Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I could see Jill being Lance's either as that's why she uses in Path of Radiance primarily (and I fee like they might pair her in a banner with Haar who would definitely be axes).

Same with Jill. However, when one considers how rare canon Axe Fliers actually are, it isn't until Tellius an Axe-Wyvern association develops, and the plentitude of Lance Fliers already in FEH and yet to come, Jill could be better for the pool as Axe. 

We could address Axe Fliers by pulling a Narcian and retrofitting some pre-Tellius Wyverns into Axes. Travant, sonny dearest, and daughter "too much like her mother bah!" are all certain to go Lance. Deen (why did IS assign both in English the double e version? when Thracia Remake rolls around, rebrand its as Dean) has his Dragonspear, and Vaida better get her infamous Uber Spear (given a proper name). Nonetheless, I do think we could convert Eda, I'd throw one of Melady and Zeiss in there too, and Heath.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I would like her to be a lance, though, because the grand majority of our wyverns are axe users (with very few exceptions).

And sorta to your point, only Florina and Est have sub-30 Spd among Lance Fliers (to be fair, what buffoon gives Florina a Heavy Spear? That is -10 AS right there.). A Wyvern would be a good chance to add a tanky and slow unit to this group.

12 minutes ago, Jave said:

Official artwork of Berserker Ike exists on Cipher, so that's not impossible.

That reminds me, I don't like Chrom that much, but this design would be a travesty to waste:

Spoiler

Conqueror

I want my Conqueror, even if it isn't on Mirage Chrom himself.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Johann said:

The only major issue I see is that the inevitable Forging Bonds won't include Haar's Eyepatch accessories

Dammit, now I can't make a Big Boss cosplay with my nonexistent Hardin. Why am I still here? Just to suffer?

Edited by Kaden

12 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Dammit, now I can't make a Big Boss cosplay with my nonexistent Hardin. Why am I still here? Just to suffer?

Why is Hardin Naked Snake? Same VA? How isn't the Big Boss Cammy or Lyn or uhh... Hector or Xander? The Big Boss is nothing without superclone progeny. 

And why are any of us here? What is existence? Why are we ourselves? What comes with death? How did Hardin regain his turban suddenly when Marth killed him despite having no such head garment on when possessed by the Darksphere just moments beforehand? Why the preference for blinded right eyes in FE over left? Questions I do ponder.

...Yeah, I should head to sleep.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why is Hardin Naked Snake? Same VA? How isn't the Big Boss Cammy or Lyn or uhh... Hector or Xander? The Big Boss is nothing without superclone progeny. 

Similar hairstyle at least when Naked Snake becomes old. Hardin doesn't have a beard, though, but they both have a thick mustache. Also, a fallen hero which in Big Boss's case was him voluntarily becoming evil while Hardin was, as far as I know, corrupted.

latest?cb=20180901131625

Naked Snake, Solid Snake, and Solidus Snake were voiced by Otsuka Akio who voices Garon. His father, Otsuka Chikao voiced Big Boss in MGS4. None of the English voices for Solid and Naked Snake have voiced a character in Fire Emblem yet. So, David Hayter, Richard Doyle for Big Boss in MGS4, and like hell they could afford to hire him, Keifer Sutherland. On the other hand, we have Liquid Snake's English voice actor Cam Clarke as Arthur, M!Corrin, and Hinata.

Had a look through my friends list units and the only one with an Anima blessing was... a fully-built +10 Reinhardt with DB4. Went to town in RD and so that's the quests sorted. :D

58 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, Haar's not gonna be on a banner so I guess Jill can be whatever she wants.

I would like her to be a lance, though, because the grand majority of our wyverns are axe users (with very few exceptions).

Which is why it's silly they made Narcian an axe flier. Sword Wyverns are severely lacking it the series. Its basically him and Ashnard (or Michaelis if they want to get creative with his FE1 set up).

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Same with Jill. However, when one considers how rare canon Axe Fliers actually are, it isn't until Tellius an Axe-Wyvern association develops, and the plentitude of Lance Fliers already in FEH and yet to come, Jill could be better for the pool as Axe. 

We could address Axe Fliers by pulling a Narcian and retrofitting some pre-Tellius Wyverns into Axes. Travant, sonny dearest, and daughter "too much like her mother bah!" are all certain to go Lance. Deen (why did IS assign both in English the double e version? when Thracia Remake rolls around, rebrand its as Dean) has his Dragonspear, and Vaida better get her infamous Uber Spear (given a proper name). Nonetheless, I do think we could convert Eda, I'd throw one of Melady and Zeiss in there too, and Heath.

And sorta to your point, only Florina and Est have sub-30 Spd among Lance Fliers (to be fair, what buffoon gives Florina a Heavy Spear? That is -10 AS right there.). A Wyvern would be a good chance to add a tanky and slow unit to this group.

That reminds me, I don't like Chrom that much, but this design would be a travesty to waste:

Reveal hidden contents

Conqueror

I want my Conqueror, even if it isn't on Mirage Chrom himself.

Not until Telluis axe wyverens became a thing, but Shadow Dragon retconned the Archanea wyverns into being axe users (they still had spears there too and I actually think they should have used them for Michaelis but here we are) leaving only the GBA and SNES games where Lance Dracos reined. Vs Archanea, Telluis, Awakening and Fates where axes are dominant (IE it's roughly half and half currently). So I don't think either Lances or Axes are under threat of being underutilized. Hence giving Jill Lance's wouldn't be impossible. Now that I learn Haar has been introduced before her (learned like as minute after posting my previous comment) I feel it's more likely she'll go axe though.

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Which is why it's silly they made Narcian an axe flier. Sword Wyverns are severely lacking it the series. Its basically him and Ashnard (or Michaelis if they want to get creative with his FE1 set up).

Unless they make Pegasi, Wyverns, Kinshi and Broomsticks have different properties, it makes no difference whatsoever no? They could do some interesting stuff with that in future perhaps. Maybe wyverns could gain a measure of arrow resistance in exchange for dragon-slaying vulnerability?

At any rate, there are currently 9 sword fliers and 9 axe fliers in the game, so things are in perfect balance. Well, except for there being 15 lance fliers. I will never understand why Marisa (and Ryoma) got a lance, and why Sumia and Thea were chosen.

P.S. I also want a magic carpet unit.

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Maybe wyverns could gain a measure of arrow resistance in exchange for dragon-slaying vulnerability?

In true Radiant Dawn fashion, Haar will have a weapon that nullifies flier weakness, but gives him dragon weakness and weakness to Thunder tomes instead. Giving crossbowmen the middle finger was fun.

Everyone get your Thoron+ ready.

Edited by Ice Dragon

26 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Had a look through my friends list units and the only one with an Anima blessing was... a fully-built +10 Reinhardt with DB4. Went to town in RD and so that's the quests sorted. :D

Symphonia?

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I mentioned him not that long ago, but I got a better dead-ringer for Big Boss:

LorenzSD

Too bad Archanea is never getting another banner if IS has anything to say about it.

Well, Lorenz is more of a Big Boss in Fire Emblem while Hardin with an eyepatch would be more of a Big Boss cosplay.

Edited by Kaden

44 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Similar hairstyle at least when Naked Snake becomes old. Hardin doesn't have a beard, though, but they both have a thick mustache. Also, a fallen hero which in Big Boss's case was him voluntarily becoming evil while Hardin was, as far as I know, corrupted.

I mentioned him not that long ago, but I got a better dead-ringer for Big Boss:

LorenzSD

Too bad Archanea is never getting another banner if IS has anything to say about it.

6 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Unless they make Pegasi, Wyverns, Kinshi and Broomsticks have different properties, it makes no difference whatsoever no? They could do some interesting stuff with that in future perhaps. Maybe wyverns could gain a measure of arrow resistance in exchange for dragon-slaying vulnerability?

At any rate, there are currently 9 sword fliers and 9 axe fliers in the game, so things are in perfect balance. Well, except for there being 15 lance fliers. I will never understand why Marisa (and Ryoma) got a lance, and why Sumia and Thea were chosen.

There's the aesthetic factor. Which is one of the lesser things to care about but still something I value (also don't forget about levitation).

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In true Radiant Dawn fashion, Haar will have a weapon that nullifies flier weakness, but gives him dragon weakness and weakness to Thunder tomes instead. Giving crossbowmen the middle finger was fun.

Everyone get your Thoron+ ready.

You strikes it out, but I actually think that's a pretty cool idea for a prf on Haar (well minus the weakness to blue tomes, that wouldn't really work).

7 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I don't follow?

The player name? "Elnoyle/44" though I don't know who that is.

Player name. They're on my friends list and they also have an Anima blessed, +10 Reinhardt with Death Blow 4. Used him a few times to clear the defeat X foes with an Anima blessed hero quests.

Edited by Kaden

20 minutes ago, Jotari said:

You strikes it out, but I actually think that's a pretty cool idea for a prf on Haar (well minus the weakness to blue tomes, that wouldn't really work).

Just Thunder tomes, not blue tomes as a whole. So just Blue Egg(+), Dire Thunder, Elthunder, Huginn's Egg, Mjolnir, Tactical Bolt, Thoron(+), Thunder, Tome of Thoron, and Weirding Tome.

Just to put it out there, Sue is in the random encounterable unit pool unlike Brave Lyn. Oh, and Idunn is too unless if she gets the Surtr treatment and gets booted out later for being too cancerous.

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Units who floats with their own power  like FGrima, Yune, and Hel seems to be the most flexible tho

21 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Units who floats with their own power  like FGrima, Yune, and Hel seems to be the most flexible tho

This is merely superconductor electromagnetism, surely you've heard of it?

Vulnerable to roundhouse kicks to the face.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Not until Telluis axe wyverens became a thing, but Shadow Dragon retconned the Archanea wyverns into being axe users (they still had spears there too and I actually think they should have used them for Michaelis but here we are) leaving only the GBA and SNES games where Lance Dracos reined. Vs Archanea, Telluis, Awakening and Fates where axes are dominant (IE it's roughly half and half currently). So I don't think either Lances or Axes are under threat of being underutilized.

Let me count...

Spoiler

Starting with Axes:

1. 11 & 12 Minerva
  2. 11 & 12 Michalis (well he was Lance there, but they did give him an Axe rank of course, even if he never starts using it).
  3. Jill
  4. Haar
  5. Cherche
  6. Gerome
  7. Camilla
  8. Beruka
  9. Percy

Lances:

1. Travant
  2. Arion
  3. Altena
  4. Deen, lover of Linoan
  5. Eda
  6. Melady
  7. Zeiss
  8. Gale
  9. Heath
  10. Vaida
  11. Cormag
  12. Valter
  13. Glen

The balance does lean Lances still, but you're right it is getting close to 50-50. (And I left off Shiharam as too minor a foe- think Jill or Haar will reference him?)

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Sword Wyverns are severely lacking it the series.

Sword Fliers on the whole are lacking for the franchise. The category has 9 members so far, but 1 is an OC and 5 are alts, only 3 are canon at all. Using FE1 as a loophole, they gave us Palla and Caeda, and later we got Elincia. But unpromoted fliers in FE start with Lances or Axes generally, and Awakening and Fates abolished Swords as a weapon type that they can ever get.

Besides Ashnard, I'm hoping they remember Tanith leans Sword. I'm thinking they could also give Erinys or Fee a Sword, due to FE4 letting Pegasus use both unpromoted. Karin or Misha, should either ever have a chance, could also get one. And perhaps Syrene.

40 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

That's all the important laguz now. My guess is that this was the last Tellius banner this year and that Jill is now a lock for the farfetched heroes banner. 

The remaining Laguz sans Dragon Laguz (how are they going to count them? -Tell us already IS!) are:

1. Kyza/sha
  2. Lyre
  3. Giffca
  4. Skrimir
  5. Muarim
  6. Volug
  7. Rafiel
  8. Janaff
  9. Ulki
  10. Nealuchi
  11. Vika

And oh yeah, Yarne is a Beast too.

Twelve units, none THAT popular. Vika and Lyre are female for what value that has, Volug has abs, and Rafiel might have a few fans, but these are definitely a tier below everyone but Mordecai (whom I'm thankful got in as a symbolic "Forgotten Hero").

Mordecai getting in maybe shouldn't be that surprising consider he could piggyback off the very popular Lethe, with whom they've always been a pair, and they probably just wanted there to be at least one tiger in the game.

Muarim is the other semi-important tiger and Tormod/Vika aren't important enough to piggyback on. Kyza's got Lyre so he's left even farther behind. 

I'd be pretty surprised if the dragon laguz were beast units. It wouldn't make any sense to me.

Edited by Vince777

Still hope that Ena gets her moment later on... But I guess she has a slim chance. At least they still have enough to make one another full Laguz banner. xD But next time there is the chance for the PoR/RD banner to be divided between Beorcs and Laguz...