Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm starting to get real fucking sick of not being able to get seven wins in AA anymore. I can only get 5 or 6. The problem is that by that point, I've already used up all my counters to units like Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, and Surtr and at least one of them appears in every god damn map.

i couldn't get a good one going either this week. i usually don't mind aa, but everything this season was evil corrin and evil baby tiki
I just played on the easiest mode and i will take the slight feather/rock/coin hit.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i couldn't get a good one going either this week. i usually don't mind aa, but everything this season was evil corrin and evil baby tiki
I just played on the easiest mode and i will take the slight feather/rock/coin hit.

Yeah, I might do that sometimes myself now...

The AA brackets are so wide that perfect scoring actually gains me nothing. Granted I sandbag a fair bit, my first team is worth barely over 700 points, but what happens is that if I get a perfect deathless run, I end up ranking ~12000, and if I lose one, or maybe even two people I can still end up ranking ~18000 and get the exact same reward. It's wonderfully liberating knowing that, and these days I just do one run per week, no matter how many people I lose.

A quick check shows that to get top 10k you need 725+ score per match, but to get top 20k it's more like ~692. That seems a crazy gap to me, but I don't recall what it was like back when I took the game more seriously. Actually, looking closer it seems the numbers required to get top 20k have dropped in the last year despite the BST and SP powercreep. A sign perhaps that while the top 10k players or so are still heavily invested, the mid-range players such as myself may be dropping off.

Edited by Humanoid

I just do 1 AA run a week on the easiest levels because I don't care about AA that much since there are no orbs or grails involved.  It may take me longer to get stones for refines, but at this point I am running out of units to use stones on since most of the refines I want need dew instead.  

3 minutes ago, Tree said:

Yeah, at one point I put some effort into Arena Assault, but this year decided that a few stones and coins wasn't worth it.

my issue is, i'm so behind - there are a lot of seals i need to create (and then refine - on top of the new ones from TT) - I didn't get to do Brazen Atk/Spd for example because i needed to do a lot of stuff for AR etc. but there are some weeks were i am like. meh.

with this one if they did actually reduce it to 5, that would be great. 6-7 is when the slog feels real. 

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

I wouldn't be opposed to the refinement being Aerobatics. I wonder if they're going to get rid of the speed penalty on Amiti.

Aerobatics plus flier formation sounds fun. You will be back to get rid of the penalty in any case if you chose the spd refine over the special effect refine. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Aerobatics plus flier formation sounds fun. You will be back to get rid of the penalty in any case if you chose the spd refine over the special effect refine. 

or flier guidance. 
aerobatics would be nice though because she could work on some mixed teams

2 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I just do 1 AA run a week on the easiest levels because I don't care about AA that much since there are no orbs or grails involved.  It may take me longer to get stones for refines, but at this point I am running out of units to use stones on since most of the refines I want need dew instead.  

Same. At this point I've got huge stockpiles of coins, stones, and dew, so I just auto-battle through the lowest level.

I just noticed that Greil and Brave Ike have the same sprite pose! No other infantry or armor axe wielders use their pose. This is a neat touch to reference how Ike takes after his dad. ^^

About the topic of AA, I’m also another one that actually don’t care it enough to do more than 1 battle per week. Now that AR and Alligerance Battle are a thing, AA shows how boring it is. I guess I wouldn’t even realize if one day the mode is not longer there 

that moment that you aren't sure what you desire more of. 
Distant Counter Fodder (which won't be back until September - Bad Time - or July - which is my birthday month so i really don't know if i want to be smacked, and smacked hard). 

or

+atk Caeda. 

it is driving me crazy. I don't even see Caeda anymore - she is now officially missing (just like Est). never see them. I finally got my +atk Fir, my +Atk Silvia, but still no +atk Caeda. but i'd really like to give her, Clair, and Camilla distant counter (so i've got some nice magic tanks, and another mixed tank so it's just not Myrrh, which - who knows if she'll get a banner - i think i missed the majority of hers too). 

Like. i don't need Raighs. i need Caedas. 
(and Flying Olivia but i mean that's just a horse of a different colour). 

but i am also tired of getting hurt on legendary banners. it is quite the suckypants.

So, after having some premium manuals getting dust in my barracks and 40K feathers, I’ve done some things that previously I couldn’t (since I was merging Effie and Aversa):

Lachesis: +Atk, Absorb+ [Dazzling], Physic+, Windfire Balm, Atk/Res Bond 3, Wrathful Staff 3,  Even Atk Wave

Selena: Armorsmasher+ [Def], Reposition, Bonfire, Close Defense 3, Wrath 3, Threaten Spd 3

Also given Swift Sparrow 2 to Louise

Another sprite thing I noticed was that the hilt of Lloyd's Regal Blade displays correctly during his map ready animation now. For reference:

Edited by Kaden

I've managed to 5 star level 40 all the units in my Catalogue. With the exceptions of Soren, Henry, Saizo, and Thea because I don't have good enough natures for these units to justify promoting. Add Silas to the list because I have never pulled him. Are we SURE he was demoted? Waiting on optimal natures, or at least optimal boons for these units could take years, so I guess I have nothing to do with my feathers at this point besides merge projects. I expected to have some ideas for merge projects by this point, but let's see...I've got exactly enough 4 star manuals of Reinhardt to +10 him so that's quite the sign. My only merge project thus far has been Masked Marth and I got a lot of mileage out of her for PvE maps. Reinhardt ought to be good for the same reason.

So I did a thing.

Spoiler

eGzA7Mk.pngnss4gqf.png

fYpNY2O.pngCgs5ILC.png

Etruria Fam. I happened upon a great IV Pent while Tanith hunting on the newest bride banner, Louise honestly looks gorgeous in this art, and I randomly got a great IV Clarine fairly recently. Had to wait a bit to get enough refining stones for her, and I'm now at literally zero of those lol which is why neither Pent or Louise have refines yet (they'll eventually get Atk and Spd respectively), but yeah.

I honestly have only used Klein a lot out of them right now, but his parents and sister are still kinda recent acquisitions for me, so we'll see. Mostly budget skill sets since I don't plan to invest a whole lot into them except for Klein because he's just so useful with his prf now. Just thought this'd be a fun little thing.

@Fire Emblem Fan (since you'd probably enjoy this) @Rezzy And whoever else cares. 😛

Edited by Anacybele

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

So I did a thing.

Hide contents

A0RRH2l.pngBa7g9BB.png

XtcIG1Z.pngxscF6hx.png

Etruria Fam. I happened upon a great IV Pent while Tanith hunting on the newest bride banner, Louise honestly looks gorgeous in this art, and I randomly got a great IV Clarine fairly recently. Had to wait a bit to get enough refining stones for her, and I'm now at literally zero of those lol which is why neither Pent or Louise have refines yet (they'll eventually get Atk and Spd respectively), but yeah.

I honestly have only used Klein a lot out of them right now, but his parents and sister are still kinda recent acquisitions for me, so we'll see. Mostly budget skill sets since I don't plan to invest a whole lot into them except for Klein because he's just so useful with his prf now. Just thought this'd be a fun little thing.

@Fire Emblem Fan (since you'd probably enjoy this) @Rezzy And whoever else cares. 😛

I can see what you meant by your text, but it looks like the links are broken.

20 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I can see what you meant by your text, but it looks like the links are broken.

Weird, they show up just fine for me.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Weird, they show up just fine for me.

The images are probably cached on your browser. That's the typical culprit when images work for one person (who saw the images before the links broke) and not everyone else. All you can really do is try uploading them again.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The images are probably cached on your browser. That's the typical culprit when images work for one person (who saw the images before the links broke) and not everyone else. All you can really do is try uploading them again.

Huh. Imgur WAS acting weird when I was trying to upload them. It took a few tries to get it them to appear in my account there. Maybe that's what caused it.

Don't mind me, I'm just admiring this Clarine I just encountered in Arena:

Spoiler

5kDrQOJ.png?1

I don't need to point out what's wrong with this picture, right?

Oh, and there was also this gem in the same team:

Spoiler

ETuPLmJ.png?1

For the record: she is also +10.

@Rezzy I reuploaded the pics and had no issues this time, so they should show up now. At least I hope they do. xP

@Tybrosion That Clarine lacks a refine, that's the only problem I see there. It's an odd build overall, but I don't see anything that screams really bad. That Fjorm on the other hand...did this person forget that she already has innate Distant Counter? That's a waste of a Hector/Hrid right there. Especially if it was a Hrid to get sacrificed since siblings.

Edited by Anacybele

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That Clarine lacks a refine, that's the only problem I see there. It's an odd build overall, but I don't see anything that screams really bad.

That Panic she's got there is also decidedly lacking a +.....even though she's a +10 5* and thus gained enough SP just through the merges (1,200) to pay off both Panic+ and the refine for it. I just couldn't help but not be utterly baffled by those facts.

25 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh, and there was also this gem in the same team:

Looks like the DC on Fjorm is for Arena scoring. (Either that or they think it gets around Sacae's Blessing.)

Could be that Panic was needed to do some random bit of content but she wasn't meant to run it as her main weapon in ordinary circumstances. It's not her default weapon, after all (which is Fear+).

Fjorm's DC for scoring purposes makes sense, but in that scenario you'd think you'd run something better than HP+5 on Clarine which is a low-scoring skill.