Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m more willing to bet most players are excited for this reward.

lol seriously? There's no reason to be excited for such a reward. Fury fodder? Already easy to get since not only Hinata has, but Bartre and Jagen too. Sure, Bartre and Jagen don't get Fury 3 at 4 star, but Fury 2 is better than no Fury.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've had dozens of him. Fury fodder is no issue to me. Also, Bartre has it too, so...

Not everyone does. I remember when I was in desperate need for Desperation and the game wouldn't give me any Shannas like 6 or 7 months. Sure, like with Bartre, Mae comes with it too, but you need to promote them first and 20k feathers is a steep price to pay every time. By the time I got another Shanna, I was as happy to see her as if she was a 5* exclusive.

This doesn't even mention how I only got my first Abel last week. And I have playing since launch. I am sure many people are as starved for Hinatas as I am for Shannas.

Plus to me, it works out great as I actually want to make him +10 one day. It's a great free reward. 

Edited by Nanima

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've had dozens of him. Fury fodder is no issue to me. Also, Bartre has it too, so...

That is why I said not everyone pulls the same units so while you may have a lot of one type of fodder other players don't.  Plus not everyone has tons of feathers to waste on skills.  

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm more willing to bet most players are disappointed in this reward

Not really, no. Free Fury 3 > spending 20k for a Jagen/Bartre any day of the week.

15 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Not everyone does. I remember when I was in desperate need for Desperation and the game wouldn't give me any Shannas like 6 or 7 months. Sure, like with Bartre, Mae comes with it too, but you need to promote them first and 20k feathers is a steep price to pay every time. By the time I got another Shanna, I was as happy to see her as if she was a 5* exclusive.

This doesn't even mention how I only got my first Abel last week. And I have playing since launch. I am sure many people are as starved for Hinatas as I am for Shannas.

Plus to me, it works out great as I actually want to make him +10 one day. It's a great free reward. 

Then that's a bummer. That's what luck is about. It's still a terrible free reward for most players.

13 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

That is why I said not everyone pulls the same units so while you may have a lot of one type of fodder other players don't.  Plus not everyone has tons of feathers to waste on skills.  

See above.

5 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Not really, no. Free Fury 3 > spending 20k for a Jagen/Bartre any day of the week.

And any nice 5 star unit > any fodder any day of the week.

Edited by Anacybele

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

lol seriously? There's no reason to be excited for such a reward. Fury fodder? Already easy to get since not only Hinata has, but Bartre and Jagen too. Sure, Bartre and Jagen don't get Fury 3 at 4 star, but Fury 2 is better than no Fury.

I am pretty happy about this new way to get skills in general, if you save up orbs as f2p you will see soon how limited even 4* skills are.

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm more willing to bet most players are disappointed in this reward.

Huh, funny. I don’t see anyone here as vocally disappointed as you are, or other FEH focused mediums for that matter. ?

Look, if aren’t satisfied with what we’re given, fine. No one is saying you should be happy with it and we can agree to disagree. But your words don’t speak for others, at least in this case. To be blunt, you’re making yourself sound ignorant. 

Edited by SilvertheShadow

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Huh, funny. I don’t see anyone here as vocally disappointed as you are, or other FEH focused mediums for that matter. ?

Look, if aren’t satisfied with what we’re given, fine. No one saying you should be happy with it and we can agree to disagree. But your words don’t speak for others, at least in this case. To be blunt, you’re making yourself sound ignorant. 

You say my words don't speak for others, yet you just spoke for others here by implying you think most people are happy with the reward. Your words don't speak for others either, if mine don't.

2 minutes ago, Stroud said:

I am pretty happy about this new way to get skills in general, if you save up orbs as f2p you will see soon how limited even 4* skills are.

It's not really a new way to get skills though? A new way to get skills would be like a skill shop or something.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And any nice 5 star unit > any fodder any day of the week.

Implying the hypothetical five-star would have been a “nice” one. A free Hinata is useful for everyone.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Implying the hypothetical five-star would have been a “nice” one. A free Hinata is useful for everyone.

He isn't useful for players who don't care about him or getting common Fury fodder.

Edited by Anacybele

Free Hinata sounds great to me, he's easily one of the units i use most for skill inheritance.  I find that i pull a lot less Hinata that I'd like given how cluttered the red pool is.

I'm curious what other units will be given out this way.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

He isn't useful for players who don't care about him or getting Fury fodder.

Fury is among the best budget skills around there, though. Not everyone cares about those five-stars or their fodder either.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's still a terrible free reward for most players.

I am interested as to how you are aware of the Hinata/Fury quota of the majority of players. 

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Not as difficult as pulling a specific 5 star. A 3-4 star is still a common unit and in Hinata's case, he's also not very good and only used for fodder. A 5 star character would be a better reward that would make players want to do the event more.

lol it's kinda funny - because i have so many 'discount fury." (ahh batre and Jagen), and i simply don't like the skill. (i must be the only person who doesn't). i don't think my units are strong enough to experience the self-killing - i never get a healer to them in time. and I saw some combos of fury + renewal (but not a lot of renewals). Now if it was Selena ;) for reposition, now we're talkin! ;) 
(but a free character is a free character so can't complain)

On 10/6/2018 at 11:26 AM, Landmaster said:

I managed Berkut with S!Innes (I think any Green Axe should be fine), L!Ike (Ike is amazing for the map, he takes out everyone in the lefthand side), S!Catria (But she didn't do much, any Blue Ranged unit with decent defense can work or PheonixMaster suggests Ursula for her Calvary Tome if you have her) and any Dancer (you've got plenty XP)

For the BHB, ended up not being too bad. I used Swordhardt, B!Lyn, and two dancers. You just need to managed to take out Ishtar and Reinhardt before the attack and Reposition/Dance everyone out of the way to be able to beat everyone else

I have Swordhardt (at 40), and Brave Lyn. ... so i could try this with my two dancers. (I need to clear the last map). that's a good idea. i could go in with Hosh!Micaiah and PA! Olivia and see what happens. :) thanks!

(i'll try to remember this for the next time Berkut comes around. I know Berkut's Lance is good for Effie/Gwendolyn and I can sacrifice one Berkut for that). 

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's not really a new way to get skills though? A new way to get skills would be like a skill shop or something.

Yeah, its not entirely new. Its just in another package. But don't forget that we will have the chance to get some GHB and TT units again through this. Some players still hope to get 10 merges out of them. 

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Fury is among the best budget skills around there, though. Not everyone cares about those five-stars or their fodder either.

Why would people not care about 5 star units? Isn't pulling for good 5 stars what makes money in this game?

5 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I am interested as to how you are aware of the Hinata/Fury quota of the majority of players. 

It's not so much that more than it is that Hinata is a common 3-4 star unit with skills that can be obtained other also common ways. Fury? Bartre or Jagen. Ruby Sword? Olivia, Seth, Stahl, etc. Brash Assault? Also on Bartre. Pavise? Not sure if anyone even wants that one.

To change the topic, anyone got any idea how to beat the new Earth grounds? These armors' defenses are so high that I can't scratch them even with weapon triangle advantage. And I don't have any armor slaying weapons to use since I gave those characters other blessings.

12 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Yeah, its not entirely new. Its just in another package. But don't forget that we will have the chance to get some GHB and TT units again through this. Some players still hope to get 10 merges out of them. 

or at least one :)
(come ta mama Joshua!) 

I'm very happy for this event reward, since I have plenty of units that would like Fury and Hinata never shows up for me. I can probably count how many copies of him I've gotten since launch on my fingers. Even my Arvis has been using just Fury 2 for like a year since that's how backed up my que for the skill is compared to how few Hinatas I get.

13 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'm very happy for this event reward, since I have plenty of units that would like Fury and Hinata never shows up for me. I can probably count how many copies of him I've gotten since launch on my fingers. Even my Arvis has been using just Fury 2 for like a year since that's how backed up my que for the skill is compared to how few Hinatas I get.

One Hinata will only give one unit Fury 3 though. He won't help those other units. You can't reuse a manual or barracks unit for skill fodder.

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

If the getting Hinata event is "everybody  play fury units in the next days", how would a M!Marth event look like? 

Everybody uses anti-dragon units? That's the only thing masked Marth has because they decided giving a unit no skills was a great idea. It would also be kind of accessible since Chrom, Marth, Roy, and adult Tiki are 3* to 4* summon and masked Marth could be another reward prior to this event. So, that only really leaves Alm, paladin Chrom, Deirdre, Hoshidan Festival Elincia, Julia, legendary Marth, kid Tiki, poncho Tiki, and summer kid Tiki as units who are 5* locked and/or limited.

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

I wonder how a Arden event would look like. Would it be Heroes with Brave weapons? Or Heroes with follow-up skills?

Heroes that have Speed lower than 10. Yes!

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

One Hinata will only give one unit Fury 3 though. He won't help those other units. You can't reuse a manual or barracks unit for skill fodder.

That's one more unit crossed off than before.