Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

31 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

We also need the pink haired husband of his promised wife. The fan reaction should be quite something.

I'd seriously take him if IS gave us a 30 second short video reenacting the scene described below:

Spoiler

Makalov: Uh…yeah…look… Lemme give this back to you.
Astrid: Was there something wrong with my pendant?
Makalov: No! Not at all! That big gem alone could have fetched 5,000 gold, easy.
Astrid: Then why are you giving it back? Aren’t you desperately in need?

[Part 2 (Marcia died)]

Makalov: Well, it’s like this… Just as I was walking into the pawnshop, guess who I see? IKE! What’s he doing in a pawnshop, anyway…? He demanded to know where I got it. And when I told him, he got furious! Started lecturing me about thievery and so forth…
Astrid: But I gave it to you, Makalov.
Makalov: And when I told him, he got MORE angry! He even told me that Marcia would be ashamed… What a low blow! So anyway, I thought I should give it back before he has Soren sneak into my tent and turn me into a newt or something.
Astrid: I see.

Make a love is a gambler, and FEH is gatcha, which is gambling to a degree. Now how could IS use him and the nature of FEH to make some sort of joke? The only one I can see is Gatrie and his gullibility making him fall for some 100 Orbs for $10 scam. And that has nothing to do with Makalov.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Since deciding not to summon on the upcoming Awakening banner, I've been thinking about what upcoming banners I should be saving/looking forward to.  Assuming the same number of banners and a similar schedule to last year, this is what I'm predicting.

Late June: Summer seasonal #1
Early July: Summer seasonal #2
Late July: New Heroes (Almost certainly Three Houses)
Early August: Summer seasonal #3
Late August: CYL3
Early September: New Heroes (could be anything)
Late September: New Heroes (Probably Three Houses again)
Early October: Halloween seasonal
Late October: Book 3 OCs
Early November: "Far-fetched" Heroes
Late November: New Heroes (could be anything)
Early December: New Heroes (could be anything)
Late December: Christmas seasonal

Given the current 4-unit + freebie structure New Hero and Special banners have settled into this year, I'm making the bold assumption that all the Book 3 OCs will be condensed into one banner, with one of them being free (probably Henrietta).  Admittedly I've been staying away from a lot of the Three Houses news, so I don't know how appropriate it would be to have a banner to represent each house, but that's certainly a possibility as well.  The third could fall into one of the late November/early December New Hero banners.  

(speaking personally, I'm looking at early September as the soonest a new unit I might be interested in pulling gets released.  At least I'll have a lot of orbs...)  

17 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Since deciding not to summon on the upcoming Awakening banner, I've been thinking about what upcoming banners I should be saving/looking forward to.  Assuming the same number of banners and a similar schedule to last year, this is what I'm predicting.

Given the current 4-unit + freebie structure New Hero and Special banners have settled into this year, I'm making the bold assumption that all the Book 3 OCs will be condensed into one banner, with one of them being free (probably Henrietta).  Admittedly I've been staying away from a lot of the Three Houses news, so I don't know how appropriate it would be to have a banner to represent each house, but that's certainly a possibility as well.  The third could fall into one of the late November/early December New Hero banners.  

(speaking personally, I'm looking at early September as the soonest a new unit I might be interested in pulling gets released.  At least I'll have a lot of orbs...)  

Problem with "all Book 3 OCs on one banner" is that of the four we've seen so far, three are green.

28 minutes ago, Othin said:

Problem with "all Book 3 OCs on one banner" is that of the four we've seen so far, three are green.

Hm, I think the only instance they've put three of the same color on either a new or special hero banner was the New Mystery one all the way back in mid 2017.  I guess they could put Henrietta on the banner instead (making her a blue mage or something), and make Gustav the free unit.

Edit: Then again, Glitnir seems quite powerful. The OCs will probably be split again. =/

Edited by DLNarshen

Datamine talk:

Seems there's another OC in the files. She seems to just be an NPC so far, but her weapon sure looks like another axe.

Spoiler

New OC eh? I won't lie, her design is very appealing. I hope she's an axe infantry because those are rare as hell. She gives some villain-like vibes but with white clothing so who knows? Regardless, she'll be summonable one way or another in the future. 

And Cynthia's kit is kinda eh (Firesweep Lance/Shove not even Smite/Spd Def Link and Drive Atk). Very similar to Sumia which means she'll be decent~good fodder. I'm still waiting for her stat spread to see if she'll try to compete in the oversaturated offensive lance flier class or if she'll go against Subaki/Tana as a defensive lance flier.

Edit: She's good, balanced stats with a focus on Spd is a wonderful spread for a unit that can get to +10. She'll be able to do an offensive or defensive style so she's set. I'm happy about that.

Edited by Alexmender

Apparently her name is "Thor", which combined with her obnoxious art may suggest a connection to Loki. Loki wasn't on the main 2018 OC banners, so it's possible that Thor won't be on the 2019 ones.

25 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

Elincia’s refine...so simple but so beautiful! A movement based refine would’ve been fun and unique but as someone who regularly uses her for her offense I couldn’t have asked for anything better

me too!
i was thinking a movement built into it - but i love what they gave her.
now i just have to decide if i want to double down on that. (If i had a Tibarn, i'd give her sturdy impact). 

44 minutes ago, Othin said:

Reveal hidden contents

Apparently her name is "Thor", which combined with her obnoxious art may suggest a connection to Loki. Loki wasn't on the main 2018 OC banners, so it's possible that Thor won't be on the 2019 ones.

Spoiler

...A female named Thor? But wasn't Thor always a dude in Norse? Loki in Norse can change up his gender, but Thor can't. Weirdest name choice ever in this game so far imo. Also, I agree with female OCs becoming way too numerous compared to male ones. But if she's cool anyway, I look forward to her!

No one brought up Oscar's refine btw, what is it?

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

me too!
i was thinking a movement built into it - but i love what they gave her.
now i just have to decide if i want to double down on that. (If i had a Tibarn, i'd give her sturdy impact). 

For something cheap you can do Death Blow + Darting Blow Seal + Swift Sparrow refine 😛

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:
  Hide contents

...A female named Thor? But wasn't Thor always a dude in Norse? Loki in Norse can change up his gender, but Thor can't. Weirdest name choice ever in this game so far imo. Also, I agree with female OCs becoming way too numerous compared to male ones. But if she's cool anyway, I look forward to her!

No one brought up Oscar's refine btw, what is it?

Oscar's weapon has a Slaying effect, and the refinement makes it grant +3 Atk/Spd to infantry/cavalry allies within 2 squares as well as to himself when within 2 squares of them.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hide contents

Oscar's weapon has a Slaying effect, and the refinement makes it grant +3 Atk/Spd to infantry/cavalry allies within 2 squares as well as to himself when within 2 squares of them.

I just saw by getting the update myself. So basically the reverse of Cain and Abel's weapons. No thanks, sounds much worse than my Firesweep build. I'm sticking with what I have for him.

I'm sure @mampfoid would love Oscar's refine

Also it's a shame Fates only has To a Foreign Land as its prep theme for the concert hall. If Resolve (Dark) was there (Nohr Preparation Theme) I would have chosen that in a heartbeat (well that or the Echoes prep theme)

25 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hide contents

Ugh, not another "she". The number of female OCs to male OCs is so ridiculous.

Spoiler

I guess since they never give the OCs any personality, they have to rely on eye candy to sell it.

I did get Elincia's refine though. Innate Swift Sparrow? Heck yes!

EDIT: Males can be eye candy too, Rezzy. Even if I'd rather characters have both good designs AND good writing. Why IS would think men can't be attractive, I don't know.

Edited by Anacybele

21 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

For something cheap you can do Death Blow + Darting Blow Seal + Swift Sparrow refine 😛

all of that. 
I've been sitting on my one BLyn Swift Sparrow book - it has been for her but i am always like does she need it? now she gets it in her weapon. hahaha. 
i like the deathblow/darting blow combo though. 
(sigh) i wish i could +10 her. i love her so

2 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Sounds like I'll be able to conserve a hoard of Orbs for the Revivals until maybe early September, when my hopes and dreams will be open ones once more. Although I might spring for Beliwood, taking Mic for my freebie, if only because having an Eliwood sounds nice, and the canon one we have is a real eyeful to look at.  

So about the datamine:

Spoiler

Thor I guess could be a codename, not the real deal. Or perhaps they're referencing the story where Thor had his hammer stolen and had to be disguised as a woman, the beautiful Freya, offered to those who stole it as a bride. In said story, Mjolnir might be a phallic symbol and Thor's loss of it thus means a loss of manhood. Once he reobtains it he smashes apart the thieves though.

On that note, they haven't used Freya yet at all in FE, which I find odd. The Goddess of Love, Marriage, and Sex, and the origin of the English word Friday should be taken by now.

As for the male-female OC count @Sunwoo

Males:

1. Alfonse
  2. Bruno
  3. Surtr
  4. Hrid
  5. Helbindi
  6. Lif
  7. Gustav

Females:

1. Sharena
  2. Anna of Askr
  3. Veronica
  4. Fjorm
  5. Loki
  6. Laejarn
  7. Laevatein
  8. Gunnthra
  9. Yigr
  10. Eir
  11. Hel
  12. Thrasir
  13. Henrietta(?)
  14. "Thor"

So Book 1 was all well and dandy. 3 Females and 2 Males. Book 2 is where things started slipping to the 1:2 male-female ratio it is now.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So basically the reverse of Cain and Abel's weapons.

Not quite.

Cain and Abel's weapons give only themselves a buff (+2 Atk/Def to themselves for each sword/lance/axe cavalry within 2 squares, maximum +6).

Oscar's weapon gives both himself and his allies a buff (+3 Atk/Spd to himself if there is an infantry or cavalry within 2 squares and +3 Atk/Spd to all infantry and cavalry within 2 squares of him).

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On that note, they haven't used Freya yet at all in FE, which I find odd. The Goddess of Love, Marriage, and Sex, and the origin of the English word Friday should be taken by now.

lol I actually am naming my fan Hrid/Sharena daughter Frea which comes from that name and has the same pronunciation. 😛

My one complaint about the art is that Brady looks a bit too cute here.  He's supposed to be a brutish looking guy who's actually a big softie.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oscar's weapon gives both himself and his allies a buff (+3 Atk/Spd to himself if there is an infantry or cavalry within 2 squares and +3 Atk/Spd to all infantry and cavalry within 2 squares of him).

Sounds like a combination of Ranulf and Brave Lucina. Quite fitting as he's sharper and more leaderlike than his siblings and Kieran. I don't really have a use for him atm. I'll probably just hoard feathers and divine dew for the foreseeable future or finally build a Caeda. 

Just now, Icelerate said:

Sounds like a combination of Ranulf and Brave Lucina. Quite fitting as he's sharper and more leaderlike than his siblings and Kieran. I don't really have a use for him atm. I'll probably just hoard feathers and divine dew for the foreseeable future or finally build a Caeda. 

Sounds like a nice Greil Mercenaries reference to me. Mostly infantry and two horses- forgetting about Gatrie that is.