Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Do Ally Support buffs stack? It's a novelty scenario but I'm curious whether the following can happen:

a) One Corrin and three Azuras (for the sake of an example), would he give each of them +6 to all stats?

b) Three Corrins and one Azura, would Azura receive +18 to all stats? (Or maybe +14 if the base support doesn't stack but the Yato buff does)

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Do Ally Support buffs stack? It's a novelty scenario but I'm curious whether the following can happen:

a) One Corrin and three Azuras (for the sake of an example), would he give each of them +6 to all stats?

b) Three Corrins and one Azura, would Azura receive +18 to all stats? (Or maybe +14 if the base support doesn't stack but the Yato buff does)

Base supports do stack, so I'm pretty sure +18 is definitely a thing unless the Yato's effect is capped at 1x. Scenario (a) definitely happens.

The refines are fine, none of them really wow me though. M!Corrin's is amazing, but not enough to make me use Corrin himself.

On the other hand @mcsilas @mampfoid Sealed Falchion becoming a thing has me conflicted about Chrom.. I was content making him an enemy phase unit with Spectrum Bond Falchion but with this Sealed Falchion new possibilities open up... I'm not sure what I want to do at this point.

13 minutes ago, Zeo said:

The refines are fine, none of them really wow me though. M!Corrin's is amazing, but not enough to make me use Corrin himself.

On the other hand @mcsilas @mampfoid Sealed Falchion becoming a thing has me conflicted about Chrom.. I was content making him an enemy phase unit with Spectrum Bond Falchion but with this Sealed Falchion new possibilities open up... I'm not sure what I want to do at this point.

The 100% HP condition seems to be a pretty restrictive condition if you want keep the effect active in longer fights (even more so if you go without a healer). Perhaps it remains the better option for the more offensive cav variant (sweep in and kill), because of its greater reach. 

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

The 100% HP condition seems to be a pretty restrictive condition if you want keep the effect active in longer fights (even more so if you go without a healer). Perhaps it remains the better option for the more offensive cav variant (sweep in and kill), because of its greater reach. 

You need to be under 100% HP in order to get boosts from Sealed Falchion.

So three Corrin's can give +12 to all stats on a supported unit, but Corrin still wouldn't be able to do anything by himself much

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You need to be under 100% HP in order to get boosts from Sealed Falchion.

Well, then forget what I just wrote, @Zeo.

Anyway, built-in Renewal 3 is not to ignore. Don't you think Chroms build would remain for EP even with Sealed Falchion? 

Sealed Falchion is a better PvE weapon than an Arena weapon, imo. The boost requiring some form of combat to have taken place before it can activate really hurts it in Arena, where the first engagement is the most important. In Hero Battles, though, with reinforcements especially, Lucina with Desperation could use the boosts to independently sweep and stuff. It's not that great on Chrom though, imo, since he loses sustain, and he's more EP based to begin with anyway.

So im not sure if anyone have tested this out

Corrin weapon says that he can give buff to anyone they supported. No indication to support rank whatsoever

Cant you actually reassemble his support every map then? Look at the map, decide how you want to tackle it, have Male Corrin C support them for 4/4/4/4 godbuff and then after its done demand divorce and move on with your life. Rinse and repeat

Uh yeah

The character that is defined by choosing one side and sticking with it is now a grade C philanderer. Maybe its a lowkey subtle jab to revelation. Still thanks FEH

Ok so my thoughts on Refinements.

Clair - Rhompaia: her refinement basically means blue Shiida. Her buff helps her a lot because she can trigger specials faster and can handle armored/cavalry enemies decently provided she has good buffs, specially on the defensive side, because she also wants to tank some threats as well.

Camilla - Camilla's Axe: the Rose's Thorns effect is pretty well thought because it resembles her character and personality in an impeccable way, plus it includes a semi Trample effect in that cavalry/flier allies boost her offenses. Originally I thought they were going to add a poison dagger effect on her weapon to bring up Trample but the way they did it is ok in my opinion. It also gives her more versatility regarding team composition because she can work well with Hinoka that initially gets +4/4 with any flier around her, with Camilla she'll get 7/7 and if you want to slap Goad Flier on her then Hinoka will have a stupid 11/11 boost during combat that nobody will revert. If you want to add her to a mixed flier/cavalry team (2/2) then you can squeeze tactic skills in any way, and L'Arachel is a good option to enhance defenses with a double tactics build, so that's something to consider. The other cavalry unit can be Siegbert to boost Atk to all allies and Camilla can stay with Darting Blow and have +6 on all stats without big positioning restrictions. All in all, I'd say Camilla's refinement is the best out of the three.

Yato - "Supportive" Yato: it is ridiculous how busted this refinement is, because any supported ally will have +5 or +6 on all stats depending on Corrin's proximity to it. You can add Drive Spd and Atk and you'll have +8/9 on offense or Spd/Def Drive and that's something ridic. Its downside is that it works only on player modes but still it is a great refinement.

@Zeo If you do Sealed Falchion, Fury would be a cheap A slot that goes well with the Sealed Falchion effect. Horse Chrom is a beast with it. Of course, normal Chrom has less move and has no horse buffs but it's a fairly cheaper option that a Bond skill.

@Hawk King Thanks! Sorry I meant to ask but I fell asleep! After the last Grand Conquest I realised I needed more friends to help out so I thought to try requesting. I was so close to reaching the top GC Tier doing all Lunatic but I ran out of time.

Gosh, I wanted to YOLO for Kinoka on my main (unique niche and one of my favourite characters), but all I got was nothing and am now down to 0 orbs on my main account. Oh well. Will just go for free summons for until I build the stock up then.

Holy shit. Slap on DD as well as QR and Julius can survive and kill  a +10 atk boon DB3/Moonbow/ChillRes/QP Reinhardt if given just a res +3 buff

Edited by silveraura25

Pretty cool refinements Corrin (M)s is very unique!

Plus I feel since the story is closing soon its getting interesting to the end.

Spoiler

Inb4 Hrid or Ylgr sacrifices themselves so Fjorm doesn't get effected by the ritual calling it now would be interesting if the brother was a traitor since Gunnthrá mention wishing her siblings would get along (that's very foreshadowing to me) since very unlikely the young sister would feel any bad thoughts. Would help fix the development mess which was chapter 7.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

42 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Holy shit. Slap on DD as well as QR and Julius can survive and kill  a +10 atk boon DB3/Moonbow/ChillRes/QP Reinhardt if given just a res +3 buff

Well you just told me how to build mine when I get him.  I am glad to see Julius is worth building and using.

45 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:
Spoiler

Inb4 the unnamed brother or Ylgr sacrifices themselves so Fjorm doesn't get effected by the ritual calling it now would be interesting if the brother was a traitor since Gunnthrá mention wishing her siblings would get along (that's very foreshadowing to me) since very unlikely the young sister would feel any bad thoughts. Would help fix the development mess which was chapter 7.

It's just shocking to me they decided to add yet more characters into the mix. What, were the ones we already had getting too developed? Anna going "huh, your demeanor changes when you talk about Surtr" to Fjorm was one of the most hamfisted ways of trying to characterize someone I've ever seen.

11 minutes ago, Thane said:

It's just shocking to me they decided to add yet more characters into the mix. What, were the ones we already had getting too developed? 

They were getting so developed that they started killing them off.

46 minutes ago, Thane said:

It's just shocking to me they decided to add yet more characters into the mix. What, were the ones we already had getting too developed? Anna going "huh, your demeanor changes when you talk about Surtr" to Fjorm was one of the most hamfisted ways of trying to characterize someone I've ever seen.

I agree that line was very hamfisted... and yeah they should've been at least mentioned much early on or shown briefly not at the very end of the arc it feels so rushed (at least I kinda get Alolan Gonzales since he's nothing too special) where as I already said either one of her sibs will most likely be the sacrifice to "save" her or even both just cause.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

I'm not too fond of Camillas axe, because it is not really flexible and is not that good for my core team... But I will think something up for a mixed team. 
Or...don't blame me for going the path of Camilla emblem D=. 

Well I feel stupid now.

Of course Hinoka's Spear and Camilla's Axe would be able to buff the siblings of Hinoka and Camilla, as well as other fliers... whoever designed brain processing speed clearly gave me old hardware.

@mcsilas @mampfoid It completely changes the dynamic of Chrom who I had a good idea of what I wanted to do with, now I don't know. With Sealed Falchion he can certainly be a lot more independent, but with spectrum bond he definitely is more of a team player, he's an EP sword unit anyways, maybe I shouldn't try to make him something he's not.

Yato's buff is so unflexible and doesn't help Corrin himself at all... It only targets one of your allies, unlike Marth's Drives. I'd actually rather take Atk or Spd refine than his Special refine. With Fury and the new Yato effect, he gets +5 to all stats, or he can use LnD for +7/+7/-3/-3, and then 3 more Atk/Spd depending on which refine you pick.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

5 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I agree that line was very hamfisted... and yeah they should've been at least mentioned much early on or shown briefly not at the very end of the arc it feels so rushed (at least I kinda get Alolan Gonzales since he's nothing too special) where as I already said either one of her sibs will most likely be the sacrifice to "save" her or even both just cause.

They were mentioned. I assume the new dude is the third of the scorching triad that Laegjarn mentioned in her last stand and Gunnthra (& I think Fjorm?) did mention siblings, plural.

I do agree Fjorm probably should have mentioned them more, and not had it as easy to miss lines even if you have the units, mind you. 

Edited by r_n

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yato's buff is so unflexible and doesn't help Corrin himself at all... It only targets one of your allies, unlike Marth's Drives. I'd actually rather take Atk or Spd refine than his Special refine. With Fury and the new Yato effect, he gets +5 to all stats, or he can use LnD for +7/+7/-3/-3, and then 3 more Atk/Spd depending on which refine you pick.

my issue with that is his stats seems underwhleming i guess?

granted 45/34/37/30/26 is still a fairly solid specs, but compared to most modern Swordlord is way worse distributed

While his refine is basically turning him into themed buffer for anything which seems really good. IDK i'm questioning between getting his refine or Mich lol