Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

qIrWt8C.png

The last time I had 600 orbs was on the onset of the Thracia banner last April.  Only this time I have no clear goal in mind with how to spend them.  I'm really hoping the upcoming New Heroes banner is something enticing...

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

39 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

qIrWt8C.png

The last time I had 600 orbs was on the onset of the Thracia banner last April.  Only this time I have no clear goal in mind with how to spend them.  I'm really hoping the upcoming New Heroes banner is something enticing...

your restraint is admirable. I keep puttering at 12-15

I'm at 340, personally. I think I've gotten to the 400s once, but I forget when.

I'm expecting to do a lot of pulling on the May legendary banner, and I'm also keeping an eye out for if a red bow ever shows up. I haven't been doing a ton of pulling on 4-character banners because of the bad rate, but there are some seasonal reruns I'm looking forward to like Summer Linde and Halloween Niles, since that's the only real way to get those now. I'm also hoping to pick up Idunn and Quan from 3-character rerun banners at some point, plus Velouria and Keaton if I don't get them from a legendary banner. There are a bunch of elemental heroes I'd like as well, but those are pretty unpredictable since I only pull on legendary banners for colors where I want multiple units. So there's always a chance that I get whatever else I want in the color first, but also always another rerun a few months later.

31 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

your restraint is admirable. I keep puttering at 12-15

You should always wait to save up at least 20, unless you're pulling on a banner that's going to end before you'll get the chance. Otherwise you risk not being able to pull all the orbs of the color(s) you want, which is just throwing away potential summons.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Personally, since catching up on my "get everyone to 5*" project in February, I've been shoveling all my feathers into BK and Cecilia. (Aside from upgrading new GHB units, and new demotes next time I get one.) Got BK to +6 and Cecilia to +7 by now, should be able to finish one of them by the end of the month.

Unit is unclear (although speculated to be blue), while stat bonus is almost certainly +Def since it's the only one currently missing.

There's been speculation here. Personally, I was previously guessing either Ashera or Mila, but now that Gotoh has been brought up, I'm leaning towards him.

Will give a read! Yeah, I'm setting up my team-building exercise based on +def, but won't actually commit until we see who it is.

I really hope it's not a dragon or armour, but given the case available... Mila sounds likely, Gotoh I would love to see and can see the justification.

If it is Mila, I hope she's a flier. A flier (or cav, but what cav candidates are there?) mythic means I can I switch my Winter Cecilia and M!Corrin to Astra without losing tactics buffs, and focus my light season units on pure flier synergy.

On 5/3/2019 at 3:23 PM, Sunwoo said:

Was it really? I don't think I pulled a panic ploy unit until Zelgius, whose HP wasn't high enough for it to be reliable for most of the content I was facing, so I'm very meh on the skill personally. Even still, I don't know if it justified Luke being 5-star locked. Was he remarkable anywhere else? I don't even think his own base HP was high enough to justify his own base kit.

Yeah it(Panic Ploy) WAS that strong. Keyword here being WAS of course. The "panic ploy benchmark" of its release date was as low as 43 HP, which so many unit can reach.

I honestly still used Panic Ploy at times since Nino and Staff bot is the only dangerous arena enemy that isn't dancer

There are sadly too many shit in early FEH that make no fucking sense, when it comes to 5* alvailability - one of them, notably was fixed in Luke banner - Wo Dao was locked in 5* in form of Karel, and its sole defining feature was as a superior killing edge, this is when Killer Edge was actually terrible instead of the monster of a weapon it was now, but this was enough to lock it to 5* until Athena. And even after Karel genuinely become really fucking good - at one point he's right below Ayra, and thats entirely because Karel IS Ayra its still something they didn't fix

that said.... Luke was actually pretty ok. There was a time in this game's history where Brave Weapon are really strong, and Luke was the best brave sworder in the entire sword horse pool.

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

seriously - am still pissed off that Mordecai get demoted but Sumia doesn't. I mean - it doesn't help that other than Leanne/Reyson (because they are dancers) and Velouria (had they demoted her i would have made her +10 and give her all the TLC-SI (tender love and care skill inheritance teehee) I don't care about beasts. I thought i would because  I do like them in their games, but i don't like how they are handled here. I basically thought they'd be dragons - just with the beasts stuff. and Sumia has the same skill that Mordecai has so why is she 5* locked. 

(because, IntSys can, grr). honestly though i am glad that one of my favourite Peggys finally has her minus speed bane removed. 

Like @Landmaster - I'm waiting for a Duma Celica banner (WITHOUT a share, thanks), last time I ended up with two Mias. 

what i am really wanting are more healer banners. I finally was able to get Dazzle for my little countess Serra - now I just need more feathers to +10 her out. I lucked out and got two Eirikas, so I just gave both to her, because the lantern is that good in my opinion, and so is atk opening. out of all my Veronica fishing though i only got two. (got broken by a stupid Innes - already had one). would be nice to have more banners to try to get stuff. (or a free pull Genny in none New Banners. that would be lovely too). 

still no sign/idea when Olivia will get a banner. (sigh). tried so hard twice to get her and no such luck. 

3 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

qIrWt8C.png

What do you would like to summon?

I had about 330ish Orbs last week before the Alm Banner but I was really unlucky on it, plus I had to grab Mist and Picnic Genny so I went down to about 100~ Highest I had was a bit over 800 which I blew on the Hostile Springs Banner.

I'm more jealous of those 2,000 Coins, though

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I had about 330ish Orbs last week before the Alm Banner but I was really unlucky on it, plus I had to grab Mist and Picnic Genny so I went down to about 100~ Highest I had was a bit over 800 which I blew on the Hostile Springs Banner.

I'm more jealous of those 2,000 Coins, though

all those coins. (sigh)

ideally all these banners this month is poop for me, and i can get into june with all of may's orbs in my bank. (AND I have the bonus units for TT)

27 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

seriously - am still pissed off that Mordecai get demoted but Sumia doesn't. I mean - it doesn't help that other than Leanne/Reyson (because they are dancers) and Velouria (had they demoted her i would have made her +10 and give her all the TLC-SI (tender love and care skill inheritance teehee) I don't care about beasts. I thought i would because  I do like them in their games, but i don't like how they are handled here. I basically thought they'd be dragons - just with the beasts stuff. and Sumia has the same skill that Mordecai has so why is she 5* locked. 

(because, IntSys can, grr). honestly though i am glad that one of my favourite Peggys finally has her minus speed bane removed. 

Like @Landmaster - I'm waiting for a Duma Celica banner (WITHOUT a share, thanks), last time I ended up with two Mias. 

what i am really wanting are more healer banners. I finally was able to get Dazzle for my little countess Serra - now I just need more feathers to +10 her out. I lucked out and got two Eirikas, so I just gave both to her, because the lantern is that good in my opinion, and so is atk opening. out of all my Veronica fishing though i only got two. (got broken by a stupid Innes - already had one). would be nice to have more banners to try to get stuff. (or a free pull Genny in none New Banners. that would be lovely too). 

still no sign/idea when Olivia will get a banner. (sigh). tried so hard twice to get her and no such luck. 

Three reasons:

1. Link skills were much newer at the time of Sumia's release than they are now. New types of skills tend to start out rare and then gradually become more common.
  2. Sumia is far more popular than Mordecai. On CYL2, Mordecai's total votes between his two versions was 918. Sumia got 4,593 votes, over five times as many.
  3. Sumia has two other significant inheritable skills: Reprisal Lance and Close Def. Mordecai doesn't have any others.

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

all those coins. (sigh)

ideally all these banners this month is poop for me, and i can get into june with all of may's orbs in my bank. (AND I have the bonus units for TT)

That would be ideal~

Meaning IS will hardcore bait us

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Three reasons:

1. Link skills were much newer at the time of Sumia's release than they are now. New types of skills tend to start out rare and then gradually become more common.
  2. Sumia is far more popular than Mordecai. On CYL2, Mordecai's total votes between his two versions was 918. Sumia got 4,593 votes, over five times as many.
  3. Sumia has two other significant inheritable skills: Reprisal Lance and Close Def. Mordecai doesn't have any others.

1 I know
2: i know
3: I know

I'm still just grumbly lol 

i'm just thankful i have her and now i have her without her speed compromised. there just isn't much i can do in the game right now, i'm not getting units i need to +10 so i am not progressing as i want to, so i figure, let's quibble about my favourite character not being demotes ;)

Meanwhile...

Here I am sitting with 1442 orbs but it's not like IS has given me any reason to summon on any banners since January. Okay maybe L!Alm is kind of tempting but I would rather wait until July since he will be on a banner with Eir but by then I will probably have over 2000 orbs since I could care less about Summer Seasonals and the very probable Three Houses banners. Though I might spend some orbs for another copy of B!Hector so I can get rid of his bane though I am still waiting to gather up all the summoning tickets before I do that.

Edited by NSSKG151

Wow compared to some dedicated Orbs savers I feel with my 420 orbs lacking. xD I try to do controlled summoning. So that I can keep my barracks flowing, but meanwhile I save for Rinkah a bit that I can get some merges out of her and +10 her in a longer term. I guess if Rinkah comes out I start saving hardcore for her second banner which is hopefully a 3 hero banner...
Zeke alter and Tatiana are also on my list, but I need priority. So both wouldn't be for merges at the starter. 

Edited by Stroud

I barely save orbs myself. Currently, I have 10 orbs (after spending a few earlier today) and I'm almost certainly going to summon sometime before the new banner. The only times I recall hoarding rather than spending orbs are the instances in which I actually get most units I want and don't feel any inclination to spend on any banners coming up, and we have a tempest trial or other event where I just hoard all the orbs from that.

This reminds me, I have that one friend who does not save orbs. But his luck is insane and consistent that he still gets all units he want and even almost merged Mia(His favorite Character) to +10...

56 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Meanwhile...

5ccde72e77ae5_Screenshot_2019-05-04-14-20-072.png.795137938740d6ffef6de4a186a0fb05.png

Here I am sitting with 1442 orbs but it's not like IS has given me any reason to summon on any banners since January. Okay maybe L!Alm is kind of tempting but I would rather wait until July since he will be on a banner with Eir but by then I will probably have over 2000 orbs since I could care less about Summer Seasonals and the very probable Three Houses banners. Though I might spend some orbs for another copy of B!Hector so I can get rid of his bane though I am still waiting to gather up all the summoning tickets before I do that.

I just fought you in AR. I sent you a request.

2 hours ago, Troykv said:

What do you would like to summon?

New Heroes banners are my favorite, especially if the focus is Jugdral or Elibe.  Like many, I'm mainly interested in collecting Heroes I like and building up my favorites as strong as I reasonably can.  I am fortunate in that most of my favorites with realistic chances of being added are in the game already, which has made it considerably easier to save orbs.  A little while ago I made a list of characters I would likely splurge on beyond simply collecting one copy should they make their way on a banner:

Tomas (FE1/11)
Mana/Muirne (FE4)
Ced (FE4/5)
Salem (FE5)
Machua (FE5)
Sara (FE5)
Kempf (FE5)
Niime (FE6)
Hugh (FE6)
Echidna (FE6)
Illyana (FE9/10)
Laura (FE10)
Pelleas (FE10)
Vika (FE10)
Mozu (FE14)
Senno (FE14)
Yukimura (FE14) 

I fully expect Ced and Mozu to get in at some point, and maybe Sara, but the rest range from iffy to pipe dreams.  I'm also very interested in what's been done so far with Mythic Heroes, and look forward to future additions.  Besides characters, I'm now considering going for Bold Fighter fodder on CYL2 for my Black Knight if the next New Hero banner is not to my liking. 

53 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Meanwhile...

5ccde72e77ae5_Screenshot_2019-05-04-14-20-072.png.795137938740d6ffef6de4a186a0fb05.png

I expect to save a lot of orbs in summer for the same reasons.  The usual summer seasonal themes don't appeal to me in the slightest, and while one or two Three Houses banners will be nice, I hope they don't go overboard with it. 

10 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

New Heroes banners are my favorite, especially if the focus is Jugdral or Elibe.  Like many, I'm mainly interested in collecting Heroes I like and building up my favorites as strong as I reasonably can.  I am fortunate in that most of my favorites with realistic chances of being added are in the game already, which has made it considerably easier to save orbs.  A little while ago I made a list of characters I would likely splurge on beyond simply collecting one copy should they make their way on a banner:

Tomas (FE1/11)
Mana/Muirne (FE4)
Ced (FE4/5)
Salem (FE5)
Machua (FE5)
Sara (FE5)
Kempf (FE5)
Niime (FE6)
Hugh (FE6)
Echidna (FE6)
Illyana (FE9/10)
Laura (FE10)
Pelleas (FE10)
Vika (FE10)
Mozu (FE14)
Senno (FE14)
Yukimura (FE14) 

I fully expect Ced and Mozu to get in at some point, and maybe Sara, but the rest range from iffy to pipe dreams.  I'm also very interested in what's been done so far with Mythic Heroes, and look forward to future additions.  Besides characters, I'm now considering going for Bold Fighter fodder on CYL2 for my Black Knight if the next New Hero banner is not to my liking. 

I expect to save a lot of orbs in summer for the same reasons.  The usual summer seasonal themes don't appeal to me in the slightest, and while one or two Three Houses banners will be nice, I hope they don't go overboard with it. 

Oh! You have a interesting list of character to get, personaly I would also like to have Machua, Ced, Sara, Niime, Echidna, Illyana and Laura.

I'm also saving orbs after Leanne and some other 5 Stars in the Golden Week,

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I just fought you in AR. I sent you a request.

Jeezs, thanks for the 80 lift reduction today. It's not like I wanted to reach Tier 21 or anything. Maybe I should reject your friend request. Just kidding, I accepted it.

And with that I have 99 people on my friend's list now. Only got one space open now before I have to start deleting people who either don't play the game anymore or put awful units as their leads.

2 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Yeah, I am kind of hoping they only have one Three Houses banner with just Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude with the rest being sprinkled out every other month but I wouldn't be surprised if there three consecutive banners dedicated for each house and a fourth one with both of Beleth's genders, Jeralt and Sothis on it.

I'm capable of saving Orbs, it's just I like Seasonals too much and they always have at least one that I want.

I didn't even used to Summon for fodder and this year they're pumping out so much good food that it's hardly worth passing up on~

I expect three banners for Three Houses this year, starting in August. Probably one for each house, with neutral characters like Byleth and Sothis spread out among them.

Between CYL, seasonals, and OCs, that will probably leave little to no room for other "normal" banners from August to December of this year, which is a bit irritating, but I do think IS would be right to do it regardless. Other games are getting pretty well fleshed out in terms of their casts by now (except FE5), so Three Houses will need a lot of attention in order to catch up. Makes sense to get to a fast start, while it's got everyone's attention.

Awakening, Fates, and FE2 all have over 50% of their playable rosters available in Heroes. I'm guessing Three Houses will hit that mark sometime in 2020.