Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I like the Accessory menu. It lets me look at my units sprites with updated weapons, if its different from their base, unlike the Hero Catalog.

They changed that in the previous patch. For example, looking at Caeda in Hero Catalog shows her wielding Wing Sword.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

10 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I like the Accessory menu. It lets me look at my units sprites with updated weapons, if its different from their base, unlike the Hero Catalog.

They changed that in the previous patch. For example, looking at Caeda in Hero Catalog shows her wielding Wing Sword.

Just now, Kaden said:

No, that just updated the Hero Catalog with the heroes updated weapons, such as Caeda with the Wing Sword instead of Armorslayer.

What I mean is if you replaced, in my example, Cains Brave Sword with a Firesweep Sword.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Not gonna lie, I am a wee bit annoyed that adult Tiki lost her 1-2 range. But oh well.

I had a feeling it'd become falchion breath, but part of me thought it' could be a "light" version of Expiration and be refined to take away the special charge thing.

Falchion with the weird bond is at least novel

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Since all my faves automatically had the Pink heart, I just advance sorted by Rarity and Type, and it basically replicated the old Basic Sort by Favorites.

I'm honestly annoyed that they removed the existing sort by favorite option, simply because it had a convenient general use order for viewing units, and showd the level underneath (showing rarity stars is pointless because background color conveys the same info, but this does a good job of replicating it. it dos add aditional work to what used to be an easy sort, though)

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Since all my faves automatically had the Pink heart, I just advance sorted by Rarity and Type, and it basically replicated the old Basic Sort by Favorites.

Oh, I'm actually changing the heart colors on 60 units so I can more easily identify them for AA purposes. Assuming I'm interpreting the notes correctly, you'll get +1 bonus point for AA for each hero used that matches the season. I don't want to have to root out 28 specific units from all over my barracks, so the favorite sort will help a lot.

I was too cheap to give Young Tiki Lighting Breath+ in the first place, so a nice unconditional upgrade for her. She's +def anyway so melee brawling suits her best. Adult Tiki will probably keep her LB+, oh well.

Linde I gave Dark Aura to ages ago, waste of dew since I barely use her, and refining Aura might be throwing good money after bad. Doesn't help that she's a mediocre +hp -res (albeit +1). I think I'll stick with Tailtiu as my infantry blue mage.

Merric I never got as a 5*, but I did merge all my 4* ones. Only up to +6 though. If I pull another few copies, I'll consider promoting one for the weapon, but no rush at all.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

PSA: Tap battle reset and you can get rewards again.

It is a glitch (or IS deleted our data), you don't get the rewards again even if it says you do. RIP orbs.

I was looking forward to Tiki's new weapon, but I really don't see myself using it sadly. I'm currently running A!Tiki and Nowi in my arena core, meaning I could take advantage of her 2-range Atk/Def Refine, but when I compare it to her current LB+(Def)/WB combo, I don't see how it's in anyway superior outside of scoring purposes. So considering I'm short on Divine Dew, I'm definitely not using it here. 

Linde's refine is decent, but I don't know if I'd use it over Blarblade.

Merric's refine look pretty good though. Flyer effectiveness, special -1 and 2 range Atk/Spd bond with mages and staves is definitely a welcome upgrade for him. 

Well, I was about to go run Tiki, Merric, and Linde's matchups to see if anything caught my fancy (I mostly want to see how Merric has improved, and if the Breath of Fog upgrades are worthwhile), and then I remembered that the new refinements (obviously) aren't in my simulator yet. At least it's a quick update with no new mechanics.

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

It is a glitch (or IS deleted our data), you don't get the rewards again even if it says you do. RIP orbs.

Fug. I demand compensation for this glitch, IS!

Tikis refine is a bit disappointing. Not sure I wanna give up the DC effect on A!Tiki but it’s not all that bad I guess.

The favorites thing is neat. New ways to sort units is appreciated.

I’m loving the accessories already but my question now is how are we supposed to get more?

13 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

No, that just updated the Hero Catalog with the heroes updated weapons, such as Caeda with the Wing Sword instead of Armorslayer.

What I mean is if you replaced, in my example, Cains Brave Sword with a Firesweep Sword.

Oh, you said updated which made me think of units gaining new weapons not people giving them different weapons.

Speaking of weapons, Linus's datamined art shows him wielding a familiar weapon. Also, Canas looks really pretty.

Lucina's bunny hat, a snorkel, seashell, Askr badge are accessories.

This batch of refinements feel kinda boring IMO, but at least Merric became usable. Though I find Dark Aura better for Arena for Linde

Edited by silveraura25

Huh. No other weapon sprites in the update besides for the three in the trailer. Linus might get Stout Tomahawk, but don't be too certain. Cana's on the other hand... Looks like owltome for him

Ursula TT and Hector&Matthew BHB. @ZeoLooks like your boy is a part of a BHB map

I had a feeling Tiki's new weapon wouldn't be instantly appreciated no matter what they did. Lightning Breath is such a grossly overpowered weapon. Also a bit peeved that the next two dragon killers are still reds. I guess Tiki not being a sword user is somewhat unique. I'm glad Merric's refinement remains a flier killing weapon rather than them just giving him Nino's Excalibur. Though I'll note that Nino's weapon would make Merric fairly decent due to speed being his only decent stat. My hope for Merric's new Excalibur tome was for him to automatically double all fliers. Since he fails to ORKO so many of them and it will still let him threaten those units even if they have Iote's or Dragonskin. Guaranteed doubles would have been a very meta relevant refinement.

The update is as disappointing as was expected. More UI clutter, more useless refines, more glitches. At least the accessory menu’s true purpose is to look at your units with whatever weapons you’ve given them.

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Huh. No other weapon sprites in the update besides for the three in the trailer. Linus might get Stout Tomahawk, but don't be too certain.

Just going to leave this here [DATAMINE]:

Spoiler

YFILo-xfeFrqh7Ms1FggNg1IkOKQ3ZWrNnk2s-iPDhQ.jpg?fit=crop&crop=faces%2Centropy&arh=2&w=640&s=e9609b2bbadd1f80a9f59dbfba4403c0

I just saw the Canas and Linus art and their both beautiful!

About Linus

Spoiler

Can’t tell if that’s Tomahawk or Basilikos. They both look identical except for the color. Edit: never mind it looks exactly like Basilikos.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Just going to leave this here [DATAMINE]:

Hide contents

YFILo-xfeFrqh7Ms1FggNg1IkOKQ3ZWrNnk2s-iPDhQ.jpg?fit=crop&crop=faces%2Centropy&arh=2&w=640&s=e9609b2bbadd1f80a9f59dbfba4403c0

Oooo. I feel stupid for not looking at his art more clearly

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The update is as disappointing as was expected. More UI clutter, more useless refines, more glitches. At least the accessory menu’s true purpose is to look at your units with whatever weapons you’ve given them.

Fire Emblem Heroes is becoming YouTube in UI changes. :p

2 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

About Linus

Reveal hidden contents

Can’t tell if that’s Tomahawk or Basilikos. They both look identical except for the color.

Spoiler

Stout Tomahawk looks like this. Different colored haft and the head is a bit less broad and isn't as decorated.

Weapon_Stout_Tomahawk.png?version=1fbce6