:

1: Raise the Friend Limit.

Now that Rival Domains exist, they might just do that. As is, you can only have 2.5 times the max you can bring into the mode on your friends list. Not that much really when you factor out any friends that might have dud characters to offer. Plus it lets you have a 5 Star perfect boon/bane decked out character without having to pull them, but in a balanced way only for this one mode. Unit trading made workable.

I also the larger maps of Rival Domains are also used for other modes in some capacity.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

All hope is futile these days. It is the era of alts.

I got some cautioned optimism when they announced Thracia. Or is that a sign I've just got low expectations since "duh of course they'd do a banner for that eventually"?

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I say no. He stole a spot on what should have been a pure Gen 2 Awakening Banner. 

But after the assault of Vike, and Gleipnirika and Possessed Celica, and another Takumi too soon, I think most people lost the will to complain about it. That and the Morgans stole everyones' attention. 

But not mine. I will not cease for now! *Kicks Chrom off Grima's back and forces Robin to kill Grima. Hops to another world to repeat the process.*

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, he doesn’t.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I got some cautioned optimism when they announced Thracia. Or is that a sign I've just got low expectations since "duh of course they'd do a banner for that eventually"?

Duh of course they’d do a banner for that eventually.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't hate him, but he falls into the category of pointless addition, unless you wanted Chrom Emblem.  It's funny that he sounds skittish and unsure in this persona.

When I first saw him, I thought, "Wow...he looks so regal and majestic." And after I listened to his lines, it was more like, "WHO THE HELL GAVE CHROM A HORSE. TAKE IT AWAY. HE'LL DIE." Pointless addition, but I like Chrom, so I'm fine with it. If alts are inevitable, I might as well enjoy the ones I like.

39 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Probably one of my least favourite additions to the game. Non-seasonal variant of a character with 3 versions already, took up a spot on a banner that already had 2 spots taken by "one" character, and sounds like a complete joke, despite the rather serious look of his art. (Save the funny lines for seasonals please)

If I'm not wrong, he's the only non-CYL winner to get a full emblem team. Robin and Corrin don't technically count as CYL counted both genders separately. This means that he had 3 alts added despite no one asking for them. At the very least, Lyn and Lucina had one alt voted in by the fanbase, while Chrom's is entirely undeserved. Yes, I'm a little s-alt-y

Edited by Korath88

I think I just gave up complaining for the most part. I'm not happy with what IS is doing, but don't think anything I say (especially on here) is going to make a difference. That said, I'll just play until I get bored and drop the game.