Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

32 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

What the hell am I supposed to do with my spare Minervas now?

First Life and Death 3 is given to Sothe at 4-star rarity. Now Ward Fliers to Shigure.

Prepare for the Sacred Cowl meta

HM in Tap Battles are great but I wish they went further and have participating units gain SP for every enemy a unit taps away. It would make the mode even more appealing and have more value since SP grind can be annoying

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

We don’t even have one yet. I’m still calling Bruno and/or Veronica joining after Bruno and Xander rescue Veronica just in the nick of time, with Bruno conveniently having found the secret cure to their bloodline curse or something.

We definitly need Brunos Abs back in the game, i mean seriously... I miss them so much ._.

9 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

HM in Tap Battles are great but I wish they went further and have participating units gain SP for every enemy a unit taps away. It would make the mode even more appealing and have more value since SP grind can be annoying

Considering that, to get through the daily grind of Tap Battles, I just do casual mode and rapidly tap the button regardless of combo...

Yeah lez get this in the game. Also Sacred Cowl is on Eliwood and Lukas.

Edited by Xenomata

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Send them to me. I can find purpose for them.

I wish. It would be nice to be able to free up some barracks space by handing out my extras to people who could actually use them.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Prepare for the Sacred Cowl meta

But Sacred Cowl is also already available from a 4-star character:

• Hauteclere: not inheritable
  • Sacred Cowl: Eliwood, Lukas
  • Life and Death 3: Sothe
  • Ward Fliers: Shigure

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wish. It would be nice to be able to free up some barracks space by handing out my extras to people who could actually use them.

I wish i could create GHB myself and put units i dont need up for a reward to players that can beat it. Obviously you need to beat the GHB yourself to be able to upload it (Just like Mario Maker). You can setup rules like exclude ceratin movement types, or that a specific askr trio has to be included in the win. For each attempt at your GHB you get 5 feathers. After 7 days the player that used a Team with the lowest scoring gains the unit you put up. Players dont loose anything for trying out your GHB

You can also adjust the stats of the enemys you place on the map and their skill to a certain degree (inflated HP etc)

Edited by Hilda

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Granted my Ayra would simply die on the first hit, but she has 55 Spd on both phases without her blessing active (58 Spd with Fjorm in the party, 64 Spd with 3 Fjorms in the party).

She can't double Fae (or probably any green dragon) because she doesn't live long enough to double, and there's no way in hell she doubles Leo or Myrrh.

Too bad I can't pull from this banner yet because I'm still sitting on a 1099/1100 barracks.

Well, she never wants to attack a green dragon to begin with, but I'll give you Ayra of all units and I definitely forgot about Leo.

On a sidenote, I want a Flashing Blade seal.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

But Sacred Cowl is also already available from a 4-star character:

• Hauteclere: not inheritable
  • Sacred Cowl: Eliwood, Lukas
  • Life and Death 3: Sothe
  • Ward Fliers: Shigure

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Considering that, to get through the daily grind of Tap Battles, I just do casual mode and rapidly tap the button regardless of combo...

Yeah lez get this in the game. Also Sacred Cowl is on Eliwood and Lukas.

Yeah i was just joking haha

but still if you want both LaD and Ward in one go just sacrifice a Hana and Minerva. 

Personally, I just think it's egregious that we've gotten four playable female OCs and Alfonse is still our only playable male OC. Bruno has fucked off to another planet, Surtr is the main bad guy and evil, and Helbindi ... well, he's either dead or probably not joining us in the near future since we haven't gotten Bruno yet either. That's four male OCs, and only one of them is playable. (This is not counting King Askr, of course, but he only exists through word of mouth right now.) I think at this point it's too late to ask for an equal number of male or female OCs, considering how ... well developed most of them are anyway. Could we get at least one more playable male character if we get like four girls?

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I know it's brought up occasionally here, but I kinda wonder if anyone's actually brought up the idea of sending units to other players to the developers...

10 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Yeah i was just joking haha

but still if you want both LaD and Ward in one go just sacrifice a Hana and Minerva. 

Kinda figured as much, but still, Minerva is now useless as fodder lol.

...speaking of which, still waiting for the day that Subaki's now only real reason to exist finally gets replaced itself, or maybe a little swappy swap of the skill available at 4*, hrm hrm?

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...speaking of which, still waiting for the day that Subaki's now only real reason to exist finally gets replaced itself, or maybe a little swappy swap of the skill available at 4*, hrm hrm?

Subaki will always be Swap fodder even if someone else gets Quick Riposte 3 at 4-star rarity in the future because Arthur, Seth, and Stahl are even less useful as skill fodder.

I'm assuming we'll get a new calendar soon, since the March calendar dropped on March 12 and the April calendar dropped on April 11. Perhaps we'll get it today. Or tomorrow. Or the day after that.

God if Darting stance was the one to drop to 4 stars, yes I know stance 3 is always 5 stars, it would be so perfect for Lene to utilize her speed and at the same time enemy phase benefit of safeguard.  Ward fliers means I guess just like goad it should be easier (not as easy since Shigure isn't available 3 stars), to make this a part of your flier teams.  I'm sure enemy phase flier tanks will love ward stacks.

Helbindi, this might upset some people, but I find his design incredibly offensive.  He is dark skinned with really exaggerated ugly facial features like how African Americans were depicted before the civil rights era in many trinkets and such, and he is even called 'savage scourge'.  He is hot tempered and obviously not very smart, the design is very insulting.  I know he isn't just a brute, he has a soft side, but this doesn't sit well.

45 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Helbindi, this might upset some people, but I find his design incredibly offensive.  He is dark skinned with really exaggerated ugly facial features like how African Americans were depicted before the civil rights era in many trinkets and such, and he is even called 'savage scourge'.  He is hot tempered and obviously not very smart, the design is very insulting.  I know he isn't just a brute, he has a soft side, but this doesn't sit well.

I kind of agree with you, I really don't like his design and I think it is in very poor taste.  His character is alright (I don't expect too much anymore), but the comparisons that can be made between his design and racist artwork is really not a good thing.

I can't say I attributed Helbindi to a racist caricature , but perhaps i'm so used to the more well known big lipped one rather than...whatever is going on with his mouth here. I suppose the emphasis on the pearly teeth does resemble the "big smile" iconography now that I take another look.

The ugly (or "ugly" depending on the character) brute thing I didn't think twice on since it's a common character archetype and we already had the honorable one, the emotionless one, & the ganondorf. 

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Personally, I just think it's egregious that we've gotten four playable female OCs and Alfonse is still our only playable male OC. Bruno has fucked off to another planet, Surtr is the main bad guy and evil, and Helbindi ... well, he's either dead or probably not joining us in the near future since we haven't gotten Bruno yet either. That's four male OCs, and only one of them is playable. (This is not counting King Askr, of course, but he only exists through word of mouth right now.) I think at this point it's too late to ask for an equal number of male or female OCs, considering how ... well developed most of them are anyway. Could we get at least one more playable male character if we get like four girls?

We might have one less female oc by the end of this story arc since Fjorm used herself as an offering for the Rite of Frost and became ill afterward.  She might slowly be on her way out or sacrifice herself to protect someone before death catches up.

Spoiler

Too conveniently getting away, and knowing the summoners name already; I'm thinking that sister is Loki in disguise. Although that might just be the part of me that thinks they underutilized Loki's transforming so far.

Spoiler

I swear, if they DON'T make it so that the summoner, next story chapter, casually points out the fact Ylgr knew the summoners name without being properly given, as if they thought everyone else noticed... I will be severely disappointed.

I got a feeling that Ylgr and the brother (forget the name atm) will eventually be added as legendary heroes. Ylgr will be a staff unit, as she mentioned that could heal Fjorm from her illness. She could even break the mold by being a flying staff unit, though that might be unlikely due to her small stature. 

As for the brother he’ll probably be another sword, possibly a red bow,  to complete the colors his sisters share. He could be the flying one rather than Ylgr, would could be neat considering how few pegasus knights are male. Just my two cents.

2 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I got a feeling that Ylgr and the brother (forget the name atm) will eventually be added as legendary heroes. Ylgr will be a staff unit, as she mentioned that could heal Fjorm from her illness. She could even break the mold by being a flying staff unit, though that might be unlikely due to her small stature. 

As for the brother he’ll probably be another sword, possibly a red bow,  to complete the colors his sisters share. He could be the flying one rather than Ylgr, would could be neat considering how few pegasus knights are male. Just my two cents.

I bet Hrid is a red sword infantry unit & Ylgr is infantry green tome who gets Gunnthra's Blizzard.

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

and obviously not very smart

He's temperish and foul-mouthed but I didn't feel that he was portrayed to be dumb at all in his interactions with other people (mainly Ylgr). 

Edited by Vince777

3 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I kind of agree with you, I really don't like his design and I think it is in very poor taste.  His character is alright (I don't expect too much anymore), but the comparisons that can be made between his design and racist artwork is really not a good thing.

3 hours ago, r_n said:

I can't say I attributed Helbindi to a racist caricature , but perhaps i'm so used to the more well known big lipped one rather than...whatever is going on with his mouth here. I suppose the emphasis on the pearly teeth does resemble the "big smile" iconography now that I take another look.

The ugly (or "ugly" depending on the character) brute thing I didn't think twice on since it's a common character archetype and we already had the honorable one, the emotionless one, & the ganondorf. 

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

He's temperish and foul-mouthed but I didn't feel that he was portrayed to be dumb at all in his interactions with other people (mainly Ylgr). 

The huge bottom lip (most anime characters have thin lips), large nose (for an anime character at least), monkeyish ears, large mouth pearly white teeth just are all offensive.  He isn't dumb necessarily but not exactly smart.  He is also quite foul mouthed, and comes off uneducated...also a bad stereotype.  This is coupled with how few black characters one encounters in anime and Japanese made video games and how ugly the history of that generally is.  

I would think since this is a global phenomenon they would be a bit more careful in depiction of black characters.  

I don't get why they're adding so many OCs this story arc. We have Surtr and his two daughters, Fjorm and her three siblings, Loki, and Helbindi. Am I missing anyone? That's a lot especially since book 1 only introduced Alfonse, Sharena, Victoria, and Bruno, and didn't conclude its story yet.

I see 2 "summoning focus: new power" banners. Hmm, so maybe we'll get another wave of refines within just a couple more weeks? Guess I should conserve my remaining dew instead of splurging right now just in case.

Also only 1 actual new heroes banner for the next month.