• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Honestly unless Tibarn has Galeforce access (in which case R.I.P. Cordelia, I loved you), I'm still more interested in Robins' tomes'. Something like 'unit is always considered adjacent to all other units' would be low key amazing for buffing and debuffing---on top of always giving and receiving Ally Support---but being realistic, it's probably going to be Spectrum Link at best. Which is meh.

But that's why I'm interested, of course---it could be hilariously amazing, but it's also possible that it's more or less irrelevant.

Tibarn is cool, but I’m worried about how they are going to implement the transformation. Is it on a cycle, like three turns on three turns off? Every other turn? And can they still fight when untransformed? 

Summon tickets are nice to see. 

Not feeling the new seasons. I really hope they aren’t necessary for being competitive. 

Love the new characters’ art/style. 

All in all I was a bit underwhelmed by the Feh Channel. Was hoping for a way to upgrade gen 1 units for a flat 5 BST increase or a better balance for the Arena. Something to freshen up the older content. Instead it seems to be all in on Aether Raids. 

8 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

All in all I was a bit underwhelmed by the Feh Channel. Was hoping for a way to upgrade gen 1 units for a flat 5 BST increase or a better balance for the Arena. Something to freshen up the older content. Instead it seems to be all in on Aether Raids. 

Same. The game's been getting stale for me for a while now and while Aether Raids were initially very fun, they just feel like a worst version of Arena at this point. Current Arena is a pain, but if I do all my matches in a single day, I don't have to worry about doing it for a week and while it does have something related to defense, it only rewards defense wins with a small reward. Meanwhile I'm forced to play Aether Raids every day to stay competitive and you can lose nearly half of your progress because of losses. 

To shake things up, we really need something to do with all our units that's not competitive and PvP oriented as well as refresh to the summoning pool so that I don't have to rely on the same few skills all the time.

9 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Tibarn is cool, but I’m worried about how they are going to implement the transformation. Is it on a cycle, like three turns on three turns off? Every other turn? And can they still fight when untransformed? 

I was thinking it might be a their/player phase thing. On their phase, they transform and their stats are however good they are along with what stuff they can do like Tibarn having 3 movement. After that, when not on their phase, they revert back and have their stats lowered.

Maybe something like, I don't know what Tibarn was like in his games, but say when he's transformed, his stats are 42/33/37/33/28 and yes, I know that's 173 BST. When he's not transformed, his stats are 42/27/32/25/22 (148 BST) which essentially gives him melee infantry/flier dancer BST. Health doesn't change since I don't know how they would handle something like that where transformed they have +X more health.

The obvious problem to this is that it would make them very stupid player phase units. Those stats I threw out would be an armor unit with unrestricted 3 range movement. If they're not a weird armor-beast hybrid unit, then they don't get access to stuff like Bold Fighter and they'd likely disintegrate on enemy phase, but they'd be very obnoxious to deal with on their phase.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Is it actually done being under maintenance?

Maintenance is about the server data. Datamining is about the client data, and we’ve just had that one updated.

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

I think our prettiest icon yet.  The art looks really good and high class.

I still like Veronica’s the best.

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

I think our prettiest icon yet.  The art looks really good and high class.

Kozaki's art for this book is some of the most detailed I've seen from him, especially Eir's and the official picture for the book with Sharena in the background. 

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Maintenance is about the server data. Datamining is about the client data, and we’ve just had that one updated.

Ah, got it.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Why not Kent? I’m pretty sure there is a way.

I used an icon off Reddit that someone had made back when Finn was released.

That being said, it would probably be torment to see Kent as my icon and have no Kent in the game :( 

Gimme Kent already, dang it >.< 

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m rather happy to have Kozaki back.

It’s not like I didn’t like Maeshima, of course, don’t get me wrong.

Totally agree, the designs are killer, I think! Really glad Kozaki did the work again, it's so detailed and the main image is stellar!

Also I love the new icon, it's 100% my favorite, because I generally dislike loli characters (sorry Veronica!) and Fjorm I thought was ugly (sorry girl, I know you're dying!). Excited for the datemine though.

I feel extremely disappointed that this isn't our next mainline Switch title. Three Houses already felt bland and flat for me, this just makes it even worse.

The theme, artwork, trailer, every material used in this reveal could've been an astounding and ambitious sequel, feels really wasteful to have it all just be used in a phone game...

Also pretty glad that it seems like Kozaki is finally starting to get some appreciation for his work, after so much hate he got for simply drawing controversial designs.

Edited by thanny

...is it bad that this is making want to start up a new game after i just quit? it'd have to be f2p this time, but i think i got what i wanted from my last game to manage it.

Also, Kozaki freaking NAILED Hel's design. it's perfect for her. And i don't think we'll get these new generals at the end, not like with Muspell.

Edited by silverserpent

23 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

And i don't think we'll get these new generals at the end, not like with Muspell.

I'm certain we will. Maybe as mythic heroes or something rather than normal ones, but if they're giving us Surtr, they're giving us everyone.