Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

Holy shit, that guy's gonna be a monster when you finish +10'ing him. Go for it if you can.

Sadly i basically blew up every ounce of my free orb supply

I WAS going to whale for this banner, but the combination of kinda eh rates(from experience) and how "relatively expensive" FEH Orbs are in time vs spending basis puts me off from that. So yeah, back to hoarding feather and orbs o'clock. I have 1 character almost at +10 and plan to build 1-2 character who already have 11 copy in stock to do it so might as well do it to fill in the blanks

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

What a monster ... and I didn't get even one copy of him. 

Cool stuff, congratulations! 

This got even better in combat since i pair him with Marth. Adjacent he got 7/4/7/4. Its somewhat part of why i want a neutral nature or at least neutral speed ones to cover up the doubling thereshold for him. Sadly still somewhat vulnerable to Brave Lyn(no Distant Counter for me + Horse match up with Infantry with no Repos and 1Mov Hardin) and Green mages. Fjorm season with the current way Arena works is kinda amazing since i could use Fjorm to soft check Reinhardt, Gunnthra, and Cecilia but i need extra work for the rest

The prime choice for Arena core is funny enough A!Tiki and Fae, who both covers up BLyn, while A Tiki acts as a check for Hardin's counter, while Fae is a well rounded pick.

@Interdimensional Observer Actually Leif DOES start as a mercenary group. He was part of Fianna Militia(named after fionn mac cumhail band of knights funny enough)

Funny enough the vibes that Quan is viewed "badly" really isn't there on Thracia unless you read up the Fall of Leonster. In FE4 proper, he's basically treated the same way as every other parent characters, although "don't repeat the same mistake as your father did" is basically Leif arc words(and.... FE4 in general. Have i mentioned that Leif is basically the main character of FE4 gen 2? Because he is) - whether he follows up on this or not.... your guess. FE4 gen 2 is kinda bad at making that consistent. FE5 pretty much considered him a figurehead, but one that makes mistakes. Its not really until you saw Fall of Leonster riffing on him for messing up that the notions thrown around in FE5 basically become burns thrown at Quan's general direction

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Sadly i basically blew up every ounce of my free orb supply

I WAS going to whale for this banner, but the combination of kinda eh rates(from experience) and how "relatively expensive" FEH Orbs are in time vs spending basis puts me off from that. So yeah, back to hoarding feather and orbs o'clock. I have 1 character almost at +10 and plan to build 1-2 character who already have 11 copy in stock to do it so might as well do it to fill in the blanks

Blues are so good on this banner that you mind as well whale, if you are financially able, while you have a good opportunity. Fjorm is great as a legendary hero and as fodder, and Winter Robin has Brazen Atk/Spd for fodder along with Armor March if you have armors that need it.

18 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo @mcsilas guess who came to me today wasting my last orbs on the legendary banner? (still no Hardin, @JSND Alter Dragon Boner, that Marth buff for Hardin sounds terrifying btw.):

r7KOjq6.png

(Show-off version with arena boosted stats and Cav buffs). 

Thats some sick stats, i haven't got the chance to get a stock of Fury so i settle with LND2 on him

Who was the spook btw

Now, that we have an alt for Reinhardt and Nino, two characters that placed in top 10 for their respective gender in CYL2, could it mean that those alts have been designed AFTER CYL2? Since before them, there were Eirika and Chrom (not counting Fallen Heroes as alts), who are protagonists in their games, something that Nino and Reinhardt are not (I now Olwen is there too, but she could be there just for Rein)

24 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Now, that we have an alt for Reinhardt and Nino, two characters that placed in top 10 for their respective gender in CYL2, could it mean that those alts have been designed AFTER CYL2? Since before them, there were Eirika and Chrom (not counting Fallen Heroes as alts), who are protagonists in their games, something that Nino and Reinhardt are not (I now Olwen is there too, but she could be there just for Rein)

their artwork is copyrighted 2017 so possibly not. Rein & Nino had fairly obvious popularity before the CYL2 poll ran, so they were probably safe bets to give the go ahead on.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

No spook, she was as welcome as Hardin would have been. Just check Marths special. ;-)

This is when you know you've truly ascended while summoning. Some 4* units start being just as welcome as the actual 5*s you're hunting. Cordelias and Peris gave me the same joy as any bride while pulling on the latest banners.

40 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

This is when you know you've truly ascended while summoning. Some 4* units start being just as welcome as the actual 5*s you're hunting. Cordelias and Peris gave me the same joy as any bride while pulling on the latest banners.

I'm legit happy when I summon Sully/Subaki/Arthur.  But I'm odd like that~!

3 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Deeeeesgusting

If I got a Hardin I'd make Bold Fighter Effie tbh.

Tfw you died inside at 7 Bold fighter worth of merges

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner awww, that's a shame. There's always waiting til next time? Who else are you getting to +10?

Marth is sitting at 8, havent really been going for merges in the past but (2 on every stats) + Grima slayer is pretty convenient. I need 2 copy to finish him though so he cant really get to 10 immediately and there havent been an attractive Red banner to stock up(i dont even have Fury anymore lol)

Closest to the duo is Eliwood at 4.... hes fine but to make him sufficient he need GF

The ones i had in mind is actually between A!Tiki - DC Red that covers BLyn to optimize Hardin emblem or Oscar who is more of a fun project.... or at least as close as a 2 expensive skill and a weapon build can be "fun". Sheena could be a pick but my copy of her is pretty low so yeah

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

I'm legit happy when I summon Sully/Subaki/Arthur.  But I'm odd like that~!

I need more 4-star copies of Jagen. The giant pile of cavalry I've been building have eaten all of my Jagens up, and at one point, I had to fodder off my last copy of Jagen (to Sigurd).

I'm back up to two copies now, but that's probably not going to last very long.

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner I'd give you those copies if I could, I can't seem to stop pulling him. I think I've sent home over 40 Marths. Though, I think Lucina will end up +10 before I actively start working on another red +10. A!Tiki's on my list, I have enough copies of her sitting in my barracks. But Clair's my main focus now, just 3 more to go and lacking two copies. Here's to hoping the banner after Scattered Fangs has a good blue I can pull for.

I always need units with draw back or reposition (I kind of hate swap unless it's on armors). I've been getting a decent amount of Cains lately, so my WoM need is currently fulfilled. TA is always a nice skill to have on backup, and uh ... I can't really think of any other skill I really want right now other than QR and desperation. More death blow at 4-star, maybe?

Call it whatever you like, cause I know there's a phrase for it, but there's something I've been wondering about...

From my own personal experience, whenever I manage to get 13-20 orbs together for summoning, it's usually only 1-2 maybe 3 summoning sessions before I have gotten a 5* unit. This is purely free orbs.

When I buy orbs however, it seems like I could go 4-5 summoning sessions or more before I even see a pity breaking 5*.

I'm not exactly saying the game cares where you got orbs from... but it also kinda feels like whenever I'm summoning after buying orbs, It'll be a while before I see a 5*, compared to if I had bunkered down for orbs.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else? Because I feel I'm forming a biased opinion on this from my own experiences, and I can't say I understand this psychological effect any better than I did when someone explained how superboons/banes worked...

4 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

I think those picks made sense even before seeing the CYL2 results. Even before CYL2, Reinhardt had clearly become the best-known FE5 character, and Nino was the biggest non-lord FE7 character. (She did rank below Dorcas in CYL1, but they could tell that was because of the memes.)

It's also possible that they have other methods for evaluating the popularity of characters between CYL events.

45 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think those picks made sense even before seeing the CYL2 results. Even before CYL2, Reinhardt had clearly become the best-known FE5 character, and Nino was the biggest non-lord FE7 character. (She did rank below Dorcas in CYL1, but they could tell that was because of the memes.)

It's also possible that they have other methods for evaluating the popularity of characters between CYL events.

And they also known from older popularity polls and other stuff in japanese websites that Nino is popular.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Call it whatever you like, cause I know there's a phrase for it, but there's something I've been wondering about...

From my own personal experience, whenever I manage to get 13-20 orbs together for summoning, it's usually only 1-2 maybe 3 summoning sessions before I have gotten a 5* unit. This is purely free orbs.

When I buy orbs however, it seems like I could go 4-5 summoning sessions or more before I even see a pity breaking 5*.

I'm not exactly saying the game cares where you got orbs from... but it also kinda feels like whenever I'm summoning after buying orbs, It'll be a while before I see a 5*, compared to if I had bunkered down for orbs.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else? Because I feel I'm forming a biased opinion on this from my own experiences, and I can't say I understand this psychological effect any better than I did when someone explained how superboons/banes worked...

Personal experience? Definitely familiar. On the other side, I've experienced the inverse as well. It's also like the game can tell what banners you do or don't want to pull on. This bhb, last thing I wanted was Seliph, yet he was my free pull.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

I presume they track (provided you allow it, you can disable it) user data showing who uses what. It doesn't take a genius to see Reinhardt was used all the time forever (thus adding in like what 6 skills and as many units designed to weather the thunder?) and Nino was the go-to blade unit on infantry buff teams.

6 minutes ago, r_n said:

I presume they track (provided you allow it, you can disable it) user data showing who uses what. It doesn't take a genius to see Reinhardt was used all the time forever (thus adding in like what 6 skills and as many units designed to weather the thunder?) and Nino was the go-to blade unit on infantry buff teams.

Lyn must have been a smashing success since the went back to the well with her more than any other character. Lyn x Tactician Mark worked all those years ago!!!!

Fodder is fodder. She's a 5* exclusive without support utility and dies to DC lance users specifically built to counter mages. A glass cannon mage with expensive SP builds doesn't have much worth if they can only win matchups where they have color advantage

@silveraura25: How often do you see a DC lance user that can survive 58-61 dmg x 2 and a Moonbow/Luna while being to retaliate with an immediate 55 Atk as well? She doesn't win only matcheps with color advantage, she kills a lot of blue units as well, especially ones that can not DC, which is still quite a lot. Besides I was only saying +10 because I just like Ishtar a lot, not because I don't think she's not good for fodder considering she's the only one with Odd Atk Wave 3, and she even comes with Swift Sparrow 2.