• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Why so many trouble with using Anima Blessings? There are quite plenty of them, I just use them on units I have built, team it up with 3 dancers and do some stratum. Personally, I use blessings based on the unit's affinity/personality, so far I have Cecilia, Eliwood, Canas and Lute because that's their original game affinity. Others like Sophia, Thea, Silas and Robin (M) were blessed because I ran out of other blessings or said screw it.

Now that I'm almost done with +10'ing Linus, I decided to merge my units based on their aging on the game. The first ones I got and am still using are Robin (M), Lyn, Klein, Gwendolyn and Ursula so they will definitely get a focus and feathers and Heroic Greils.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

I'll check my friends list after the VG event is over to see if I can save my one Anima blessing (though really there's very little reason to save it as it's pretty much junk to me).

Failing that though, I agree an archer would be a good pick. Given the quests are mostly about killing, the most expedient choice would be someone who can perform against any colour and who doesn't need to worry about sustainability. However, it needs to be a unit I don't plan to use much for anything else because the really good units deserve to get actually-good blessings. Therefore I'm thinking one of my 4* heavily merged Brave Bow archers would be best. Gordin or Virion probably, I forget who has more merges at the moment.

You can get an Anima Blessing every two weeks just by playing AR five days that week, even if you surrender every time. Seems easier to replace it than to put any effort into saving it.

Hmm maybe I'll just the Anima blessing on Halloween Mia or something, I might user her on the defense team anyway with Witchy Wand's effect to annoy people. Plus if I switch to Pain or something for the offense runs next week, getting kills should theoretically be easy.

Plus double SP when healing is always nice since she needs a lot of SP for the skills future builds I have planned.

On 4/4/2019 at 11:57 PM, Tybrosion said:

To add further context, here's how all the remaining Gen 1 characters rank in terms of total votes:

1. Erinys: 2,003
2. Azelle: 1,920
3. Lex: 1,806
4. Brigid: 1,720
5. Dew: 926
6. Chulainn: 879
7. Naoise: 644
8. Beowolf: 446
9. Midir: 426
10. Alec: 305
11. Edain: 235
12. Claud: 144

I'm surprised Azel is so high.  He was my FE4 husbando and I would love to see him in the game.

On 4/5/2019 at 2:05 AM, Johann said:

THE MOTHERFLIPPIN BULL GETS A WEAPON

BEST UPDATE

I thought of you when I saw that update.  I wonder if he's get a Brave Refine like Amiti or Klein's weapon.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I thought of you when I saw that update.  I wonder if he's get a Brave Refine like Amiti or Klein's weapon.

I didn’t know Amiti got a refine

1 minute ago, Silverly said:

I didn’t know Amiti got a refine

I meant getting a refine to be like Amiti, where it has more might and less of a speed penalty.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I hope it's not a Brave weapon, ever since Steady Breath was added I had to retire his Brave Sword. He doesn't have the stats to make the most of it in most situations like the other characters with those weapons. His balanced stats would favor something more well rounded that he can use in both phases, and a dual-phase Brave Sword seems unlikely since there's already a unit that does that. Most Brave weapon users got completely different stuff anyway, even if it was a decent choice for them.

I'm basically expecting something that boosts his stats when he's near cavalry and infantry, since these refines are often tied to stuff that thematically works with the character. Other duos like Camilla & Hinoka, Merric & Linde, etc get the same kind of thematic boosts, so it makes sense to me that they'd do it with Cain & Abel.

51 minutes ago, Johann said:

I'm basically expecting something that boosts his stats when he's near cavalry and infantry, since these refines are often tied to stuff that thematically works with the character. Other duos like Camilla & Hinoka, Merric & Linde, etc get the same kind of thematic boosts, so it makes sense to me that they'd do it with Cain & Abel.

I wonder if a 'bond/drive boost' would also be because he has synergy with his native Wings of Mercy if he had that effect. Red bull gives you wings indeed?

Or Brave Sword with a Guard effect so you don't have to worry about Breath skills

48 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I wonder if a 'bond/drive boost' would also be because he has synergy with his native Wings of Mercy if he had that effect. Red bull gives you wings indeed?

Or Brave Sword with a Guard effect so you don't have to worry about Breath skills

Don't think it'd be because of WoM, but it would definitely work exceptionally well with it (or at least it would for me and how I play). I figure he has Wings of Mercy due to his survivor's guilt and a Hone/Drive/whatever effect would be help him team up with Abel, as well as him teaching the younger knights.

On 05/04/2019 at 11:07 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

20 less red units, 11 less blue units, 8 less green units and 8 less colorless units in the New Heroes and Special Heroes banners.

Current orb color distribution:

Red Blue Green Colorless
29.83% 26.85% 17.61% 25.71%

Say, with that much of 5* unit removed, how does the color distribution percentage change?

3 hours ago, Johann said:

Don't think it'd be because of WoM, but it would definitely work exceptionally well with it (or at least it would for me and how I play). I figure he has Wings of Mercy due to his survivor's guilt and a Hone/Drive/whatever effect would be help him team up with Abel, as well as him teaching the younger knights.

Any cavalier boosting effect would also be a nice touch when fielding Stahl/Sully with the original Bull/Panther duo, since they reference Cain/Abel in their supports. It could be like Cain instructing the later generations.

Stahl/Sully refines when?

Also speaking of Breaths, I kind of want to do a dragon with an all-Breath build. Maybe if I somehow get OG Young Tiki, with Breath of Fog, Steady Breath and double Breath of Life. (Maybe Dragon Fang because the breath would come from the dragon's mouth?)

Who says only Ikes know how to breathe?

Edited by mcsilas

2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Current orb color distribution:

Red Blue Green Colorless
29.83% 26.85% 17.61% 25.71%

Say, with that much of 5* unit removed, how does the color distribution percentage change?

I kind of wish they'd so some kind of like mass Green campaign (around St Patrick's Day being optional). Like a four unit banner made exclusively of new green units (call it Axes Galore or It Ain't East Being Green or something). Do that twice or thrice (and then maybe do one for colourless for some variety) and things might start to look up for greens. 

Edited by Jotari

36 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The Blessed Garden Maps of this week can be quite annoying, because we have 2 defensive maps.

I didn't have that much trouble with them.
For the first one, I used Fjorm to lure/tank/kill the ranged units while Nino and Tharja took out the cavs that got near. 

The third one I remembered from CC and I used Alphonse to tank Titania on a choke point while the other units took care of what could get close. If you stop Titania from getting to other units while a Red tanks her, that map is not so hard. Just keep away from Bruno.

6 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I didn't have that much trouble with them.
For the first one, I used Fjorm to lure/tank/kill the ranged units while Nino and Tharja took out the cavs that got near. 

The third one I remembered from CC and I used Alphonse to tank Titania on a choke point while the other units took care of what could get close. If you stop Titania from getting to other units while a Red tanks her, that map is not so hard. Just keep away from Bruno.

I used OG Roy and Guard Bow Faye in the first map, with a healer. The third map I used Linus and Winter Eirika buffing him.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I beat the Garden of Water maps quite smoothly, and as a plus, with semi thematic teams ^^'

Map 1 - L!Ryoma, Sakura, Flora and Shigure.

Flora ploy'd archer and Soren, she hits the archer and gets healed by Sakura while Ryoma and Shigure tanked the cavaliers with Swap. The rest was healing with caution and using Heavenly Light.

Map 2 - Fjörm, Marth, Adrift!Corrin (M), Kana (F)

Fjörm QR tanked the peg and the mage on the right with Marth's Falchion and Atk/Spd Drive boosts. Kana and Corrin stomped Titania, Mist and the sapphire lance peg.

Map 3 - Klein, Owain, L!Azura, Hot Spring!Camilla

Klein sniped the sword peg on the left, Owain repositions Azura, she dances Klein and he deletes Bruno, Camilla counter kills Soren. The rest is Owain blocking Titania and Klein sniping the pegs.

The Water Blessing maps weren't that hard, since most of my best units are either Water or Wind Blessed.  Earth is probably the biggest pain for me, at least until they start adding the new blessing maps.

I checked the calendar, and it looks like we've got a whole bunch of nuthin' until April 10.

Cleared Water Blessing on my first try, so it really wasn't too hard for me.

First map I used Zelgius, B!Sanaki, Reyson and Hardin. Zelgius and Hardin tanked most things, with B!Sanaki occasionally taking out blues gunning for Zelgius. Reyson danced me out of trouble the rest of the time.

Second map was my OG!Sakura, F!Takumi, P!Azura and Laevatein. F!Takumi and Sakura took care of the right, while the other two went left. Not much to talk about really.

The last map I used the two flying Ryoumas, L!Azura and Cecilia. Stayed clear of Bruno and just took out whatever came close. Even though L!Ryouma had LnD equipped, Titania couldn't do more than 3 damage to him, so he blocked her until it was over.

Still sort of dreading the Valentia banners being added to the rotation though. 

6 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Slightly changing the character distribution of 3% of the entire pool will have negligible changes on the overall color distribution.

58 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I checked the calendar, and it looks like we've got a whole bunch of nuthin' until April 10.

Well, we should get the trailer either tonight or tomorrow night.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Well, we should get the trailer either tonight or tomorrow night.

I was surprised they didn't release it right after the trailer.  I hope it's a "new" banner and not something like Adrift, but I'm not sure if I trust them to release 3 straight normal banners until the bride one comes around.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I was surprised they didn't release it right after the trailer.  I hope it's a "new" banner and not something like Adrift, but I'm not sure if I trust them to release 3 straight normal banners until the bride one comes around.

They did it at this time last year, and we got two consecutive normal ones about a month ago.

I do think there might be a Fallen Heroes 2 banner in the near future, though, based on the "crazy Azura" remark. If we get something like that during this stretch, my guess is later this month, so it won't be back-to-back with either the spring or bride banners.

23 minutes ago, Othin said:

They did it at this time last year, and we got two consecutive normal ones about a month ago.

I do think there might be a Fallen Heroes 2 banner in the near future, though, based on the "crazy Azura" remark. If we get something like that during this stretch, my guess is later this month, so it won't be back-to-back with either the spring or bride banners.

If we do get another Fallen Heroes, I hope there's no Azura, A because we have enough alts of her already, and B it wouldn't even fit the plot like the other ones did so far.