Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Can Squad Assaults be removed or nerfed? There's no way to clear many of them. I've tried a lot of different counters and team setups, and when stuff like Triangle Adept Swordbreaker male Robin taking a lot of damage and almost dying from a bow and/or sword in one round happens, it's incredibly fucking stupid. He's meant to perfectly counter these units and yet he barely does any damage while they reduce him to like 8 HP. What more am I supposed to do?

Also, they should never use maps with reinforcements here. It doesn't tell you when they're coming and they still have ridiculously and unnecessarily inflated stats.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Male Grima but no Female Grima makes less sense to me. Doesn't everyone who has ever shot Colorless on a Legendary banner have her?

You’d be surprised how long it took me to get her to show up despite all of her consecutive appearances. At the very least, I know it didn’t happen within her first three appearances.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Can Squad Assaults be removed or nerfed? There's no way to clear many of them. I've tried a lot of different counters and team setups, and when stuff like Triangle Adept Swordbreaker male Robin taking a lot of damage and almost dying from a bow and/or sword in one round happens, it's incredibly fucking stupid. He's meant to perfectly counter these units and yet he barely does any damage while they reduce him to like 8 HP. What more am I supposed to do?

Also, they should never use maps with reinforcements here. It doesn't tell you when they're coming and they still have ridiculously and unnecessarily inflated stats.

Which Squad Assault are you having problems?

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

They're meant to be challenging~ Perhaps some of your units that you're using are a bit bare bones in terms of investment? TA Swordbreaker M!Robin may need a bit more help to secure those kills you need (Spur buffs, Drives, etc).

It's also hard to help you if we don't know specifically which maps are giving you grief~

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...I said right there in that post you just quoted. A lot of them.

I would say the maps with turn limit or the one that we need to survive for a amount of turns are the worst ones. The others, with no limitations, are not that bad.

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

They're meant to be challenging~ Perhaps some of your units that you're using are a bit bare bones in terms of investment? TA Swordbreaker M!Robin may need a bit more help to secure those kills you need (Spur buffs, Drives, etc).

It's also hard to help you if we don't know specifically which maps are giving you grief~

That doesn't mean they should be so difficult that it takes forever to find any clears for them or that scenarios like what I described should be allowed to happen.

My male Robin is 5 star lv. 40 with his prf and refine, a full skillset, and of course gets buffs and a seal. What more could I possibly do?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

That doesn't mean they should be so difficult that it takes forever to find any clears for them or that scenarios like what I described should be allowed to happen.

My male Robin is 5 star lv. 40 with his prf and refine, a full skillset, and of course gets buffs and a seal. What more could I possibly do?

I know a lot of people who have cleared all the SAs, they're certainly doable. But of course they're tough to do. It may be you need to use some of your higher merged units for some of the maps or other strategies like Wrazzle Dazzle to chip away the opponents so they can be easily finished off.

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I know a lot of people who have cleared all the SAs, they're certainly doable. But of course they're tough to do. It may be you need to use some of your higher merged units for some of the maps or other strategies like Wrazzle Dazzle to chip away the opponents so they can be easily finished off.

I didn't say they weren't doable, I said that they're way too hard to the point that it takes far too long to clear them. I've been trying to clear these for months. I do use merged units, full skill sets, I try to pick the best counters, etc.

Maybe those people you know are whales with tons of +10s like Ice Dragon. I don't have the luxury of being able to spend so much money.

I do actually agree Squad Assaults need an overhaul, but more because the rewards they give suck compared to the effort you have to put into them. 20 stamina+ 5 maps with only 2 orbs and another stat+1 seal as a reward? Blegh.

Compare that to a 5 orb blessed garden map, which only requires like 5 stamina and 3 maps to clear.

@Anacybele @Landmaster

Blade Tomes can also be useful in the SA maps. You need to use your best units in this maps. I am not a whale and I was able to complete all SAs, some of them I completed months after they were made available (I am talking about you  4th Assault).

I believe Squad Assault are easier now than before, because a lot of amazing and broken units and skills were introduced since we started to have this mode.

2 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I do actually agree Squad Assaults need an overhaul, but more because the rewards they give suck compared to the effort you have to put into them. 20 stamina+ 5 maps with only 2 orbs and another stat+1 seal as a reward? Blegh.

Compare that to a 5 orb blessed garden map, which only requires like 5 stamina and 3 maps to clear.

This I can agree with too, yeah.

I also find Chain Challenges to be somewhat less of a pain in the ass, but they give the same rewards sans the seal and also still require a lot of effort. The ones with ten battles are also too tedious.

I didn't say they weren't doable, I said that they're way too hard to the point that it takes far too long to clear them. I've been trying to clear these for months. I do use merged units, full skill sets, I try to pick the best counters, etc.

Maybe those people you know are whales with tons of +10s like Ice Dragon. I don't have the luxury of being able to spend so much money.

Nah, they're F2P for the most part, just have a lot of well built units. Having a lot of +10s don't mean you're a whale, they just dedicated a lot of effort into them so they work for these challenging maps. You may just have to try out some other units that are better counters than who you're using now.

I don't know all of the units you have of which specific map you're having an issue with so I can't offer specific suggestions, but you may just want to try units you may not have tried before

A lot of players do not have the luxury of spending any money and can still easily clear them. A lot of Squad Assaults can be cleared with budget Player Phase teams.

8 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Nah, they're F2P for the most part, just have a lot of well built units. Having a lot of +10s don't mean you're a whale, they just dedicated a lot of effort into them so they work for these challenging maps. You may just have to try out some other units that are better counters than who you're using now.

I don't know all of the units you have of which specific map you're having an issue with so I can't offer specific suggestions, but you may just want to try units you may not have tried before

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

A lot of players do not have the luxury of spending any money and can still easily clear them. A lot of Squad Assaults can be cleared with budget Player Phase teams.

So you're saying my units' builds probably just suck then. Thanks.

The units I've not tried are ones I either don't have or never built up.

Edited by Anacybele

11 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I would accept dual stat seals, like Atk/Spd+2, Def/Res+2, HP+4/Atk+2.

The units I've not tried are ones I either don't have or never built up.

Weeeeellll, no~ I'm saying you're not saying WHICH map you're having trouble with so it's a bit hard to know the best way to try to help~ I don't know what builds you have, I can't see what you're doing. Therefore, I'm saying you may have something else which you're overlooking that might work better than what you're trying.

A unit being a counter =/= it's impossible to kill said unit. Maybe the units you haven't built up could help. Not saying you have to use them, obviously. But there's more than one way to beat a map.

FWIW I have cleared all of the squad assaults in the game and I don't have a single 5* +10 unit.

So while they are a chore to do, they are doable if you use your resources properly.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No. Your units are fine. You are not using the right Heroes for the right job and you are not managing your resources properly.

For example, your Frederick is perfectly fine for what he is meant to do, but if you are using him to tank Ophelia, he is not meant to do that and you cannot honestly expect him to survive.

For another example, even though I have a huge dislike for most melee units, I still build some of them up regardless anyways instead of sending them home in case I do encounter a situation where I need a unit to do stuff at melee range. Ranged Flying Player Phase teams work most of the time, but if they do not, then I have to bring out melee units and Enemy Phase units. I do not need to be a whale in order to have a diverse and well built Barracks.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Weeeeellll, no~ I'm saying you're not saying WHICH map you're having trouble with so it's a bit hard to know the best way to try to help~ I don't know what builds you have, I can't see what you're doing. Therefore, I'm saying you may have something else which you're overlooking that might work better than what you're trying.

A unit being a counter =/= it's impossible to kill said unit. Maybe the units you haven't built up could help. Not saying you have to use them, obviously. But there's more than one way to beat a map.

Okay then. But the ones I can't seem to clear are a bit of a long list.

2nd
4th
6th
8th
10th
14th-20th

Don't ask me why a lot of them are even-numbered, as I don't know. xP But these are the ones I haven't been able to clear.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

For example, your Frederick is perfectly fine for what he is meant to do, but if you are using him to tank Ophelia, he is not meant to do that and you cannot honestly expect him to survive.

That's funny, because he actually can survive her sometimes. It just depends on the situation and what buffs I've given him. But I don't normally have him try to tank her, I only do it if I have to, since yeah, there are units who will tank her better than he would. lol

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I sorta think that's what makes them good. I haven't cleared all of them either, but whenever I do, it makes me feel super accomplished. And personally when I'm bored with the game, Squad Assaults is what keeps me playing, because I'm trying to puzzle out the right teams to use. My biggest issue for the longest time was not even having enough unique built-up units to use to get through all of them.

I don't have the desire to spend any money on a mobile game, so it's a slightly slower process, but I don't mind the time it takes. It's sorta like how when Abyssal was first created I couldn't clear those maps at all, but now I can clear MOST of them, because one my strategies have gotten better and two, I've merged up a few units and gotten new ones and got better team compositions.

Just because YOU think something is too difficult doesn't mean they need to be nerfed for people who actually enjoy a challenge. There's stuff I think is too difficult in the game, but I'm not advocating it to be nerfed or removed just because I'm personally not good at it yet.

Just now, Anacybele said:

2nd
4th
6th
8th
10th
14th-20th

OK, so let's look at the 2nd. What are the enemies that's giving you trouble and who are you using ?

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

2nd
4th
6th
8th
10th
14th-20th

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

OK, so let's look at the 2nd. What are the enemies that's giving you trouble and who are you using ?

I believe the problem with the 2nd and the 4th is the same: the final map, which is a "defend tor x turns" map

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

In the case of the 2nd one, I can actually clear the first four just fine. It's that last map I don't have an answer for because it's the one with Ike and them where you have to survive and Ike is unkillable.

4 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

I sorta think that's what makes them good. I haven't cleared all of them either, but whenever I do, it makes me feel super accomplished. And personally when I'm bored with the game, Squad Assaults is what keeps me playing, because I'm trying to puzzle out the right teams to use. My biggest issue for the longest time was not even having enough unique built-up units to use to get through all of them.

I don't have the desire to spend any money on a mobile game, so it's a slightly slower process, but I don't mind the time it takes. It's sorta like how when Abyssal was first created I couldn't clear those maps at all, but now I can clear MOST of them, because one my strategies have gotten better and two, I've merged up a few units and gotten new ones and got better team compositions.

Just because YOU think something is too difficult doesn't mean they need to be nerfed for people who actually enjoy a challenge. There's stuff I think is too difficult in the game, but I'm not advocating it to be nerfed or removed just because I'm personally not good at it yet.

My point isn't about being good or bad at it though, it's about the fun factor. A challenge being a challenge won't necessarily make it a fun one. And I personally don't find having to spend forever on a challenge fun.

In the case of the 2nd one, I can actually clear the first four just fine. It's that last map I don't have an answer for because it's the one with Ike and them where you have to survive and Ike is unkillable.

So you just need to survive. Shouldn't be too hard. Who have you been using for this map? Obviously you're going to want to use tanky EP units~