• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Anyone catch what weapon Hrid was wielding? I'm not even sure if it shows in his portrait, but I'm sure most people have better eyes than I do.

The four-person banner has returned ... and this time there's only one alt. The developers make 4-person non-seasonal banners whenever the fuck they want to, I guess, but this makes World of Thracia our most recent gender-balanced banner, right?

I am definedly not surprised that Ylgr is a good girl and Helbindi is a bad guy. The story in FEH is straight forward, with the writers being unable or unwilling to make it complex and engaging. It will be nice knowing you Hríd, I just have a feeling he wont be with with us for long. 

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Anyone catch what weapon Hrid was wielding? I'm not even sure if it shows in his portrait, but I'm sure most people have better eyes than I do.

The four-person banner has returned ... and this time there's only one alt. The developers make 4-person non-seasonal banners whenever the fuck they want to, I guess, but this makes World of Thracia our most recent gender-balanced banner, right?

Doesn't look like you can see what weapon, but we'll find out in a few hours anyway.

Just now, Johann said:

Doesn't look like you can see what weapon, but we'll find out in a few hours anyway.

Ah. But yeah, I suppose as long as he has a visible weapon in his full portrait, or is a unit on the map, we'll be able to tell what he's wielding.

On 7/20/2018 at 12:22 AM, Sunwoo said:

Ah. But yeah, I suppose as long as he has a visible weapon in his full portrait, or is a unit on the map, we'll be able to tell what he's wielding.

Can't see it, but I'd guess some kind of melee fighter based on his armor being a lot like Fjorm's

Edited by Johann

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

Can't see it, but I'd guess some kind of melee fighter based on his armor being a lot like Fjorm's

IMG_0317.thumb.PNG.46986fc8410c6d5988308afa7ccb151a.PNG

It looks like he may be holding a weapon in his left hand, like how Alfonse holds Folkvangr in his art.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

It looks like he may be holding a weapon in his left hand, like how Alfonse holds Folkvangr in his art.

I was thinking that too, yeah.

I'm hoping Sumia pulls a Ares and gets demoted alongside the captain obvious Libra. However, my inner cynic says there's no chance in hell, as we haven't had two demotes since... a full year. 

3 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I'm hoping Sumia pulls a Ares and gets demoted alongside the captain obvious Libra. However, my inner cynic says there's no chance in hell, as we haven't had two demotes since... a full year. 

We also haven't seen three new characters on a single banner in like a whole year so who knows 

34 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Crossing my fingers they at least demote Sumia, too. I smelled a Sothe in her until I saw Libra had a worse skillset than L'Arachel.

As a Libra fan, I'm not sure if I want this or not.

Do I.

Do I want this.

13 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

If Seth's anything to go by I wouldn't hold my hopes but there's always a chance that IS will feel generous and take Sumia down with Libra, as unlikely as that is.

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

There's a huge fallacy with Knoll and Gleipnir. The tome isn't Knoll's in Sacred Stones. It belongs to the royal family of Grado and afterwards to Ephraim after he defeats Grado in the war, he gives it to Eirika to keep in her route or he stays with it in his own route, same for Garm. They can't wield the weapons in-game but the sacred twins of Grado belong to the Renais twins as they got them as spoils of war and that's a fact.

And to make it as clear as possible, Gleipnir didn't make Knoll special as one can choose to give the tome to Ewan instead so no one gets dips on the tome in FE8. 

About enticing units there's no need to go spefically for one thing, Ayra doesn't have Balmung and is still one of the most desired units in the game. Karla got a Prf that didn't exist and is one of the most powerful and sought after units. There's no need to close your mind and think "If this unit doesn't get x no one will want them". If IS wants they will give the unit a broken af weapon to ensure people pull for them. This applies to Reina too, not being the only Kinshi hasn't doomed her to irrelevancy unless IS decides to do so when she releases. Strong stat spreads/broken Prf weapons/new inheritable skills/nice art. There's a lot of ways to make a unit enticing to the public. The concern here is if they made those unpopular heroes as TT rewards because IS seems bent on making those as underwhelming as possible, that's the thing you should be afraid of because if they appear on a banner they're going to be good no matter what.

Interdimensional observer explained it well.

The channel was okay, at least we are getting tons of orbs.  So maybe I will be able to afford putting a good amount to not only the legendary banner but also for sketchy summer.  

Spoiler

Man. The quality of GHB heroes has been through the roof unlike the TT ones. Walhart is such a fantastic unit. His weapon gives him +3 def passively and +4 to all stats if number foes is equal or greater than number of allies withing two spaces. He also has Grani's Shield, Luna and Chill Def. Grani at 3 stars and Chill def 3 at 5 stars

His stats make him out to be a better Frederick

Edited by silveraura25

13 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

His stats make him out to be a better Frederick

Nah man, the only thing he has really going for him over Frederick is a unique weapon, which is simply different, not necessarily better. The differences between their stats are pretty small, so they'd functionally have the same roles that are determined more by their setups than anything else.

Also I can't say I'm happy to see Libra be voiced by Cindy Robinson again. Having a deliberately feminine voice just comes off as so odd and kinda redundant to me. 

So ... after I got my random Lene on the summer banner, I thought that I'd finally gotten all the dancers again.

And then they release a new dancer. UUUUUUUGH.

25 minutes ago, Johann said:

Nah man, the only thing he has really going for him over Frederick is a unique weapon, which is simply different, not necessarily better. The differences between their stats are pretty small, so they'd functionally have the same roles that are determined more by their setups than anything else.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant as in the gen 2 BST. Frederick has 153 BST and Walhart

Spoiler

Wow. Walhart can basically get +10 merge stats except HP with his weapon so that makes up for his GHB status.

Edited by silveraura25

Frederick 4*+10 vs Walhart 5*+2 is the proper measure for me. Close enough such that the cheap route is probably close enough to optimal: enemy phase Walhart, player phase Frederick, and benched Marth. I've been flip-flopping on Freddy's role so much all year.