Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Azure Sen said:

Hinoka's was a revival and the Hector and Matthew BHB didn't start until after the Leg Banner had passed.

But the fact remains that they were there right next to the banners

I'm not saying there will be a Conquest banner, just that there have been in recent memory BHBs that happened to to take place around the time a new heroes banner came out that can be associated with them

Edited by silveraura25

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This wasn’t the point. Nanima was talking about actual popularity, not how Intsys perceives said popularity.

...That's what I was talking about. Actual popularity doesn't mean a thing when Leif is top ten.

11 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I'm not saying there will be a Conquest banner, just that there have been in recent memory BHBs that happened to to take place around the time a new heroes banner came out that can be associated with them

And for the number of special maps that were near related banners, there are twice or three times as many recently that weren't (not going to bother actually counting).

Here's Gamepedia's archive of special maps current up to Seliph and Julia's Bound Hero Battle.

7 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

...That's what I was talking about. Actual popularity doesn't mean a thing when Leif is top ten.

But placing top 10 does mean that enough players wanted the character in the game to vote them that high.

CYL's results for characters that weren't already in Heroes is effectively a ranking of how much the fan base wanted that character added to the game.

On a random note, while looking at the list of Bound Hero Battles, I noticed that the Amelia and Tana Bound Hero Battle had the names in reverse order in Japanese (and Chinese (Taiwan), which likely uses Japanese as the base for translation instead of English). Seems it was reversed in the localization for... obvious reasons with the abbreviation.

26 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

By that logic, the new banner could just as well be FE7 related, since we're also getting the Lucius and Raven BHB revival shortly before the new banner. Not to mention what Ice Dragon said about it being the exception, not the rule.

Also, considering that we haven't gotten an actual Hoshido banner and we just had a Fates banner fairly recently, a Nohr banner would be ridiculously out of place.

Edited by Azure Sen

8 minutes ago, Azure Sen said:

Also, considering that we haven't gotten an actual Hoshido banner and we just had a Fates banner fairly recently, a Nohr banner would be ridiculously out of place.

Wings of Fates counts as a Hoshido banner to Intsys. It had one whole Hoshidan on it and everything.

10 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Wings of Fates counts as a Hoshido banner to Intsys. It had one whole Hoshidan on it and everything.

It actually had at least one and a half Hoshidan on it. So a minimum of half the banner was Hoshidan. And a minimum of half the associated Grand Hero Battle was also Hoshidan.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

My next 20k will give Martha Linus’ Brazen Atk/Spd, and then I might resume merging her up.

That's actually a great idea, I might copy that since I gave mine the sealed refine as well. 

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:
10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Do you like vanilla ice cream?

I do like vanilla ice cream a whole lot… unless it’s some kind of a lewd euphemism.

Not intentionally, I only like stupid puns from time to time. 

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It actually had at least one and a half Hoshidan on it. So a minimum of half the banner was Hoshidan. And a minimum of half the associated Grand Hero Battle was also Hoshidan.

My mistake. I guess this means we'll get at least two full Nohrian banners now to make up for the excess.

Edited by Nanima

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

My mistake. I guess this means we'll get at least two full Nohrian banners now to make up for the excess.

Holy cat, someone’s even saltier than me.

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

My mistake. I guess this means we'll get at least two full Nohrian banners now to make up for the excess. Can't have one route overshadow the other in terms of pandering right?

In that case, I'll gladly take the chef Peri alt I've been wanting.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Holy cat, someone’s even saltier than me.

Well, I always do use soy sauce in place of ketchup now. 

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In that case, I'll gladly take the chef Peri alt I've been wanting.

If she can cook up a Jakob or two while she's at it, I won't even complain. 

26 minutes ago, Azure Sen said:

By that logic, the new banner could just as well be FE7 related, since we're also getting the Lucius and Raven BHB revival shortly before the new banner. Not to mention what Ice Dragon said about it being the exception, not the rule.

Raven and Lucius start before the new banner hits. The Leo BHB stars during the banner's runtime

It could be an exception, but you need to consider every possibility, not deny it. I'm not saying there will be a Fates banner, just that there could be one possibly and clues have been left for previous banners.

Anyways, I'm hoping for Binding Blade. Seriously IS, what's up with you. FE6 was the game you made as means of presenting yourself in a new light, detaching yourself from Kaga. You'd think that next to Awakening it's the most important game in the franchise. Granted, Awakening has only one banner, but it's more than Binding Blade

We did get a Hoshidan banner. There were just kids put into the mix. Granted, it could've just been a Revelations banner. However, all of the characters were in what we consider to be Hoshidan attire and their names are rather Japanese sounding

We also had a Fates banner fairly recently when "Wings of Fate" came out. "Children of Fate" came out in early December. "Wings of Fate" in late April.

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

We did get a Hoshidan banner. There were just kids put into the mix. Granted, it could've just been a Revelations banner. However, all of the characters were in what we consider to be Hoshidan attire and their names are rather Japanese sounding

We also had a Fates banner fairly recently when "Wings of Fate" came out. "Children of Fate" came out in early December. "Wings of Fate" in late April.

So by that logic, Ny!Camilla counts as a full Hoshidan and my anger was entirely misplaced? Colour me surprised. Anyway, most of my salt and refusal to accept WoF as a proper Hoshidan banner, is that when we get Nohr banners, they are completely distinct. Yet Hoshido fans are supposed to be satisfied they have to share theirs with neutral or even straight up Nohrian units so long as they have a Hoshidan paintcoat over them.

Granted, we have yet to receive a standard Nohrian banner, but I'm sure that's just a matter of time. And I get the feeling that it won't just have one Nohr royal alt along with Midori and Dwyer. 

14 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Anyways, I'm hoping for Binding Blade. Seriously IS, what's up with you. FE6 was the game you made as means of presenting yourself in a new light, detaching yourself from Kaga. You'd think that next to Awakening it's the most important game in the franchise. Granted, Awakening has only one banner, but it's more than Binding Blade

Binding Bla...? Oh, did you mean Blazing Sword? Cause I THINK YOU MEANT BLAZING SWORD.

Int System words probably, not mine.

Really, I know Blazing Sword was the game we first got in the States and all, but we all know who Roy is now, I think we can afford to give Shanna a Witch outfit at worst, a lot more Binding Blade representation at best.

Edited by Xenomata

I just realized that the new character banner is a full three weeks in length. No new character banner has ever lasted that long, not even CYL 1, which lasted 16 days. In fact, the closest if I didn't miss a banner was World of Radiance at 20 days.

Call me crazy, but I think I smell CYL 2. Or, you know, I might just be crazy.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I just realized that the new character banner is a full three weeks in length. No new character banner has ever lasted that long, not even CYL 1, which lasted 16 days. In fact, the closest if I didn't miss a banner was World of Radiance at 20 days.

Call me crazy, but I think I smell CYL 2. Or, you know, I might just be crazy.

were we to guess this year agenda with last year' s banners, last year CYL winners come at late august. And speaking about august, last year didn' t have special banner, what do you guys think it will be? 

Oh yesh! The new character banner will appear sooner than I expected.

And the Micaiah banner will appeared in a similar time to the legendary banner; I'll know exactly for which one use my orbs when the legendary banner arrives.

Hm... it's a New Character banner and suspiciously longer than the usual one... I smell CYL2 on the horizion.

Dropping all other potential banners until I see what that banner is about. If it's CYL2, I'm blowing everything I've got on Hector and Ephraim. If it's not (or Dawn Brigade or something of that caliber) then I'll do a couple of pulls and spend a reasonable amount of orbs to snag L!Lyn.

I'm at 24 orbs with the Chain Challenge orbs, Arena orbs, Tactic Drill orbs, Tap battle orbs and soon to be Tempest Trial orbs still to be obtained. I'll be saving for the rest of this month and should easily have over 100 orbs come the new heroes banner. That'll be a record for me.

Though... it'll be hard to resist pulling on the new power banner. I want Wrath fodder... then the Distant DEF banner will have Rhajat who I still don't have... then the fighter skills banner which will likely be Hardin, Effie and M!Grima which is just nonsense. My God the banners are too much with this limited amount of orbs...

Edited by Zeo

I've been asking for month-long new unit banners regardless of them being seasonal, so three weeks is a start.

Someone pointed out that last year's CYL banner wasn't shown on the calendar at all, but obviously that's just a sample size of one but I'm of a mind that it's just as likely to be not-CYL unless a FEH Channel appears within the next week.

Personally though I'm not going to actively change my orb spending at all even if it was guaranteed to by CYL2. I'm sure they'll be good units and all (though to be honest I wouldn't have cared if I never got Brave Lucina at all), but going by last year, it's still going to be a base 3% banner with the same old chance of getting pitybroken, on units that will inevitably be rerun very frequently. I expect I'll spend about as many orbs on it as I do for the typical new unit banners, there's no rush to get them. Even if they represent the beginning of Gen 3 powercreeped BST, the banners that come directly after will probably be similarly powercreeped anyway.

That said, we're about due for a double XP/SP week to level the many new units on my second account that I can't be bothered levelling right now, hopefully that comes with CYL whenever it is.

Edited by Humanoid

I really hope it isn't CYL2... Otherwise it's pretty much alt banner x 2 for seasonals, another alt banner for the 'new heroes' (at least Veronica is new, I guess), and then yet another seasonal. It's gone mental.

Already annoyed about the seasonal since it now seems we aren't going to get an increase of male characters any more and I would love some new characters once in a blue moon. At least they have finally deigned to give us a male red flier and a male colourless (and ranged) flier. Who knows, they might even realise they can also make male mages that aren't infantry again in the distant future...

Current excitement for the game is set to 0.

Edited by Cute Chao

Have you all forgotten that we are in the dark age of alts right now? And it isn’t going to be over any soon. People are getting used to it, and the unhappy minority is too small to be paid attention to.

30 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Have you all forgotten that we are in the dark age of alts right now? And it isn’t going to be over any soon. People are getting used to it, and the unhappy minority is too small to be paid attention to.

I'm actually scared that I'm getting used to characters with 4 alts. IS keeps going beyond limits every time. Soon we'll consider 5 alts to be normal. Ughh