Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Have any decent unattached Eliwoods, Hectors, or even Florinas to spare? Call it a friends with benefits situation until Mr. Right finds their way to Lyn, then the liaison will end.

Ummm....my Eliwoods are both paired with Ninians, Hector is married to two, B!Lyn is with her hypothetical B!son and I don't particularly care for Florina in Heroes. Her art makes me cringe.

In other news, got 0 reds my first three summoning cycles, so Fjorm decided to appear on my second pull. Then sniped just reds as they appeared for another 60 or so orbs when, finally!

img%5D

+Spd/-Res. I should just give him LnD3/Desperation for more ridiculous shenanigans. Flashing Blade seal when?

Edit: decided to finish out the session. Pulled a second Lyoma right after this one that's +Res/-Atk, Morgan, then another Fjorm. I'm literally swimming here. Spent 30 orbs after this and finally got a decent +Atk/-HP Y!Tiki. 132 orbs well spent.

Edited by silverserpent

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

44 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Flashing Blade seal when?

You will be pleased to hear that the Flashing Blade skill is NOT available to Fliers or Cavalry.

I tried to find out the hard way... yeah.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

You will be pleased to hear that the Flashing Blade skill is NOT available to Fliers or Cavalry.

Aww...I guess I'll have to deal with just giving him Flier Formation seal, then. Just rekitted him by throwing on DD3 and Goad Fliers while giving him to Camilla's tender mercies. She'll give him +7 Atk/Spd on top of support bonuses. It's ridiculous ?

53 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

So...

June:: Ike, Ephraim, Grima, new green? 

July: Lyn, Ryoma, new blue? 

August: Fjorm and Gunnthra, red and colorless are ??

Colorless need more good units smh 

So many Colorless Units are from the launch hell of bad characters. Such a Shame.

1 hour ago, DraceEmpressa said:

So...

June:: Ike, Ephraim, Grima, new green? 

July: Lyn, Ryoma, new blue? 

August: Fjorm and Gunnthra, red and colorless are ??

Colorless need more good units smh 

Probably rerun Ike again in August and run a new Colorless. At that point, it might be Ylgr. Or Loki. Or another bow/dagger/dragon/staff they want. Although, judging by the pattern, our next Legendary is going to be Fire with a Res boost. 

Edited by silverserpent

I'm guessing the next legendary will be Tiki. She'd be a good candidate for a green Fire legendary, and while +Res isn't necessarily the most fitting for her, it's at least as appropriate as other bonuses so far like Lyn and Ryoma. Also, it's significant that the original Tikis are getting a legendary weapon now, since that means they can get the option of refining it into its legendary counterpart, like with Ephraim and presumably Lyn.

As for the blue one in July, I think Alm could be a good candidate. He's one of the remaining lords who stands out as lacking an alt, and probably the most prominent one because of SOV. He'd make a suitable blue bow user, probably infantry with Earth element. If he's Earth, it'll pretty much railroad him into being +Def, since Earth +Atk/+Spd are already covered and two +Res heroes in a row would be really strange. (Assuming the June one really is +Res.)

Green fire res. It doesn't have to be an stat which the unit excels at. I mean, look at Fjorm and Ryoma for example. As for who it'll be. I'm no Camilla fan, but my money is on her. Hector's CYL version could possibly come out next week so I'm unsure if it's Hector this time. Another candidate would be Julia, but she isn't that popular. This is a stretch as I don't think the character is that important in the story she appears in, but maybe Nino. She has the fire affinity

Edited by silveraura25

10 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Wait, what?? 

Aww no, I was waiting for that seal for my GF shenanigans. :-(

That doesn't make sense, Heavy Blade doesn't have that restriction and the only two units that have a prf with inbuilt Flashing Blade are Fliers

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

…the only two units that have a prf with inbuilt Flashing Blade are Fliers

Which is exactly why they gave Caeda and Clair’s weapons Flashing blade. Because they can’t get it normally.

I think considering they are doing their 3rd green, while colorless still only has one plus green being the one we got last month seems to indicate that it will be Veronica.  

36 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Which is exactly why they gave Caeda and Clair’s weapons Flashing blade. Because they can’t get it normally.

Following this logic, the next refined prf of a Cav unit gets Bold Fighter or Steady Breath? 

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In addition to what @Vaximillian said, Ayra's Blade says hi.

I forgot about her, true. 

But Flashing Blade seems to Heavy Blade what Darting Blow is to Death Blow. Why should they have different restrictions? 

Also Warding and Steady Breath have got the same restrictions for example. 

19 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I think considering they are doing their 3rd green, while colorless still only has one plus green being the one we got last month seems to indicate that it will be Veronica.  

Assuming they're releasing elements and stats evenly (i.e. they won't release a third Hero of a given element or stat until each element and stat has two representatives), the next Legendary Hero will be fire and Res.

Veronica doesn't really give off a fire vibe to me, and her weapon is named for a set of rivers.

Hector would fit green and fire, but Res feels like a very odd stat for him to buff (I'd expect Atk, Def, or even Spd before Res).

Book 2 Tiki is who I'd think would be most likely, even if it means we'd be getting yet another green breath unit. (But I wouldn't mind TMS Tiki.) Any of the other divine dragons (Nagi, Naga, Mila) could also work, as potentially could any of the final boss dragons.

The only other notable axe users I can think of are enemies, though Grima shows that they aren't off the table as Legendary Heroes. The only remaining notable wind tome users are Levn and Sety, though Julia and Deirdre are potential candidates (though I'd actually peg them as candidates for blue as well).

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

But Flashing Blade seems to Heavy Blade what Darting Blow is to Death Blow. Why should they have different restrictions? 

Probably because they realized it would be somewhat broken considering the best Firesweep, Brave, and Galeforce users in the game are fliers.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Probably because they realized it would be somewhat broken considering the best Firesweep, Brave, and Galeforce users in the game are fliers.

Is it easier to stack SPD than to stack ATK with Brave/Firesweep and occupied A-Slot? If not, this restriction would be more annoying (for me) than effective for what IS wanted to archive/prevent. 

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Is it easier to stack SPD than to stack ATK with Brave/Firesweep and occupied A-Slot? If not, this restriction would be more annoying (for me) than effective for what IS wanted to archive/prevent. 

Allowing Flashing Blade to be usable by fliers at all means that they cannot release a Flashing Blade Sacred Seal without making it also available to fliers. And I'd rather have a Flashing Blade Sacred Seal that cannot be used by fliers than not having it released at all.

Furthermore, fliers are the movement type with the easiest access to Spd buffs, and the top-tier fliers also have top-tier Spd stats. Goad Cavalry isn't really a thing because of it's sparse distribution and cavalry's large movement range, but Goad Fliers and the recently added Camilla's Axe are easy to keep stacked in practice, and even running at least one copy of Hone Fliers doesn't seem too uncommon.

The actual Flashing Blade skill (i.e. not counting Ayra's Blade's effect) was released in November with Mia, and the Heavy Blade Sacred Seal was released a month later in the December Tempest Trials, so it's likely that a Flashing Blade Sacred Seal's hypothetical existence factored into its inheritance restrictions during planning and design.

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Allowing Flashing Blade to be usable by fliers at all means that they cannot release a Flashing Blade Sacred Seal without making it also available to fliers. And I'd rather have a Flashing Blade Sacred Seal that cannot be used by fliers than not having it released at all.

Since most of my heavily used units are Fliers, I'd just like to get another way to proc their specials faster (my Ike count is still at 1). 

Even if the seal never gets released, a way to inherit flashing blade (or a new similar skill) to Fliers would be great. 

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Furthermore, fliers are the movement type with the easiest access to Spd buffs, and the top-tier fliers also have top-tier Spd stats. Goad Cavalry isn't really a thing because of it's sparse distribution and cavalry's large movement range, but Goad Fliers and the recently added Camilla's Axe are easy to keep stacked in practice, and even running at least one copy of Hone Fliers doesn't seem too uncommon.

While I admit Goads are more used on Fliers than on other movement types, I don't think it makes Fliers as oppressive as Cavs have been some months ago for example. 

Flashing Blade for Fliers would neither change the "meta" in arena, nor would it make PvE content much easier for Fliers than it is already, don't you think?

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Assuming they're releasing elements and stats evenly (i.e. they won't release a third Hero of a given element or stat until each element and stat has two representatives), the next Legendary Hero will be fire and Res.

Veronica doesn't really give off a fire vibe to me, and her weapon is named for a set of rivers.

Hector would fit green and fire, but Res feels like a very odd stat for him to buff (I'd expect Atk, Def, or even Spd before Res).

Book 2 Tiki is who I'd think would be most likely, even if it means we'd be getting yet another green breath unit. (But I wouldn't mind TMS Tiki.) Any of the other divine dragons (Nagi, Naga, Mila) could also work, as potentially could any of the final boss dragons.

The only other notable axe users I can think of are enemies, though Grima shows that they aren't off the table as Legendary Heroes. The only remaining notable wind tome users are Levn and Sety, though Julia and Deirdre are potential candidates (though I'd actually peg them as candidates for blue as well).

Elivagar, rivers would seem to point towards water as an element.  Then again they are toxin/poison, and home to Nidhogg and all manner of serpents, that doesn't indicate fire element but green color maybe?  Res buff also seems to make sense for Veronica.  

Hector fits green and fire, I don't know if people would be cool with another Axe Hector though.  I mean since they are going promoted lords, he would be Axe armor with another version of Armads.  Also they released Lyn already, I think maybe they'll try to hit the other games before repeating ones.

All the other choices seem very plausible.  I just find it strange that we are going to be getting 3 green legendary heroes before we get our 2nd colorless.  Particularly since colorless has the least variety in terms of choices for the other units.  They are already repeating.  

18 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I am hoping the new banner on June 10 doesn't have Rath on it, I will not have enough orbs to get him if he is.

I've used up all my orbs in the hopes that that will finally call Kent into existence. If it does, I will spend if I need to xD 

I would be happy with Rath to come in, as well. It still grates on me that the only two horse cavaliers are both non-canon ones while they're firmly ignoring canon ones (especially since Rath and Wolf are amongst my favourites, plus Python could be one, too, and I really like Shin). 

9 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I would be happy with Rath to come in, as well. It still grates on me that the only two horse cavaliers are both non-canon ones while they're firmly ignoring canon ones (especially since Rath and Wolf are amongst my favourites, plus Python could be one, too, and I really like Shin). 

You aren't the only one! I'd take any of them (including Astrid as a shoutout to her, her PoR self was good, RD... wasn't but actually does have a few good non-Mak convos), just don't force me to use Bryndis or Voy. And if Geoffrey as a Finn clone is boring, he can use a Bow in both games you know.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

You aren't the only one! I'd take any of them (including Astrid as a shoutout to her, her PoR self was good, RD... wasn't but actually does have a few good non-Mak convos), just don't force me to use Bryndis or Voy. And if Geoffrey as a Finn clone is boring, he can use a Bow in both games you know.

I've said Geoffrey as a bow knight before, as I always think of him as a bow knight in my head, but people keep insisting he's all about the brave lance or something (I haven't played in a long time, but I always remember using him more for his bow in PoR and more for a lance in RD and don't recall any specific lance).  Really wouldn't object to Bow Knight Geoffrey. He's my favourite Tellius character, and I'm still miffed he wasn't introduced with Elincia, since that was the perfect time (him and Lucia, on the banner labelled Dauntless Crimeans for heaven's sake! I always thought those were the first characters anyone though of when it came to Crimea, but that might just be me 'cos I like them so much).