Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

As expected, ended up in Rank 2 for GC

iMzhVQv.png

First time I think I've broke 300K though so that's nice~

In other news, finished grinding Palla's HM so Elise had a tasty carrot for dinner~

P6hFkQb.png

Probably won't make me any better in AR but I can at least have the satisfaction of destroying Surtrs

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

20 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

So, Year 1 seasonals seem to have gone for not coming back again, right?

I’d say give it a bit more time. If March ends without Spring Festival (which didn’t show up until the 31st last year) turning up, then that’s probably a safe assumption.

I recently saw a discussion on the heroes subreddit where people argued that all of the Gen 1 units except for maybe Hector (because IS wouldn't demote DC) and the Braves should get demoted. Any opinions on this?
Gen 1 units don't tend to have the best skill inheritance at this point and they're generally not that great either compared to units that were introduced later.

6 hours ago, Landmaster said:

As expected, ended up in Rank 2 for GC

First time I think I've broke 300K though so that's nice~

In other news, finished grinding Palla's HM so Elise had a tasty carrot for dinner~

Probably won't make me any better in AR but I can at least have the satisfaction of destroying Surtrs

Wasn't she just released? How did you grind out her HM that quickly? I would love to know because I really need the feathers for merge projects.

Edited by Hekselka

13 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

I recently saw a discussion on the heroes subreddit where people argued that all of the Gen 1 units except for maybe Hector (because IS wouldn't demote DC) and the Braves should get demoted. Any opinions on this?
Gen 1 units don't tend to have the best skill inheritance at this point and they're generally not that great either compared to units that were introduced later.

Wasn't she just released? How did you grind out her HM that quickly? I would love to know because I really need the feathers for merge projects.

HM Farming in Rival Domains. you can create something that allows you to autobattle and do it forever and ever and get the feathers

i am really hoping there is a Threepeat. (I don't care about the bunnies or the brides... i want a chance to +10 SY Tiki and it sure as heck not gonna happen this summer. 

Imo, not repeating the banners again (although there could be better ways to introduce the units in the seasonal pool) isn’t the best way to incentive people to pull, besides the first or second copy. Why would someone try to get so many copies knowing that you have only 3 chances? Even worse for characters sharing colour

No rerun of 2017 bunnies would be sad. Perhaps they'll rerun it next week, to not have all banners start at the same day? 

1 hour ago, Hekselka said:

There are Rival Domain HM farm strats like this: 

Basically 2-3 units clear the map by getting the fortress and all other units get HM. This one is not tested by me, I already farmed some weeks ago. But usually there are 2-3 videos every week on yt/reddit. 

After forgetting to get most of the arena rewards last week, I forgot about the current Rival Domains until today.

Having a full-time job seems to be resulting in a lot less keeping up with repetitive weekly events and I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

2 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Why would someone try to get so many copies knowing that you have only 3 chances? Even worse for characters sharing colour

I did it for game play reasons for BB!Cordelia. She was really powerful back then so I wanted to merge her to +10. I have a second half built one sitting at +9 (I can turn her to +10 as well, but my last unmerged copy is neutral, so I want to keep that one as keepsake). I summoned over 20 of her seeking a [+Atk, -HP/Def/Res] copy.

I got BB!Lyn to +10 as well since she shared colorless with BB!Cordelia.

6 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

So, Year 1 seasonals seem to have gone for not coming back again, right?

The lack of a Year 1 Spring rerun (and the precedent of no Year 1 Seasonals reruns it would set) worries me.

So, I checked the Regal Rabbits datamine (since datmines contains how many allocated spaces there are for upcoming Summoning Focuses) to see if there were any clues, and according to Gamepress:

Spoiler

"This update allocated space for 6 new Summoning Focuses. Known upcoming Summoning Focuses include:

1. Regal Rabbits

2. Heroes with Bond Skills

3. Bartre & Fir's Battle

4. Voting Gauntlet

Our speculation for the unannounced Summoning Focuses are:

5. A rerun of Spring Festival

6. A rerun of Hares at the Fair (which should also double as the Tempest Trial banner)

These focuses are all expected to appear before the Mythic Heroes Summoning Event that begins March 29th 7:00 AM UTC, which should be added in the next update."

While it's not 100% certain, I'll say that I'm at least a bit less worried after reading that. Guess we'll find out for sure in the following week though.

Thinking through units I'm missing but want to go for at some point, based on either mechanics or characters, I've started to come up with priority rankings, at least for the present:

1. Velouria, Legendary Lucina
  2. Spring Bruno, Idunn, Legendary Azura
  3. HS Elise, Halloween Niles, Legendary Marth
  4. Keaton, Summer Linde, Quan
  5. Kaden, Legendary Tiki, Legendary Roy, Spring Palla

Edited by Othin

Not surprised the 2017 Banner isn't rerunning~ It could show up in the coming days, but no shock if not~

7 hours ago, Hekselka said:

I pulled her on the first day and grinded her to Lv40, then went straight to HM grinding in Rival Domains~ I'm on Spring Break so it only takes about 2 days to finish one unit.

This is the weekly strategy

This guy makes strategies every week so I'd check them out~

1 hour ago, Tactician_Iris said:

The lack of a Year 1 Spring rerun (and the precedent of no Year 1 Seasonals reruns it would set) worries me.

So, I checked the Regal Rabbits datamine (since datmines contains how many allocated spaces there are for upcoming Summoning Focuses) to see if there were any clues, and according to Gamepress:

Hide contents

"This update allocated space for 6 new Summoning Focuses. Known upcoming Summoning Focuses include:

1. Regal Rabbits

2. Heroes with Bond Skills

3. Bartre & Fir's Battle

4. Voting Gauntlet

Our speculation for the unannounced Summoning Focuses are:

5. A rerun of Spring Festival

6. A rerun of Hares at the Fair (which should also double as the Tempest Trial banner)

These focuses are all expected to appear before the Mythic Heroes Summoning Event that begins March 29th 7:00 AM UTC, which should be added in the next update."

While it's not 100% certain, I'll say that I'm at least a bit less worried after reading that. Guess we'll find out for sure in the following week though.

There could also be 2 Voting Gauntlet Banners instead of Spring Festival. I wouldn't get my hopes up~ On the same token, that Banner could BE the Voting Gauntlet Banner~

You know, come to think of it, there’s not a single bonus unit from Spring Festival. I do wonder if all the Year 1 seasonals will be phased out. I was sort of hoping all the old seasonals would be put into the summoning pool (rather than all the regular 5*s) exclusively when seasonal banners happen.

21 minutes ago, Silverly said:

You know, come to think of it, there’s not a single bonus unit from Spring Festival.

None of them would have made sense to be bonus units. Catria is there because of Palla, and Alfonse and Sharena are there because of Bruno and Veronica.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

None of them would have made sense to be bonus units. Catria is there because of Palla, and Alfonse and Sharena are there because of Bruno and Veronica.

Not entirely true, Xander would’ve fit given his bond with Veronica though given how shit that Xander is, they made the right call in leaving him out.

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Not entirely true, Xander would’ve fit given his bond with Veronica though given how shit that Xander is, they made the right call in leaving him out.

Including Xander would have left only 1 slot for Alfonse and Sharena, and leaving out one of the two doesn't make sense given the context and theme.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Including Xander would have left only 1 slot for Alfonse and Sharena, and leaving out one of the two doesn't make sense given the context and theme.

Or, he could’ve just taken Catria’s spot to avoid that.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Or, he could’ve just taken Catria’s spot to avoid that.

But (by definition) that would have left Catria out, which similarly makes zero sense when Palla is a new unit.

Regardless of how you do it, adding Xander makes zero sense because he would have to kick out someone that makes more sense to be in than he does.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

But (by definition) that would have left Catria out, which similarly makes zero sense when Palla is a new unit.

Regardless of how you do it, adding Xander makes zero sense because he would have to kick out someone that makes more sense to be in than he does.

Alright, I guess I misunderstood your definition of “making sense”. All I was doing was pointing out that Xander had a sensible connection that could’ve justified him being a bonus unit. I wasn’t considering how that’d change the complexion of the bonus unit group as a whole.

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

No rerun of 2017 bunnies would be sad. Perhaps they'll rerun it next week, to not have all banners start at the same day? 

There are Rival Domain HM farm strats like this: 

*Video*

Basically 2-3 units clear the map by getting the fortress and all other units get HM. This one is not tested by me, I already farmed some weeks ago. But usually there are 2-3 videos every week on yt/reddit. 

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Not surprised the 2017 Banner isn't rerunning~ It could show up in the coming days, but no shock if not~

I pulled her on the first day and grinded her to Lv40, then went straight to HM grinding in Rival Domains~ I'm on Spring Break so it only takes about 2 days to finish one unit.

This is the weekly strategy

*Video*

This guy makes strategies every week so I'd check them out~

Oh wow, thanks guys! I didn't know this was actually a thing and it's going to help me out a lot. 

On 18/03/2019 at 6:29 PM, Sunwoo said:

I've been on each of the teams once, in order of decreasing fondness.

Let me guess. First was Sanaki, than Micaiah, than Zelgius. 

On 18/03/2019 at 5:06 PM, Tybrosion said:

I was with BK the last two rounds, so naturally this happens in the one round where I didn't get BK.

You got lucky last round. I'd gladly accept the trade if it were possible. Do you think IS should allow people to choose their teams? 

On 20/03/2019 at 10:34 AM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I was on Sanaki's team for all three rounds of GQ. I mean that was fine I guess but...eh. Wasn't very excited during this GQ.

Come on man where's the excitement? I have a question, when it was FE7 time and you weren't on team Lyn, did you save your lances? 

Edited by Icelerate

Soooo...Memoria Freeze is going to have a crossover with DATE A LIVE characters!  Ok, this is epic.  I have to GET Tohka and Kurumi.  This is what Intelligent Systems should do.  I would gladly spend $50+ to use the Date a Live girls in FEH.

4 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Come on man where's the excitement? I have a question, when it was FE7 time and you weren't on team Lyn, did you save your lances? 

Eh, Micaiah and the Black Knight aren't really two of my favorites, and I'm kinda eh on Sanaki as well.

I was on Lyn's team for the first two rounds, then it sadly switched me to someone else's team. I used all my lances when I was on Lyn's team because I had no idea if I'd be with her all three rounds. For the last round, I just used whatever I had leftover.

4 hours ago, Xenovia said:

Soooo...Memoria Freeze is going to have a crossover with DATE A LIVE characters!  Ok, this is epic.  I have to GET Tohka and Kurumi.  This is what Intelligent Systems should do.  I would gladly spend $50+ to use the Date a Live girls in FEH.

As much as I love DaL designs and some of the armors wouldn’t be so inmersion-breaking, I really hope this never happens. Differently from the majority of gatchas, many people play this game because it’s Fire Emblem, not because is a gatcha mobile game