Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Could be that Panic was needed to do some random bit of content but she wasn't meant to run it as her main weapon in ordinary circumstances. It's not her default weapon, after all (which is Fear+).

Fjorm's DC for scoring purposes makes sense, but in that scenario you'd think you'd run something better than HP+5 on Clarine which is a low-scoring skill. 

Clarine is a low-scoring unit already, so using her at all doesn't make sense for score (unless you're using pain/savage blow to get easy KOs with the bonus unit).

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

10 minutes ago, Tree said:

Looks like the DC on Fjorm is for Arena scoring. (Either that or they think it gets around Sacae's Blessing.)

Problem with that is, unless if DC specifically is worth more for scoring for some reason, any of the Tier 4 skills also have the same base SP cost of 300. This team also happened to have a +10 Amelia and a +10 vanilla Myrrh, so you'd think that they'd have the resources to get Fjorm something like Fort. Def/Res 3 instead of double dipping with the DC.

10 minutes ago, Tree said:

Clarine is a low-scoring unit already, so using her at all doesn't make sense for score (unless you're using pain/savage blow to get easy KOs with the bonus unit).

It's unlikely I suppose since having a Fjorm+10 probably indicates some whalish tendencies, but for someone with limited resources for merges, having Clarine be one of your best scoring units isn't impossible. My Cecilia+10 for instance is optimal for my scoring during Fire weeks, and she has the same low BST. The one time I ever got to T21 was powered by Cecilia. Granted this Clarine has no elemental blessing however.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Problem with that is, unless if DC specifically is worth more for scoring for some reason, any of the Tier 4 skills also have the same base SP cost of 300. This team also happened to have a +10 Amelia and a +10 vanilla Myrrh, so you'd think that they'd have the resources to get Fjorm something like Fort. Def/Res 3 instead of double dipping with the DC. 

The Fjorm could have been built before tier 4 A-skills were implemented and they decided it wasn't worth spending more premium fodder on a cheerleader I suppose.

Edited by Humanoid

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That's true, but the DC might have been an old investment before Tier 4 skills were introduced. I imagine that they would have better targets than Fjorm for the new Tier 4 skills. Being a guaranteed bonus probably is enough to keep her in use, but that might not be enough to replace an already high scoring skill (unless they have unlimited resources.)

[edit]

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It's unlikely I suppose since having a Fjorm+10 probably indicates some whalish tendencies, but for someone with limited resources for merges, having Clarine be one of your best scoring units isn't impossible. My Cecilia+10 for instance is optimal for my scoring during Fire weeks, and she has the same low BST. Granted this Clarine has no elemental blessing however.

There are a lot of free-to-play players with +10 Fjorms considering how often she is a bonus unit and how many Legendary banners she has been on.

Edited by Tree

28 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That Panic she's got there is also decidedly lacking a +.....even though she's a +10 5* and thus gained enough SP just through the merges (1,200) to pay off both Panic+ and the refine for it. I just couldn't help but not be utterly baffled by those facts.

Maybe that person ran out of feathers or fodder for it. Clarine doesn't normally come with Panic, she comes with Fear.

While we're talking about her though, I noticed that my Clarine and Pent both have the exact same IVs. lol Definitely got a true family going on there.

8 minutes ago, Tree said:

That's true, but the DC might have been an old investment before Tier 4 skills were introduced. I imagine that they would have better targets than Fjorm for the new Tier 4 skills. Being a guaranteed bonus probably is enough to keep her in use, but that might not be enough to replace an already high scoring skill (unless they have unlimited resources.)

[edit]

There are a lot of free-to-play players with +10 Fjorms considering how often she is a bonus unit and how many Legendary banners she has been on. 

It's mildly amusing to me now how three people are discussing edge cases to justify a weird arena team, heh. Seeing now that the player also has a +10 Amelia and Myrrh makes the F2P theory rather improbable now though. Another theory would be that the player is no longer active and the Clarine is a carry-over from when she was a bonus unit - she was one as recently as late March. The weird skills might have been switched in later, or perhaps the additional SP from optimising them wouldn't have increased the overall team score.

...I don't know why I'm continuing to try to justify this person's arena team for them.🤔

10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It's mildly amusing to me now how three people are discussing edge cases to justify a weird arena team, heh. Seeing now that the player also has a +10 Amelia and Myrrh makes the F2P theory rather improbable now though.

Amelia and Myrrh are both green which is the easiest five star color to get based on the color distribution.

(Brave Lyn and Brave Hector have been really useful, so I've been slowly getting merges for them. They are not green, so it's taken many, many orbs, but I now have enough merges for +10 Brave Lyn and +9 Brave Hector. With long-term planning, you can still get 5* +10 units without spending money, but you have to be very patient and wait for many reruns. I did buy the $4 Black Knight starter pack, but I don't think that helped much. 😀)

18 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Another theory would be that the player is no longer active and the Clarine is a carry-over from when she was a bonus unit - she was one as recently as late March. The weird skills might have been switched in later, or perhaps the additional SP from optimising them wouldn't have increased the overall team score.

...I don't know why I'm continuing to try to justify this person's arena team for them.🤔

Yeah, I don't know either. I think we're all just curious at this point considering the oddities on that team.

With the forum upgrade, I noticed some of the smileys have changed. I'm not quite sure what the use for this one is, but it is strange looking: 🤪

4 minutes ago, Tree said:

Amelia and Myrrh are both green which is the easiest five star color to get based on the color distribution.

(Brave Lyn and Brave Hector have been really useful, so I've been slowly getting merges for them. They are not green, so it's taken many, many orbs, but I now have enough merges for +10 Brave Lyn and +9 Brave Hector. With long-term planning, you can still get 5* +10 units without spending money, but you have to be very patient and wait for many reruns. I did buy the $4 Black Knight starter pack, but I don't think that helped much. 😀)

Yeah, I don't know either. I think we're all just curious at this point considering the oddities on that team.

With the forum upgrade, I noticed some of the smileys have changed. I'm not quite sure what the use for this one is, but it is strange looking: 🤪

I can't relate to the +10 thing because my orb usage is way too haphazard to focus on any one unit. My highest merged 5* exclusive is still Legendary Ephraim, who I got to +4 entirely by accident. One day perhaps, but there's no one out of the current line-up I'd really target at the moment.

And yeah, I almost never use actual smileys beyond the ubiquitous text ones that get auto-converted, but looking through them just now and there are some oddities. Like why would I use the middle finger one unless specifically trying to get eclipse to bring out the banhammer? 🙊

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

So I did a thing.

Reveal hidden contents

eGzA7Mk.pngnss4gqf.png

fYpNY2O.pngCgs5ILC.png

Etruria Fam. I happened upon a great IV Pent while Tanith hunting on the newest bride banner, Louise honestly looks gorgeous in this art, and I randomly got a great IV Clarine fairly recently. Had to wait a bit to get enough refining stones for her, and I'm now at literally zero of those lol which is why neither Pent or Louise have refines yet (they'll eventually get Atk and Spd respectively), but yeah.

I honestly have only used Klein a lot out of them right now, but his parents and sister are still kinda recent acquisitions for me, so we'll see. Mostly budget skill sets since I don't plan to invest a whole lot into them except for Klein because he's just so useful with his prf now. Just thought this'd be a fun little thing.

@Fire Emblem Fan (since you'd probably enjoy this) @Rezzy And whoever else cares. 😛

The images aren't showing up for me, either, but I definitely get what you're talking about! That's super cool!

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

The images aren't showing up for me, either, but I definitely get what you're talking about! That's super cool!

I just reuploaded them and had no issues doing so, they should be working. If not, there's nothing more I can do.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yep, also fitting that Clarine has the same IV combo as her father too. XD

Like father like daughter! XD
I haven't gotten a 5-star Clarine, or one with good IVs, but I would definitely consider training her up if I did JUST to complete the family! I have an +Atk Pent and an +Atk Klein, and of course Louise.

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Like father like daughter! XD
I haven't gotten a 5-star Clarine, or one with good IVs, but I would definitely consider training her up if I did JUST to complete the family! I have an +Atk Pent and an +Atk Klein, and of course Louise.

And sounds like you've got a like-father-like-son thing going on there yourself, awesome. XD

And yeah, go for it if you ever get that Clarine! They're a fine looking family, even if I honestly prefer the kids over the parents character-wise. And even then, Clarine is kind of a brat sometimes, imo. But she gets points for telling off Narcian since he's a creepy bastard and that was just a cool moment for Clarine in general (I saw this when I tried watching an FE6 let's play once).

Tomorrow I survived the bait banners. I should rather wait to see if I can merge Sonya later. She is at +6 already so with a 3 hero banner depending on my luck  this should be ok.
Of course after I saved up enough to say I can stay with these amount of orbs or having +10 Rinkah then... For the next banner I would have around 600 + 200 untouched orbs ready. I just don't believe it will be Fates. Its still too early. 

The next 2 new banners should be picked carefully I think. August will have brave heroes and I believe September will have a Three Houses banner if this will not be already done next month. Which kind of blocks again. Dang xD. Still so many precious characters missing...

Pitybroken by Ike, Brave Celica, and Leo before finally getting Elincia off of the Flier Formation banner. Yo, what the fuck.

Not to mention a far below average 4.9% overall 5-star rate. Well, there went all of the budget that I saved from getting lucky on the Legendary and Bride banners.

That's also my 18th copy of vanilla Ike with absolutely none of them being +Atk. Ike can go fuck himself.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I have a whopping 1 Orb left after last night's Mythic banner spree.

I achieved my goals, but I will be very sad if we get a Special Fighter or G Duel Infantry banner soon.

Edited by MrSmokestack

I think it might be better to respond here about 3 vs 4 person Foci in the Weapons thread.

Is there a reason why they cannot release 6 Hero Foci like they did in the beginning of the game? And instead of having 6 Heroes on 1 Focue, they can do 2 Foci with 3 Heroes each.

The only reason I can think of is cost since it is not cheap to hire artists, voice actors, etc.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think it might be better to respond here about 3 vs 4 person Foci in the Weapons thread.

Is there a reason why they cannot release 6 Hero Foci like they did in the beginning of the game? And instead of having 6 Heroes on 1 Focue, they can do 2 Foci with 3 Heroes each.

The only reason I can think of is cost since it is not cheap to hire artists, voice actors, etc.

If it's a cost /pacing thing then the most generous thing they could do it just do 2x2 banners. 😄

23 minutes ago, XRay said:

This is half of the reason.

The other half of the reason is that the extra cost of hiring the content creators isn't offset by a proportional amount of revenue.

For example, I have the budget to get approximately 3 +10 characters every 2 months or so, but the game currently releases about 18 new banner characters (1 Legendary, 1 Mythic, 4 4-character banners) every 2 months. If they increased the number of characters on each new character banner from 4 to 5, they'd release 22 new banner characters every 2 months, but I'd still only be able to spend the money for 3 +10 characters. They get no extra revenue from me, but they spent 20% more money creating more characters.

Basically, minnows are the only players that can be easily convinced to spend more money than they already do from character representation alone, and the amount of extra revenue gained through this doesn't offset the higher cost of creating more characters.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I'm glad now that there won't be anymore maps added to Blessed Gardens. Several of them are way too hard and should've been toned down a bit. I've been trying a crapload of team combinations on the remaining wind maps and none work. I have plenty of wind blessed units too, so there should have been SOMETHING that worked.

Edited by Anacybele

So today at work I kept thinking I was hearing someone talking to me. Finally I realized it was coming from my pocket, ie my phone. So I pop it out and see Pent and hear him talking about Louise. Apparently I somehow opened FEH, Navigated to Pent's status screen, and then continuously activated his talk. . . all while the phone was in my pocket. That or he just really wanted to talk about Louise and did it all himself. I prefer that option. Else wise I have to consider the fact that I could possibly butt delete important skill fodder somehow.