• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Why are our next two banners seasonal?  Are they trying to get people to quit?

Good question.

Time for everyone to send complaints, looks like.

>January 22 - February 5
>"Special Heroes"

What the fuck why are there more special heroes what is even present during this time period? Lunar New Year? This didn't exist last year what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

EDIT: This had better be just a mass repeat of all of the first year's seasonal units for people who missed them or want to merge them up or something. That'd make a bit more sense than celebrating New Years twice and being less than two weeks long. If it's a legit new seasonal banner, I will be very upset.

Edited by Sunwoo

24 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

>January 22 - February 5
>"Special Heroes"

What the fuck why are there more special heroes what is even present during this time period? Lunar New Year? This didn't exist last year what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

EDIT: This had better be just a mass repeat of all of the first year's seasonal units for people who missed them or want to merge them up or something. That'd make a bit more sense than celebrating New Years twice and being less than two weeks long. If it's a legit new seasonal banner, I will be very upset.

What? It's not two weeks long, my screen says both seasonal banners are a month long. 1/22 to 2/22 for the first and 2/7 to 3/7 for the second. Well, for people in the Pacific. Move a day forward for other timezones. :/

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What? It's not two weeks long, my screen says both seasonal banners are a month long. 1/22 to 2/22 for the first and 2/7 to 3/7 for the second. Well, for people in the Pacific. Move a day forward for other timezones. :/

Oh. My bad. I was looking at the log-in bonus dates.

Either way, stupid fucking seasonal banners where we don't need any more of them. How long until they just make every banner a seasonal banner?

The timing of the banner is quite strange... I would have easily though it's a Moon Festival Banner... if wasn't for the fact we didn't have one last year; and last year pretty much gives us the standart of what we would expect from seasonal banners.

• New Years
  • Valentine
  • Spring Festival
  • June's Brides/Grooms
  • Swimsuit Summer 1
  • Swimsuit Summer 2
  • (Summer/Fall) Arts Festival
  • Halloween
  • Winter Festival (Christmas)

Maybe a Collab with Cipher/TMS/Warriors? Who knows.

BTW; if this thing ends up being a setsubun banner or something like that; I hope it takes the place of the Art Festival; like Festival in Hoshido did with Performing Arts.

Edited by Troykv

I'm cool with more seasonals, though my orbs may not be. More chances to get fun alts of characters I like. If I don't like them, then I can just continue trying to save (which is mainly for.. more seasonals. I can never get a break).

Main issue with seasonals is that they can't demote and add skills to the low rarity pool.

That said, I don't really mind them either. My box is kind of overkill for content other than AR, and AR is too demanding for me to enjoy it as a mode.* So the skill demotion thing doesn't really matter.

*Like, making the most difficult content in the game being the content you get no retries for and you have to do it every day? Seriously? Tactics Drills might be harder (I haven't actually tried first attempt clearing Tactics Drills, even though it happens sometimes), but I actually like Tactics Drills because I choose when I spend time and effort on the mode.

Soooo, when they were advertising a Radiant Dawn banner in january and a Binding Blade one in march, I didn't guess they would literally be the next two New Heroes banners...

I don't get seasonals. They should be rare events so that they be special. Now, they look to be more likely to happen than New Heroes banners.

48 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Soooo, when they were advertising a Radiant Dawn banner in january and a Binding Blade one in march, I didn't guess they would literally be the next two New Heroes banners...

I don't get seasonals. They should be rare events so that they be special. Now, they look to be more likely to happen than New Heroes banners.

Well... How many banners we have in the Year?

The banners that are properly Seasonal Banners are:

• New Year
  • Valentine
  • Spring
  • June's Brides
  • Summer 1
  • Summer 2
  • Arts Festival
  • Halloween
  • Winter (Christmas)

And whatever this new banner it's?

There are 9 Banners that are properly Seasonal Banners; not exactly half of the year (each year has like between 22 and 25 Banners) despite looking like that because this banners are long-ish and there are few periods of time without at least one running.

2018 had 16 "New Heroes" Banners and 9 Seasonal Banners.

But I can understand the New Heroes Banners number looking surprisingly high; because some people would have their doubts considering "New Heroes" Banners Stuff like Arrival of the Brave, Adrift and the banners with OCs.

Edited by Troykv

Gonna have to wait until I get the tickets from Forging Bonds before I summon again. This feels like coupon clipping, but with RNG. Goddamn, game. On the bright side, I summoned Tibarn. Two more please. I'd like Sturdy Impact for Flora and maybe CYL Celica. :p

after exhausting all the orbs from easy paralogues and hard story, I finally got Tibarn...at -Atk/+Spd. As well as a more-or-less neutral Nailah. Now, if the orbs from hard mode give me a not-negative-Atk Tibarn or Reyson, I will be satisfied until the Mythic banner.

10 minutes ago, redlight said:

*Rings bells* you're dead

Nah, it just signified a steep decline in RNG luck. I probably won't get Arthur or Achilles when they show up because Hassan took every ounce of luck from that game.

14 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The official Japanese names for Cain (Akaneia) and Cain (Thracia) are Kain (Akaneia) and Cain (Thracia), which would make Cain (Akaneia) and Kain (Thracia) even more fun.

Sharing names isn't new, either. Japan has it happening with at least three pairs of playable characters (that I remember off the top of my head), リンダ (Linde and Linda in English, Rinda and Linda in Japanese), カムイ (Kamui and Corrin in English, Kamui and Kamui in Japanese), and グレイ (Gray and Asugi in English, Gray and Gurei in Japanese).

It would be amusing. 

I know there are some in the Japanese version but I still see no need for it. So many names to choose from - even the slightest difference can help. Of course, I say this from the pov of a fanart hunter who hates having to wade through the wrong fanart when looking for characters xD 

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Main issue with seasonals is that they can't demote and add skills to the low rarity pool.

That said, I don't really mind them either. My box is kind of overkill for content other than AR, and AR is too demanding for me to enjoy it as a mode.* So the skill demotion thing doesn't really matter.

*Like, making the most difficult content in the game being the content you get no retries for and you have to do it every day? Seriously? Tactics Drills might be harder (I haven't actually tried first attempt clearing Tactics Drills, even though it happens sometimes), but I actually like Tactics Drills because I choose when I spend time and effort on the mode.

i always feel the best way to do this, is that for every other seasonal, you can get like 4 star versions of the older ones. they'll never ever do it but i mean it would be awesome. 

just in case this hasn't been mentioned
Naliah's B skill can only be inherited by infantry. 
(Myrrh is sad). 

1 hour ago, Troykv said:

Stuff like Arrival of the Brave, Adrift and the banners with OCs.

CYLs are not new heroes by definition. Come on, it’s all alts.
Adrift was not new heroes. Seriously, it was all alts and even Mikoto got an alt before getting in.
OCs were new heroes but some of them should not have been.

Really unhappy when I saw the Event Calendar. Does this mean again we're waiting over a month for more story? 

Also, seasonals will mean most likely a minimal amount of guys being added. Probably no new characters at all. They raised my hopes with the RD banner but I see they're already continuing with the alt fest of last year. 

*Sigh*

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

I don't get seasonals. They should be rare events so that they be special.

The term "seasonal" is assigned by the fandom. Assigning all the connotations and emotional baggage of "seasonal" to Special Heroes Foci makes about as much sense as assigning the term "IV's" to Assets and Flaws, and then expecting a +Atk unit to have 5 more Atk than its neutral variation even though Assets and Flaws has been observed to only have a stat variation of 3 or 4 from the base value, not 1 or 2 nor any number from 5 to 31.

Special Heroes are special for being available for a limited amount of time and are not available in the general summoning pool. Special Heroes Foci themselves were never super rare and Intelligent Systems has never implied them to be rare events. An individual Special Hero may be rare compared to regular Heroes since they are harder to obtain, but Special Heroes Foci are not that rare compared to New Heroes Foci.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

CYLs are not new heroes by definition. Come on, it’s all alts.
Adrift was not new heroes. Seriously, it was all alts and even Mikoto got an alt before getting in.
OCs were new heroes but some of them should not have been.

By definition though, New Heroes is not the same as new characters. New Heroes is a technical term referring to brand new units with unique sets of default skills and stat variations, regardless of what the characters' names and appearances are, and those Heroes would be available in the general summoning pool after their debut Foci ends.

With almost 2 years of worth of Foci experience, players should have realized that New Heroes is a misnomer by now.

12 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

alt fest

Special Heroes Foci were almost always an alt fest. I would wait and give it some time to see how they handle a few more New Heroes Foci before judging. They are pretty damn slow at implementing changes.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

With almost 2 years of worth of Foci experience, players should have realized that New Heroes is a misnomer by now.

With almost two years worth of experience interacting with me, you should have realised that I pay utmost attention to capitalisation and also the bullshit terms the game uses. New heroes and New Heroes aren’t the same things. I was talking—and have always been talking—about new heroes, lowercase. New Heroes, uppercase, is a bullshit term serving to camouflage the deluge of alts swarming from every hole and filling up the general pool.

New heroes, not New Heroes, are what the game needs.

Edited by Vaximillian