Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

Well, here's a theory, what if it isn't Surtr that dies?

So what happens then? We're introduced to a new character who is a king who then dies right away? From the people who brought you whats-her-name in Fates....

Or does somebody die who then Surtr suddenly bursts into tears over?

Or does Surtr reveal he just the incarnation of the hatred of some bad dude from before him, and then summons said bad dude as a giant worm?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So what happens then? We're introduced to a new character who is a king who then dies right away?

There already is a character who is a king whom we haven’t seen on-screen yet. Come on, Observer, you can do better than that.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

There already is a character who is a king whom we haven’t seen on-screen yet. Come on, Observer, you can do better than that.

I'm aware of that. The guy Ice Dragon said long ago should be using twin pillars of ice as daggers as a legendary hero, and sired or so we think Born to Be Blue and the Blonde Who?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm aware of that. The guy Ice Dragon said long ago should be using twin pillars of ice as daggers as a legendary hero, and sired or so we think Born to Be Blue and the Blonde Who?

Exactly. He must finally succumb to the standard curse of being a relative to an important acting figure in a standard Fire Emblem plot, which this Fire Emblem plot very much is. He’s long overdue.

Yeah, won't be Surtr. Gustav had a good run, though, truly a fleshed-out character. Remember that time when Alfonse mentioned him and said he had some differences on how to handle the situation? Man, quite the arc there, even better than Gunnthra's development. After that, there isn't much more to accomplish with him, so I guess a dramatic death with red flashes would be a fitting end. He shall be forever remembered.

Seriously, though, this chapters title worries me a lot.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

1 minute ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Yeah, won't be Surtr. Gustav had a good run, though, truly fleshed-out character. Remember that time where Alfonse mentioned him and said he had some differences on how to handle the situation? Man, quite the arc there, even better than Gunnthra's development. After that, there isn't much more to accomplish with him, so I guess a dramatic death with red flashes would be a fitting end. He shall be forever remembered.

I'm in a comical mood and this suits me well. Thank you.

Of protagonist parent/relative deaths in FE, well Marth's losses are too much in the background and unfelt. Sigurd you can feel, but I haven't played his game and what does Seliph really feel of the loss? Same for Leif and his mom and dad. Fado exists for two seconds, less than Emm and Himiko (I still can't recall her name). Elbert though was well done, although it is strange that Nergal could have opened the Dragon's Gate by just offering up his quintessence and didn't need the Civil War in Lycia he sought after all- he could have kept HEL from mucking up his plans had he done that. Points for Elbert for temporarily crippling Nergal post-drain with a pocket knife though. Greil's death was also well-done, cool battle scene, plenty of screentime beforehand and still plenty of relevance postmortem.

I saw someone point out that there's a parallel to a Black Fang banner appearing with Surtr's (supposed) downfall and Zephiel.

It's also possible the four upcoming maps will be of the Four Fangs, though that has probably been mentioned already. Didn't hit me until later though.

I feel Lucina's loss was portrayed quite well. At least, when she finally opens up about who she is. I think Awakening did that pretty well as a whole, personally - their uncertainty about their outrealm parents, etc.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So what happens then? We're introduced to a new character who is a king who then dies right away? From the people who brought you whats-her-name in Fates....

Or does somebody die who then Surtr suddenly bursts into tears over?

Or does Surtr reveal he just the incarnation of the hatred of some bad dude from before him, and then summons said bad dude as a giant worm?

You guys are California Dreaming, Book III is going to be LOKI EMBLEM.

12 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

@silveraura25

Screenshot_20180605-141048.png

My fourth opened stone.

My second opened stone was Olwen#2.

Woohoo, cool. I'm happy for you - congratulations! 

Good luck getting Julia as well. 

(Don't be mad at Olgreen, she is also one of the cooler green mages)

@SatsumaFSoysoy A bit late but grats! You're really close on that Kagero. I'm still stuck at +7 on Matthew. Have been for the longest. Meanwhile the Setsunas, Virions, Saizos, Gaiuses, Azamas, Clarines, Sakuras and Serras continue to flood in. Actually... just about everything except Matthew, Kagero, Klein and Sothe. The only colorless units I actually want to pull.

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Woohoo, cool. I'm happy for you - congratulations! 

Good luck getting Julia as well. 

(Don't be mad at Olgreen, she is also one of the cooler green mages)

Thank you, thank you!

Hopefully I will be successful. 4.5% already, and barely any orbs…

Hey, I’m not mad at her at all. She completed my Thracia representation.

On 6/4/2018 at 10:52 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Perhaps the issue is buffing their weapons would likely call for a story reason for the buff, which would require them hyping it up. And maybe they don't want to pull out a power level boost too early in what will be a plot that will take years to come to complete? Since if you do it once and need to do it again later, the second time loses impact? It's not real big issue though, and they don't actually have to explain it in plot, assuming they don't really care about it. Maybe you could preserve the drama by including a non-plot mentioned "simple" upgrade- so Folkvangr into Folkvangr Custom/*Insert Norse word for some noun or adjective* Folkvangr. And then later in the plot, Folkvangr is destroyed/rendered null, and Alfonse is forced to obtain the "Orzel Bialy", a more powerful distinctly-anti problematic baddie sword (or they can give it to us as a Bow/Dagger/Staff/Tome and go Legendary with Fonsy, perhaps a story chapter that ends with you picking one free member of the trio of Legendary Askrians), to replace it.

Didn't notice the reply until now, but why would they need a reason for a refinement (which is what I'm talking about anyway, not an "evolution" ala the armads), though. It's not like their legendary weapons are ever referenced in-game to begin with, (Alfonse references his in one base quote and not even by name)  since despite being in their artwork there is no guarantee they'll even have them since you have to upgrade to them

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm in a comical mood and this suits me well. Thank you.

Of protagonist parent/relative deaths in FE, well Marth's losses are too much in the background and unfelt. Sigurd you can feel, but I haven't played his game and what does Seliph really feel of the loss? Same for Leif and his mom and dad. Fado exists for two seconds, less than Emm and Himiko (I still can't recall her name). Elbert though was well done, although it is strange that Nergal could have opened the Dragon's Gate by just offering up his quintessence and didn't need the Civil War in Lycia he sought after all- he could have kept HEL from mucking up his plans had he done that. Points for Elbert for temporarily crippling Nergal post-drain with a pocket knife though. Greil's death was also well-done, cool battle scene, plenty of screentime beforehand and still plenty of relevance postmortem.

Marth basically had his parent arc from Hardin funny enough. That and Shadow Dragon adds a cool one which is where the i am a prince before i am a son or brother thing comes from

Sigurd is actually the one that barely exists since it happen so late to the game and amounts to nothing. Seliph is generally overwhelmed by Sigurds reputation only for Lewyn to subtly says "nahhh your dad isnt THAT great" while praising both of them 

Leif is interesting because youd think it was Quan and Ethlyn. Nope, for all intent and purpose Leif narrative parent is Eyvel. Quan is basically that "cool guy who hes supposed to live up to" that Leif knows but never really understand. All Leif really knows is 90% of the people he knows telling him Quan is a good guy with a glorious dream but he should never follow in his footstep.

Eyvel loss was actually the impetus for Leif to make his move to liberate Thracia crystalizing his hat, and its really the viewpoint shown by August followed by a counterpart in Dorias that become his basis of action. Even Ethlyn is relatively forgotten, you get Leif reciting a story about how romantic and lowey dovey Ethlyn and Quan relationship are and thats about it. He arguably views Lachesis as his mother and Finn as his father just as much as Ethlyn and Quan, which is why Nanna x Leif always had such an incestuous undertones

A good deal of why that is the case is Leifs (inconsistent age aside) being too young to remember them mind, but Quan is practically treated as Jugdrals greatest idiot anyway so its not a big loss

And as i joked before the Eyvel, Leif, Raydrick, Finn dynamic was what they used to create Greil, Ike, Black Knight, and Titania

45 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Three orbs from daily login.

I guess it's time to do three promotions and replay the story with these guys: 

Y5FcmhW.png

Also, when do we get infernal difficulty of this map?

DUfjlE4.png

5 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

And as i joked before the Eyvel, Leif, Raydrick, Finn dynamic was what they used to create Greil, Ike, Black Knight, and Titania

I've actually noticed the parallels between Titania and Eyvel, and the way Thracia starts and how PoR start. Neither game gives you the "traditional" starting roster that is heavy on a kingdom's knights, both are rather ragtag, with Thracia having the more untraditional unit composition of the two, but the setup of a mercenary band being less traditional than Leif the runaway prince and the few who will shelter him (that was also Marth's and Seliph's starting stories).

Thanks for the insight into Leif's less traditional parental loss setup, and reminding me of that Marth prince-son line. Although the Hardin loss of Marth is, depending on how dependent you think he was on Hardin in the War of the Shadows, more the loss of a dear friend, still counts though, since Emm must certainly count in Awakening.

5 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

A good deal of why that is the case is Leifs (inconsistent age aside) being too young to remember them mind, but Quan is practically treated as Jugdrals greatest idiot anyway so its not a big loss

If I ever get to play Genealogy in some form, I might end up agreeing with this. Why? I'm not the biggest fan of Tibarn- I like his appearance, that is awesome, but his character while not bad, is not so appealing to me as it is to others. I prefer Naesala. I bring this up since while Crimea and Daein inherited the landscapes of Manster District and Thracia Kingdom (although Crimea is apparently only averagely fertile), the politics and leadership certainly passed on to Phoenicis and Kilvas. If I'm not in love with Quan 2.0, then Quan 1.0 shouldn't evoke purest fondness from me either I would expect. Although I will come in open to all and not judge until Ethlyn is flayed upon the sands of Yied.

20 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I feel Lucina's loss was portrayed quite well. At least, when she finally opens up about who she is. I think Awakening did that pretty well as a whole, personally - their uncertainty about their outrealm parents, etc.

Forgot people sometimes view her a main character at the same pedestal of Chrom and Robin, since I tend not to (blame it on the do-nothing kids she is supposed to lead dragging her down) even though she is. Her "I'm your future daughter" reveal is the most touching moment and the very pinnacle of Awakening's writing for me, after that it's a landslide, but there it is for the briefest moment, moving.