• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Gardens all finished, now Blessings can start being allocated to Aether Raids~

Feeling like starting my next merge project since Nowi's done but also want to save all my feathers until Delthea is added~ Decisions~

On 5/26/2019 at 10:15 AM, Othin said:

Is it possible for a unit to have stats distributed in a way that when training them, they'll never get their 0-1 stat level up line?

Theoretically, yes. It should be possible to figure this out with the actual growth patterns the game uses, but if we assume that they are close enough to true random, there is a 5-6% chance that any given combination of growth rates for the current highest possible total (310% base for a non-neutral merged Gen 2-3 melee armor trainee, which comes out to about 353% when 5-star) will have no 0-point or 1-point level ups.

Note that this probability drops precipitously with lower growth rates. With a 305% base for an unmerged Gen 2-3 melee armor trainee, which is about 347% with the 5-star rarity bonus, that probability becomes less than 3%.

For each current Gen 2-3 melee armor trainee (there are currently 6), that gives 5 possible 310%-base combinations (one for each possible Asset) and 21 possible 305%-base combinations (one for each possible nature, including neutral). This means that there are likely maybe 4 or 5 current character-nature combinations in the game that result in no 0-point or 1-point level ups.

4eUl7Z6.png?1

I know 75 orbs is nothing in the grand scheme of things, but when it comes to me that total might as well be 750. Saving orbs is just that difficult for me for some reason.

I hope the Mythic trailer drops today, though I know it's far more likely to drop tomorrow. Regardless of who else is on the banner, I hope I can at least get either the new Mythic, Duma, and/or Distant Counter fodder with this meager amount of orbs (still four more to get from the TT) I've managed to save up.

tumblr_ps6tkwsSJr1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_ps6tkvdBHL1rj8duz_540.png

Finished my first 5* +10!

36 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I hope the Mythic trailer drops today, though I know it's far more likely to drop tomorrow. Regardless of who else is on the banner, I hope I can at least get either the new Mythic, Duma, and/or Distant Counter fodder with this meager amount of orbs (still four more to get from the TT) I've managed to save up.

Huh. I'd thought it was tonight at the latest, but checking the calendar, it could still be tomorrow since the banner starts on the 30th, not the 29th.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

That Res though! Even after being fully merged and deflowered, it is still in the low 20s.

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

That Res though! Even after being fully merged and deflowered, it is still in the low 20s.

18 base resistance can only be taken so far without a resistance refined Barrier Blade. Meanwhile, in the mystical land of a res tank Bartre. I don't remember what the post was called, but there was a post on Reddit with a defense team of Bartres and one of them was a resistance tank with Warding Breath, Iceberg or Glacies, and probably was +Res which is hilarious since +Res Bartre, Ogma, and Virion still have less base resistance than the Black Knight at 17.

Edited by Kaden

56 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, this is what happens when the Res budget for the red armors all goes to the females. No really, the disparity is both ridiculous and hilarious.

Males: 16 (Arden), 18 (Draug, Black Knight), 19 (GD!Ike), 21 (Zelgius), 24 (Zephiel)
Females: 32 (TLB!Myrrh), 34 (Idunn), 36 (WE!Tharja), 38 (ASfP!Flora)

The funny thing is that PoR!Ike actually had a 40% resistance growth, which is a ridiculously high res growth for a melee unit in Tellius.

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, this is what happens when the Res budget for the red armors all goes to the females. No really, the disparity is both ridiculous and hilarious.

Males: 16 (Arden), 18 (Draug, Black Knight), 19 (GD!Ike), 21 (Zelgius), 24 (Zephiel)
Females: 32 (TLB!Myrrh), 34 (Idunn), 36 (WE!Tharja), 38 (ASfP!Flora)

It's the sword armor curse. Every unit in the top category is a sword armor. Every unit in the bottom category is not a sword armor.

Zelgius is tied for 6th lowest Res of all armors meaning that 5 of the 7 armors with the lowest Res are sword armors, and the only remaining sword armor ties for 11th lowest. As there are currently 43 armors in the game, every sword armor is in the bottom quartile... where they constitute a full half of the quartile.

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's the sword armor curse. Every unit in the top category is a sword armor. Every unit in the bottom category is not a sword armor.

Yeah, those facts were not lost on me as I was looking through the stats. I suppose Meg and her 50% Res growth provide the best odds of breaking that curse....the sword armor one, anyways. Every future male sword armor will still probably be doomed to have mediocre at best Res.

Honestly "base game stats" shouldn't be a justification anymore especially if were taking Per stats basis without game context.

Theyre pretty much rolling the dice for stats as a whole and Red Sword Armor with Res is probably going to first happen on a Seasonal Sword Armor in lingerie

16 hours ago, Othin said:

tumblr_ps6tkwsSJr1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_ps6tkvdBHL1rj8duz_540.png

Huh. I'd thought it was tonight at the latest, but checking the calendar, it could still be tomorrow since the banner starts on the 30th, not the 29th.

Congrats on +10 BK!

Regards to the Mythic Hero:

Originally I hoped for the Mythic to be anything by Red, but it would at least give me an excuse to hunt for some DC for Ares~ Also thinking of doing a Galeforce team for AR and Eirika would be nice for that, as I have still yet to get her~ 

Nice to see SF up again (I was about to post this hours ago, but there seemed to be another website shutdown just as I did so), I'm a little pathetic like that. I was bored, and whipped up a full list of potential TMS alts (which is one maddening laugh, given they themselves will likely never come unaltered as is).:

Spoiler
  • Itsuki
    1. Marth!Itsuki
    2. Student!Itsuki
    3. Casual!Itsuki
    4. Casual 2!Itsuki
    5. Workout!Itsuki
    6. Swimsuit!Itsuki
    7. President!Itsuki
  • Tsubasa
    1. Student! Tsubasa
    2. White Dress (IDK when it is worn)!Tsubasa
    3. Casual!Tsubasa
    4. Casual 2!Tsubasa
    5. Workout!Tsubasa
    6. Sneeze Detective Maho!Tsubasa
      1. Sneeze Detective Maho "Transformed" (Blond Wig)!Tsubasa
    7. Nan-no Model!Tsubasa
    8. Amrita Girl!Tsubasa
    9. Feel!Tsubasa
    10. Dream Catcher!Tsubasa
    11. Give Me!!Tsubasa
    12. Fly, You're My Wind (Wedding Gown)!Tsubasa
    13. Swimsuit-Not-Amrita-Girl!Tsubasa
    14. Santa Claus!Tsubasa
  • Touma
    1. Student!Touma
    2. Casual!Touma
    3. Casual 2!Touma
    4. Workout!Touma
    5. Bull Genome!Touma
      1. Bull Genome Helmetless!Touma
    6. Gaia's Whispers!Touma
    7. Masquerader Ouga!Touma
      1. Masquerader Ouga Helmetless!Touma
    8. Masquerader Raiga!Touma
      1. Masquerader Raiga Helmetless!Touma
    9. Swimsuit!Touma
  • Kiria
    1. Casual!Kiria
    2. Casual 2!Kiria
    3. Workout!Kiria
    4. Reincarnation!Kiria
    5. The Labyrinth!Kiria
    6. Kawaii Cat Costume!Kiria
    7. Give Me!!Kiria
    8. Swimsuit!Kiria
    9. Nurse!Kiria
  • Eleonora
    1. Student!Eleonora
    2. Casual!Eleonora
    3. Casual 2!Eleonora
    4. Workout!Eleonora
    5. Nan-no Model!Eleonora
    6. Microwavin'!Eleonora
    7. Dream Catcher!Eleonora
    8. Swimsuit!Eleonora
    9. Maid!Eleonora
  • Mamori
    1. Student!Mamori
    2. Casual!Mamori
    3. Workout!Mamori
    4. Microwavin'!Mamori
    5. Raindrop Memories!Mamori
  • Yashiro
    1. Student!Yashiro
    2. Casual!Yashiro
    3. Workout!Yashiro
    4. Microwavin'!Yashiro
    5. Dr. Schrabe!Yashiro
    6. Black Rain!Yashiro
    7. Dark Yashiro!Yashiro
    8. Swimsuit!Yashiro
  • Uta-loid Tiki
    1. Kawaii Cat Costume!Tiki
    2. Microwavin'!Tiki
    3. Sneeze Detective Maho!Tiki
    4. Student!Tiki
    5. Concert!Tiki

What I haven't done is complete any of the Arena Orb-giving quests, despite it being two days from the month's end. I'll have to pop a few Stamina Potions and get them. At the least it'll get me some Badges, I don't actually have that many and could use a few for Seal Forging.

My problem on the Seals though is I've only 1050 Sacred Coins, and that is only enough for getting 6 or 7 rank 3 Seals. I'd have to choose wisely. Why can't IS allow for daily grinding of Sacred Coins? One seal slot per character, seals cap at rank 3, Sacred Coins have a limit to how much they can help any team of four. I'm a much younger in duration player than the rest, I'll never catch up with them adding another 450 worth of Coin demand every month or twice a month.

And for the first time I've needed to do a little barracks expansion, 300 slots isn't enough now. Even for someone as restrictive and willing to press into manuals as I.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I didn't get an answer in the pull topic, so I'll ask here.

+Atk legendary Tiki, or +Spd? I'm leaning towards the latter.

Merge my bad IV Brave Hector into the +Atk one to ditch the -Def flaw or fodder the bad IV one? I have Draug who'd use Bold Fighter well, so...

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Merge my bad IV Brave Hector into the +Atk one to ditch the -Def flaw or fodder the bad IV one? I have Draug who'd use Bold Fighter well, so...

Tiki comes with Bold Fighter which majorly dilutes the value of Speed unless you replace Bold Fighter with Special Fighter. Attack, by comparison, will always be useful on her.

Can't really answer the Hector question without knowing how often you'd use Hector, and how often you'd use Draug.

7 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Tiki comes with Bold Fighter which majorly dilutes the value of Speed unless you replace Bold Fighter with Special Fighter. Attack, by comparison, will always be useful on her.

Can't really answer the Hector question without knowing how often you'd use Hector, and how often you'd use Draug.

Bold Fighter is player phase though, and Spd is mostly useful on player phase. Fierce Breath looks to be enemy phase though.

I haven't used Draug much, but that's mostly due to his skillset not really being finished.

Got the chance to switch my avatar. My friend j00 drew this for me after I commissioned her for a hypothetical CYL Reinhardt. Because, you know, I could.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I just asked this question on the Ask thread, but between +Res and +Spd for legendary Tiki: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/68792-ask-fire-emblem-heroes-questions-and-get-them-answered-here-thread/&do=findComment&comment=5447473. I guess you can get input on it from the +Spd side if it gets answered.

As for CYL Hector, how much did you invest into the other one? If he's rocking his base skills or inherited some common skills you have, then sure burn away, but if you heavily invested in him which I'm guessing you might not have since you're considering using him for Bold Fighter, then it might be better to merge into the +Atk one. It also goes without saying that Draug would be a good user of Ignis, so plan your skill inheritance accordingly. You could get Even Resistance Wave 3, but the only other units with it are New Year's Fjorm and Selkie. Slaying Weapon, Ignis/Glacies, and Bold Fighter is a staple build for armors. That said, Draug also has decent speed, good for an armor, and Special Fighter works well on him too.

The skill inheritance thing also extends to legendary Tiki. Zelgius can pick up Fierce Breath and Bold Fighter 3 from her if you wish since he comes with Fierce Stance 3. Otherwise, you're only really going to be able to get Bold Fighter 3 and New Moon/Moonbow from her since the only other skills she has are Flametongue and her personal With Everyone! C passive.

58 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Bold Fighter is player phase though, and Spd is mostly useful on player phase. Fierce Breath looks to be enemy phase though.

I haven't used Draug much, but that's mostly due to his skillset not really being finished.

Thing with Bold Fighter is people slap a Quick Riposte seal onto the armor letting them double with Bold Fighter on player phase and double on enemy phase with Quick Riposte. With legendary Tiki coming with Fierce Breath, her special charge will always be increased in one way or another on both phases. Instant Moonbow/Glimmer on counter and she targets resistance which is usually lower than defense. Halloween Myrrh with Special Fighter is a scary thing since her attack is higher, especially with +Atk, and Spirit Breath allows her to double on player phase if her defense is >= the foe's Def+5, but that's another story.

Anyway, speed is still useful for an armor with Bold Fighter on player phase. It still prevents doubles which could save her against someone who somehow survives against her and it's another speed check she can pass if the foe is using Wary Fighter, but legendary Tiki is likely to be much faster than the probably slow armor with Wary Fighter.

On another note, I hope the next regular unit demote has Fierce Stance. That's all I want for Jeorge. I know I can use Death Blow, Fury, L&D, or whatever, but I just want Fierce Stance on him. +18 attack on defense against ranged units, man! ?

Edited by Kaden

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Depends on the mode and enemies she faces. +Atk is better in modes where enemies are slower, while +Spd is better in modes where enemies are faster.

If you are not sure what you want her to do, I would go with +Spd. +Atk is great for Player Phase if you can guarantee doubles (such as via Brave Weapons or Bold Fighter) or if you can get it really high to one shot things (e.g.: Lilina, Ophelia), but +Atk is generally the worst Asset for Enemy Phase units with few exceptions (such Counter-Vantage, Omnibreaker, etc.). +Spd is good on both Player Phase and Enemy Phase, as the unit is more likely to double as well as preventing enemies' doubles.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

As @Kaden have said, you basically want to have as minimal a loss as possible on resources. If you did not give your bad nature valuable skills, then foddering the bad nature to Draug is fine. However, if you gave it something valuable like Armor March or something, then I would just merge.