• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Rival domains again this week! I wonder if they quietly killed off relay defense because the majority of people hated it, or if they just forgot it existed.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Rival domains again this week! I wonder if they quietly killed off relay defense because the majority of people hated it, or if they just forgot it existed.

Hopefully they kill it. It is an abomination that should not exist. The stat inflation is fucking crazy. If they want the stat inflation, they should at least buff the players' stats too like in Arena and Grand Conquest.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I was wondering that too. Hopefully it's really gone. If so, hurray for (rightfully) angry feedback!

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Yes please! But all Firesweep effects or only those on colorless weapons? 

firesweep yes, staves no! healers give up a weapon refine for stat boosts and their B skill for a firesweep effect, meanwhile firesweepbusers only give up enemy phase (which most staff usrers dont have anyway)

20 minutes ago, LoneWolf2003 said:

Is someone building brave Lucina here ?

Here's some builds a user made. Scroll down for other people's opinions

Chill Spd with Harmonic Lance is a good option, but it's more oriented on taking down sword units. There are also occasional blue lance match-ups it'll help you with and maybe Frima

Edited by silveraura25

@Vaximillian Eh, this would still only really punish colourless, due to Raventomes not doing much against anything else. While I agree that the Dazzling menace needs to be stopped, I think Firesweep bows are far too uncommon to really need such a targeted campaign. Besides, I think archers are the last unit type that would require a nerf anyhow. Let's start with DC armours.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Yes please! But all Firesweep effects or only those on colorless weapons? 

firesweep yes, staves no! healers give up a weapon refine for stat boosts and their B skill for a firesweep effect, meanwhile firesweepbusers only give up enemy phase (which most staff usrers dont have anyway)

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Absolutely all firesweep. They have created cancer, they must tear it out.

I think melee Firesweep isn't that bad. 

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

True, healers already have some disadvantages. 

How often do you people encounter Firesweep bows that this is such a complaint? They can't even show up in arena that much, unless we are talking Jakob, in which case, again, go for the armours. Really, archers are mostly low tier and rarely used as it is. No need to kick out their last leg in the race.

So two weeks in a row without Relay Defense makes me think IS quietly scrapped it. It must have gotten quite the uproar for a whole mode to be canned entirely, and it looks like a first for the game. Several modes had mixed to unenthusiastic reception but still managed to press on such as Tap Battle and (initially) Grand Conquest but managed to press on. Then there’s the Voting Gauntlet which is panned (at least in the west), but I guess it’s more popular domestically? There’s a possibility that we haven’t seen the last of Relay Defense and that it’s just being indefinitely shelved until it receives an extreme makeover. Either way, this has to be quite the embarrassment for Intelligent Systems.

I think even if many people dislike tap battle and VGs it's not been to the same degree. Relay Defense seemed to annoy people enough to actually go send upset feedback through the game about it. Assuming it's actually gone, I guess a quiet removal is the best we could hope for, since not like they're going to make an embarrassing announcement like, "we heard how almost everyone hated our new mode, so it's back to just RD now." I do think it has a good chance to pop back up with some "tweaks," but if so I guess they need more than a couple weeks to do it. (no hurry, IS)

I do think Relay Defense will be back eventually. The concept was fine, but the execution of it was terrible.

That said, I don't have any ideas offhand on how to make the mode better. The biggest problems were (1) that enemies had stats that were too high to deal with in a reasonable manner and (2) that the result was that choking the enemy was the optimal strategy. I think that as long as the enemies have stats that can't be dealt with reasonably, the mode will have problems, but it would also limit the amount of difficulty that the developers could put into the mode.

One idea could be to allow the unlimited use of Arena Assault items in the mode. I know I have a ton of those items lying around.

They're probably just trying to get all the emblem teams have their runs of domain and then go for relay.

Stats were too much, but I personally liked this new mode. Was hesitant at first due to the playstyle of this mode being different than what I'm accustomed to. Has potential, but IS has a Abyssal boner right now

Regarding firesweep, you can have shit defense/resistance, but if you have enough spd to negate doubles then it can be very annoying to face. Especially with the case of firesweep lancers. Of course, ranged units have lower BST and most of the time that means shit physical bulk. But that doesn't mean someone hasn't done something about it for their defense team. Like defensive buffs and such. Heck, even Atk Smoke

Edited by silveraura25

Relay Defense was awful with the stat bloat and just kind of boring without it. It didn't seem like a very interesting mode on a fundamental level. I'd rather just play more Rival Domains instead. Between this and Tap Battle the new modes have been mostly a miss for me this year. At least Grand Conquests became alright after the revisions, though gameplay-wise it's just RD with an extra layer to it.

Heroes with Ploy skill doubles down on color like expected. Deirdre, Sonya and Lute. Free summon on green that's for sure.

Edit: it was my first Soren at 4*, so now i'm mad that the dude that often attacked 3 times a turn has a skills like watersweep in him. They couldn't even give him Windsweep for consistency sake?!

Edited by RexBolt

39 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Relay Defense was awful with the stat bloat and just kind of boring without it. It didn't seem like a very interesting mode on a fundamental level. I'd rather just play more Rival Domains instead. Between this and Tap Battle the new modes have been mostly a miss for me this year. At least Grand Conquests became alright after the revisions, though gameplay-wise it's just RD with an extra layer to it.

Domains had the problem of just being auto battle. You could get enough of a score on infernal with just the press of one button. Relay requires player input. But I can understand something different from what many are used to appearing nauseating

My only real issue with Relay Defense was the interface. You can't change your brigade between relay rounds, and you can't redeploy them, meaning if you wanted to have a different team for, say, team 3 you have to surrender and go to the brigade menu and edit there. You also need the spawn locations memorized since you can't change their starting locations during the fight itself.

I'm fine with the stat inflation because, honestly, it's still not high enough that +0s would have problems with the mode---if the random level 40s they gave you were set rather than random, it should be pretty simple to find some default unit clears. The biggest problem is still being able to hit your targets and being able to either back away or generate enough unit-turns to kill everything. (The kill everything method takes major investment due to Galeforce being expensive as hell, but at least Galeforce comes from Cordelia rather than being 5* locked.)

Just changing it so you get a tempest trial/arena assault menu between teams and/or a redeployment screen would fix most of the issues for me.