Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Bruno's got the whole angsty manly thing down, so we don't need two of them. 

We don’t even have one yet. I’m still calling Bruno and/or Veronica joining after Bruno and Xander rescue Veronica just in the nick of time, with Bruno conveniently having found the secret cure to their bloodline curse or something.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I dunno' if we need 'em or not. XD It's out now, but I know most US folks probably haven't been up to play the chapter unless they're night owls. XD I'm just cautious so I don't get yelled at. I can only handle so much internet yelling after being dragged around by children all day. 

Brainy + pretty is the best combo. Bruno's got the whole angsty manly thing down, so we don't need two of them. Not that I would complain. I'm not getting my hopes up too high though. Gotta' have zero expectations, or I'll end up disappointed.  

Yeah, I'm being cautious mentioning anything to do with Hellbindi, but the brother should be fair game. If anyone gets mad about that kind of 'spoiler', which has no impact to the plot or anything currently, they are far too sensitive.

And yeah, I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Then again, I keep hoping we'll see Bruno again and getting disappointed there, so I don't learn.

I guess Alfonse is intelligent - he's thought up some plans on his feet. I just don't want another Ike, Ephraim or Alm in personality...

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

We don’t even have one yet. I’m still calling Bruno and/or Veronica joining after Bruno and Xander rescue Veronica just in the nick of time, with Bruno conveniently having found the secret cure to their bloodline curse or something.

I'm fully prepared for all the deus ex machina stuff to happen. I'd just like to see Bruno once. XD They've been giving us chapters a lot faster, so depending on how many seasonal banners we get, we could be finishing up the arc before or around CYL.

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Yeah, I'm being cautious mentioning anything to do with Hellbindi, but the brother should be fair game. If anyone gets mad about that kind of 'spoiler', which has no impact to the plot or anything currently, they are far too sensitive.

And yeah, I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Then again, I keep hoping we'll see Bruno again and getting disappointed there, so I don't learn.

I guess Alfonse is intelligent - he's thought up some plans on his feet. I just don't want another Ike, Ephraim or Alm in personality...

Same. But like I said, no expectations. I've been wanting a rebellious fire prince for ages now, but I'm fairly certain that won't happen. Prove me wrong, IS. XD Alfonse has at least grown on me and he's oddly attached since I've been on his Grand Conquest team six times. 

7 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Same. But like I said, no expectations. I've been wanting a rebellious fire prince for ages now, but I'm fairly certain that won't happen. Prove me wrong, IS. XD Alfonse has at least grown on me and he's oddly attached since I've been on his Grand Conquest team six times. 

Aye, a fire prince and an ice prince would've suited me fine, but oh well. As long as I get a good looking ice prince, I can be happy lol

Bonus points if his personality isn't as flat as cardboard. I like what we've seen of Hellbindi so far. I have suspicions about loli-fjorm so holding off on judgement there for now.

I've always quite liked Alfonse, but I will admit, since the bunny banner and that chapter of the story he faces Surtr, he's grown more as a character. I think more people grew to like him. Shame he's still in the worst class and weapon typing. I love using his bunny version, though.

Part of me really wants to +10 Clair and give her the same build as Caeda with DC and Galeforce, but She only scores slightly higher than Lukas, and I want to increase my team's value to make it easier to stay in the top 1000 of AA.  It makes it hard to justify the 140k feathers I would need to spend, and the Hector fodder, to finish her build.

Also want to +10 Corrin and refine his weapon, but again, He doesn't do much for me long term as the threshold fot top 1000 of AA will most certainly be going up and up.

In the meantime, I am going to just continue to hoard my feathers until a big purchase becomes trivial.

Helbindi is cool. I'm not sure if he's dead (I feel like it would have been made clear if he was) but one way or another, I'm sure he'll be playable eventually.

Legendary banners seem to have stopped adding new OCs, at least for the moment, but we did recently get a seasonal banner with OCs. Wonder if eventually, we'll start having regular banners with OCs, like a Muspell banner.

I was reading the new chapter:

Spoiler

And at the end, I saw Ylgr call our name even though us was never said in front of her, which makes me think the Ylgr with us is Loki. Either that, or she already knew our name via Gunnthra talking to her or she has the same ability as Gunnthra

17 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Hide contents

And at the end, I saw Ylgr call our name even though us was never said in front of her, which makes me think the Ylgr with us is Loki. Either that, or she already knew our name via Gunnthra talking to her or she has the same ability as Gunnthra

That would also explain her escape from Helbindi's soldiers, and fits her insistence on joining.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

That would also explain her escape from Helbindi's soldiers, and fits her insistence on joining.

Yeah, the real Ylgr is very much being carried to Surtr’s castle. I wonder if our party figures her out.

Spoiler

48 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Hide contents

Or it's an oversight!

8 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Or it's an oversight!

I've seen people say that but nah I don't think so, it feels very deliberate that Fjorm cuts herself off by coughing before she can introduce the Summoner and then Ylgr calls us by our name despite that.

16 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Reveal hidden contents

This was the same gut reaction I had to it all, but we'll see if that's the case. I keep expecting them to pull that trick somewhere, and this seems the right place to do it.

Okay, no joke, Helbindi is one of my favorite OCs in the game so far and I really hope he isn't dead. I hope he defects to the Askr side. I also think the Ylgr with the party is actually Loki. Also also, I have a feeling Bruno will swoop in and save Veronica, but die in the process.

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

Reveal hidden contents

This is is about what I thought.  I am starting to wonder how this arc is going to end because I really don't think Surtr is going to die just yet, unless they are going to pull evil dragon for the millionth time which is pretty likely.

10 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

This is is about what I thought.  I am starting to wonder how this arc is going to end because I really don't think Surtr is going to die just yet, unless they are going to pull evil dragon for the millionth time which is pretty likely.

This arc is likely to last until about August or September, in time for the CYL2 units to arrive. Surtr isn’t going to die just yet and they will dig up an evil dragon for the millionth time. IS loves their idiotic tropes.

I actually didn't notice that Ylgr called the summoner by name before she could actually be told the name... Huh. That's clever writing if she's actually Loki.

Btw, anyone having trouble with 9-3 lunatic, I recommend Fjorm and if you have her, Kitty Sakura. They both wreck this one entirely. lol

4 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ylgr mysteriously escaping after the previous scene with no Múspell forces in hot pursuit was suspicious too.  Surtr wouldn't send incompetent flunkies to transport her.

11 hours ago, Zeo said:

I figured with the kind of buffs she's getting every turn (and every other turn) they would have capped her at something like 30 base SPD, but 36 with a boon reaching to 39 means a +SPD Ishtar reaches 49 SPD on initiation. Guaranteed and with no way to prevent it. There's nothing she can't double. Except maybe a +10 Ayra and with a simple Speed seal or a hone/drive she probably doubles her too.

Granted my Ayra would simply die on the first hit, but she has 55 Spd on both phases without her blessing active (58 Spd with Fjorm in the party, 64 Spd with 3 Fjorms in the party).

She can't double Fae (or probably any green dragon) because she doesn't live long enough to double, and there's no way in hell she doubles Leo or Myrrh.

Too bad I can't pull from this banner yet because I'm still sitting on a 1099/1100 barracks.

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Ward Fliers is available at 4★:
Screenshot_20180510-155451.png

I can safely merge future Minervas now!

unless a unit wants both LaD and Ward Fliers i guess

and yeah, Hellbindi is great. Both him and Laegjarm are awesome. 

Spoiler

If he really is dead, maybethat explains the lack of special quotes?

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Ward Fliers is available at 4★:

What the hell am I supposed to do with my spare Minervas now?

First Life and Death 3 is given to Sothe at 4-star rarity. Now Ward Fliers to Shigure.

I wonder how likely it is that Lene becomes the next 4* drop. Sword Valor is kinda making me doubt a bit, but I'd like to have her without relying on a banner focus. Obviously, she is gorgeous to look at, but I would also love to have a second sword dancer for AA (or even a sword valor dancer in general; I can't fodder off my only Chrom or Gray for that). Ishtar is 5*-locked, that's for sure, and I feel like Ares will be too (pulled him so that he can collect dust with the recent off-focus daddy for the time being - though perma-Bonfire is funny as hell), but he isn't as certain as Ishtar. Anyways, since I won't be spending on the banner anymore, I'll just have to hope.

Concerning the story: Sharena being Loki would probably be a better twist than what we will end up getting, the writing isn't really subtle. Helbindi being the "forced to be a jackass for survival" isn't exactly new, but it's serviceable enough. It's a shame that we'll likely enter a break soon with an upcoming seasonal banner, but at the very least, I am not bored by the story. Even if it isn't anything special it's miles ahead of Book 1 for me.