• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

23 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I want dagger units to disable/be immune to traps so they'll be technically accurate, more useful in AR and I'll have an edge since I use Matthew in my offense team.

Even better, make dagger units be immune to Gravity effects so they can be even more useful in other modes :D

13 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Yes, you think that I got where I am from never running into armors. Because you can't imagine someone is good enough to deal with them without having high BST. The entire impression I got from talking to you is, frankly, that you're bad at the game.

You don't even bother doing the math to see if my units are capable of killing +10 armors after 1 stack of savage blow, 2 stacks, or if they took an enemy phase combat before hand.

I bet you even think I run different teams in Aether Raids specifically to deal with armors.

don't. My first season of Aether Raids I used the same team for all but one match, and in that match I brought the Lyn Reinhardt combo in, not out. (The team was Cordelia, Azura, Aversa, Horse Lyn.) And the reason I don't post screenshots of my team stomping armors in Aether Raids---whereas I post them styling on horses---is because armors are fucking trivial.

I’m sensing that you may have had problems with reading comprehension in school.

Staying in Tier 21 with +0 bonus units takes things like dancers, ranged attackers, healers, and Savage Blow off the table. Obviously with all of that stuff every fucking enemy type is trivial you twit. I have several +10 healers who are capable of doing that, but I can’t run them in the Arena because they don’t score well. When I do use my horse team or my Infantry team with Genny and Axura to clear daily quests quickly, yeah, it’s easy as shit.

And no, you don’t run into the same caliber of Armors at the lower score ranges that you do in the 746+ range. A big part of why they are difficult to deal with is because you have to use high scoring units and skills instead of the ones that are capable of trivializing them. Like what you may often hear about good sports teams “they make you play their game”. Another reason it is hard is because you have to feed every kill to your bonus unit without using things like Pain+ double Savage or dancers.

And yes, in the hands of a player controlled team, Armors are the best units in the game when it comes to killing shit in a 1v1 setting.

Aether Raids are completely different from the Arena. Obviously, full Armor teams are not ideal, but not many people run those anymore. Even in the high scoring ranges of the Arena it’s mostly mixed teams with Tactics skills. 

Why does everyone complain about Hrid's lack of character development.  Hrid was just introduced into the game.  You don't develop a character on their debut...

Is it just because people are salty that he's gotten so much love just for his art?  But its ok with when it happens with a female?

6 minutes ago, Youth said:

Hrid was just introduced into the game.

He was introduced into the game back in the story chapters, where he did jack shit. In the recent forging bonds—his other real possibility for development that he missed during the story—he got jack shit.

He has, in fact, got so much love just for his art.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

He was introduced into the game back in the story chapters, where he did jack shit. In the recent forging bonds—his other real possibility for development that he missed during the story—he got jack shit.

He has, in fact, got so much love just for his art.

In the very last few story chapters.  He's had literally 3 chapters and a forging bonds to 'develop' - less than anyone.  How has Ylgr, Gunnthra, Fjorm, Anna, Alfonse, Sharena, etc. etc. developed at all?  How much did fan favorite FE characters like Ike develop in that many lines of dialogue? 

1 minute ago, Youth said:

In the very last few story chapters.  He's had literally 3 chapters and a forging bonds to 'develop' - less than anyone.  How has Ylgr, Gunnthra, Fjorm, Anna, Alfonse, Sharena, etc. etc. developed at all?  How much did fan favorite FE characters like Ike develop in that many lines of dialogue? 

None of those whom you’ve mentioned developed at all, except arguably Alfonse and maybe Fjorm. And that sucks. Why are you singling out Hríd and Hríd alone?
I struggle to see Ike’s development in two whole games, but I’m not going there again.

15 minutes ago, Youth said:

Why does everyone complain about Hrid's lack of character development.  Hrid was just introduced into the game.  You don't develop a character on their debut...

Is it just because people are salty that he's gotten so much love just for his art?  But its ok with when it happens with a female?

I don’t it’s an issue strictly with Hrid. There’s a select group of people whose opinions of OCs (original characters) range from indifference to active dislike. I won’t name names though. 

I personally don’t mind any of them myself, as the one I don’t care for at all is Surtr. In fact, I quite like Sharena, Fjorm, Hrid, and Ylgr. However, I can see why some people might not like them (especially those from Book 2), because to be honest, they weren’t given much to work with aside from Laegjarn and perhaps Helbindi. The Askr trio has shown flashes of character but haven’t really capitalized on it. In Hrid’s case all he got the the fact he went toe to toe with Surtr and ultimately failed, but it was presented in a “tell but don’t show” fashion which was something of a missed opportunity. Overall they lack the nuance of other characters like Marth, Lyn, Ike, Eirika etc because they had an entire game where their personalities could be explored . 

Original characters are needed in games like these because otherwise if it was just left with the poster boys/girls of the FE series then it’ll likely result in some messy, nonsensical fanfiction. At the same time, it wouldn’t hurt to attempt to give such characters some depth and material. As such, I think they’re fine for what they are, though it certainly wouldn’t hurt to take the next step forward with them.

31 minutes ago, Youth said:

This is news to me, LOL, what's so special about Hrid's art?

13 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

nothing? 

47 minutes ago, Youth said:

and i like a lot of male character's arts. I really enjoy Niles, Sothes, L!Ephriams, Lewyn's Bartres (when i use him), Cain's, Abels, etc. 
art is art, regardless if it's male or female. 

I even like Hrid's voice actor (I know that he got flack for sounding like a 'nerd'. whatever that means in the long scheme of it all. but if the argument is "he was just introduced to the game." that's the point.. he was introduced and he did nothing that we've seen.  I know a lot of people take issue with that you're introducing legendary heroes and there are 3 Nifl siblings and what have they done of legend? Nothing. I said this in the thread when he got released. - their story is being told. people like L!Robin (infamous in the legendary sense), Marth, Tiki,  the Twins. their stories are told, etc, that's why they are being summoned to fight. 

had Hrid etc really been developed say in book one, even if it was more tell don't show then it's like had he arrived you've gotten this "legend" of a prince. who finally returned and wants to help.but he hasn't done truly anything of note (neither has Gunnthra) to really warrant anything. 

and I'd beg to differ on you don't develop a character on their debut. any good book worth their salt has a character that grabs you almost right away with their first few actions. (their first lines, or if they don't speak how the narrations introduces you to them.

21 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

You somehow missed the fact that everyone thinks he's hot? :P That is practically the only reason I've seen from people that wanted him to be summonable lol

And as for his character development, I don't really care that he didn't get any. What I do care about is that he got the Legendary Hero status for appearing in literally one or two chapters, same with Gunnthra. And yes, characters don't really develop during their introduction but I think everyone (including me) assumes we ain't seeing him again. He's gonna be busy enough rebuilding his homeland and all, kinda doubt he's gonna appear in book 3 often enough (or at all) to actually develop as a character.

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

and I'd beg to differ on you don't develop a character on their debut. any good book worth their salt has a character that grabs you almost right away with their first few actions. (their first lines, or if they don't speak how the narrations introduces you to them.

Also this. Making characters interesting in just a few chapters isn't hard, they did it with Laegjarn and Helbindi. All I know from Hrid is that he's a prince and....he can fight. Oh and he's also a brother. There's really nothing interesting about him at all, I wonder why he even exists, without him literally nothing would have changed.

Imo, Hrid has about the same development as Laevatein. Which is more unfavorable for Laevataein, since she has actually been around in the story a lot longer.

She also has a lot of fans, but I feel like I see people being more angry about Hrid while giving Laevatein a pass.

4 minutes ago, Mau said:

You somehow missed the fact that everyone thinks he's hot? :P That is practically the only reason I've seen from people that wanted him to be summonable lol

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder  hahaha 
I m all about the "hot" summonable-s (may Ephraim of any nature pls come to the barracks).  and I am not gonna knock people who/why they like who they like or whom they wanna summon. (I mean. I wanted S!Innes because of his voice and he's kinda swoony). so if people like Hrid for that, awesome. (I'm not even knocking on him being a Legendary hero, it was gonna happen, i just felt a lot of people should have gone before him. i get kinda why they did it - bookending Book 2 (Fjorm to start, Hrid to finish). and I wonder if Hrid would have gone more smoother had Gunnthra also not have been one. (for what i said - they haven't done anything)

6 minutes ago, Mau said:

Also this. Making characters interesting in just a few chapters isn't hard, they did it with Laegjarn and Helbindi. All I know from Hrid is that he's a prince and....he can fight. Oh and he's also a brother. There's really nothing interesting about him at all, I wonder why he even exists, without him literally nothing would have changed.

and that's... basically where it is. 
yet he's a legendary hero. (and super high in demand). 

okie dokes. 

14 minutes ago, Mau said:

What I do care about is that he got the Legendary Hero status for appearing in literally one or two chapters, same with Gunnthra.

It was kinda sorta maybe I dunno okay with Gunnthrá because the assumption at the time was that the “legendary heroes” would be the OCs, and the title and status was given to her in advance because she was expected to Do Stuff in the story once the story reaches her. We all know how that one went, though, and the third “legendary hero” being Ike didn’t help it at all.

The main reason I like Hrid, Gunnthra and Laegjarn is because they are characters who are in their 20s.  As much as I love FE I get sad when I see only teens or old guys be in the games.  Even though Hrid has not been handled well, I still like him because he is not another teen.

44 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

She also has a lot of fans, but I feel like I see people being more angry about Hrid while giving Laevatein a pass.

Yeah. Something similar occurs with Sain/Heather.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

and that's... basically where it is. 
yet he's a legendary hero. (and super high in demand). 

Well, being DC fodder really helps with becoming a popular unit :P

55 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It was kinda sorta maybe I dunno okay with Gunnthrá because the assumption at the time was that the “legendary heroes” would be the OCs, and the title and status was given to her in advance because she was expected to Do Stuff in the story once the story reaches her. We all know how that one went, though, and the third “legendary hero” being Ike didn’t help it at all.

Yeah, I wasn't mad about Gunnthra when she became a Legendary Hero for that reason indeed, I thought it would just be OCs and ok cool, that seems fun. Then all other Legendary Heroes were suddenly existing characters so ok we got used to that and now everyone was looking forward to the next character getting a cool Legendary alt. And suddenly we're back to OCs and also one that was only introduced a few weeks ago and hasn't done shit.

Not only that, but he came after a month of banners with (almost) only alts and OCs, so the newest Legendary also being an OC didn't help Hrid's popularity in any way.

Edited by Mau

So we might or might not get a trailer tomorrow/tonight. I'm personally hoping for it to happen before Feh channel, because then Feh could talk about something more important. Banners themselves only need a trailer. Why is there a need to repeat info? We would have known what the Thracia heroes would have been like even without Feh talking about them

13 hours ago, Troykv said:

It would be an Alt kind of; but a very special case because it gives us a "What If" instead of just a Class Change.

It's not all that "what if" compared to other things since Sanaki does actually have concept art of her being older.

15 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

So we might or might not get a trailer tomorrow/tonight. I'm personally hoping for it to happen before Feh channel, because then Feh could talk about something more important. Banners themselves only need a trailer. Why is there a need to repeat info? We would have known what the Thracia heroes would have been like even without Feh talking about them

Feh will just be trolling us for 10 minutes about how great the next Focus is.

Yeah, I hope she does not talk about the next Focus either since we can just watch the trailer ourselves. If she does talk about it, I hope she does not spend too much time on it.

3 hours ago, Mau said:

You somehow missed the fact that everyone thinks he's hot? :P

Missed that totally, I would never have listed him among the hot characters at all, asdgfhjkl~ Well, that's an interesting tidbit~