Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I think while we can guess the color of the LH by the information of who will absent the next LH, there is no telling for the element. We  expect them to follow a cycle and the colorless LH be water, boom, Robin was earth. No hinting at element now I guess. I mean, now we have Ike and Robin at once, both are Earth. 

We now know it's not a cycle, but it would be extremely strange for the next one to be Earth or Wind, given that the last hero we got was Earth, and the only other green hero is Wind. I'm not sure they'll ever do consecutive elements, and while they'll surely double up on colors eventually, it wouldn't make sense for it to be this soon.

I also think the next hero's bonus has to be +Atk or +Def if they're Water, or +Atk if they're Fire. Like with element, it'd be strange for them to match up with Robin or Gunnthra, and if they're fire, it'd also be strange for them to match up with Ephraim. (Matching up with Fjorm isn't a concern because +Spd is already out.)

I do think they're making an effort to avoid this kind of consecutive redundancy. After we got +Spd Water, +Res Wind, and +Atk Earth as our first three, the fourth was +Def Fire, just as expected. Then, as our first unit to revisit an element and a bonus, Robin differed in both from Ephraim, and paired up an element and a bonus that had previously been on different units.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

You know, this could be when we finally get Veronica. She's a green unit

I doubt it'll be Hector since he's got two armor axe versions of himself. Even Grima sticked to the same weapon

I'm iffy on Lewyn/Cid, but IS could break pattern by introducing them into the game via legendary hero banner

Who else? Julia maybe. Camilla? 

Edited by silveraura25

I'm gonna wait to see if they do a Risen King Chrom. If they do...totally running that support with F!Grima. Or I can do Knight Exalt/F!Grima? Choices, choices. Another question on the theoretical, would RK!Chrom weild a corrupted/broken Falchion, or pull a Lucina and weild a Lance ala his Great Lord class?

13 hours ago, Zeo said:

She's worse overall than male Grima if those are the stats.

• F!Grima: 40 | 32 | 35 | 30 | 25
  • M!Grima: 48 | 40 | 24 | 35 | 27

F!Grima's SPD hurts her because she wants to be a QR enemy phase unit. M!Grima's spread is far more min-maxed for what these units are supposed to be. She's got a respectable spread to be sure but she's no powerhouse by any means. She's simply a balanced unit in the age of power-creep so all her stats are slightly above average instead of average.

Still pulling for her.

GM!Robin is an armor unit, so his bulk is generally going to be higher than other units and he has access to Breath, Bold, Vengeful, and Wary Fighter. GM!Robin could have had Valentine's Eliwood's stat spread where he dumped defense for speed or had Draug's stat spread and I mean his exact stat spread of pre-boosted BSTs and he'd probably be a better enemy phase and player phase unit than GF!Robin when he can abuse the Breath skills and Bold and Vengeful Fighter for faster special charges and the Fighter skills to ignore speed. That and Ward Armor is much easier to come by when Ward Dragons is only found on him. The only downside is his 1 movement without Armored Boots or Armor March buffs.

Had GF!Robin had 28 speed, the speed required to double the archer from hard difficulty The Branded Knight in the trailer, instead of 35, she would have had 32 points for resistance giving her 40/32/28/30/32. It would make her bulkier, but it would put her in closer competition to Fae, Myrrh, Nowi, the Tikis, and GM!Robin and that's an even rougher spot when Fae, Nowi, and the Tikis have access to Breath skills and Infantry Pulse shenanigans and WTA can help out with the damage they take and deal unlike GF!Robin who has no WTA against anyone. Myrrh on the other hand would hit harder in general with Great Flame granting +3 attack, is physically bulkier, and if she meets Great Flame's requirement, she can ignore her lower speed by preventing follow-ups from her enemies. Only downside is she can't counter at range with Great Flame and doesn't have access to Dragonskin to negate effective damage from anti-air weapons and also gain +4 Def/Res when attacked.

35 speed puts her in a spot where she's mainly competing with F!Corrin and Myrrh. She's the second flying dragon and her stats and personal weapon are different from Myrrh's. It might not be the best thing, but at least it's not GF!Robin basically has slightly more speed and a personal Lightning Breath, but has lower attack, and defense, and HP than Myrrh. With F!Corrin, they're the two speedy dragons where GF!Robin has a personal Lightning Breath, has higher raw attack and resistance, and is a flier who can use flier buffs and flier skills like Flier Formation and Guidance for more supportive and flexible movement while F!Corrin has higher defense and is an infantry who can use Breath skills and Infantry Pulse. Against reds, F!Corrin's attack is comparable to GF!Robin's; =Atk F!Corrin has 40 attack (27 base and 13 Mt Dark Breath+) giving her 48 attack against reds, the same total attack that =Atk GF!Robin has against non-raven mage units, but without the damage reduction F!Corrin gets. In a way, I want to say that F!Corrin is more autonomous where you can throw her at units, mainly sword units, and she'd be fine. With her default Dark Breath and an inherited Windsweep, she can safely debuff people's attack and speed and deal with them on enemy phase either as primarily a melee unit with a Breath skill, Close Def, or Fury to make her bulkier or also a Distant Counter unit if you give her that. GF!Robin could do that too, but you would give up her Expiration, she will be weak to archers if you run something other than Dragonskin and she can't run Breath skills for faster special charges, and she will generally take more damage from physical units because of her lower defense. All units benefit from buffs, but GF!Robin seems like she needs it more or rather, she wants to be with her allies more than F!Corrin. The irony when you consider who they are.

I hope the next banner is Tharcia (I’m skipping that one), since I’ll probably be drained if that isn’t the case, as I’m spending on the legendary banner

I feel like a memer for what I have changed my profile pic to

Edited by Poimagic

It's kind of funny that over the course of the legendary banners, I've managed to get the Nohrian summer units ... minus the one I actually wanted XD Skipped the original banner and wasn't fussed over whether I pulled them or not on the legendary banners, aside from Leo. But got a last-minute legendary Ike instead of him.

... All three of the Nohrian summer units I have are also -spd. Taking it easy in the summer?

11 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

You know, this could be when we finally get Veronica. She's a green unit

I doubt it'll be Hector since he's got two armor axe versions of himself. Even Grima sticked to the same weapon

I'm iffy on Lewyn/Cid, but IS could break pattern by introducing them into the game via legendary hero banner

Who else? Julia maybe. Camilla? 

I'm assuming we'll get a new story chapter with Thracia banner, since with new heroes banners it has been what they have been doing lately.  Perhaps Veronica turns against Surtr after Surtr does something horrendous to some villagers.  

It could be someone from Judgral, however since they seem to be going with alts, it will likely be of a character from FE4/FE5 already in the game.  Sigurd, Seliph, Emperor Arvis, Dierdre, maybe Julia.  Then again who knows for sure.  Just hope we get something interesting this time.  Gunnthra was the last legendary hero I cared for. 

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

I'm assuming we'll get a new story chapter with Thracia banner, since with new heroes banners it has been what they have been doing lately.  Perhaps Veronica turns against Surtr after Surtr does something horrendous to some villagers.  

It could be someone from Judgral, however since they seem to be going with alts, it will likely be of a character from FE4/FE5 already in the game.  Sigurd, Seliph, Emperor Arvis, Dierdre, maybe Julia.  Then again who knows for sure.  Just hope we get something interesting this time.  Gunnthra was the last legendary hero I cared for. 

It'll be someone green as Gunnthra won't be in the next banner. There's another new heroes banner in April if we go by IS's new way of handling special heroes banners (one every two new heroes banners). I'm guessing that's the game who the legendary hero will represent, not Thracia. I thought it might be Seliph before the banner dropped, but Ike will be in the next banner, as well as me not comprehending the current possible system of banner releases at the time when I was speculating

Edited by silveraura25

About damn time Binding Blade got a refine. Also they actually went and gave Lilina forblaze.

Also, whoever predicted Ephraim and Hector would get their alt weapon refines, well, you guessed right. I suppose this means Chrom, Lucina and masked Marth will get sealed Falchion in a later update 

Edited by Korath88

Fir and Karel are getting a Nameless Blade in the next update; Lilina is getting Forblaze.

Roy’s Binding Blade, Lloyd’s Regal Blade and the two new weapons get refinery options.

Ephraim and Hector can upgrade their Siegmund and Armads respectively.

wha wha wha. i was just eating breakfeast. what the fuck

but i predicted armads would get berserk armads

Edited by silveraura25

Well whaddya know, that talk about Karel getting a personal sword is actually going to happen. Hmm, I wonder when Karla will be introduced since she's probably going to share the same weapon.

Also, I hope Lloyd's Regal Blade's hilt display issue is fixed by the time the update is live.

Interesting choices. Nice to see Lilina gets a weapon of her own as well as Fir/Karel, and the fact Roy and Lloyd get badly needed upgrades. Ephraim and Hector getting some were a bit out of left field though. April can’t come soon enough.

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Interesting choices. Nice to see Lilina gets a weapon of her own as well as Fir/Karel, and the fact Roy and Lloyd get badly needed upgrades. Ephraim and Hector getting some were a bit out of left field though. April can’t come soon enough.

I kinda saw this coming. It was bound to happen because of Durandal, Tyrfing and Naga

@mampfoid nicceee! I might try that but does it need the merge levels? None of my units are merged though.

@Zeo weapon refines! Hooray Lloyd is getting a refine as well!

and wow my new Hector and Karel came just in time as well! Maybe you can finally decide on which nature Hector to go with now as well?

and Lilina and Fir is going to be interesting. 

I wonder if Fe6 banner incoming after Thracia since we get a random FE6 related weapon upgrades?

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Everyone predicted this. It was as obvious as Marth getting forgotten by IS.

But Maaaaars

This should be interesting. Fir is considered one of the worst sword units. She's like Henry, relying on her special to do any kind of significant damage. I'm curious to see what kind of buff they would give her to make her meta relevant.

I just discovered that I have a +spd -def Fir. I guess I'll use her

Edited by silveraura25

Hmm, here's hoping the Nameless Blade is at least halfway good. My +Atk Karel has kinda been collecting dust for at least half of a year now while his niece got gobbled up by Soleil for that Slaying Edge+. Perhaps Forblaze will goad me into using the vanilla 5* Lilina I pulled back on Winter's Envoy as well. The Regal Blade upgrade...will probably not be nearly good enough to get me to make a detour and promote Lloyd. Oh, and I suppose I have a 5* Young Lion Roy too. Too bad he'll be ignored like Eirika before him.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Perhaps Forblaze will goad me into using the vanilla 5* Lilina I pulled back on Winter's Envoy as well.

I’m damn hyped for my Atk/HP Lilina who was my very first five-star ever.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I’m damn hyped for my Atk/HP Lilina who was my very first five-star ever.

I've only gotten 2 Lilinas in this game and both have been sacrificed for feathers

So how many would upgrade Siegmund and Armads? I'm not convinced I would.

I got my first ever decent (not necessarily great) Roy yesterday with +Atk -Def so that's good timing for him to not be eaten. Lilina I've had a +2 all along (I have no one higher) so I very much welcome that one. Don't have Karel, and doubt I'd use Fir unless Nameless Blade was just a DC weapon (hah). Lloyd I have no comment on, really, never someone I've contemplated in any way.

You know Armands and Siegmund raise an interesting question. Should they make us able to 'down grade'? I can think of situations where I would prefer regular Siegmund over Flame Siegmund. Same with Hector. Both weapons already have a pretty darn good ability/upgrade options.

Well, Armads's not getting it's own upgrade. RIP. Still, it is an excuse to keep QR Seal on Hector until Vantage gets a seal.

Also Ephraim gets access to Flame Seigmund, Fir, Karel and Lilina get a new weapon and Boi and Lloyd finally get upgrades. Good for them and my 5* Roy.