Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I like Sharena's slightly derpy fan art style of drawing. I would be cool if Sharena can open a portal to her fan fic fantasy world and summon Heroes she drew from there. Imagine summoning a more derpy version of herself, but got busted stats and skills.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 hours ago, Mau said:

Regarding the possible free Legendary Hero, the line that was found in the datamine:

MID_SUMMON_PULL_ONLY_ONCE_Summon_762_legend13_OnlyPickup: The session ends when you summon a Hero.

seems to be almost identical to the line that appears for Brave Heroes, except that this one says 'summon' instead of 'select'. I've seen people on Reddit speculating this means we can freely summon one of the Legendary Heroes, you just don't know which you will get (which is apparently something other gacha games do too).

I can see them giving us the four colors to pick from at least, but ugh this would still be disappointing. I'd try to go for L!Azura but watch me get L!Ephraim instead with no useful fodder -_-

Hmm. That'd be annoying, not as nice of a replacement for A Hero Rises. It'd also be weirdly imbalanced: if we're excluding mythics, grey only has Robin, while red and blue have five each.

Going by element instead of color would balance that out more, but either way, I think most players would have a pretty decent chance of ending up forced into an unwanted duplicate regardless of the choice. That'd be a huge letdown. Hopefully it's just a terminology update, or a change to account for modifying the interface to better support a larger number of options.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not long before I left the game, I saw Dragalia Lost do something like this. If you spent for diamantium, you could summon one guaranteed *5 character, for a separate cost a free 5* Wyrmprint, and for another separate fee, a free 5* Dragon. Which you got in each instance was entirely random.

Cygames' other game, Granblue Fantasy, has a similar system in place, I believe it's called a star draw. you pay for 10 pulls and get a guaranteed but random SSR (equivalent of 5*) in that pull. Sometimes it's divided between characters and summons and you can buy one of each and I think they've divided it by element before, where you could buy 6 separate ones within a week or so. One time they also limited the guaranteed SSR into a very specific group of summons.

That said, Granblue Fantasy also has Surprise Ticket, which costs the same as a star draw and let's you pick a non-limited SSR of your choice, in addition to giving a ticket that lets you do 10 summons at watever time you want. Which is probably the biggest value iap option I've ever seen in a gacha game.

If it is random then it will be so bad. If mythics are included then it will be colourless as I need a better IV Robin and a Duma. If mythics aren't included I will go with blue and pray I don't get a Fjorm, any of the rest would be welcomed. But it does raise a question as to how the whole event would be. It would make sense if it was random, it could work similarly to the Cyl picking event. I wonder how it would work if we were to choose. Also what that 13 means?

Edited by SuperNova125

22 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

If it is random then it will be so bad. If mythics are included then it will be colourless as I need a better IV Robin and a Duma. If mythics aren't included I will go with blue and pray I don't get a Fjorm, any of the rest would be welcomed. But it does raise a question as to how the whole event would be. It would make sense if it was random, it could work similarly to the Cyl picking event. I wonder how it would work if we were to choose. Also what that 13 means?

Good question. There are 14 legendary heroes right now, but if we exclude the two free ones, it goes down to 12. So I don't see a way of getting to 13.

Making sense out of the numbers might require taking a look at more internal data.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Good question. There are 14 legendary heroes right now, but if we exclude the two free ones, it goes down to 12. So I don't see a way of getting to 13.

Making sense out of the numbers might require taking a look at more internal data.

If you combine both Mythics and Legendaries we have 16 heroes. Take the ones we already have for free (L!Ike, Fjorm, Eir) away from that, you end up at 13.

34 minutes ago, Mau said:

If you combine both Mythics and Legendaries we have 16 heroes. Take the ones we already have for free (L!Ike, Fjorm, Eir) away from that, you end up at 13.

Hey, that works. I stopped thinking of mythics because it says "legend", but that does make the number work out.

Excluding the free ones would only really make sense with some sort of random selection, and including Duma suggests a color basis rather than element. It's not perfectly balanced, color-wise, but 4/4/3/2 is better than 5/5/3/1.

In that case, I'd get a 75% chance of getting something I want by pulling blue. I'd certainly be bitter about getting another Ephraim, but it's better than 60%.

Would have been nice of them to explain this before Duma's banner went up. I've been putting off making another attempt at getting Tiki (and Linde) until it gets explained, to see if it ends up getting me Tiki one way or another.

Edited by Othin

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mean, we're technically not even supposed to know about it, so they have no obligation to do so.

I'm not saying that because of it being datamined. There's likely to be frustrations from people who spent orbs on Duma's banner going for a character they could have gotten this way instead, which is something they could have avoided by announcing it before the banner went live. If it hadn't been found in the datamine, that just would have been even more people.

They don't have an obligation, but it's the sort of thing IS seems to have been trying to stay on top of, ever since the complaints about the first Hero Fest showing up without warning in the middle of Ike's banner. That seems to be why since then, they've been giving more advance notice of Hero Fests and doing other things like announcing legendary rerun times and releasing event calendars every month. Also the biggest parallel, I think, is A Hero Rises as the previous anniversary free 5* event, which they announced before Ike's banner started.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Also the biggest parallel, I think, is A Hero Rises as the previous anniversary free 5* event, which they announced before Ike's banner started.

This is actually good evidence that it'll be a random summon instead of a manual selection.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

How so?

Giving us a manual selection means people will be angry if they announce it at the tail end of the Duma banner and Duma is one of the choices.

If it were a random summon instead, there'd be less need to tell players that this event is coming up because players would no longer feel like they wouldn't have had to pull on the Duma banner (unless they get lucky and pull exactly who they were looking for from the Duma banner).

Assuming competency, the fact that they haven't announced it yet means that they felt no need to announce it, meaning it's less likely that it will be a manual choice.

Also, how would you propose showing 13 summoning umbrellas on the summoning screen all at once in a way that doesn't look dumb or cluttered?

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Giving us a manual selection means people will be angry if they announce it at the tail end of the Duma banner and Duma is one of the choices.

If it were a random summon instead, there'd be less need to tell players that this event is coming up because players would no longer feel like they wouldn't have had to pull on the Duma banner (unless they get lucky and pull exactly who they were looking for from the Duma banner).

Assuming competency, the fact that they haven't announced it yet means that they felt no need to announce it, meaning it's less likely that it will be a manual choice.

Also, how would you propose showing 13 summoning umbrellas on the summoning screen all at once in a way that doesn't look dumb or cluttered?

I still think that "unless" is enough of a factor to be worth considering, but that does make sense.

13 orbs certainly isn't compatible with the normal summoning interface, but there's nothing stopping them from making a new one for special events. That said, I do think the "13 selected by color" theory is the most likely one.

Speaking of the number being 13, I was under the impression that it was still just a theory that the 13 in the text refers to the number of characters available. Does it seem like a safe bet to you? I don't know as much about what goes into that sort of thing.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Speaking of the number being 13, I was under the impression that it was still just a theory that the 13 in the text refers to the number of characters available. Does it seem like a safe bet to you? I don't know as much about what goes into that sort of thing.

Whether it's 12 (non-free Legendaries), 13 (non-free Legendaries and Mythics), 14 (Legendaries), or 15 (Legendaries and Mythics) really doesn't matter all that much.

Numbering internal values is sometimes meaningful and sometimes not. It's kind of a coin flip, but it's definitely still fair game for speculation, so I wouldn't rule it out.

Spoiler

It'd be pretty damn weird if it's random legendary hero based on color as then you'd have a 50/50 chance with the evil dragons and the other colors speak for themselves

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

CYL possible spoilers 

Hide contents

Supposedly, it's been leaked that Alm and Eliwood win on the men's side, and Micaiah and Camilla on the female's side.

Spoiler

If Marth lost again, he's going to be the Washington Nationals of the CYL.

CYL possible spoilers 

Hide contents

Supposedly, it's been leaked that Alm and Eliwood win on the men's side, and Micaiah and Camilla on the female's side.

Spoiler

CYL possible spoilers 

Hide contents

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Silverly said:

That’s what makes me think that either there was a mistranslation (whether it be in that chapter or currently on the site) or perhaps even straight up retcon happening as we know it. Come to think of it, the delivery of NY!Gunnthra’s lines are quite different compared to her vanilla year old version (basically her voice is a higher, more youthful pitch compared to her womanly delivery), so who knows. It could very well be the latter. 

As far as the site goes, and as far as I can tell from the original Japanese quote, there appears to be no translation error in Hríd's English bio in regards of him being the eldest sibling:

『スリーズさん、フィヨルムさん、ユルグさんたち四兄妹の長兄であるフリーズさんは、とっても責任感が強い人』

Note:  "兄" (older brother) as opposed to "弟" (younger brother)

Beyond that, Hríd is also mentioned as the older brother of Fjorm and Gunnthrá in their related character mini-bios of him.

From Gunnthrá's bio:

"Hríd

The first prince of Nifl and Gunnthrá’s older brother. He has a cool disposition, and is always watchful for danger."

『フリーズ

氷の王国ニフルの第一王子。スリーズの兄。冷静な性格で、常にあらゆる危険に思いを巡らせる。』

From Fjorm 's bio:

"Hríd

The first prince of Nifl, and Fjorm’s older brother. He’s honest and dependable, and he has a keen mind that doesn’t let go of a problem easily."

『フリーズ

氷の王国ニフルの第一王子。フィヨルムの兄。堅実で誠実。粘り強く物事を考える性格。』

6 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

The first prince of Nifl

First? Is there a second? Where then is this Prince Snowballs? Did he die a childhood death as Ylgr's twin and now haunts the netherworld aimlessly wandering and but a shade?

Also, if the results are true, a certain character is now officially the Williams Jennings Bryan of FE.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

First? Is there a second? Where then is this Prince Snowballs? Did he die a childhood death as Ylgr's twin and now haunts the netherworld aimlessly wandering and but a shade?

Beats me.

Could just as well be a sign of Nifl having a different take on royal titles, so "First Prince" just indicates he's the first son of the Queen regardless if he's the only son of hers or not. But who knows if we will ever know for sure? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does anyone who plays the game in Japanese remember whether Hrid and Gunnthra spoke or referred to each other at all in that one Nifl Forging Bonds, and if there were any honorifics attached? I mean, if Hrid is meant to be the oldest I'm fine with that but it just feels like everything before this portrayed Gunnthra as the older one, so I'm just super confused.

Also, I've heard that in Japanese, the birth order of siblings is separated by age, so Hrid would still be the first prince of Nifl even if he's the only?

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, I've heard that in Japanese, the birth order of siblings is separated by age, so Hrid would still be the first prince of Nifl even if he's the only?

I found this on Legends of Localization, the guy is a professional translator:

Also, in Japanese, there’s a different word for an older brother and a younger brother – there’s not really a good, single word for “brother” like we have in English. This means you can immediately glean extra details about how siblings relate to each other when reading or listening to Japanese. In this case, Sabin is identified as Edgar’s younger brother, which is a tiny detail that only the fan translation keeps intact. Even Google drops the extra info.

Now that I think about it, this is absolutely something I should’ve included in my article about common problems in English-to-Japanese game translation – since we don’t always specify who’s younger or older in English, Japanese translators sometimes just have to use a Japanese word for “sibling” or take a random guess at who’s older and who’s younger and pray for good luck.