Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

And OFC, the last day I am on...Ryoma again~ Well, at least it's Infantry now, trying to use Fliers made the last round so painful I almost forgot to do my Help Outs~

I’m stuck with the lobster too after getting Xander for the first two rounds. Naturally, my preferred choice of team would’ve been F!Corrin.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I'd gladly sacrifice my enjoyment of Fire Emblem Heroes, which stems from being a fan of the series and the characters, for the principle that in my opinion gacha games are obsenely predatory and should frankly not be allowed to exist.

Edited by Vince777

45 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I’m stuck with the lobster too after getting Xander for the first two rounds. Naturally, my preferred choice of team would’ve been F!Corrin.

Corrin would have been your preference? Odd, I thought you'd opt to skip it and just flog the three Grande Conquistadors with marinara sauce until they yield this silly game to a fourth person.

I think I've been Ryoma this entire time? I don't remember exactly, nor care about this event. Three autobattles a round and I'm out.

I've never been a fan of lootboxes myself. Not for any grand reason, but instead it bothered me because what was inside of them was always so very lame. Overwatch or Mortal Kombat 11's lootboxes are so filled with absolute garbage that it kills any sense of enthusiasm. Why even try and pay money for a outfit when those are vastly, vastly outnumbered by sprays, player icons or pallete swaps for people you never use. Lootboxes made me go 'meh'. I'd take the outfits, but opening the boxes was a chore and I never once looked forward to opening them.

For me Fire Emblem heroes was a bit different. Sure I also have fan goggles on this time, but I also think things just hold more value when you spend orbs. You can inherit skills, sell them or just build them into something worthwhile. You won't get summoning sessions filled with  icons for your player profile or a dumb victory flag for when you beat someone in the arena.

My problem isn't with Gacha games, but just with lootboxes.

So I'm not the biggest fan with this latest Belgium news. Of course its easy for me to not be the biggest fan because i'm not at risk of being exploited. I don't have the ambition to be a top player and I'm never tempted to dump vast amounts of money on this game. I do think people that are at risk need some protection and I don't think laws and restrictions are necessarily bad things to help with that....but I still don't want this little change to move over to my country. 

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Corrin would have been your preference? Odd, I thought you'd opt to skip it and just flog the three Grande Conquistadors with marinara sauce until they yield this silly game to a fourth person.

I’ll just leave this here.

Spoiler

KKyjJgw.png

Though if you’re talking about my voiced distaste for Grand Conquests in the past, at this point I, at worst, tolerate it. It still certainly isn’t my favorite mode, but I don’t find myself hating it these days. Relay Defense, however, can rot in Hell forever.

Oh, and it should also go noted that I've started actively playing Aether Raids as of last month. Yes, this is pertinent information.

Edited by Tybrosion

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I’ll just leave this here.

Reveal hidden contents

KKyjJgw.png

Though if you’re talking about my voiced distaste for Grand Conquests in the past, at this point I, at worst, tolerate it. It still certainly isn’t my favorite mode, but I don’t find myself hating it these days. Relay Defense, however, can rot in Hell forever.

Didn't know that. No Corrin preference on my part, though I tend to play Female because Jakob does so much better in the short-term of any route (Revelation is a pain, Revelation with early Felicia is just more tedium).

As for the GQ comment, no, I was just making a joke where Leo emerges supreme. Light torture with a tomato-based sauce being his method of choice.

And hasn't Relay Defense been rotting forever for a long while? They quietly dropped that mode, which since I didn't play yet, I think I recall it being said to be endless +99 merge units and the player just having to find a way to harmlessly chokepoint them. 

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And hasn't Relay Defense been rotting forever for a long while? They quietly dropped that mode, which since I didn't play yet, I think I recall it being said to be endless +99 merge units and the player just having to find a way to harmlessly chokepoint them. 

Yes, because thankfully even IS realized that the mode was a freaking mistake. And yeah, the main problem was the stat inflation got really freaking ridiculous, even for this game's standards, on the highest difficulties (particularly HP).

@eclipse Meant to share this during the last VG but here's my Lugh and Raigh. I've decided that Raigh is going to get as many merges as Lugh because I'm stingy with my feathers I'm merging other units so Raigh, tell your brother to show up more often. Hopefully Chad makes it into the game so I can reunite the twins with their friend. 

Spoiler

Jlrje2o.jpg P7VEE77.jpg

Edited by Flying Shogi

2 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

@eclipse Meant to share this during the last VG but here's my Lugh and Raigh. I've decided that Raigh is going to get as many merges as Lugh because I'm stingy with my feathers I'm merging other units so Raigh, tell your brother to show up more often. Hopefully Chad makes into to this game so I can reunite the twins with their friend. 

Reveal hidden contents

If Chad shows up, who will the fourth member be?  Perhaps Lucius? :P:

Regardless, nice~!  I'm going for full merges on the brothers, too, but that's because they're adorable.

This Grand Conquest I went Ryoma->Xander->Corrin. Surprisingly, I feel I'm doing better with Infantry units than Cavs or Fliers. L!Marth, Fjorm, Micaiah, L!Ike, Sothe, Lewyn, Linus and Sylvia destroy most stuff in no time!

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

I'm biased towards Lugh so probably Miledy or Ellen. His support conversation with Miledy stood out the most to me so I'd like the last member be someone that Lugh likes. I can always go with Nino if they don't do another FE6 banner.     

12 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

I'm biased towards Lugh so probably Miledy or Ellen. His support conversation with Miledy stood out the most to me so I'd like the last member be someone that Lugh likes. I can always go with Nino if they don't do another FE6 banner.     

Agreed that Lugh's best is in the Melady, from the old translation:

Spoiler

A Support

Lugh: Hello, Miss Miredy.
Miredy: Lugh!
Lugh: …I’m sorry I ran off like that the other day.
Miredy: No, it’s all right. I’m glad that you’re speaking to me again.
Lugh: Yes. I didn’t want things to end like that. …Will you listen to my story?
Miredy: Of course.
Lugh: My parents died when I was four, and ever since then I’ve been living at an orphanage in Lycia. It was a tiny orphanage, with seven kids and just one priest who we called Father. The oldest kids were my twin brother Ray, another boy called Chad, and me, so we three would take care of the little ones. We were poor, but we were still happy. But ever since Bern started the war, our lives changed. Food started getting scarce, and we sometimes had to resort to begging… Chad… he started stealing food without telling Father… Ray then got fed up with that lifestyle and suddenly left one day without telling anybody. I… We hated Bern. Bern was the one that did this to us… Bern killed Father… I just wanted Bern to disappear.
Miredy: ……
Lugh: That’s what I kept telling myself. …Anger keeps you going more than sorrow… Anger has kept me alive…so that I would be able to protect the little ones. …Phew… So…for now, until this war ends…I have to keep my anger towards Bern. …But, you’re on our side, right? I don’t have to hate you…right?
Miredy: I would be so relieved if you didn’t hate me. If you would let me, I want to help you as your friend…Lugh.
Lugh: Thank you, Miss Miredy.

Reminds me of the good old RolfxMist A. Although this preceded it, so it's the other way around. Might be done twice, but it's still nice!

Three of his five supports have him handing out baked tarts for some reason (Melady, Chad, Raigh). So if there were a food weapon that was like that he could wield, you might want to give it to him.

In light of the latest banner, I finally worked up the courage to tell Fjorm how I feel about her.

Spoiler

d5hJ70o.png

oS8cEab.png

Oh, and Haar now has a nice gag weapon too. My tolerance policy is now officially at 0% as the Void claims two more.

Grand Conquest put me on Corrin's team first, and then I mentally bitched about it and then it just put me on Ryoma for the last two.

I'm fine with this.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

Regardless, nice~!  I'm going for full merges on the brothers, too, but that's because they're adorable.

If Chad gets in I'm definitely making Lucius the fourth member of team orphan.  That way the whole family is together again. It would be cute

3 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Hopefully Chad makes it into the game so I can reunite the twins with their friend. 

I'd like to see Chad make it but I don't have much hope. Binding Blade likely won't get a new banner for a year and I don't think Chad is that popular. But Lugh mentions him twice so who knows. 

5 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Grand Conquest put me on Corrin's team first, and then I mentally bitched about it and then it just put me on Ryoma for the last two.

I wish that happened to me. The game initially put me on Xander' team and when I was steaming over it, it apparently went: "Oh, you think this is bad?" and has put me on Corrin's team for the last two rounds..

At least it's always the winning team, so I do get massive amount of feathers for my trouble.

8 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

@mampfoid, next +10 unit finished, Aversa. This means that I have 3 Red, 1 Green, 1 Blue and 1 Colorless unit at +10. 

Now I’m considering if merging the Hardt is still worth ?

Oh, nice congrats! I would like to +10 Aversa myself, but I don't want to use all my grails. 

I'm still at 3 red, 1 green, 1 blue. No big motivation to merge anyone else. 

17 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Pegasus Carrot also deals effective damage against armors.

Both Sky Maiougi and Pegasus Carrot are inheritable, so other dagger units can also use them.

But aren't those specifically made to be anti-armor? Isn't that kind of like saying sword units are effective against Armor Emblem because they can use Armor Smashers?

6 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

But aren't those specifically made to be anti-armor? Isn't that kind of like saying sword units are effective against Armor Emblem because they can use Armor Smashers?

Ahem, here's the quote chain in its entirety:

On 5/20/2019 at 7:05 AM, Hilda said:

since the introduction of more Armor effectiv weapon (daggers or unique ones)

On 5/20/2019 at 9:24 PM, Zangetsu said:

Daggers are effective against Armor Emblem? I usually would just use tomes or staves unit for any debuffs at that point.

On 5/21/2019 at 2:02 AM, eclipse said:

Certain ones are!  But they were on a batch of seasonal units, so. . .

On 5/21/2019 at 8:35 AM, Zangetsu said:

I only remember that Ryoma being one & even then it was specifically to supposed to anti-armor. I don't recall any other dagger units being effective against Armor Emblem

On 5/21/2019 at 9:06 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Pegasus Carrot also deals effective damage against armors.

Both Sky Maiougi and Pegasus Carrot are inheritable, so other dagger units can also use them.

You're the only one who is making the assumption that we're not talking about specific weapons.

1 hour ago, Lanko said:

What do you guys use to take screenshots or record FEH?

On all modern Android phones, you can press and hold volume down and power at the same time to take a screenshot.

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

On all modern Android phones, you can press and hold volume down and power at the same time to take a screenshot.

Or if you have Apple / iOS, you press the power button and the main circle button at the same time to screenshot. iPhones also has a built-in screen recorder you can use.