Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Ironically work is probably the biggest reason I'm still active. I work a boring desk job with lots of free time, but obviously I can't sit down and play a game like Civilization or The Witcher during work hours. FEH is pretty much the only convenient thing for me to play.

My days of spending any money on the game are pretty much over though, barring special cases like the BK pack. Even if I won a million dollars in the lotto tomorrow, I wouldn't spend a cent of in on the game. There's just no incentive to do so anymore because no one unit will change my game experience meaningfully enough. Not that I was anything more than an anchovy or herring anyway, I've bought about 120-140 orbs total since launch, and I figure that's a reasonable price to pay over the lifetime of any game.

Same, I would play during downtime.  I feel like I lose interest in playing console games after playing FEH

I said I would never spend money on this game again...then I saw Spring Kagero. Lol

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I feel the same as you when I started to play FEH, but I push me to play others games (FE 3DS,Castlevania...)to do not lose my interest on console games. I recommed the same to you, maybe playing an old game you like ? 

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Damn it Ike, couldn't you show up a second time after I sacrificed your first copy to Cherche?

z9yR12m.png

@Glennstavos

Ha! I'd pass you my spare ike so long as you don't mind a +Res/-Spd nature. Only marginally worse than the Ike I do use at +Res/-Def. I've been doing a bit more HM farming myself, but most of my caps are healers that have capped previously at 4000 while I was getting a good rank in the last TT. I could use some more feathers to finance promotions for Sully, Gaius, Florina and other low tiers.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I'm just wondering why the hell they'd name it something like Draconic Poleax if it wasn't actually effective against dragons. :/

Im almost positive that its called Draconic because of it having the same effect as Draconic Aura. So it likely does that and poleaxe effect. 

13 minutes ago, Loki Laufeyson said:

Im almost positive that its called Draconic because of it having the same effect as Draconic Aura. So it likely does that and poleaxe effect. 

That's stupid then. Draconic refers to dragons. And we need more green anti-dragon weapons. I'm shocked IS hasn't given us anymore due to how fucking dominant and stupidly OP Nowi is.

@AnacybeleI'm guessing it's a nod to Titania's Japanese name, Tiamat. Tiamat is a Mesopotamian deity who is depicted as a dragon in some sources. In modern media Tiamat appears often as a dragon

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

@AnacybeleI'm guessing it's a nod to Titania's Japanese name, Tiamat. Tiamat is a Mesopotamian deity who is depicted as a dragon in some sources. In modern media Tiamat appears often as a dragon

So? A "Draconic" weapon still strikes me as something that should be effective against dragons.

No. I'm saying that it just might be that they're naming it draconic because of the word's association with Tiamat. We'll have to see what the effect will be, but if it's not dragon effectiveness then it's just the localization team pointing out her original name

47 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Ha! I'd pass you my spare ike so long as you don't mind a +Res/-Spd nature. Only marginally worse than the Ike I do use at +Res/-Def. I've been doing a bit more HM farming myself, but most of my caps are healers that have capped previously at 4000 while I was getting a good rank in the last TT. I could use some more feathers to finance promotions for Sully, Gaius, Florina and other low tiers.

Oh thanks. Perhaps I shouldn't tell you that my Ike was +ATK, but Heavy Blade was needed urgently. 

I still don't know why I had to complete the Grind, perhaps just because there was nothing left to do. 

32 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

No. I'm saying that it just might be that they're naming it draconic because of the word's association with Tiamat. We'll have to see what the effect will be, but if it's not dragon effectiveness then it's just the localization team pointing out her original name

Uh, yes, I knew exactly what you were saying. And my response is still "so what?"

I think I'll just call Katarina's refine the Peanut Butter Cup. 

So NoA has decided that Reese is Katarina's original assassin name? It does go well with Clarisse, much as Eine and Kleine intentionally do in Japanese, makes sense.

The issue/question I have is they explained Katarina's true name in FEH before? If they haven't, well it'll leave a lot of people wondering who Reese is.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The issue/question I have is they explained Katarina's true name in FEH before? If they haven't, well it'll leave a lot of people wondering who Reese is.

They have. Paralogue 7-3:
Screenshot_20180701-022943.png

So there's been speculation that July's Legendary might be Micaiah. If that's the case, I suspect there might be a Tellius banner. Any thoughts on what that potential banner could potentially be?

My thought is probably a Dawn Brigade banner with Laura, Nolan, another version of Sothe, and Meg (which kinda upsets me because...Brom), with one of them being a TT unit.

Assuming there even is a Tellius banner and assuming Micaiah is July's Legendary, of course.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

I like the units chosen to get upgrades.  I have a bunch of 4 star Titanias, maybe if the upgrade is really awesome and one of them is ideal IV I will upgrade.  I also got an awesome +spd Katarina as an off focus pity breaker on on the HoT banner, I'm excited to see what her PRF tome will be.  I don't have Nephenee but she needed the upgrade as well, she is mostly thought of as wrath fodder even though she has a pretty good statline.  

All 3 units were very popular characters in their respective games, all 3 units are somewhat forgettable performance wise in Heroes even if they aren't actually "bad".  In addition Nephenee and Katarina are 5 star locked even after the pool rework, and they want to justify that rarity.  

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

That's stupid then. Draconic refers to dragons. And we need more green anti-dragon weapons. I'm shocked IS hasn't given us anymore due to how fucking dominant and stupidly OP Nowi is.

You....dont have a Nowi counter on your squad? If you dont have them already, try pulling for Deirdre and/or Julia. Nowi crumples to them. Nowi is thicc, but not that difficult to take down. 

42 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So there's been speculation that July's Legendary might be Micaiah. If that's the case, I suspect there might be a Tellius banner. Any thoughts on what that potential banner could potentially be?

My thought is probably a Dawn Brigade banner with Laura, Nolan, another version of Sothe, and Meg (which kinda upsets me because...Brom), with one of them being a TT unit.

Assuming there even is a Tellius banner and assuming Micaiah is July's Legendary, of course.

Dude, Legendary Micaiah would own. But i want Legendary Elincia. Naesala when omg  Legendary Elincia, flying healer with Wrathful so she can hurt stiff too

6 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

So Titania's Axe is called the Mercenary Axe in JP. Huh

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I'm just wondering why the hell they'd name it something like Draconic Poleax if it wasn't actually effective against dragons. :/

3 hours ago, Loki Laufeyson said:

It's called "Mercenary Band's Poleax" in Japanese, but using the "poleax" from Radiant Dawn and not the cavalry-effective Poleax's name.

For people not familiar with Radiant Dawn, every weapon type in that game has an analogue to the Blade weapons (Iron Blade, Steel Blade, Silver Blade), and Poleaxes were that for axes.

My guess for Draconic Poleax is that the localization team already knows the weapon's effect and gave it the name "Draconic Poleax". If this is accurate, then that would imply that the weapon has a dragon-related effect and no cavalry effectiveness.

57 minutes ago, Loki Laufeyson said:

You....dont have a Nowi counter on your squad? If you dont have them already, try pulling for Deirdre and/or Julia. Nowi crumples to them. Nowi is thicc, but not that difficult to take down. 

4* Titanias can take out a 5*+10 Nowi without effort. pretty much any axe user with good res and an emerald axe can do it, though Guard makes it safe as can be.

2 hours ago, Loki Laufeyson said:

Actually, I have Deirdre. But who uses her much in places like the arena or AA? She's really not that great for anything other than killing blue dragons. We need more counters to Nowi than just those two. Nowi counters that are also more useful in general.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's called "Mercenary Band's Poleax" in Japanese, but using the "poleax" from Radiant Dawn and not the cavalry-effective Poleax's name.

For people not familiar with Radiant Dawn, every weapon type in that game has an analogue to the Blade weapons (Iron Blade, Steel Blade, Silver Blade), and Poleaxes were that for axes.

My guess for Draconic Poleax is that the localization team already knows the weapon's effect and gave it the name "Draconic Poleax". If this is accurate, then that would imply that the weapon has a dragon-related effect and no cavalry effectiveness.

I see. Well, in any case. I hope the weapon's effect or effects are good and make Titania better. Frederick needs more competition for best (non-seasonal at least) green axe cav. lol And this is coming from someone who obviously loves him to pieces. :P

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Actually, I have Deirdre. But who uses her much in places like the arena or AA? She's really not that great for anything other than killing blue dragons. We need more counters to Nowi than just those two. Nowi counters that are also more useful in general.

There are actually a lot of Nowi counters. In fact there are a lot of counters for every single unit in this game due to skill inheritance.

Don't lose hope though. As Ice Dragon said there is a high probability that the Draconic Poleaxe will have some sort of effect against dragons.

8 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

There are actually a lot of Nowi counters. In fact there are a lot of counters for every single unit in this game due to skill inheritance.

Don't lose hope though. As Ice Dragon said there is a high probability that the Draconic Poleaxe will have some sort of effect against dragons.

Like who? The only ones I know of are Deirdre and Julia. Falchions are the wrong color.

True though.

4 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Are we getting a updated sprite, or RD Nephenee?

Huh. I'm guessing an updated sprite, I guess. That's not RD Neph, the armor doesn't match.