Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

18 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

As much as I love DaL designs and some of the armors wouldn’t be so inmersion-breaking, I really hope this never happens. Differently from the majority of gatchas, many people play this game because it’s Fire Emblem, not because is a gatcha mobile game

Yes this.  Please no cross overs, hundreds of fire emblem characters still left to add no need to delay it further.

Year 1 seasonals will they appear in the grail shop?  Wouldn't that be sweet, we could buy bold and vengeful fighter, close counter.  Could +10 Winter Lissa.  Would this be too much to ask?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

52 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Year 1 seasonals will they appear in the grail shop?  Wouldn't that be sweet, we could buy bold and vengeful fighter, close counter.  Could +10 Winter Lissa.  Would this be too much to ask?

Well that dream lasted a whole hour.

They're on a banner now.

Oh? They actually brought back the Spring 2017 banner. Thanks for the free Barst, banner. 

Summer is going to be one big mess of banners. I wish this game wouldn’t make seasonal banners pop up so often. It makes the seasonal variants feel less special. 

6 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Oh? They actually brought back the Spring 2017 banner. Thanks for the free Barst, banner. 

Summer is going to be one big mess of banners. I wish this game wouldn’t make seasonal banners pop up so often. It makes the seasonal variants feel less special. 

I like that they bring back Special Heroes Foci annually. Since I recently stopped collecting Special Heroes as I want to save up for a Switch and Three Houses, it makes me feel less bad for missing out on them, and I know that I can always rely on their annual Foci if I resume collecting them again.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I like that they bring back Special Heroes Foci annually. Since I recently stopped collecting Special Heroes as I want to save up for a Switch and Three Houses, it makes me feel less bad for missing out on them, and I know that I can always rely on their annual Foci if I resume collecting them again.

It reduces their value and novelty factor since they’re so common nowadays especially with the monthly Legendary/Mythic banners bringing an assortment of them. It kinda kills the appeal of seasonal variants to me. Then again, this game making so many seasonal variants throughout the year is already killing my interest. I wish they’d tone it down a bit. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

44 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

It reduces their value and novelty factor since they’re so common nowadays especially with the monthly Legendary/Mythic banners bringing an assortment of them. It kinda kills the appeal of seasonal variants to me. Then again, this game making so many seasonal variants throughout the year is already killing my interest. I wish they’d tone it down a bit. 

Probably works well in Japan. Japan loves having seasonal stuff in my observation.

20 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Probably works well in Japan. Japan loves having seasonal stuff in my observation.

Other gacha games do it but not nearly as often as FEH is doing since last year. Seasonal alt fatigue is a thing especially when it’s done almost monthly, sometimes going through 3 months of back-to-back-to-back seasonal banners. I wish they’d spend that time and energy into covering some of the main games that are still rather short on characters represented in FEH. Waiting over 2 years for a proper Binding Blade banner was ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Other gacha games do it but not nearly as often as FEH is doing since last year. Seasonal alt fatigue is a thing especially when it’s done almost monthly, sometimes going through 3 months of back-to-back-to-back seasonal banners. I wish they’d spend that time and energy into covering some of the main games that are still rather short on characters represented in FEH. Waiting over 2 years for a proper Binding Blade banner was ridiculous. 

It being constantly the same characters who got seasonal alts wasn't helping matters either.

Opinions I've shared before, but I think they'd be downright rejoiced if they used them to introduce new characters on the whole, like they did with Griel. Only without them basically being an alt to a character that isn't in the game like most of the other debuts. I'm talking like Yarne in an Easter banner or Marla/Hestia in a Halloween one (Christmas? Limstella, she already dresses in red and uses Fimbulventor. Rainbow Sage as the bearded gift giver could also work for that holiday).

Edited by Jotari

18 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

It being constantly the same characters who got seasonal alts wasn't helping matters either.

I agree. Fates Royals alone take a noticeable chunk of the current FEH roster. 

7 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Six banners in a row. Well, at least that is plenty o' free pulls. Although how is anyone who like all the banners going to get anything or everything they want? Oh wait, ?.

Well at least Say Yes to the Dress 3 isn't until probably late May-early June. Hopefully before the Bride Seasonals they don't throw in some new Seasonal they came up with, or something like Fallen Heroes or Adrift. I want 2, ideally 3 sans-alts NHs in a row darn it!

As a reminder, to copypaste this for those not into Coney Catastrophe, for the Bonds Skill Banner coming up on the 24th, our choices are (this was @Diovani Bressan's work BTW):

Possible heroes for the Bond Skills Banner:

• Atk%20Spd%20Bond%203.pngAtk/Spd Bond: Kinshi Hinoka, Adrift F!Corrin, Selkie.
  • Attack-Defense-Bond-3.png Atk/Def Bond: Owain, Adrift M!Corrin.
  • Atk_Res_Bond_3.png Atk/Res Bond: Adrift Camilla.
  • The others Bond Skills are not in the Normal Summoning Pool.

Also, do not forget the 26th gives us a Bartre and Fir Bound Hero Battle with an associated banner. While I'm sure very few here will be wanting of another copy of at least the daddy, there is a third unknown character. Who could be it? Well Uncle Karel would make sense, even if it isn't his FE6 self. But the missing mother, back when she was in her prime and not dead of illness, is the other strong possibility and a more tantalizing summon I think. Or it could be somebody less related.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

49 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Santa Nergal and Mrs. Claus Limstella would be amazing. Maybe with Nils as a Christmas elf?

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Opinions I've shared before, but I think they'd be downright rejoiced if they used them to introduce new characters on the whole, like they did with Griel. Only without them basically being an alt to a character that isn't in the game like most of the other debuts. I'm talking like Yarne in an Easter banner or Marla/Hestia in a Halloween one (Christmas? Limstella, she already dresses in red and uses Fimbulventor. Rainbow Sage as the bearded gift giver could also work for that holiday).

Honestly, if we're doing Christmas themed villains, my vote is  Rudolf. Throw a glowing red nose and some antlers on, and you've got a visual gag that'd describe itself.

4 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

sometimes going through 3 months of back-to-back-to-back seasonal banners.

That's physically impossible. There are only 10 seasonal banners each year right now (New Year, Onsen, Valentine, Spring, Bride, Summer 1, Summer 2, Dance, Halloween, Winter), and none of them are close enough to even have 3 of them run back-to-back, much less 6.

I'm not sure why people are upset about the 2017 spring banners coming back. All it does is add another banner you can summon from. If you don't care about the banner, you still get a free summon, or you can ignore it if you like.

I'd rather units never be introduced than be so dressed as bunnies or in a Santa suit.

I will probably be fine with it if they fit the particular seasonal event though and having a beard meaning you can be Santa is not my idea of it.

Edited by Vince777

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Santa Nergal and Mrs. Claus Limstella would be amazing. Maybe with Nils as a Christmas elf?

Well if we're adding Nergal in it'd probably be best to go full Morph on the theme. So yes, I'm saying we need Christmas Denning!

(although really elf Nils would be a good way of getting him in the game).

And on the subject, base Legion should have been introduced on a Halloween banner.

4 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

Honestly, if we're doing Christmas themed villains, my vote is  Rudolf. Throw a glowing red nose and some antlers on, and you've got a visual gag that'd describe itself.

Despite him turning out to be kind of a good guy in the end (like, ostensibly, the game is a bit muddled on how it actually feels), I've always associated him more with Nazi Rudolf rather than Reindeer Rudolph.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's physically impossible. There are only 10 seasonal banners each year right now (New Year, Onsen, Valentine, Spring, Bride, Summer 1, Summer 2, Dance, Halloween, Winter), and none of them are close enough to even have 3 of them run back-to-back, much less 6.

I meant it as an approximation. From May to roughly early September ast year, the game was blasted with seasonal banners that lasted around a month each: Brides, Summer 1, Summer 2, and Kimonos which was basically another summer banner but with kimonos. This summer is going to be a real mess. Then the next batch came in: Halloween, Christmas, New Year’s, Hot Springs and Valentines. 

This game is in full seasonal alt overdrive. It doesn’t help that many of the characters that appear in them have had seasonal variants already. I wish they’d tone it down a bit as well as not being greeted by the most recent banner when you log in the first time in a day. 

Free rolls are okay and even those are starting to lose their appeal to me. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

13 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Well that dream lasted a whole hour.

They're on a banner now.

Nooooooo!  There were much better ways to do this.  Perhaps grails would make it too easy.  However what if they appeared as 4-5 star units in current seasonal banners?  Not easy to get, and would encourage people who may not be interested in current seasonal to pull so they can get the 2017 seasonals.  

4 hours ago, Michelaar said:

I'm not sure why people are upset about the 2017 spring banners coming back. All it does is add another banner you can summon from. If you don't care about the banner, you still get a free summon, or you can ignore it if you like.

They aren't upset that we can get the 2017 seasonal units, they are upset that they are still temporary banner 5 star locked exclusives.  

47 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Nooooooo!  There were much better ways to do this.  Perhaps grails would make it too easy.  However what if they appeared as 4-5 star units in current seasonal banners?  Not easy to get, and would encourage people who may not be interested in current seasonal to pull so they can get the 2017 seasonals.  

This is what I was hoping for. Outside of the armors, the Year 1 seasonals are all pretty tame. And even the armors wouldn't really just be getting given away, you'd have to pull for them on one of the seasonal banners at worse-than-focus odds.

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

I meant it as an approximation. From May to roughly early September ast year, the game was blasted with seasonal banners that lasted around a month each: Brides, Summer 1, Summer 2, and Kimonos which was basically another summer banner but with kimonos. This summer is going to be a real mess. Then the next batch came in: Halloween, Christmas, New Year’s, Hot Springs and Valentines. 

This game is in full seasonal alt overdrive. It doesn’t help that many of the characters that appear in them have had seasonal variants already. I wish they’d tone it down a bit as well as not being greeted by the most recent banner when you log in the first time in a day. 

Free rolls are okay and even those are starting to lose their appeal to me. 

It has almost always been that way. Starting with Ylissean Summer Focus in 2017, all Special Heroes Foci were a month long due to lots of players' requests, and almost every month is associated with a Special Heroes theme.

Edited by XRay