Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Units that sacrifice defensive stats like L'arachel will greatly benefit from this.

Also, you now only need the boon for the unit regardless of bane.. Nature hunting became a lot easier. I guess we should call it boon boon hunting

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I see.

A lot of units won't benefit from it though. Those with a bane in a really low stat, like Reinhardt or Hrid with their super low Spd, won't really see any difference with extra points in their Spd if it's their bane.

So, I'm still confused at how this change does much good without also increasing the boon or something.

It's gonna vary in usefulness by unit, sure. It's good news for units with less extreme stat spreads like, say, Ike, especially if your luck is crap with getting the right stats. My own Ike is -HP, and this'll give him 4 more HP.

I am so happy about the merged units, since when I merged my Fjorm I did not notice my base was +atk,-def so her not having -def anymore makes my f2p guide using much easier.  I have some other units this will help too, my -spd Rein and others.  Basically this help if you keep pulling a unit with bad IVs, this will help players like Rezzy who keep getting -atk banes.  Having it just be getting the right boon in great, now I have one less thing to worry about when merging:)

Edited by EricaofRenais

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I see.

A lot of units won't benefit from it though. Those with a bane in a really low stat, like Reinhardt or Hrid with their super low Spd, won't really see any difference with extra points in their Spd if it's their bane.

So, I'm still confused at how this change does much good without also increasing the boon or something. It would benefit some units, but I don't see it benefiting many.

It doesn't do anything for units with a bane in a stat they don't care about, but it's helpful to all the other units.

• It stops being a problem for a merged unit to have a suboptimal bane, since the bane goes away. This makes it easier to get a copy with optimal stats, since you only have to worry about the boon.
  • Decently fast units with fine mixed defenses can get use out of any of their stats, so they're happy to not have to pick any of them to give up.
  • Neutral units get a small increase in multiple relevant stats, helping make up for their loss of a boon. This is especially important for GHB/TT units, since they can't get boons.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I see.

So, I'm still confused at how this change does much good without also increasing the boon or something. It would benefit some units, but I don't see it benefiting many.

Many powerful units will be relatively unchanged, but many mediocre units that were bad because their stats were "too balanced" will get a small boost. They don't want to lower any existing unit's stats, so this is a way of "averaging" the units to make some of the weaker ones a little bit more usable. (Units like Hardin that have multiple super banes will also like the change.)

I like the idea with bane. Gives me more reason to start merging my Sophia. Speed is her bane anyway, but with Owl and a bit more speed she might not get doubled by certain units. Also no more crying on atk- bane. 

Selena and Athena will also be happy about it. Only downside. There are some units who might want HP- for reasons. And now their HP range will be too high if merged. It increases anyway with merges...So some setups may become more difficult. 

Edited by Stroud

1 minute ago, Stroud said:

Only downside. There are some units who might want HP- for reasons. And now their HP range will be too high if merged. It increases anyway with merges...

Just remembered that Celica wants -HP to get into unique refined Ragnarok's Brazen Atk/Spd more easily.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I see.

I don’t think this was implemented to increase the viability of units. This looks like a way to help players that pulled bad IVs, while also encouraging players to pull more. For example, Julia pity broke me twice. I’d love to use her, but both of the ones I pulled were -Atk. With this change, I’m more open to investing in her because her Atk will be fixed now.

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Just remembered that Celica wants -HP to get into unique refined Ragnarok's Brazen Atk/Spd more easily.

Yeah, she is a good example. But she still gets the chance to survive a bit more. Her def value is not that bad, that she can maybe survive one DC counter with that. But Overall I think more units gain of course. And not caring anymore about atk- bane is a relief. 

10 minutes ago, Khid said:

I don’t think this was implemented to increase the viability of units. This looks like a way to help players that pulled bad IVs, while also encouraging players to pull more. For example, Julia pity broke me twice. I’d love to use her, but both of the ones I pulled were -Atk. With this change, I’m more open to investing in her because her Atk will be fixed now.

Yeah, they certainly do want to encourage more merges. You're likely right that most will appreciate the IV fix above a tiny stat increase.

Well, I suppose I can understand the change now. My Frederick actually will benefit a bit still since Spd isn't worthless on him and the boost will let him reach a pretty decent Spd stat. He can already get to 36 with Hone Cav + Goad Cav buffs.

8 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Only one new male having became the new norm does make it increasingly unlikely that someone's favorite male is getting in. Fans of Neasalla probably need to worry because Tibarn already filled the sole slot reserved for males.

Except if the banner is purely non-Dragon Laguz, no Beorc, nor 3DS beasties, we have a very limited selection of females. Nailah, Lethe, Lyre, Vika, and Leanne. Hopefully Leanne would come with Naesala, sorta like Lene and Ares as a couple in a slight way.

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

wouldnt mind a Drag queen banner (but Forest better be in it!!!)

Wonder who'd they pick? There are too many possibilities for me to process them all. Dorcas would look ridiculous being so muscular, although Hawkeye would be worse, and that might provoke a laugh or two. I could definitely see a Fates Royal, but which? Would Leo in a little black number, with crimson rouge lips and Nohrian purple heels, send his fangirls into ecstasy, or rage?

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

No one cares about Juno (except me). She isn’t thirteen.

I sorta do. At the very least, I offer pity for her stats. Dayan isn't that bad, a little low on Str, but perfectly usable; his parallel in Juno is just atrocious.

1 hour ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Melady is the no-brainer choice though. 

Strangely, the ancient poll they used for initially determining a lot of the FE6 and 7 characters who got into FEH, placed her at 27th place among the BB crew. She ranked lower than every other flier but Juno! Even Gale ranked higher than her! (Nergal and Sonia got near dead last oddly too BTW.)

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

We had Young Azura last month, so why not Young Roy? His title would be "Young Young Lion".

More like Lion Cub, which is a cute moniker.

Also, at Etrurian was alluding to, we have this:

CG50.pngFE7RoyFE7Lilina

But if we're going to start going crazy for Young alts, we all know what we REALLY need is Baby Nowi! Using a kart as a "horse".

Hmm, I don't like the bane fixing update. My -HP Cordelia and Roy will have even more trouble to enter in Desperation and WoM range. 

On the other hand I'm glad I don't book 5* units. 

12 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

So I just retroactively realized I'm pissed about my Laev merges. Went with the +def/-res one over the +atk/-spd one because I wanted her to avoid some doubles. Now that speed flaw wouldn't even have mattered. Probably hoping for too much to have them give some way to repick the base merge. Not actually sure that'd even be possible without just taking it on good faith.

Yeah, I threw away a +SPD/-ATK Delthea and NY!Camilla... also some other units where a merge could have helped my base copy. 

Also I could switch to +SPD/-ATK Laevatein now, even if I came to like her current +DEF boon.  

11 hours ago, Zeo said:

So let me get this straight... for the update to merging allies, the first merge is an auto patch for the unit's bane (or Flaw, being the official term) and every merge going forward gives the normal stat increase. Which effectively means.... banes... have been removed altogether. That's incredible. In the case of a +10 unit, it would be simply +SPD, +ATK, etc. That's a huge QoL upgrade, even if it kind of sucks when fighting against +10 units, 

I'm not so happy to be honest. Many EP units wanted a SPD bane to get doubled and many PP units wanted lowered bulk to easier get into Brazen/Desperation/WoM range. 

Also they make people regret how they started their long-time merging projects. 

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Except if the banner is purely non-Dragon Laguz, no Beorc, nor 3DS beasties, we have a very limited selection of females. Nailah, Lethe, Lyre, Vika, and Leanne. Hopefully Leanne would come with Naesala, sorta like Lene and Ares as a couple in a slight way.

I doubt we're getting herons yet anyway, probably next time around.

I'm hoping we get Ranulf and Lethe to round out the banner, plus a Sephiran GHB. Although maybe they'll want the fourth unit to be a lion or tiger rather than a second cat. None of those scored particularly well on CYL, though, while Tibarn/Nailah/Ranulf/Lethe all did. Caigneghis is the closest by a fair margin, though. (Personally my choice of big cat would be Giffca, but he scored pretty horribly.)

A refine for Divine Naga and bane removal for merges? Julia just got so much better... *evil laugh*

From the notifications I'm really going to enjoy this new update. My insistence on always merging and never using a 5* for SI is going to pay off so much. I've got 158 individual 5*s right now, and 62 of them (39.2%) have at least one merge. Bye bye banes.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I'm not so happy to be honest. Many EP units wanted a SPD bane to get doubled and many PP units wanted lowered bulk to easier get into Brazen/Desperation/WoM range. 

Yeah. It will be great if they can tweak certain skills like Fortress skills to be -Spd instead of -Atk and give us additional ways to manipulate stats.

Edited by XRay

I'd like to see Sue on the new Binding Blade banner (Shin too, but he scored pretty badly so I don't expect him anytime soon). It's ridiculous that our only bow cavaliers are a brave hero and a seasonal while they're ignoring Midir, Sue, Rath, and Astrid. Brave Lyn's busted, yes, but that can also be attributed to Sacae's blessing. Bow cavaliers are not going to break the game.

I'm really excited to fix some of my crippled units like +1 +spd -atk FGrima. I don't have too many that are bad IV'd AND have a merge, but still a welcome change.

I guess there's a couple losers from this change too, though. Like back when I did calculations for Beruka builds I think she actually lost some kill potential due to merges upping her speed. She was one of the few who really did want that lower speed and now that'll be taken away. I guess with everyone else that drops speed gaining it back as well it might not matter. Not a big deal either way, but it was just something I was thinking about. I guess some units wanting -hp for precise Desperation activation may be put off a little too.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'd like to see Sue on the new Binding Blade banner (Shin too, but he scored pretty badly so I don't expect him anytime soon). It's ridiculous that our only bow cavaliers are a brave hero and a seasonal while they're ignoring Midir, Sue, Rath, and Astrid. Brave Lyn's busted, yes, but that can also be attributed to Sacae's blessing. Bow cavaliers are not going to break the game.

right? Astrid. pls!

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

I'm really excited to fix some of my crippled units like +1 +spd -atk FGrima. I don't have too many that are bad IV'd AND have a merge, but still a welcome change.

I guess there's a couple losers from this change too, though. Like back when I did calculations for Beruka builds I think she actually lost some kill potential due to merges upping her speed. She was one of the few who really did want that lower speed and now that'll be taken away. I guess with everyone else that drops speed gaining it back as well it might not matter. Not a big deal either way, but it was just something I was thinking about. I guess some units wanting -hp for precise Desperation activation may be put off a little too.

i rather they didn't do this but just have items that can remove flaws (but you can't increase the boon). this way if you want the -spd (or -hp), then poof take this item. 
if you doni't want it you're not impacted. 

10 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

right? Astrid. pls!

i rather they didn't do this but just have items that can remove flaws (but you can't increase the boon). this way if you want the -spd (or -hp), then poof take this item. 
if you doni't want it you're not impacted. 

It does seem a bit odd how they're implementing like this, but I mean overall I can't complain. It's still totally worth it to fix some of my crappy IV units, that's for sure. Plus merged neutral freebie units get a little stat boost too, which is sweet. Merging up units like Aversa is just made even more worthwhile now. And making a TT unit +1 with the initial copies doesn't feel like as much of a waste this way either. (I wouldn't have bothered to +1 our upcoming NY TT unit, but now that she'll get even more extra stats I think I will)