Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

@Vaximillian neat team, i wish i summoned more from white pool since i only ever have 1 copy of each of the fodder thief. SPD tactics when IS

17 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Owain isn't a special snowflake with his Blue Flame. Everyone, except healers, can have it. EP builds are better now, but PP is still a dying breed in arena, especially among mages

PP mage still have the bullshit that is Ophelia

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

neat team, i wish i summoned more from white pool since i only ever have 1 copy of each of the fodder thief. SPD tactics when IS

I know, right? Grey pool is still terrible even if there are such nice folks there like Legault, Klein, and Sothe because for every Legault, Klein, or Sothe there are dozens of Gaiuses, Jakobs, Virions, and various healers.

Spd Tactic when indeed. But hey, they are spreading wave skills around with a generous hand. They are on their way to becoming the hone skills of today at this point. Maybe Spd Tactic can squeeze into the general pool one day.

11 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@Vaximillian neat team, i wish i summoned more from white pool since i only ever have 1 copy of each of the fodder thief. SPD tactics when IS

PP mage still have the bullshit that is Ophelia

Mages. Not 1 mage.

9 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Mages. Not 1 mage.

Bladetomes still does ten billion per hit. Something like Nino and Rein with their ussual support is still the easy go-to cheese strats for almost everything since the way arena works(or at least the way it works before the change) is still kill one unit and you win, something that Blade into repos did. 

Honestly the new trend of forgoing speed kinda makes some PP builds run easier and as they keep releasing OP units the less OP units that is more min maxed died off. Its much harder to kill optimized Effie than it is to kill unoptimized Hardin(and nobody runs optimized Hardin) for example

OTOH the other takeaway is Mage went from "Ranged attack is completely overpowered wtf IS" they were back in 2017 into "you have broken shit use them". Just like Armolrs generally still as terrible as they were without Fighters, Mage sucked without Blades. Which is p sad but eh

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Bladetomes still does ten billion per hit. Something like Nino and Rein with their ussual support is still the easy go-to cheese strats for almost everything since the way arena works(or at least the way it works before the change) is still kill one unit and you win, something that Blade into repos did. 

Honestly the new trend of forgoing speed kinda makes some PP builds run easier and as they keep releasing OP units the less OP units that is more min maxed died off. Its much harder to kill optimized Effie than it is to kill unoptimized Hardin(and nobody runs optimized Hardin) for example

OTOH the other takeaway is Mage went from "Ranged attack is completely overpowered wtf IS" they were back in 2017 into "you have broken shit use them". Just like Armolrs generally still as terrible as they were without Fighters, Mage sucked without Blades. Which is p sad but eh

Bladetome users have the problem of not doing enough in one hit and even then there are enemies in arena optimized for taking ranged damage. There are also a bunch of enemies negating follow-up attacks. Pretty likely they'll die. And even then, desperation requires set-up

@Etrurian emperor Quick! Act shocked. We'd be able to fool her that way

Edited by silveraura25

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So Loki is a dragon then. Geeh, who could have seen that one coming.

Well, the entirety of FE franchise itself still have Fomortiis and Ashera. it's still not explicitly stated she is dragon, just not human

although I wouldn't be surprised if she's really a dragon.

23 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Well, the entirety of FE franchise itself still have Fomortiis and Ashera. it's still not explicitly stated she is dragon, just not human

although I wouldn't be surprised if she's really a dragon.

She shapeshifts all the time into a bunch of people, right?

My bet is that the same that happened to Xane happened to her. 

I am planning to build a +10 Silas in the future, but I don't know what IVs I will use. I have a +Def/-Spd Silas and a +Atk/-Res Silas,. Which one you guys consider the best one to invest?

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, RexBolt said:

Possible, possible

I'm not against the odds of her being an actual dragon, just point it out it's not explicitly stated, she can be other entities as well.

56 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am planning to build a +10 Silas in the future, but I don't know what IVs I will use. I have a +Def/-Spd Silas and a +Atk/-Res Silas,. Which one you guys consider the best one to invest?

Does he need his Speed? I would generally go for +Atk, but if Spd is an acceptable bane on him, +Def would be better so he doesn't take a hit to his bulk~

1 hour ago, RexBolt said:

That makes sense.  Of course Loki in Heroes is pretty close to the Norse god Loki who was known for changing into different people and genders.  But yeah, her being like Xane and that she is a dragon who lost her stone is probably what will happen.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I would go for [+Def, -Spd] so he can kill with a stronger Special as he is more easily doubled.

Edited by XRay

55 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Does he need his Speed? I would generally go for +Atk, but if Spd is an acceptable bane on him, +Def would be better so he doesn't take a hit to his bulk~

40 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would go for [+Def, -Spd] so he can kill with a stronger Special as he is more easily doubled.

Thanks for the tips. I will probably keep the +Def -Spd for now. I can also increase Silas' Atk with a Reprisal Lance+ if I want, and with +Def he has 39 (43 with a Def refined weapon).

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

bTfVZZa.png

Lookin' awesome now. :D Good IVs I finally got! He's +Atk, -Spd now. <3

That's a nice Silas you have. I am also thinking of give him a Reprisal Lance+, since I got a Sumia today.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's a nice Silas you have. I am also thinking of give him a Reprisal Lance+, since I got a Sumia today.

I'd go for it, he really loves that weapon! Even with -Atk, he can get the job done with it. I should know, my Silas was -Atk before this merge. :P He just has even more use with better IVs!

3 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Yeah, built like a truck, and will hit like one too, once Bonfire procs.

That's the idea! He's basically blue Frederick, a hard hitting tank on a horse, and both come with armorslaying weapons to boot. I really hoped IS would make Silas blue Freddy and they didn't disappoint!

Now I have two tank husbands on horses. :3

9 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I can also increase Silas' Atk with a Reprisal Lance+ if I want, and with +Def he has 39 (43 with a Def refined weapon).

If I recall correctly, if you want him to increase his total damage output, I would switch to Slaying Lance and Ignis.

I remember I did the math once somewhere and switching from Bonfire to Ignis will deal more than 12 damage, and that 12+ damage is not affected by the color triangle.

Edited by XRay

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

If I recall correctly, if you want him to increase his total damage output, I would switch to Slaying Lance and Ignis.

I remember I did the math once somewhere and switching from Bonfire to Ignis will deal more than 14 damage, and that 14+ damage is not affected by the color triangle.

This is true, and I even run Slaying weapon + Ignis on Freddy. But I haven't had any fodder for Slaying Lance, sadly. Reprisal Lance was just there first and I'm sticking with it for now, I guess until I can get Slaying Lance+.

3 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

@Anacybele: Don't tell me you're planning to S-support them too? :XD:

lol no. Freddy already has an S support with legend Ephraim (Ephraim is basically THE perfect partner for him), and Silas is getting his S support with Summer Corrin (because Fates OTP).

You can also try a Berkut's Lance build since his res is pretty decent. With a res boon and res refinement he'll reach 36/35 defensive stats during EP without skills and seals