Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 hours ago, mcsilas said:

strange how the news doesn’t announce grand conquests starting today. They should have GC home screen log-in bonuses to make it more visible (and something for people to look forward to)

Methinks they announced it three days prior, so people could register. I could be wrong though.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@mampfoid, finally, I got Cordelia! (-Hp/+Atk) And Panic Ploy 3 fodder in the same session (after getting Cordelia, I completed the full pull). I think it has been a total of 160-170 orbs. But, if you think that free summer tana and free summer corrin happened in the same time, I’ve got 4 5* in that number of orbs. Optimism is the key! Hahaha

I was considering giving Infantry Pulse 3 to my Brave Ike so that he would have something better than Threaten Def 3 in his C slot, but now I wonder if 50 Hp would be enough for Panic Ploy 3 ?

2 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

I was considering giving Infantry Pulse 3 to my Brave Ike so that he would have something better than Threaten Def 3 in his C slot, but now I wonder if 50 Hp would be enough for Panic Ploy 3 ?

If you're not facing off against a lot of armored units, 50HP would work for Panic Ploy 3 I think.

So the trailer for the next legendary hero will most likely drop tonight, anyone else here think it will be Julia?

FE4 spoilers, I think. Probably not but I'll do it anyway just to be safe.

Spoiler

Julia has Fjalar blood so her element would be fire. It looks like the next legendary hero will be green. She might be a green dragon,  where she's summoning the real Naga or something like that in a similar vein to both of the fallen Robins.

Edited by Larverto

19 minutes ago, Larverto said:

So the trailer for the next legendary hero will most likely drop tonight, anyone else here think it will be Julia?

Hide contents

Julia has Fjalar blood so her element would be fire. It looks like the next legendary hero will be green. She might be a green dragon,  where she's summoning the real Naga or something like that in a similar vein to both of the fallen Robins.

I think that'd be pretty cool. And it'd be another effective against dragons weapon. Huh...blue seriously needs a dragon-effective weapon...

33 minutes ago, Larverto said:

Reveal hidden contents

I honestly don’t want to see another green dragon added until we finally get a new red one, so I’d pass on that idea.

I don’t want anyone who hadn’t been a dragon in their games to be made a dragon. Stop pigeonholing everyone and everything into the dragon meta already. First there was Julius, whom many clamoured to be a dragon. Now it’s Julia? No, thanks.

Much like I don’t want anyone who hadn’t been an armoured unit in their games to suddenly be an armoured unit. Looking at you again, Julius.

Edited by Vaximillian

Actually, I was thinking of weapons the CYL units might have. Since the last CYL had units dressed as their fathers, maybe this one will have them as their best friends? Hector with a Rapier, Ephraim with a bow, Celica as a different colored tome, and Veronica is...up in the air.

I'd rather have Naga itself, now that would be awesome.  However if they are representing FE4 with green, Lewyn would be best....though he would fit wind.  What about Idunn? We have Fruit of Idunn...okay not really but it looks similar, was it a subtle hint perhaps?  Besides which she would represent Binding blade a game that hasn't had a legendary hero yet. 

Oh my CYL story.  I spent more orbs on that banner than any other in history, 300ish.  I got no focus units. NONE.  I got a bunch of pity breakers, most of them very good, but no focus units.  It was bittersweet, at that time I wanted all of them so bad.  I picked Lyn.  The girl who introduced me to the series, the first character you see in the first Fire Emblem game released outside Japan.  She was also the only one that was a new unit type, Bow Cavalry.  I eventually got Brave Ike (off focus on Winter Envoy) and Lancina on the January legendary banner.  I never have gotten Brave Roy though.  

19 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't remember Sanaki's ending in RD completely and I don't have time to double check it on SF right now, but I do think she did stay as the empress of Begnion. Not sure if she continued to keep the apostle name afterwards. You're right, though, if Sanaki knows she has an older sister then she already knows she cannot hear the goddess's voice and may well have gotten rid of the apostle title by now.

Heroes is confusing as fuck, as always. 

Sanaki did stay as Empress of Begnion, Micaiah instead chose to rule Daein, being she loves it and all and has no real passionate connection to Begnion, which Sanaki certainly does and she is a good ruler too. And with Elincia, all of Beorckind in Tellius belonged to countries ruled by women- oh happy day if only it could be real!

Sanaki's exact and quite short RD character ending:

Spoiler

Holy Empress – Sanaki

Sanaki elected to guide her people in a world without the goddess, and made treaties uniting the continent.

My purely speculative and realistic-sounding guess as to how she would rule following the revelation she is not the true Apostle is some pragmatic lying and reorientation. Sigrun and Tanith have zero issues having an Empress who is not the Apostle, but I doubt the majority of the populace of Begnion would go along so easily- Sigrun and Tanith have strong personal bonds with the Empress, 99.9% of Begnionites do not. Sanaki maintains the Apostle title and goddess-hearing lie, but chooses to rarely invoke the title in practice, preferring to be addressed as Empress in any and all situations of life. She won't correct someone who calls her the Apostle, but subtle shifts in her public image and the trappings of the imperial matriarchy should gradually over years and decades make the title "Apostle" more and more forgotten, and "Empress" becoming what first pops in the mind of the people when they think of the ruler of Begnion. 

16 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I only noticed recently, because I took the time to train my Lucina a bit, and sorry to be bringing up the... boingy boings again, but...

Does "Marth" look a little too masculine, and Lucina a little too feminine? Because I've been staring at some of Lucina's art between Cipher, Awakening, and Heroes for a few days (when I have the time), and I've come to notice that Lucina's chest, in most Cipher and Awakening depictions when she is in her Lord outfit, isn't big enough for Lucy to be hiding the royal guards in there, but also not small enough that she IS a dude. Which makes sense, because she passed herself off as a male for a little while.

Yet when I look at any of her Heroes art, she does have a little bit of chest even when standing still, as well as a bit more hip, meanwhile "Marth", who reminder/spoilers is literally just Lucina in a mask with tucked in hair, appears to just be a slim dude, not having a chest or hips to really speak of.

As long as things don't get as bad as what happened to Faris in FFV iOS. Like Lucina, it isn't long before the reveal that Faris is a girl happens, but even after being outed as a female, Faris in the SNES/PS1/GBA sprite looks androgynous/manly in the majority of jobs in line with her gruff pirate upbringing, the iOS port ruined this and made her look girly even in her default appearance.

Spoiler

Faris-ffv-mapFaris IconFaris Field iOSFFV Faris Freelancer Sprite iOSFaris-MonkFFV Faris Monk iOS

As for the Lyn discussion from earlier, if there is any I'd ever use, it'd only be the original, I'd never do legendary summons, and no other Lyn exists besides the original. No offense to her character.

*Sigh* This place isn't so interesting for me when there isn't a New Heroes anywhere in sight. For I refuse to burn Orbs ever on anything that is a not a net positive of enthusiasm for me.

6 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

We have Fruit of Idunn...okay not really but it looks similar, was it a subtle hint perhaps? 

Iðunn is an actual Norse goddess associated with apples and youth. Not everything has to be a foreshadowing.

Edited by Vaximillian

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t want anyone who hadn’t been a dragon in their games to be made a dragon. Stop pigeonholing everyone and everything into the dragon meta already. First there was Julius, whom many clamoured to be a dragon. Now it’s Julia? No, thanks.

Much like I don’t want anyone who hadn’t been an armoured unit in their games to suddenly be an armoured unit. Looking at you again, Julius.

Zephiel was not armored in his source game.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Iðunn is an actual Norse goddess associated with apples and youth. Not everything has to be a foreshadowing.

If this actually starts becoming a thing, can we have a piano tome called Fur Elise?

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Well he and DEH looked the part, I guess they just didn't want them trivialized by an armorslayer, which sadly befell the Black Knight in RD despite Nullify existing.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

At least he looked like an armor unit; and Zephiel don't having armor weakness was mostly something to make him more threating... I guess.

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

I think that'd be pretty cool. And it'd be another effective against dragons weapon. Huh...blue seriously needs a dragon-effective weapon...

i think we need a dragon effectiv like skill for the A-Slot to inherit!

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

i think we need a dragon effectiv like skill for the A-Slot to inherit!

That, or generic dragon slaying weapons since they have existed in previous games like FE8 and FE12.

I want a dragon that just packs a fortification tile with it everywhere it goes. Even better if it stacks with fortification tiles already on the map.

Also a Sacred Seal version of Svalinn Shield/Grani's Shield/Iote's Shield, but for dragon effectiveness, to fix the fact that Alm is poorly designed.

38 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I want a dragon that just packs a fortification tile with it everywhere it goes. Even better if it stacks with fortification tiles already on the map.

That was my idea for Lash, minus the dragon part, but they got to get closer to the bottom of the barrel for that dream to happen.

10 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Honestly, Dragon Julia was what I thought to be likely this month. Hmm... maybe we'll get a sane version of Julius? Or perhaps Hrid is finally gonna be playable.

Watch as armored dragon Julius becomes a thing one day.

Edited by Larverto

13 hours ago, Karimlan said:

Methinks they announced it three days prior, so people could register. I could be wrong though.

Well, yeah, but I forget to actually start playing because it doesn't start until hours after reset.