Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Summoning is not guaranteed to get you the units you need though. And the hardest quests/maps are not doable for people like me that don't have a lot of skill and would rather play more casually. But us casual players miss out on more rewards since IS only seems to care about whales and expert players.

Well, from my experience, I can say that saving tons of orbs, while not guaranteed, makes it a lot easier to get the unit you want. Since I decided to make a +10 B!Ike, I’have almost only pulled in his banners. Which means that when some of them came, I had 300 F2P orbs. Actually is +8, and of course I have got a few pity breakers too (Merric, Hawkeye, Amelia or even Shiro in a session without green orbs). You can apply this also to get multiple characters instead of 10 copies of the same one. I’m not sure if I’m explaining it clearly. 

As for the difficulty, for example, Infernal Xander only required you to have: upgraded Xander to 5* (which is really helpful, is my most used red cav), have a F2P 4* Ursula, a F2P Sully and the only no F2P unit was a 4* Titania. It wasn’t even a 5*, but a 4* one. And the only skill inheritance required was a 3* Barst for Reposition and a 3* Henry for Green Tome Breaker. Just don’t give up, you’ll find a way to overcome those missions with your units :3

Also, now they are stamina free, so you can try as much as you need!

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

26 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

-Miciah is the bomb.  It sucks that BST matters so much in arena, but the bird toting armor/cavalry deleter is a lot of fun to use.  There are a lot of fun units that aren't good for arena unfortunately, unless they are high merged.  What do people think about arena scoring?

-Infernal difficulty is fine.  It isn't for whales only either.  Every infernal difficulty has many clear options, some of which that are free and/or low investment.  They replay these GHB anyways, so if for some reason you really don't have a team that can beat it, you may in the future.  I've cleared all the infernal challenges, and I'm FTP.   I really like GHB particularly infernal cause they are like puzzles, and are the most interesting challenges the game has to offer.  

Yes! Using Micaiah is very fun! Exploting enemies is quite amazing.

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

You can use Odin. I use him sometimes. There are plenty of challenges where he works fine, just not the hardest ones. In the hardest challenges, I bring out my units that are best for it, whoever they are. The game isn't designed to make you avoid using any units, it's designed to make you use a wide variety of units for different tasks.

IS doesn't only care about whales and expert players. You clear plenty of quests, right? Those are quests they include so less-experienced players have something to do. Even the GHB Elite quests always have a quest for each character that just requires beating their GHB at any difficulty level. And they just had a whole big announcement for changing Tempest Trials to Tempest Trials+,  with pretty much all the changes making the rewards way easier to get. They do that because they want players at your level to have things to do. But they also want players at my level to have things to do. They're trying to serve a lot of different skill levels here, and that requires having different challenges targeted at different skill levels.

Yeah, and I have 80 or so 5 star units which include several of each color and weapon type. Isn't that variety enough?

Yeah, but most of the quests I can clear don't give orbs. A lot of the free orbs are locked behind super hard challenges.

I do like the changes to TT though.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't think any of the challenge maps (specifically PvE maps) force a player to use certain characters. Some may be better suited for the job, but no one character is ever required for any map.

Odin might be bad compared to other units in the game, but no character in the game is unsalvageably bad. Heck, PvE maps with fixed enemies are the maps where unusual character choices are at their most viable because you can plan your team composition beforehand and bring a team that synergizes with those characters.

It feels like some are much easier with certain characters than others though. And the characters that make it that much easier could be 5 star exclusives in the summon pool or characters someone doesn't want to use.

11 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Saias's GHB is tomorrow, right? Ugh... I need to get rid of units.

And so is the long awaited return of Camus...who's bringing an Infernal map with him + the quest that gives a 4* of him so that's another two units you'll need to dispose off.

12 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Saias's GHB is tomorrow, right? Ugh... I need to get rid of units.

Same. I had to trash a 3* Serra I found when the new copy of Zephiel made me clear room.

I have too many units I'm hoarding copies of just on the off chance I decide to merge them up one day. 11 Ninos or 6 Cecilias sitting around is just dead space since I still haven't wanted to do anything with them..

I am looking forward to tomorrow Saias is coming who I have feathers waiting for, and merges for Camus as well.  This is going to be fun since I was only able to clear the hard map of Camus's when he ran the first time.  Saias will probably end up being my most used blue mage considering how much I use Arvis.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

It feels like some are much easier with certain characters than others though. And the characters that make it that much easier could be 5 star exclusives in the summon pool or characters someone doesn't want to use.

Things are always easier if you bring a tool that is better suited for the job. You can drive nails with a wrench, but it won't be as effective as using a hammer. You can screw in a hex bolt with pliers, but it won't be as effective as using a wrench.

Perhaps it's time, then, for me to revive my old Ice Dragon Grand Hero Battle Challenge just to prove that you can make things work even with the lower-tiered characters.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Whales are likely not the majority of players though. I doubt a lot of people really can drop thousands of dollars on the game like whales do. And non-whales like me still drop a little every now and then too.

That is why they reward whales for supporting the game. It is not like the rewards for whales is significantly more than what a free player can receive anyways. A free player can reasonably obtain at least 50% to 75% of the rewards without spending a penny. Giving a whales a few extra Orbs and copies of limited units is the least the developers can do to show their appreciation.

Minnows dropping a few bucks here and there does help support the game, but it is nowhere near the amount that whales spend.

Those 20 orbs could've also been the difference between coming away with something good in a banner right before it ends or missing out on that banner and letting it and a pity rate disappear. Sure, the pity rate might not have been broken with those 20 orbs anyway, but at least there would've been a chance for it to.

The odds are low enough to be negligible.  The game gives us 200+ Orbs per month now, and missing 10% of that is not a big deal, considering the cost that whales have to pay get those extra Orbs.

Lunatic is challenging enough imo, I never understood why infernal was necessary.

Lunatic is not challenging enough for a lot of players though.

And the game makes a lot of money now. I don't see why we should have to spend more than, say, what I do.

You can never make enough money. Nintendo, like any company, has a duty to its owners to make as much profit as possible. If the owners found out that management was intentionally limiting the profits for no reason, management would be fired and immediately replaced. Companies also need that extra cash as a buffer for emergencies and offsetting losses from other projects.

46 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What about those poor Odin/Owain fans out there for instance? Odin is possibly the worst character in the game.

He is fine as a Raven mage, although he does need +Atk and Attack +1 if he is only going to be at 4*+10 with a regular Blárraven. Not every character has to be a nuke or generalist tank.

46 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Micaiah's not as good as people think, actually. She can hit both armors and cavalry hard, but she's killed easily by so many units due to her low Spd and Def.

Micaiah is not suited to be a wide coverage nuke and she was never meant to be one either. Micaiah is a counter and she is an amazing one at that because she compresses armor counter and cavalry counter roles into one. She is great in Arena Assault because you can use one counter instead of two counters.

45 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Micaiah's not as good as people think, actually. She can hit both armors and cavalry hard, but she's killed easily by so many units due to her low Spd and Def.

Well you don't want her to get into melee range of like anything, but she fills her unique niche pretty well.  If she had high speed she could maybe windsweep and just hit armors safely, that would be sweet.  Still she does a good job and her good res plus distant defense (or double that with the seal) means she can tank mages in general well. 

31 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Yes! Using Micaiah is very fun! Exploting enemies is quite amazing.

Yes, love effective weapon units.  She is a rare sight nowadays, but my +atk Poison dagger Kagero still is a blast to use.  If I pull an optimum nature Caeda definitely going to promote her for that Wing sword bliss.  

Saias.  Can't wait for him to drop, he comes with speed ploy meaning you can easily build him to be a quad ployer!  For Arvis lovers, you can sack one of the copies to give him speed ploy and thus make him a quad ployer too.  I likely will wait on sacking a spare Saias though, cause Speed ploy may eventually be a seal and then it would have been a waste to give to Arvis.  Can father and son conquer battlefields though?  Even though they are doing the same thing, being able to cover more area will make it harder for the enemy to maneuver around it.  Oh imagine 4 quad ployers, just marching up the battlefield like the Fab Four.

Camus return also!

49 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

-Miciah is the bomb.  It sucks that BST matters so much in arena, but the bird toting armor/cavalry deleter is a lot of fun to use.  There are a lot of fun units that aren't good for arena unfortunately, unless they are high merged.  What do people think about arena scoring?

-Infernal difficulty is fine.  It isn't for whales only either.  Every infernal difficulty has many clear options, some of which that are free and/or low investment.  They replay these GHB anyways, so if for some reason you really don't have a team that can beat it, you may in the future.  I've cleared all the infernal challenges, and I'm FTP.   I really like GHB particularly infernal cause they are like puzzles, and are the most interesting challenges the game has to offer.  

Agreed, I have a lot of fun units like Micaiah, Tana, Deirdre, etc. that only gets use during GHB/BHB and AA if they hard counter the enemy. I'm not the biggest fan of how in the end BST is the endgame for arena (like it or not if you want to remain competitive one day you'll be forced to only use armors with boosted BST like Zelgius because the score creep is not going to stop) but at the same time I get that the realm of top 1k in AA and tier 20 mainstays should be only the way IS rewards whales for all the money they've thrown into the game. 

About game difficulties. I feel like the game is becoming too easy. I want something harder because with all the QoL changes IS made to TT I don't find it fun to just create a random team and press auto-battle to get the rewards, I remember the first TT fondly because I really had to work for the rewards and the satisfaction of getting to 106k is something that I haven't felt since. While GC has a ton of issues atm at least I like that the Infernal difficulty really feels like it is Infernal and not just an extremely easy map with inflated stats to create artificial difficulty like some BHB did (Tana & Amelia and Chrom & Lissa come to mind because they were jokes even at Infernal although I know that this wouldn't be the case for new players but not everything should cater to them imo). 

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Micaiah is not suited to be a wide coverage nuke and she was never meant to be one either. Micaiah is a counter and she is an amazing one at that because she compresses armor counter and cavalry counter roles into one. She is great in Arena Assault because you can use one counter instead of two counters.

She's also very good as a pseudo-healer in TTs / CCs if you can slap Renewal 3 on her to go with Sacrifice. And since OG Rein is the likely boss of the next TT, I'll probably be relying on her quite a bit again pretty soon and I also hope that she gets to nuke plenty more mage scum Eirikas along the way.

39 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Things are always easier if you bring a tool that is better suited for the job. You can drive nails with a wrench, but it won't be as effective as using a hammer. You can screw in a hex bolt with pliers, but it won't be as effective as using a wrench.

Perhaps it's time, then, for me to revive my old Ice Dragon Grand Hero Battle Challenge just to prove that you can make things work even with the lower-tiered characters.

Yeah, but using lower tiered characters requires a lot more skill, which some players don't have.

32 minutes ago, XRay said:

The odds are low enough to be negligible.  The game gives us 200+ Orbs per month now, and missing 10% of that is not a big deal, considering the cost that whales have to pay get those extra Orbs.

I don't know, some players go through hundreds of orbs without getting a single 5 star, let alone the one they wanted.

Lunatic is not challenging enough for a lot of players though.

Really? How? It's pretty hard a lot of the time.

You can never make enough money. Nintendo, like any company, has a duty to its owners to make as much profit as possible. If the owners found out that management was intentionally limiting the profits for no reason, management would be fired and immediately replaced. Companies also need that extra cash as a buffer for emergencies and offsetting losses from other projects.

Yeah, but people aren't made of money, so they still have to find a balance on how much they want to make and how much they should make things cost. Or else they won't make as much as they want or even a profit at all.

Edited by Anacybele

I mean

I'm not a whale

I haven't spent any money on this game

At most I've been very fortunate with my summons on some banners.

And I've still cleared every single challenge the game has thrown at me, even with only free units.

I've also even cleared a good number of challenges using only my friends' units on accounts that have been less fortune and less SI'd than mine. So.

Edited by Sunwoo

If the highest challenge in the game was lunatic, this game would have very little challenge for people playing for a long time. I'm a f2p player, been playing since week 1, and I am able to clear lunatics of quests with relative ease. Infernal, however, is a challenge and that is why it is fun. It's easy to just run horse/flier/armor emblem on lunatic, but infernal gives the player more challenge if they have the units able of doing it. Infernal has that extra unit that makes having 4 units alive that much harder than lunatic because it throws off some prior strategy you had. If the game didn't have an infernal mode, the challenge for many would be lost. The harder mode after that would be like, deathless AA/Arena and those harder chain challenges, which will get stale if that is the only true sense of challenge in the game. The challenge is meant for people who are able to do it, which is why they have lunatic/hard mode for people who don't have the proper materials. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I have Firesweep archers on my Water Blessing and Earth Blessing teams. Fire Blessing team got Reinhardt, and anything he cannot kill is killed by Olivia with Ruby Sword. Wind Blessing team got Celica and Nino. All four Blessing teams got Dancers/Singers. Lunatic is a cakewalk other than Berkut's Grand Hero Battle, and I just gave my Sheena a Wind Blessing and the map is easily solved.

For the Infernal GHB Elite quests, they are even easier in some ways since my team composition is only limited by movement type and not Blessings. I have a Distant Counter armor team so the armor quests is just a simple matter of Swapping units around. I got 5*+10 Reinhardt and BH!Lyn so the cavalry quests are not particularly difficult either. I got my seasonal mage flier team and HNY!Azura so flier quests are a piece of cake. I got BB!Cordelia with Firesweep Bow and a variety of infantry Dancers/Singers so infantry quests are probably the easiest out of the bunch.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but people aren't made of money, so they still have to find a balance on how much they want to make and how much they should make things cost. Or else they won't make a profit at all.

A business should take as much money from their customers as possible. There is no reason not to. If all the whales paid as much money as you, the developers probably would not survive and Nintendo will not be as forgiving if the next Fire Emblem game fails.

@Anacybele You should watch Zeo's infernal clear videos. He's made one solid team based around Matthew and has cleared every (I'm pretty sure he's done all of them now) infernal map with them. And I'm pretty sure he's f2p as well. 

The infernal maps are hard, but now that they're free to do, you can try them as many times as you want, and you really have nothing to lose except for time on them. And if you're playing this game anyway, you're likely doing it to waste time as it is. The Elite quests can be challenging, especially the first set, but they are doable. Just ask for help with team-building, listing out the characters you're actually willing to use. 

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd be super cool with this. Now that zero stamina is a thing, it's far easier to play around with team compositions. 

I don't tend to play games for the challenge, but eh, it's a couple thousand feathers every GHB extra that otherwise wouldn't be obtainable so I'm fine with the reward structure. I do think that GHBs like Takumi and Valter are at the level of difficulty where it's no longer fun, but as AA shows, I can be bribed to do unfun content for feathers. I don't count infernal BHBs because they're more like Lunatic GHBs in terms of difficulty, as are the old non-reinforcement GHBs.

Ah yes, reinforcements. I hate them, but that's hardly exclusive to FEH. It means I can't determine a strategy just by looking at the starting map and that annoys me because I'm a lazy git. But the net result is simply that I immediately look up a F2P clear video instead of even attempting to solve it on my own, and in the end nothing of value was lost.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I mean

I'm not a whale

And I've still cleared every single challenge the game has thrown at me, even with only free units.

I've also even cleared a good number of challenges using only my friends' units on accounts that have been less fortune and less SI'd than mine. So.

Same boat as you, completely f2p. Its not hard. There is a reason people have cleared CCs and the like with 4* units, all healer groups, etc. Just takes some thinking. This is a strategy game after all, Strategy should be key.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I mean

I'm not a whale

That's cool. You're a much better player than me then. I fully admit it, I'm not that good. But I can't seem to get better than I already am, so...

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@Anacybele You should watch Zeo's infernal clear videos. He's made one solid team based around Matthew and has cleared every (I'm pretty sure he's done all of them now) infernal map with them. And I'm pretty sure he's f2p as well. 

I've already stated this, but you probably didn't see it, so I'll say it again. I don't use videos anymore because they just almost never work. I often don't have the same units or the same stats and skills on my units, and as a result, the enemies behave differently and throw everything off.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I don't usually bother even bringing these four for Lunatic, but they can stomp most Infernal maps without breaking a sweat.

tumblr_p7b1jnkLJ61sn35pqo1_400.png

tumblr_p7b1jnkLJ61sn35pqo2_400.png

tumblr_p7b1jnkLJ61sn35pqo3_400.png

tumblr_p7b1jnkLJ61sn35pqo4_400.png

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't usually bother even bringing these four for Lunatic, but they can stomp most Infernal maps without breaking a sweat.

Hide contents

tumblr_p7b1jnkLJ61sn35pqo1_400.png

tumblr_p7b1jnkLJ61sn35pqo2_400.png

tumblr_p7b1jnkLJ61sn35pqo3_400.png

tumblr_p7b1jnkLJ61sn35pqo4_400.png

I've only got two out of four of those, so my flier team is different. I guess maybe I don't have the strongest team setups.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've already stated this, but you probably didn't see it, so I'll say it again. I don't use videos anymore because they just almost never work. I often don't have the same units or the same stats and skills on my units, and as a result, the enemies behave differently and throw everything off.

His videoes aren't a guide because I highly doubt there are many people who have a Matthew quite like his. They just show off how awesome his team is. I was using his videos as an example to show that it's possible to build one team around your favorite character(s) (even one who might be considered "trash tier"). You might not be able to use ALL your favorite units on one team, but you can pick one like Frederick or Ike, select units to support or buff him, and probably clear most of the infernal game content with that one team. It might mean putting a lot of investment into a single unit, but that's not such a bad thing when they're one of your faves.