Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Ares dropped...

WHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT?!?! 

You just couldn't let Sword Valor be in the *4 pool could you??... or Safeguard. They would rather let a Brazen skill slip into the general pool than to demote Lene. I really thought she would be the one to drop. I'm genuinely shocked. Oh well. Brazen ATK/DEF leaves me hopeful that the ATK/SPD variant will eventually find it's way and also that means more units get a bit more versatility in their builds. Like Lyn for one.

On another note i'm lowkey pissed off. Seal DEF/RES is in the *4 pool now and Seal ATK/SPD is still tied to only one unit in the entire game and it's an old seasonal one.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Realise that no one's really interested in GC with the new unit discussion, ended up 13:14:3, with me being the 13. That's as good as I've gotten in any GC battle so that's fine by me. I didn't contribute much in the final round because by the time I checked, all the nodes were either already effectively secured or effectively lost. I'll carry 8 lances forward to the next round, which in addition to the quest ones and the few final tier ones should carry me safely enough to tier 25.

By way of comparison, I just mindlessly autobattled away every single lance I had on my second account, and got to tier 22, so there's a decent chance that even that account might hit tier 25.

I can promote someone to 5-star now but for the first time in a long time, I have no clear candidate. Might sit on the feathers until the legendary/CYL banner I guess.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

How does that follow though? The equivalent would be demoting Horse Chrom to 4* because Lucina can learn Sealed Falchion, there's no real logic to it.

Ares has +3 BST on Eldigan, which distributed almost optimally in comparison. -5 HP, +4 Atk, +6 Spd, -1 Def, -1 Res. My +Spd -Atk Eldigan with 29 Atk and 28 Spd is looking very sad these days. I wouldn't have complained if Eldigan was dropped instead, but this is better.

not really Chrom (Knight exalt) has different movement then normal Chrom, while Ares and Eldigan have the same movement class. Chrom is the first Horse user with an effectiv against Dragons weapon, this is the reason why he didnt drop, it gives him a niche.

Eldigan would have gotten the refine anyway so the only niche Ares would have had after the refine was some different stat distribution and higher BST.

At least thats how i see it

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

In related news, The Catalogue of Heroes confirms Bridal Sanaki is the Path of Radiance version.

Her eyes are larger than her vanilla edition. In the anime world, it’s a clear giveaway.

So Ares got demoted? Strange, since he's so OP. I feel kind of sorry for PM1. I wonder why Lene wasn't demoted, since she's a more expensive Olivia. Why is every other dancer other than Olivia 5-star exclusive?

27 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Same, I'm really happy about this!

Uh oh, Bridal Bloom quests last for a month, presumably until the next seasonal banner. Paralogue quests and story chapter quests have never overlapped to my knowledge, so that must mean no new story chapter for June. There is a New Heroes banner slated for June however. Are we agreed that that's CYL2?

Your knowledge is incomplete. These Lunatic quests have always run alongside their banner, so the first overlap between Paralogue and Main Story quests was Ylissean Summer and B1C12 (well, I think that those quests were around back then. It's definitely been happening a lot with Book 2, though).

Wow, totally predicted Lene wasn't getting demoted because of the quality of her art and waifu status. I don't know why people are acting so surprised when they constantly accuse IS of pandering to waifu lovers.

15 minutes ago, Hilda said:

not really Chrom (Knight exalt) has different movement then normal Chrom, while Ares and Eldigan have the same movement class. Chrom is the first Horse user with an effectiv against Dragons weapon, this is the reason why he didnt drop, it gives him a niche.

Eldigan would have gotten the refine anyway so the only niche Ares would have had after the refine was some different stat distribution and higher BST.

At least thats how i see it

Mathilda was the first Lance to have an effective against Horses weapon, as well as a new skill, and she dropped.

Meanwhile Gray, who was in the same banner and got the first Horse Effective Sword, didn't drop. In fairness he did also have two new skills, one of them being a Valor skill, but still.

Similarly, Leon had the Slaying Bow, as well as a new skill in Guard, and he dropped.

Saber had the Slaying Sword, same weapon, as well as a new skill in Shield Pulse. He didn't drop.

Plus, almost every unit who has dropped to the 4* pool after the first few new unit banners have NEVER had a Personal Weapon (Soleil, Oliver, Shigure), and if they did they were one of, if not the, only unit who only had the standard 1 assist/special and 2 passive skills (Sothe, L'arachel, Male Morgan). In every case, the dropped unit introduced a formerly 5* or seasonal exclusive skill to the 4* pool, making them easier to get. L'arachel, as far as I can tell, is the only exception I can find.

As of now, Ares has completely broken the pattern.

Edited by Xenomata

4 minutes ago, thanny said:

Wow, totally predicted Lene wasn't getting demoted because of the quality of her art and waifu status. I don't know why people are acting so surprised when they constantly accuse IS of pandering to waifu lovers.

Because Ares is insanely good.

Somewhere in the back of my head, I was wondering if they would demote Lene because she's a dancer. Dancers don't offer much in arena scoring, but what they offer in versatility and support is amazing. At least, on the side of PvE content where they probably don't want you to be able to cheese maps because you can easily access all sort of dancers, especially for Squad Assault since you can't use the same unit twice or something like the movement type GHB quests where having a flying dancer and eventually in the future, a cavalry dancer, would be really helpful.

Olivia is the only 3* to 4* summonable dancer and she's a launch and free unit. Everyone else, regular Azura, regular Ninian, the four Performing Arts dancers and singers, New Year's Azura, Lene, and bride Ninian, are all 5*-locked with 6 of them being seasonal units. I have a feeling that they are intending this for all dancers that will be introduced in the future or at least until they get to the bottom of the barrel which to me only seems to be Phina since she can use swords, but she doesn't have a particular sword associated with her unlike Laylea, Lene, and Sylvia. Everyone else has something unique like Nils being a manakete and the Heron Laguz all being fliers or are a blank slate for what weapon they could use like Elfinn, Larum, and Tethys. It does seem a bit asinine, though, since they would be forcing themselves to demote powerful units at times like Ares just so they can keep a dancer as a 5* summon. We'll just have to see when the next regular dancer is introduced.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

[Phina] doesn't have a particular sword associated with her unlike Laylea, Lene, and Sylvia. 

Heroes has a chance to correct the one thing New Mystery did wrong and give Phina her rapier back.

I wanted both Ares and Lene more than I wanted Ishtar so the demotion candidates were a win-win for me, nice to be in that situation.

I wonder if they'll ever do a banner with multiple dancers again.

@Kaden Most of the units in Heroes from Shadow Dragon and MotE, who don't have a specific weapon associated to them, simply use Brave weaponry.

The only exception seems to be Tiki, who still doesn't have her Divine Stone...

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

@Kaden Most of the units in Heroes from Shadow Dragon and MotE, who don't have a specific weapon associated to them, simply use Brave weaponry.

Phina had a rapier in Mystery which was treacherously taken away from her in New Mystery. Now that we have personal double-effective weapons, we can start getting generic weaker double-effectives. Or even give her a personal Noble Rapier for all that I care. I just want a rapier in the game.

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Heroes has a chance to correct the one thing New Mystery did wrong and give Phina her rapier back.

And they'll give her Armorsmasher instead. 50% is a passing grade in some places. :p

Anyway, with Ares being demoted, if Leif had been demoted, Heroes could have had the sons of Eldigan, Quan, and Sigurd all be available as 4* to 5* summons or in Seliph's case after the summoning pool change, 3* to 4* summon. What a nice what could have been. Cue Bragi Sword Leif making that come true.

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

The only exception seems to be Tiki, who still doesn't have her Divine Stone...

I meant more like how Phina not having something special associated with her could possibly let her be demoted unlike the other dancers who have a weapon or unique trait associated with them or blank slates that they can fill in like I doubt they would give us a 4*-5* summonable Lara if she were a dagger dancer or Elffin if he were a mage dancer. That being said, a dancer whose default weapon is a Brave Sword would be pretty funny. Cue Phina showing up with 35/35 offenses, L&D3, and Odd Attack Wave. 36 HP, 35 Atk, 35 Spd, 22 Def, and 22 Res sword dancer go! She'd be Hana, but with dancer BST.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

And they'll give her Armorsmasher instead. 50% is a passing grade in some places. :p

Anyway, with Ares being demoted, if Leif had been demoted, Heroes could have had the sons of Eldigan, Quan, and Sigurd all be available as 4* to 5* summons or in Seliph's case after the summoning pool change, 3* to 4* summon. What a nice what could have been. Cue Bragi Sword Leif making that come true.

I meant more like how Phina not having something special associated with her could possibly let her be demoted unlike the other dancers who have a weapon or unique trait associated with them or blank slates that they can fill in like I doubt they would give us a 4*-5* summonable Lara if she were a dagger dancer or Elffin if he were a mage dancer. That being said, a dancer whose default weapon is a Brave Sword would be pretty funny. Cue Phina showing up with 35/35 offenses, L&D3, and Odd Attack Wave. 36 HP, 35 Atk, 35 Spd, 22 Def, and 22 Res sword dancer go! She'd be Hana, but with dancer BST.

Im really surprised Leif didnt drop as much as i dislike the thought of it

I mean yeah hes actually really good(23 MT weapon and toprate stats) but.... well, Soleil

Granted Leif in FE4 really feels more like Lachesis x Ethlyn lesbian lovechild so we can still have 4* Altenna!

I just wanna' know who Sharena's trying to help. Like c'mon... I live for this kind of thing. 

Also Marth is precious. I like that his art kind of feels like an homage to his older designs. 

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Eh, maybe a chance to get Zanbato.

Ah, my bad. But a Dancer with a Brave Sword, heh... that'll be the day.

Yep, that could never happen, but oh if only it would! *hint hint*

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I just wanna' know who Sharena's trying to help. Like c'mon... I live for this kind of thing. 

Also Marth is precious. I like that his art kind of feels like an homage to his older designs. 

I think it's Caeda