Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Ah. I didn't realize you liked Nah, I just knew Cynthia as the one you were waiting for.

Haha, I've noticed that I'm hoarding all the non-mythic/legendary dragons so I might as well keep the trend up. Please she's really cute and has nice skills. Infantry can now run both a Breath skill as well as DC, which is kind of cool.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Thane said:

Haha, I've noticed that I'm hoarding all the non-mythic/legendary dragons so I might as well keep the trend up. Please she's really cute and has nice skills. Infantry can now run both a Breath skill as well as DC, which is kind of cool.

Well, have fun trying to get her, the red pool even now is such a pain.

36 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, have fun trying to get her, the red pool even now is such a pain.

Thanks! I should have some 350 orbs, as well as most of the Chain Challenges left, but yeah, I also want to be able to roll on summer banners and for Hector when he comes back. It'll be tough!

Hello, sirs, ladies, and non-binary manaketes. I wrote down the dates for the Revival banners if y'all want to plan ahead for your rolls.

Check it

Edited by NekoKnight

Oh thank goodness, I can skip this banner and not feel bad. Nah looks nice and they did great with Brady's art, but I'm not jiving with this banner. Had Inigo been on here, I'd had to have start digging for my wallet. Time to save for whatever beach dudes are coming.

6 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Lyre could be another candidate. Now that all the Awakening and Fates beasts are in the game, does this mean we're going to get another Tellius banner soon because IS and the fanbase sure loves beast units. 

Certainly possible. The next New Heroes banner should be far enough from the previous two, and I do think they'll do one more Tellius banner this year to introduce dragon laguz. If they aren't too worried about a specific theme, they could do something like:

• Ena: Red armor
  • Kurthnaga: Blue armor
  • Volug: Green infantry (demote)
  • Lyre: Colorless cavalry

That'd cover four of the five remaining beast unit types, all except green armor. Not that IS has tended to do things quite that cleanly, but it's a possibility.

9 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Uuuugh... can we PLEASE just get the goddamn Refinery update? I could care less if they made an actual "bikinis made of single strands of yarn" banner with all girls, I wanna see if Saizo can be made good.

Lool, me right now, but instead of waiting for Saizo I'm curious to see Oscar's refine and see if he's worthy of promoting. My Dew is either going to Elincia, Oscar or someone I already have.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Certainly possible. The next New Heroes banner should be far enough from the previous two, and I do think they'll do one more Tellius banner this year to introduce dragon laguz. If they aren't too worried about a specific theme, they could do something like:

That'd cover four of the five remaining beast unit types, all except green armor. Not that IS has tended to do things quite that cleanly, but it's a possibility.

Actually I'm more inclined to Volug being the colorless rather than Lyre.

6 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Lool, me right now, but instead of waiting for Saizo I'm curious to see Oscar's refine and see if he's worthy of promoting. My Dew is either going to Elincia, Oscar or someone I already have.

Actually I'm more inclined to Volug being the colorless rather than Lyre.

Volug would be infantry, and we already have a colorless beast infantry. The missing beast unit types are colorless cavalry, green infantry, and red/blue/green armored. The whole reason I care about Volug and Lyre is filling those.

To be fair, I don't think those are necessarily the most suitable colors for them. But if not them, then who else? I guess Muarim has a good case for green infantry, but he isn't exactly popular.

32 minutes ago, Othin said:

Volug would be infantry, and we already have a colorless beast infantry. The missing beast unit types are colorless cavalry, green infantry, and red/blue/green armored. The whole reason I care about Volug and Lyre is filling those.

To be fair, I don't think those are necessarily the most suitable colors for them. But if not them, then who else? I guess Muarim has a good case for green infantry, but he isn't exactly popular.

But we'd be in the same position as red archer, wouldn't we? I guess Norne is a fine choice for it.

But following your point, yeah, Lyre would be the last beast cavalry option (?). But I think Nasir fits blue armor better than Kurth, as Kurth is a black dragon I think he'd be a colorless dragon, but flier.

Muarim makes up for the best green infantry candidate. Actually, I can think of a LEA banner adding all of their members.

Tormod - red mage (Raudrserpent) @Sunwoo

Muarim - green beast infantry

Vika - colorless beast flier

Edited by Quintessence

Just now, Quintessence said:

But we'd be in the same position as red archer, wouldn't we? I guess Norne is a fine choice for it.

But following your point, yeah, Lyre would be the last beast cavalry option (?). But I think Nasir fits blue armor better than Kurth, as Kurth is a black dragon I think he'd be a colorless dragon, but flier.

Muarim makes up for the best green infantry candidate. Actually, I can think of a LEA adding all of the members.

At this point, pretty much any archer could be a red bow. The only restriction is that they'd probably want to start with some 5* exclusive infantry archer, and the only one of those we've gotten in the past half a year is Alm. Alm was a bit of a special case, being the second Pair Up legendary when the previous one was already red, and being a legendary at all when we'd gotten two colored bow legendaries but no colorless bow ones. We'll get another one eventually.

As for Kurth, I think they'll keep all the dragon laguz to armors, to keep their power set standardized. Also, he doesn't fly when not transformed.

Tormod would be nice. Maybe round out the banner with Volug? He could be colorless, if Vika is blue.

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not expecting no demotions on this one. The Fates beast banner was treated the same as Farfetched Heroes (because it pretty much was all of the characters that had to be skipped previously due to the weapon type not existing), and the new Fallen Heroes banner was treated the same as the other alt-focused banners (Fallen Heroes and Adrift).

Brady is likely demoting because I don't think the Push skills (especially anything that isn't Atk/Spd) or Infantry Rush are premium enough to prevent demotion. That said, I also would not at all be surprised if Kjelle is demoted despite her having Bold Fighter. With every armor and their mom coming with one of Bold Fighter or Vengeful Fighter these days, it's kind of silly just how often it's on a banner. It's almost like the situation with Swift Sparrow.

Should be Monday evening (in North America).

I'd be surprised if BF got demoted, though it would be nice.  Seeing Vengeful Fighter get demoted might be a bit more realistic, since it's not quite as OP, but that would also be assuming we ever got an Armor unit to demote in the first place.  Our 4* pool of armors is the exact same as launch day.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Operating under the assumption that Dragon Laguz won't count as Breath. Though to be fair, there are with Yin-Yarne's inclusion only 11 all-Tellius Beasts left:

1. Lyre
  2. Muarim
  3. Kyza
  4. Giffca
  5. Skrimir
  6. Volug
  7. Janaff
  8. Ulki
  9. Nealuchi
  10. Vika
  11. Rafiel

However, if we attach the Dragon Laguz to Bantu, Nagi, ED Medeus, SD Medeus, Mila, Nils, Anankos, and Lilith, we've only 13 Breaths to add. A similar number to the Beasts sans Dragon Laguz.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Operating under the assumption that Dragon Laguz won't count as Breath. Though to be fair, there are with Yin-Yarne's inclusion only 11 all-Tellius Beasts left:

1. Lyre
  2. Muarim
  3. Kyza
  4. Giffca
  5. Skrimir
  6. Volug
  7. Janaff
  8. Ulki
  9. Nealuchi
  10. Vika
  11. Rafiel

However, if we attach the Dragon Laguz to Bantu, Nagi, ED Medeus, SD Medeus, Mila, Nils, Anankos, and Lilith, we've only 13 Breaths to add. A similar number to the Beasts sans Dragon Laguz.

Looking at it another way, that's still about 5 banners worth, assuming they were nothing but Beasts/Dragons.  Assuming they pace them out at all, that's still several years.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

1. Lyre
  2. Muarim
  3. Kyza
  4. Giffca
  5. Skrimir
  6. Volug
  7. Janaff
  8. Ulki
  9. Nealuchi
  10. Vika
  11. Rafiel

Me ideallistically thinking of the possibility of adding either Rajaion or Almedha to that pool.

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not expecting no demotions on this one. The Fates beast banner was treated the same as Farfetched Heroes (because it pretty much was all of the characters that had to be skipped previously due to the weapon type not existing), and the new Fallen Heroes banner was treated the same as the other alt-focused banners (Fallen Heroes and Adrift).

Brady is likely demoting because I don't think the Push skills (especially anything that isn't Atk/Spd) or Infantry Rush are premium enough to prevent demotion. That said, I also would not at all be surprised if Kjelle is demoted despite her having Bold Fighter. With every armor and their mom coming with one of Bold Fighter or Vengeful Fighter these days, it's kind of silly just how often it's on a banner. It's almost like the situation with Swift Sparrow.

Should be Monday evening (in North America).

Imho actually Brady and Kjelle should be demoted. None of the skills they bring to the table is relevant, or has been on a dozen banners/other units, or are weak and dont sport any exclusiv weapons. But I guess Brady will demote because Kjelle holds those new AR A-Slot skills noone gives a crap about

52 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Imho actually Brady and Kjelle should be demoted. None of the skills they bring to the table is relevant, or has been on a dozen banners/other units, or are weak and dont sport any exclusiv weapons. But I guess Brady will demote because Kjelle holds those new AR A-Slot skills noone gives a crap about

Kjelle has what's probably still one of the most sought-after inheritable skills. Might actually be the most sought-after rare Tier 3 passive, I'm not sure what else could claim that title.

It's been almost two years since our last double demote, anyway. I don't think that's coming back.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

But I guess Brady will demote because Kjelle holds those new AR A-Slot skills noone gives a crap about

The reason no one gives a crap about them is because (1) they don't provide a substantial enough boost to stats relative to their rarity and (2) the stat combinations that actually matter don't exist yet.

For offense, the first round of combat is the most important, and you're realistically only consistently getting the +4 boost for that, which is flat out worse than other options, and the stat combination that would actually matter the most, Def/Res, which might actually let a player target buildings instead of units, doesn't yet exist... except it's also 9 out of 10 times worse than Distant Def 4. Basically, unless the offense skills actually get dropped to the 4-star pool, there's no good reason to ever use them over another, better 5-star-exclusive skill.

For defense, we don't have Atk/Spd yet, which would actually be relevant (if you position your buildings right, the opponent can't destroy your buildings and keep their units out of harm's reach simultaneously), and even then, it and the others that have been released compete with skills that have been available longer, like Atk/Spd Solo, Sturdy Impact, and Bonus Doubler, among others.

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

Kjelle has what's probably still one of the most sought-after inheritable skills. Might actually be the most sought-after rare Tier 3 passive, I'm not sure what else could claim that title.

It's been almost two years since our last double demote, anyway. I don't think that's coming back.

On the other hand, it's almost a joke now just how often Bold Fighter appears on just the Legendary/Mythic Hero banners.

Of the past 12 Legendary/Mythic Hero banners, 7 of them have had a unit with Bold Fighter, and only 1 of the remaining 5 banners had neither Bold Fighter nor Vengeful Fighter on it.

While Kjelle is less likely than Brady (who has pretty much nothing of real consequence) to be a demote, I would not at all be surprised if she somehow does for whatever reason or another (with or without Brady).

Edited by Ice Dragon

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The reason no one gives a crap about them is because (1) they don't provide a substantial enough boost to stats relative to their rarity and (2) the stat combinations that actually matter don't exist yet.

For offense, the first round of combat is the most important, and you're realistically only consistently getting the +4 boost for that, which is flat out worse than other options, and the stat combination that would actually matter the most, Def/Res, which might actually let a player target buildings instead of units, doesn't yet exist... except it's also 9 out of 10 times worse than Distant Def 4. Basically, unless the offense skills actually get dropped to the 4-star pool, there's no good reason to ever use them over another, better 5-star-exclusive skill.

For defense, we don't have Atk/Spd yet, which would actually be relevant (if you position your buildings right, the opponent can't destroy your buildings and keep their units out of harm's reach simultaneously), and even then, it and the others that have been released compete with skills that have been available longer, like Atk/Spd Solo, Sturdy Impact, and Bonus Doubler, among others.

On the other hand, it's almost a joke now just how often Bold Fighter appears on just the Legendary/Mythic Hero banners.

Of the past 12 Legendary/Mythic Hero banners, 7 of them have had a unit with Bold Fighter, and only 1 of the remaining 5 banners had neither Bold Fighter nor Vengeful Fighter on it.

While Kjelle is less likely than Brady (who has pretty much nothing of real consequence) to be a demote, I would not at all be surprised if she somehow does for whatever reason or another (with or without Brady).

Two demotes would be splendid and would actually give me more options for +10 projects, since one new 4* every other month is pretty pathetic.

5 hours ago, Quintessence said:

Muarim makes up for the best green infantry candidate. Actually, I can think of a LEA banner adding all of their members.

Tormod seems like he'd be a good choice for Raudrserpent if he doesn't get a personal tome. For some reason, I imagine he will be a semi-tanky mage with good speed and meh attack if his Heroes version is faithful to his Tellius playable versions.

Since he has canonical close ties to two laguz, maybe Tormod does have a better than 0% shot of getting into Heroes.

6 hours ago, Quintessence said:

That is only three units though, you'd need a fourth to complete it. Stefan the guy who shares their desert and has lion blood would be appropriate, if boring due to being sword infantry number 47 IS should have given us Green, Blue and Colorless Swords eons ago. Otherwise, I'm not sure who to add. The LEA are Begnionites, so Devdan, Tanith, Sigrun, Marcia, Makalov, Astrid, and Largo are all to some extent fitting. PoR Child Sothe could work too. Izuka would be okay for a GHB that is 100% generic Beasts besides the boss.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

That is only three units though, you'd need a fourth to complete it. Stefan the guy who shares their desert and has lion blood would be appropriate, if boring due to being sword infantry number 47 IS should have given us Green, Blue and Colorless Swords eons ago. Otherwise, I'm not sure who to add. The LEA are Begnionites, so Devdan, Tanith, Sigrun, Marcia, Makalov, Astrid, and Largo are all to some extent fitting. PoR Child Sothe could work too. Izuka would be okay for a GHB that is 100% generic Beasts besides the boss.

FE9 Sothe would be pretty strange for a banner with Vika, since she's only in FE10.

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

26 minutes ago, Othin said:

FE9 Sothe would be pretty strange for a banner with Vika, since she's only in FE10.

What about Rafiel?

= EDIT =

And add Duke Lekain as GHB for shits and giggles.

Edited by Quintessence

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

What about Rafiel?

= EDIT =

And add Duke Lekain as GHB for shits and giggles.

But then I'm left wondering where Volug went. It'd be a little out of place to include him with anyone other than Rafiel I think. Maybe he could work with other DB members, but that'd be it.

And Lekain would be fine, but then we need his promised wife. And he needs that AoE Silence he can do in RD. Tomes and Staffs begone! You'll have to play this map without them on your side. 

Though Hetzel is more Rafiel's personal mixed relationship, he never actually wields a weapon other than Rewarp (I think for his turn 1 appearance in 4-4), Elsleep, and Elsilence, and is less significant than Lekain.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Rafiel.

Volug can be the Grand Hero Battle, and then we'll have all of the Hatari characters and Tormod's cronies.

Edited by Ice Dragon