• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Team Anna here as well (all three rounds), and we were staring down the barrel after starting the final round with just four nodes. When I logged in, the dominant Team Alfonse were pushing hard and threatening to knock the remaining nodes out. For the first hour it felt like I was the only one holding back the tide and I probably prevented a couple of knockouts at least. Then in the final hour, the cavalry arrived and surprisingly we managed to push back, knocking out a couple nodes ourselves and ended up with 9. In the context of how bad it was looking, and ending with 1 node on the previous fight, I'll happily take the 9.

Overall it's probably the worst GC I've been in in terms of reward but at least it's not as disastrous as it would have been if it followed the first event's reward scheme. It's still not fun, but I'm finally used to it enough such that I can win my battles almost always (mostly due to a fully merged and built Cain and Frederick duo from my friends list).

In terms of GC tier, I hit T25 with a couple of recharges left, about the same as the previous event. I wasted one on a battle that ended after the round cut-off, so three is probably the amount of breathing room someone has if they manually do Lunatic for the whole event. (Did a few low-value hard autobattles, basically every morning when I wake up, to make sure I didn't get capped before I got into work for the day and did proper battles)

Poor second account which runs pure hard autobattle ran out of time to spend all the lances, oops. I wanted to see if optimal usage of resources on that difficulty would be enough for T25 (fell half a tier short last time around) but I'm none the wiser about it.

Edited by Humanoid

Was stuck on team Sharena for all three rounds, got a decent amount of feathers all three times.

11 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Poor second account which runs pure hard autobattle ran out of time to spend all the lances, oops. I wanted to see if optimal usage of resources on that difficulty would be enough for T25 (fell half a tier short last time around) but I'm none the wiser about it.

If you get all the lances it should be reasonable to get T25 with just auto-battle. I was getting ~1k points per lance and ended up in T25 with a pair of lances to spare.

(Auto battling the hardest difficulty gets you around 1k if you capture all the forts but the main one, and it should be pretty doable now that the AI doesn't attack when teleporting anymore. I win on auto battle occasionally, but that just compensates for the ones where I don't capture all but the final fort.)

Did pretty well this GC, way better than the last one. My team kept about 15-18 areas during the first 2 matches, which was nice. Last round things were pretty rough since team Anna was really crushing the map, even going as far as 25 controlled areas at once earlier on. But my team(Alfonse) and Sharena's picked things up tonight and turned it around. My team was getting stomped and on 3-4 areas max all day long, but we closed out with 8, so not too bad. We could have had more but Anna got pushed back so hard Sharena ended up taking a chunk out of us during the last 2 rounds instead and they finished with 12 and Anna 10.

Maybe next time I'll try to actually make movement theme brigades to use on the maps that get those bonuses. I've just been lazily using the same mixed brigade which usually works well enough to get all the camps on infernal/lunatic and sometimes the fort. I still comfortably made it to rank 25 with a fair amount of lances left over for some late-round pushes.

Thankfully I did pretty well during the first two rounds of GC because the last round...well... I didn't even check the score during the last few rounds because I was busy. On the bright side, I've now been on team Alfonse 9/12 times. 

tVz4d38.png?1

21 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Thankfully I did pretty well during the first two rounds of GC because the last round...well... I didn't even check the score during the last few rounds because I was busy. On the bright side, I've now been on team Alfonse 9/12 times. 

tVz4d38.png?1

In contrast being on team Sharena who was going well for most of the round ended up with only 3 areas. Anna had 4 and Alfonse sweeped Valentia

to be fair i had work and stopped spending lances once I hit tier 25 last night (cavalry round was really nice for points). All infernal autobattles (except when infernal was locked early on)

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

EDIT 2: The round is now over in Outrealm 10138 with more than 60 minutes left on the clock. Every border node has now been knocked out.

Lol, that's a lot of people who waited until the final round to make a move. There was someone on my team who single handedly scored like 3 knockouts. Must have used 15 crests.

4 hours ago, Falcom said:

So uhh Team Anna started off with around 21 areas at the start of the FINAL ROUND.

Now that 10 minutes remain and all the areas have been knocked out, here are the results from my outrealm (10216 is the number by the way):

Team Alphonse: 15
Team Sharena (my team): 14
Team Anna: 1

21 controlled areas to 1 controlled area in one round. Holy crap I feel so sorry for anyone on Team Anna in that outrealm.

EDIT: Guess I'm not the only one in that situation. As much as I love this mode, it kinda needs some tweaking.

This is part of what make the mode good. It is much better than VG because putting in effort actually gives you results.

This was my best GC yet. Finished with 9, 21, and 15 areas. That's a very nice feather payout.

3 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

This is part of what make the mode good. It is much better than VG because putting in effort actually gives you results.

Before I went to sleep, the round before the last, my team's score was 13; and when I woke up it was 5, so i'm going to completely disagree with you there.

7 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

Before I went to sleep, the round before the last, my team's score was 13; and when I woke up it was 5, so i'm going to completely disagree with you there.

So your team did bad in the last round. It happens. Getting bad results is a bad reason to not like it.

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

So your team did bad in the last round. It happens. Getting bad results is a bad reason to not like it.

This has actually been a consistent thing for me, where you see "putting in effort actually gives you results," I see this as 21ish rounds of padding with a final round of dumping crests being the one that really matters. 

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Did anyone change teams during this GC? I was on team Sharena throughout unlike previous GCs where I would switch teams every round

Yeah, I was Sharena twice and then Alphonse for the 3rd.

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Did anyone change teams during this GC? I was on team Sharena throughout unlike previous GCs where I would switch teams every round

Anna → Sharena → Sharena for me, 6, 9, 15 nodes because this mode is so strategic and exciting.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

You can change teams between rounds? How?

Missed the last orb. I couldn't manage infernal captures this time and even missed a few lunatics. Well it is just one orb.

As for team performance. I view it as a complete crap shot. That last round ends up being the only one that matters and since folks can't coordinate where blows will land it is kinda of just a cross your fingers and hope your team performs. Particularly true if due to your timezone/schedule you don't get to participate in the last round. Still the individual rewards are quite achievable. I really only get on once a day so I lose out on two x8 fights a day. With those I almost certainly would have cleared the final rank. Anyways team rewards I just view as a bonus since it feels as if you have little influence over it. I didn't even really pay attention to what the finishes were, but it looks like this last set was 13.

Anyways while I don't find the mode super engaging I am mostly fine with the way it is implemented. The rewards are doable and it seems like breaking it up over 3 rounds tends to push towards and average overall team hall(or that has been my experience, but I have already admitted to not paying super close attention).

I'm a selfish player for GC. I only used my lances to attack nodes that had all the effects in play, and I used them all way away from the end of the round (though, tbf, the round ended during sleep time for me). That being said, I finally got to tier 25 by playing Lunatic :D Fliers still are the weakest for me, so I was almost left just short right at the end, but managed to pull it across. I hope cavalry bonuses maps are the main one for a final round in the future (I think they're moving) so I can just save all my lances for them. My teams didn't do too badly, I think they were the biggest but not by much in the last round, and similar for the other two. I went Sharena - Anna - Sharena this time.

4 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Does anyone know when the next event calendar is coming?

A day after the the last event of the previous event calendar begins

3 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

A day after the the last event of the previous event calendar begins

Which to be precise would mean July 11th, since the 10th is when the second new summer seasonal banner is coming.

*Offers up a silent hope that FINALLY a banner I would sufficiently like is in the forecast* 

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Which to be precise would mean July 11th, since the 10th is when the second new summer seasonal banner is coming.

*Offers up a silent hope that FINALLY a banner I would sufficiently like is in the forecast* 

No, the calendar goes to the 13th when the TT+ starts so the new one would come out on the 14th.  Either way I am hoping for something good in the new calendar for my Bday which is next week. 

44 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

No, the calendar goes to the 13th when the TT+ starts so the new one would come out on the 14th.

Um, what TT+? There neither isn’t one on the schedule or was any indication one is coming soon in the latest datamine. Unless if I’m missing something, there’s nothing on the current calendar that starts after the 10th.

After getting a couple merges  on my aTiki, I might as well show her gimmicky build.

uzK8VDY.png

It revolve around getting her to vantage range to one shot her targets. Having a sword units or dragon close to her is a bonus.