Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Nobody is. It was reset by mistake with the update.

Apparently, we'll get compensation orbs. 

Oh wow. lol

I was wondering why it was the same music for a second. Got really boring.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Kaze being added to the 3-4* pool makes me happier than a lot of recent developments.  Maybe they could do the same for old Tempest reward characters.  Adding guys like Tobin or Clive to the 3* pool would be nice variety and require no development time on IS's part.

Oh, where is anyone seeing that Kaze was added to the pool? I haven't found anything in notifications or nothing... Yet I keep seeing people mention that.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, where is anyone seeing that Kaze was added to the pool? I haven't found anything in notifications or nothing... Yet I keep seeing people mention that.

The bit at the bottom:

Spoiler

cpUbCqT.png

Edited by Tybrosion

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

It’s in the end of the notification for the Scattered Fangs banner:
Screenshot_20180608-144609.png

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The bit at the bottom:

Hide contents

cpUbCqT.png

Oh, I was looking at the wrong notification then. lol I thought it'd be in the one about the recent update. I see, that's neat! I wouldn't mind giving my favorite (canon) dagger guy merges at some point. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

I'm sure it's been discussed to death and my sentiments are shared, but I really hope they decide to throw the non-seasonal, non-masked marth tempest units into the summoning pool as well. Several of them would be fine 3-4* units, though a few would probably be 5* exclusive (Black Knight, probably Joshua).

At the very least throwing Gerome in would be nice, I'd probably throw a poleaxe or two around just for AA options.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I was looking at the wrong notification then. lol I thought it'd be in the one about the recent update. I see, that's neat! I wouldn't mind giving my favorite (canon) dagger guy merges at some point. ^^

I actually pulled a 4* Kaze today.  Maybe I should 5* and merge my Rev husband.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that's an idea too.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see Tellius and SoV summer banners.

For Tellius, I see: Ike, Elincia, Micaiah, Soren

SoV: Alm, Celica, and any of their male and female allies. Maybe Mae and Gray. Or Clair and Boey.

Oh yeah, also, can Elincia's alt be flying healer plz?

I have Nino and Karla already... my orbs must be saved for these possibilities.

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

I have Nino and Karla already... my orbs must be saved for these possibilities.

Mine too... Plus Summer Freddy's next return. I want more merges for him. :P +Spd and not -Atk would be great on him too.

7 minutes ago, r_n said:

I'm sure it's been discussed to death and my sentiments are shared, but I really hope they decide to throw the non-seasonal, non-masked marth tempest units into the summoning pool as well. Several of them would be fine 3-4* units, though a few would probably be 5* exclusive (Black Knight, probably Joshua).

At the very least throwing Gerome in would be nice, I'd probably throw a poleaxe or two around just for AA options.

I'm expecting the ones without exclusive weapons in the 3-4 Stars Pools.

I would see Joshua being part of the 4-5* Star pool (but he would be a 5* Star exclusive, who knows); the same with Black Knight.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Mine too... Plus Summer Freddy's next return. I want more merges for him. :P +Spd and not -Atk would be great on him too.

I would like to get Summer Tiki, but I need to have priorities... I need to see the main banners first.

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

I would like to get Summer Tiki, but I need to have priorities... I need to see the main banners first.

I might possibly have to sacrifice possible Summer Freddy merges myself if it takes a buttload of orbs to pull a potential Summer Ike and Elincia, yeah. xP I mean, I have a +2 Summer Freddy and while his IVs aren't optimal, they don't hurt him much either (+HP, -Def if I recall), so yeah, Summer Ike and Elincia would be the priorities.

2 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I'm expecting the ones without exclusive weapons in the 3-4 Stars Pools.

I would see Joshua being part of the 4-5* Star pool (but he would be a 5* Star exclusive, who knows); the same with Black Knight.

Black Knight feels a level more "premium" than other units so even though Zelgius is him but better, I can see him be in the 5* exclusive pool. Probably helps he was also literally premium since you could effectively buy him during that one month he was in an orb pack.

Joshua, while I feel he's not amazing, was a farfetched hero. And all his comrades got the 5* treatment.

Made an inquiry regarding Atk Ploy vs. Dull-Ranged:

ATK PLOY > DULL-RANGED?

I'm heavily debating between defensive skills, which happen to be Guard, Dull-Ranged & QR as B-slots in conjuction one of QR or Distant Def Seals.

It should be noted that the examples I'm using are when it comes to countering Lynhardt, since they're likely the most prominent ranged enemies by far.

So where does Atk Ploy fit into this? Just came to my attention that +6s are usually the most common and highest visual buffs (since no one uses Defiant skills); so isn't it close to the same thing to have a -5 debuffing skill as a C-slot? That means you're not taking up a B-slot, which means it doesn't cost one of Guard/QR or Distant Def/QR Seal...

Am I missing something?

Maybe some of the big boys could weigh in? Actually anyone with some knowledge of meta.

12 minutes ago, Oz ♠ said:

Maybe some of the big boys could weigh in? Actually anyone with some knowledge of meta.

Eh, have numbers.

Atk Ploy only affects one stat.  Dull Ranged gives the finger to all buffs on Lyn/Dire Rein - including some of the more annoying ones, like speed.  It also requires that whatever unit that has it has more Res than your target, and you need to be aligned just right.  Even if it does go off, you're looking at a bit of additional damage anyway.

IMO if you're that worried about buffs, run Panic Ploy with a unit whose HP is decent, on top of Guard/QR.  Both Rein and Lyn will most likely NOT have forged weapons, meaning that their HP pools will be on the low side.  An unmerged, neutral Rein has 38 HP to his name.

24 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Eh, have numbers.

Atk Ploy only affects one stat.  Dull Ranged gives the finger to all buffs on Lyn/Dire Rein - including some of the more annoying ones, like speed.  It also requires that whatever unit that has it has more Res than your target, and you need to be aligned just right.  Even if it does go off, you're looking at a bit of additional damage anyway.

IMO if you're that worried about buffs, run Panic Ploy with a unit whose HP is decent, on top of Guard/QR.  Both Rein and Lyn will most likely NOT have forged weapons, meaning that their HP pools will be on the low side.  An unmerged, neutral Rein has 38 HP to his name.

I was actually about to run back to mention I completely forgot about Blade Tomes altogether. My main focus on the subject was them, but it's also because I'm building a Julius (good luck outmatching 38-44 Res, lol).

I ran a few numbers on the calculator, and the best mix is probably Guard + QR Seal. Even a +10 +Atk Reinhardt has trouble doing double-digits to a well-stocked Julius. Against Lyn, you either want to be running Distant Def or just pray she isn't +10 and +Atk...not that I constantly run in the 705+ range, but I guess it's a safe meassure. +7-8s Reinhardt might be the most common for me.

On 6/9/2018 at 1:23 AM, Oz ♠ said:

Here's some fun buff/debuff trivia that might help you understand the buffs a little better:

Spoiler

Note that Bonuses and Penalties are considered separate things in calculations. Below is an instance where an enemy Fjorm is buffed (from Eirika) and debuffed (ploy) at the same time. For most things, this just ends up as a net -1 Atk. For Bladetomes, Cleaner, etc, this still counts the +4 Atk in those calculations.

Were this Nino with Gronnblade, she'd still get the +4 boost even though the -5 is also affecting her. Here's the same Fjorm where I hit her with Panic too:

I don't know if people know it, but Panic and debuffs stack. Dull Ranged wouldn't be necessary in this case.

Anyway, in regards to which is going to get more mileage between Dull Ranged and Atk Ploy, there's a few things to consider, primarily what unit you're looking at. I use the Atk Ploy seal on Felicia, since there are plenty of times where she can't attack (like say, against Zelgius, unless I give her Windsweep), and it lets her still contribute even when she can't otherwise fight. I personally only feel threatened by buffs when they're on cavalry Bladetomes, but Wolftomes/Panic Ploy/splitting up the enemy are good enough to handle that without using a 5* Morgan that I don't have or wanna make.

Edited by Johann

So im not sure if its only me but isnt Adult Tiki ridiculously crazy strong right now? Sub 70 ATK with sub 40 defense, hitting Res basically turns every enemy into dust, dragon couldnt safely strike her weakside since she OHKO Nowi and removed Grima from existence, and she just generally one shot a lot of stuff

Weak side is Pegasus and Effie but otherwise this looks like a very monstrous build

Its much less versatile, Nowi killing version of Lilina and something very close to Alm in term of performance although probably not as crazy OP in Hero Battles

So because it's a difficult problem to solve in the time frame they have they're just gonna let the broken tap battle stay there, but we're still getting compensation orbs

Edited by silveraura25

56 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

So im not sure if its only me but isnt Adult Tiki ridiculously crazy strong right now? Sub 70 ATK with sub 40 defense, hitting Res basically turns every enemy into dust, dragon couldnt safely strike her weakside since she OHKO Nowi and removed Grima from existence, and she just generally one shot a lot of stuff

Weak side is Pegasus and Effie but otherwise this looks like a very monstrous build

Its much less versatile, Nowi killing version of Lilina and something very close to Alm in term of performance although probably not as crazy OP in Hero Battles

I'm seeing it as well, Y!Tiki's managed to make a dragon team viable for me. I do realise A!Tiki would be more powerful, but still.

Assuming the developers haven't been working on a mass scale stat re-balance for the older characters and are preparing it for a massive update in the future, I'm at point where I feel like they should roll them out in batches like with the weapon refinery updates. For one, it could create profit by introducing revitalized units. At least it would be an excuse for them to put up more random, bait banners.

If they do that, then I feel like they should start with if not the Askr trio, then Gunter, Jagen, Marth, and maybe Raven and adult Tiki. Also, for kicks, Virion. Gunter and Jagen are the only characters with veteran BST. In a game where level ups aren't RNG-based and where everyone has set stats when they reach level 40, veteran BST doesn't make sense. In the beginning, having higher base stats at level 1 is helpful, but it's probably not that big of an advantage compared to in other games where having good base stats in whatever section of the game can make a huge difference despite them having lower growths. They are literally relics of the past and weighed down by a reference to the main games that doesn't really translate well or at least wasn't handled well enough for a spin-off game.

Gunter has to deal Frederick who is a better physical tank and offensive unit than him. His 43 HP, 33 Atk, 24 Spd, 33 Def, and 18 Res (150 BST) to Frederick's 43 HP, 35 Atk, 25 Spd, 36 Def, and 14 Res (153 BST). Frederick already has an established niche and as there are only 3 axe cavaliers in the regular summoning pool, 1 in the seasonal pool, and 1 TT unit, there are some niches unfulfilled. Long story short, I feel like they should just dump 6-7 points into his resistance and make him the Berkut of the axe cavaliers. He won't have access to Berkut's Lance, but perhaps in the future they could introduce that. I don't think he'd get a superboon from it, but regardless, a +Res, -Spd Gunter would have 43 HP, 33 Atk, 21 Spd, 33 Def, and 27-28 Res (156-7 BST). That's pretty good mixed bulk and with an axe version of Berkut's Lance, he'd have +7 resistance when have on top of that giving him 34-35 resistance when attacked and that's before a refine. The only issue is going off of his stats in Fates, it wouldn't make sense since Gunter's resistance doesn't look too good, base and growth, but that didn't stop the developers from giving units with stat spreads different from in their main games.

Jagen I guess could have a similar thing happen to him, but have the points pumped into defense and maybe a bit into attack or health. 37 HP, 27 Atk, 24 Spd, 25 Def, and 35 Res gives him 148 BST, so he'd need +8 stat points at a minimum. Dumping 8 points into defense would give him 33/35 defenses which is kind of dumb, but whatever. He'd have 33/42 defenses when attacked with a refined Berkut's Lance+. Give +4 depending on the refine you'd want on him.

Worst case scenario with Gunter and Jagen is that they would be on a banner and people would be able to get more Fury, Fortify Cavalry, and Hone Cavalry.

As for Marth, while it might be a bit counterintuitive for people who feel Marth is getting a surprise CYL2 alt and buffing the old version might not seem that great when a stronger version is coming up, the first lord being a part of the first batch of stat increases just makes sense to me along with the Askr trio since they are the main characters of Heroes, their game and their story. That said, he might make more sense as part of a Falchion stat increase batch with Alm, Chrom, Lucina, and masked Marth. In that case, well, I guess they could start with Ike, Roy, or someone else.

Raven and adult Tiki are more of a they have someone else, Linus and kid Tiki, who shares the same weapon as them, but they have less BST than them. Granted, both of them are pretty min-maxed, so it's probably not that needed at the moment. It also might piss off some people if they literally get dump stats which I feel like would happen. Raven's definitely not getting any points into attack and speed when unique refined Basilikos gives him L&D3 and he has enough bulk to run L&D3 as his passive and Tiki hitting harder and having higher defense probably would annoy the hell out of people. Raven would likely get points distributed to his defense and resistance. Something like +3 Def and +2 Res for 41 HP, 34 Atk, 35 Spd, 28 Def, and 24 Res (162 BST). Not sure about HP since it would make more sense for Linus to have higher HP even if it's slight, well, 1 point.  Best case scenario for Tiki is if she gets +3-4 points into her resistance like 40 HP, 35 Atk, 25 Spd, 35 Def, and 27 Res (162 BST). Yeah, a pointless +2 speed increase, but +3 resistance would definitely help her in the long run if she continues to use Lightning Breath or Distant Counter with Breath of Fog.

They should totally dump 4 points into HP (147 BST to 151 BST) for Virion because we totally need an archer with 50 HP. :p

Edited by Kaden

7 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Well, Zephiel didn’t get a prf but he did get a refine. I think that shows that IS is at least somewhat interested in improving GHB and TT units. It’s just not top priority I guess.

Refines are different. Zephiel got a refine because his legendary weapon had fallen behind standards.

8 hours ago, r_n said:

Joshua, while I feel he's not amazing, was a farfetched hero. And all his comrades got the 5* treatment.

While he doesn't have the raw offensive stats like Ayra, Mia, and Karla, Joshua has great mixed bulk which allows him to run a wide variety of different builds. With natures and merges he would only become more versatile. His Audhulma is a fantastic weapon, and is only a refinement away from making Joshua an S-tier unit.

@Ice Dragon While there has been a precedent set with Kaze, he was a GC reward unit so I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for GHB and TT reward units to follow suit.

I would love for them all to be pullable, but only the TT reward units seem likely since there are way too many to start re-running them in future TTs. Especially with how infrequent TTs are. GHBs seem to be most likely to continue to be released in the same way they have been.

Do people not fully understand how busted Karla's weapon is? Her 44 Spd with a +spd nature means that the Phantom Spd 3 seal is essentially an Atk +7 seal. In my eyes, she is hands down the best out of her, Ayra, and Mia.

Summer Brom when?

I'd love for the TT units to get added to the summoning pool. It might make Canas and Fin more salvageable! Joshua would be the one I'd be most excited for, he's already a good unit so with a mild refinement he'd be even better.