Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I don't see much hope for Tracia. Maybe Mareeta will eventually get added but Sety is definitely going to hog one of the spots despite being a FE4 character, with with a third spot going to a third Reinehardt alt.  And then Tracia has to wait another whole year for a bone throne their way. 

I certainly don't think we'll be seeing Tracia this half of the year. We know Binding Blade is coming and I doubt that IS wants to do a banner of two games the don't have any faith in, in such short a time spawn. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Ronan as a bow cavalier would be nice, but would rather Midir or Rath or Sue show up first. Isn't Kempf a mage knight instead of a paladin? Either way, I'd be fine with him as the next GHB, would be confused as hell if he found his way onto a banner.

We both made an error. 

Kempf is indeed a Mage Knight, dunno why I got that wrong when that makes sense given his hated "companions" both being Mage Knights. He has a Venin Sword and Thoron, so Blue Tome. A Freege thing.

Ronan is Bow Infantry. Robert is the Bow Cav.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ronan is Bow Infantry. Robert is the Bow Cav.

Oops, lol. I don't know why I thought he was a bow cavalier. In which case, it'd be interesting if he brought with him a magic bow that targets res as a reference to his weird growths, but I don't think they'll do that. At the very least, they won't do that for a Thracia character.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Oops, lol. I don't know why I thought he was a bow cavalier. In which case, it'd be interesting if he brought with him a magic bow that targets res as a reference to his weird growths, but I don't think they'll do that. At the very least, they won't do that for a Thracia character.

Nina's Shining Bow seems like their take on that.

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Glyphcalibur

Every source I've seen calls it Grafcalibur. Unless you pronounce your y's like a's or the localization team is being their usual steaming pile of shit.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Every source I've seen calls it Grafcalibur. Unless you pronounce your y's like a's or the localization team is being their usual steaming pile of shit.

I saw Glyphcalibur once, and ran with it because f = ph is a thing, like phlegm, I ignored the a. And because it sounded like a possible word, as opposed to random letters, which admittedly wouldn't be unheard of in FE, el-tomes and all.

Although "Grafcalibur", even if the "Graf" is supposed to be an actual word or part of one, could perfectly reasonably be used officially, since we also have Bolganone. I don't think Bolganone is an actual thing, and I think I saw at least one fan translation call it Volcannon, which sounds to me Bolganone is actually supposed to be Volcano. But what do I seriously know?

Or maybe it's Gryphcalibur? Like a Gryphon- a mythical winged beast.

According to SF's mythological references page for Jugdral, Graf is probably right. As Graf in German means "Count", not wholly inappropriate for Jugdral.

Mea culpa.

Also, thinking on a weapon for Kempf, I decided to toss his Venin Edge (it's Poison Sword in FEs 8 & 9, Venin Edge in Tellius) and Thoron in a blender. Sipping a Pure Water made the lightning bolts shooting out less painful, and I chugged an Antitoxin afterwards so I don't get tetanus or worse from the shards of metal that went flying. A Miracle Ring was worn just in case, and Claud was on standby.

The result was Venin Thoron, which was too coarse and flavorless, so I added a lock of Valtome's hair, turning it into Valthoron. That still being too rough, I pulsed three times and got the smooth concoction called Valthunder, because it rolls off the tongue so easily. If I took a little more license with the recipe, I could make it into Liar Thunder.

Since Kempf is scheming and evil, he does have those Portcullis and Murder Hollace traps in T776, the idea of a corrupted Thunder tome, like Valtome's Valaura, would make sense. The effect can be whatever, and like Valaura in RD, I'd want it be usable by any Blue Tome. Just an idea.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

They have to open some kind of skill-shop, skill upgrade system or whatever that uses non realmoney currency. At this point its getting silly to built up your favourite unit. I get it why newest skills wont be on there, but god put at least skills that are 6 months old on it. Its gotten to a point where that one of the selling points of FEH (customization) is basicly fucked because we still have almost only access to the skills from launch day... I get it that they want people to pull for units, but its gotten to a point where its starting to drive people more away from the game then actually encouraging pulling!!!
And no GHB and TT unit inherit skills are NOT the solution to this.

Also a form of being able to upgrade the BST of olde units to current gen would be nice via ressources you can collect.

On 1/8/2019 at 7:09 PM, mampfoid said:

If you mean the castle, I can quit the app there via back button. 

I meant the initial screen when you boot up the app and someone screams Fire Emblem but apparently it went away so it might have been something temporary with my phone. 

Edited by Flying Shogi

They dropped the update, finally.

Guess I’d better go redo my AR Raiding Parties.

Edit: And I should probably think about what Naga & Divine Naga refinements mean for Julia, too. Hm.

Edit 2: Naga’s refinement says:

In combat against a dragon foe, disables foe’s skills that “calculate damage using the lower of foe’s Def or Res” and “calculate damage from staff like other weapons,” and unit can counterattack regardless of foe’s range.

That’s a localization mistake, right? Because it sure reads like it only negates the staff damage calculation effects of Dragon foes.

Edited by LordFrigid

42 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Edit: And I should probably think about what Naga & Divine Naga refinements mean for Julia, too. Hm.

In combat against a dragon foe, disables foe’s skills that “calculate damage using the lower of foe’s Def or Res” and “calculate damage from staff like other weapons,” and unit can counterattack regardless of foe’s range.

That’s a localization mistake, right? Because it sure reads like it only negates the staff damage calculation effects of Dragon foes.

Probably worded badly. What they meant is mystic boost with one part having a restriction

43 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I think it's technically accurate but meaningless. It has the Mystic Boost effect against dragon foes, and that's what the Mystic Boost effect entails, but the staff part can't apply to them.

7 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

On the topic of the update what happend to the merging changes? Saw the my +1 winter Cecilias' stats haven't changed, neither did Eirika get the new buffs when I had her in the merging screen.

Because it's scheduled for February (iirc), not for the beast update that just happened.

I'll wait for the anniversary update before I make any major decision on what to do with this game, but Vax may have had the right idea on how to proceed at this point, at least if there isn't anything happening concerning availability/the frustration of all the nonsense that is thrown at us. It's just tiresome.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

localization mistake.

But i am happy for the Naga refines it did the job what it needed to do: Solidify Deirdra and Julia again as overboss dragonkillers.

Bonus points for Julia also being a Staff tanker and killer with the new upcoming C-Skill and she actually can bait Dragons because she has built in Close Counter

Bonus points for Deirdra also being a dragonkiller boss but solidifing her role also as a mage killer with her high Res. Also helps her a bit against distant counter users (just a bit)

The new Tyrfing update is kinda confusing. I mean its interesting but it doesnt really help Seliph much against magic users, but it can be very good against melees so he can keep Brash assault going.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Doesnt adress the issues of Fliers. This is going to be the year of fliers. It allready started last year, but i can see us cry at the end of this year for flier nerfs. They have been getting too much lately and were allready in a very solid good spot. Spring camilla with Sturdy Impact will annihilated anything that is physical damage related.
They are clearly implementing lately Anti-Armor skills to negate the mess they created with Bold Fighter... its just not helpfull when those skills are A: not available B: occupy the A-Slot that is needed for Duell Skills in Arena lulz (besides the need to kill with Bonus unit). So its kinda a useless skill outside of Aether Raids, because for PVE you definitly dont need those skills. And Aether Raids is allready a mess of mages *shrug*