Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

15 minutes ago, r_n said:

Yeah my suggestion was mostly a joke poking fun at Bruno being awol for months only to suddenly come out of nowhere as a legendary hero and not even using his actual signature tome.

And yeah Fates has a Dragon Gate. It takes the place of the Outrealm Portal/Gate that Awakening had.

They could make Zacharias be a lance-wielding legendary hero even though that would probably piss off a lot of people since he's just Bruno's alias. If Bruno ever becomes playable as Zacharias, I hope he has a lance, generic or personal, with Lancebreaker EX as its effect. It would make for a good reference him being a skilled lance user and Sharena's teacher. Also, it would for some double -breaker shenanigans like default Setsuna has with Assassin's Bow (Daggerbreaker EX) and Colorless Bowbreaker 3. Regular Lancebreaker as a B passive works too, but I'd like to see more weapons with -breaker skills.

Now that I think about it, did Heroes ever use Awakening's Outrealm Portal as a plot point in its story? Not sure if M!Grima's Tempest Trials counts. I don't think they did with Fates's Dragon Gate, but Elibe's was mentioned by Bruno as something that opens to other worlds and that someone could have used it look into other worlds even though I think it only opened up to Nils and Ninian's home.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

They could make Zacharias be a lance-wielding legendary hero even though that would probably piss off a lot of people since he's just Bruno's alias. If Bruno ever becomes playable as Zacharias, I hope he has a lance, generic or personal, with Lancebreaker EX as its effect. It would make for a good reference him being a skilled lance user and Sharena's teacher. Also, it would for some double -breaker shenanigans like default Setsuna has with Assassin's Bow (Daggerbreaker EX) and Colorless Bowbreaker 3. Regular Lancebreaker as a B passive works too, but I'd like to see more weapons with -breaker skills.

Now that I think about it, did Heroes ever use Awakening's Outrealm Portal as a plot point in its story? Not sure if M!Grima's Tempest Trials counts. I don't think they did with Fates's Dragon Gate, but Elibe's was mentioned by Bruno as something that opens to other worlds and that someone could have used it look into other worlds even though I think it only opened up to Nils and Ninian's home.

I am a bit surprised they've never tried another weapon, even just a personal one, with in-built breaker properties. AT least, I'm pretty sure Assassin's Bow is the only one. 

I don't think the other gates, beyond mention of Elibe's Dragon Gate, have been mentioned or used in Heroes' story. The tempest's mishmash are usually from the actual tempest causing things to go haywire and otherwise the only gates mentioned are the ones askr/embla open/close

9 minutes ago, r_n said:

I am a bit surprised they've never tried another weapon, even just a personal one, with in-built breaker properties. AT least, I'm pretty sure Assassin's Bow is the only one.

It is and is also the only instance of a -breaker not having a health requirement other than being being alive. The only thing I can think of other than them introducing a lot of units with legendary/personal weapons and seasonal units with unique weapons which would limit how many regular weapons would appear, is that they might think it's too powerful. By default, Setsuna guarantees and prevents follow-ups from colorless archers and dagger units. It might not be all that useful, but the idea is pretty powerful. That said unique refined Siegmund and Flame Siegmund can guarantee follow-ups on all units for Ephraim if you meet their requirements and armors have Bold Fighter which also does not have a health requirement and gives +1 special charge. They don't prevent follow-ups, but they're powerful nevertheless. Same deal with Quick Riposte and Vengeful Fighter for enemy phase units who can shrug off damage. Desperation lets you avoid follow-ups if the unit can ORKO and has high enough speed or has Brash Assault active. And there's also stuff like Wrath with Wo Dao effect weapons for melee infantry and armor units or high attack -blade mages, unique refined Forblaze Lilina, and the usual Brave users who just do so much damage that follow-ups aren't necessary.

I don't think it'll be Marth, on account of him getting his first alt just days before the legendary hero will release.

I'm guessing Roy. Depends on element, though: I'm guessing Fire, which would probably be Roy, but if it's Water, Corrin would fit. Alm could also be possible for some element, but he seems more likely to be Earth than either of the two likely ones.

The red legendary hero I am hoping for is M!Corrin as a red dragon because I want another red dragon and I have always been annoyed that M!Corrin does not have a dragon form while F!Corrin does.  I agree that the new hero will be a fire hero so Corrin is not likely, so Roy or Lucina are my guesses.

I'm gone for a few days and the bride banner's thread is already closed even before its release because people can't keep their mouths shut. I'm not sure if I'm surprised or extremely not surprised.

@silveraura25 @SatsumaFSoysoy

I was half expecting to get like 50 more notifications, but three will do. I was at Anime Central over in Chicago for the weekend and wasn't going to pull out my laptop or phone browser to check the forums (because there are more pressing issues to deal with when at a convention).

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm going at least try to +10 Ninian, but most of that'll have to wait until next month because a big chunk of this month's budget ended up at ACen. On a side note, I found the Echoes and two Tellius art/reference books at the Kinokuniya booth and snagged all three of them.

As for some quick comments about the banner because some people seem to intentionally step on obvious landmines:

• Ninian's art is okay, but not stellar. I think it's mostly due to Enkyo Yuuichirou's liberal use of highly saturated colors and lack of contrast that also bugs me with Halloween Nowi's art. That said, Ninian isn't really known for having more than one color on her color palette, so that might be excusable.
  • But flying dancer bride Ninian.
  • And her kit's pretty solid for dancer.
  • Sanaki is cute.
  • Tharja has by far the best art of this banner. The color usage and contrast between the different elements is just absolutely spot on. I will try to get a few merge levels on her.
  • Literal nuke for a spell animation is icing on the cake.

Not really fond of Marth's artwork. While it does show values which give depth, as well as nice contrast of blue and white, his tiny eyes make him look like a kid. Though thank Kowi Techmo for giving an idea for alt of Marth. Maybe will get a groom banner soon.

Spoiler

7385B3E2-F4D6-49D1-A2C6-65D63E097289.jpeg.becd62a3b3607e6f3b290da47c400d02.jpeg

Now, just who might this person be?? Didn’t see them on the banner. Hmmmmm

EDIT: Nm I’m dumb. I’m really, really dumb. XD

Edited by SilvertheShadow

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm gone for a few days and the bride banner's thread is already closed even before its release because people can't keep their mouths shut. I'm not sure if I'm surprised or extremely not surprised.

@silveraura25 @SatsumaFSoysoy

I was half expecting to get like 50 more notifications, but three will do. I was at Anime Central over in Chicago for the weekend and wasn't going to pull out my laptop or phone browser to check the forums (because there are more pressing issues to deal with when at a convention).

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm going at least try to +10 Ninian, but most of that'll have to wait until next month because a big chunk of this month's budget ended up at ACen. On a side note, I found the Echoes and two Tellius art/reference books at the Kinokuniya booth and snagged all three of them.

As for some quick comments about the banner because some people seem to intentionally step on obvious landmines:

• Ninian's art is okay, but not stellar. I think it's mostly due to Enkyo Yuuichirou's liberal use of highly saturated colors and lack of contrast that also bugs me with Halloween Nowi's art. That said, Ninian isn't really known for having more than one color on her color palette, so that might be excusable.
  • But flying dancer bride Ninian.
  • And her kit's pretty solid for dancer.
  • Sanaki is cute.
  • Tharja has by far the best art of this banner. The color usage and contrast between the different elements is just absolutely spot on. I will try to get a few merge levels on her.
  • Literal nuke for a spell animation is icing on the cake.

Yeah, I didn't like Ninian's art that much, and I thought Tharja's was the best. Good luck with the +10 Ninian though!

How much did those books cost?