Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 hours ago, Midnox said:

Well, Sharena’s death in the Book III trailer make sense now.

Does it?

It happens seconds after Alfonse (meant to become Lif in this world) fights Lif and Thrasir. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I really hope SAs stop being added soon just like they stopped adding to Blessed Gardens. I still cannot complete anymore of them than I have, even when I try using videos to help and I've always hated this kind of game design because if you lose, you're forced to completely restart and that's just shitty. Orbs and seals shouldn't be locked behind dumb content like this. And even if SAs were easier, I still don't like them because of how tedious they are. Same with Chain Challenges. In fact, CCs are even worse imo, because they throw 10-battle sets at you and after also throwing you two 5-battle ones with the same maps. Completely boring. I wish they'd remove these all together as well, but that's never going to happen as long as we keep getting story and paralogue chapters.

Why would you actively wish for the removal of modes that other people may be enjoying and one if the few ones to still give orb rewards just because you personally are not enjoying it? You don't even need any merged units to clear them.  There's nothing wrong with just leaving it alone if you really hate it rather than wishing that it'd be gone for everyone. I don't wish AR was gone even though I hate it with a burning passion, because other people enjoy it.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Why would you actively wish for the removal of modes that other people may be enjoying and one if the few ones to still give orb rewards just because you personally are not enjoying it? You don't even need any merged units to clear them.  There's nothing wrong with just leaving it alone if you really hate it rather than wishing that it'd be gone for everyone. I don't wish AR was gone even though I hate it with a burning passion, because other people enjoy it.

There's plenty wrong with leaving them alone. I miss out on a lot of orbs. That's what's wrong with leaving them alone.

It's fine to wish a mode or something gone because you don't like it. There's nothing wrong with that.

That being said though, I actually finally cleared SAs 1-5 on top of a few others. Those being the 7th, 9th, and 11-13. I've not been able to clear any others. I'll also say I really need to use GD Ike in as much content as I can, he saves my butt so many times because he's so godly with his +Spd, -HP and because he's Ike, I can love him lots. 😛

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There's plenty wrong with leaving them alone. I miss out on a lot of orbs. That's what's wrong with leaving them alone.

Those are permanent game modes. Those orbs aren't going anywhere. You can come back later to pick them up when you have stronger units and they'll still be there.

Merely having squad assaults and chain challenges in the game at least guarantees you can at least get the orbs later when you're better or find a functional team. Eliminating them means you're getting rid of an entire source of orbs, especially at a time when IS is getting stingier in general about free orbs. And again, there are people who enjoy the squad assault and chain challenge modes. I like chain challenges because I use them as a source of HM and SP grinding when I don't like the day's GHB.

Wishing a mode gone that other people are fine with that isn't actively hurting anyone and is easily clearable using f2p units and has valuable resources like free orbs because you don't like it because you're not good at it is the definition of selfishness.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Those are permanent game modes. Those orbs aren't going anywhere. You can come back later to pick them up when you have stronger units and they'll still be there.

Do not tell me that. I've been told this exact same thing for as long as SAs have existed and pretty much nothing has changed. I don't get "stronger units" or suddenly become able to clear them. The SAs weren't nerfed or anything, my units have been as strong as possible for ages now, etc.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Merely having squad assaults and chain challenges in the game at least guarantees you can at least get the orbs later when you're better or find a functional team. Eliminating them means you're getting rid of an entire source of orbs, especially at a time when IS is getting stingier in general about free orbs. And again, there are people who enjoy the squad assault and chain challenge modes. I like chain challenges because I use them as a source of HM and SP grinding when I don't like the day's GHB.

Dude, I didn't mean to get rid of the orbs, just the mode. The orbs can be moved to a new, better mode.

Wishing a mode gone that other people are fine with that isn't actively hurting anyone and is easily clearable using f2p units and has valuable resources like free orbs because you don't like it because you're not good at it is the definition of selfishness.

Then I guess everyone that wishes VG would go away is selfish too. And I've seen several people here say that. But nobody ever called them out. Why are they allowed to wish a mode gone, but I'm not?

is easily clearable

lol if this is true, why am I having so much trouble then?

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

suddenly become able to clear them.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That being said though, I actually finally cleared SAs 1-5 on top of a few others. Those being the 7th, 9th, and 11-13.

You seem to be doing fine at clearing them.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

You seem to be doing fine at clearing them.

Just because I've cleared a small percentage of them doesn't mean they're suddenly easy for me and I have no trouble. Did you forget that there are 23 of them now? I've only cleared 10.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Squad Assaults are less frequent than Blessed Gardens were and always let you use your 20 most suited units.

Not really. The maps are different every time, so some of the 20 units you used in one may not be ideal for another.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Dude, I didn't mean to get rid of the orbs, just the mode. The orbs can be moved to a new, better mode.

Then I guess everyone that wishes VG would go away is selfish too. And I've seen several people here say that. But nobody ever called them out. Why are they allowed to wish a mode gone, but I'm not?

That would be great if they would move the orbs to a better mode. But let's be honest. Do you see any new, better modes in FE lately? Even the Blessed Gardens rewards being moved to Allegiance Battles is technically a downgrade because instead of getting full rewards with no strings attached past beating the map, now you get 1 less dew, 1 less orb, and less feathers if you don't get at least 950 points. Not to mention that the mode basically requires you to have one of Legendary Alm or Legendary Roy to score well. And even if I have Alm, not everyone was lucky enough to nab one.

And yeah, technically people who wish VG would go away are being selfish as well. However, reason they don't get called out while I'm calling you out now is because very few, if any, people here have expressed the same issues with squad assault and chain challenge as you have. Most people seem perfectly fine with it, and at worst the mode existing does not seem to make their Heroes experience worse. And, unlike VG, the orbs and rewards from it are permanently there while VG requires you to join and play if you want to get the rewards. Honestly, people wanting VG gone is still selfish, but it seems comparatively less selfish when you see more people having an issue with the mode as opposed to like ... just one person.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

lol if this is true, why am I having so much trouble then?

I mean maybe you're just not that good at figuring out strategies? I'm not trying to be rude, but as I've stated multiple times before I do not merge any of my 5-stars and even so I've still beaten every single squad assault and blessed gardens and chain challenge that's been released not long after their release. The only ones that have taken me a bit longer were chain challenges back in the day. And the only one I used a guide on was book 1 chain challenge 11+12 with the obnoxious time limits.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Just because I've cleared a small percentage of them doesn't mean they're suddenly easy for me and I have no trouble.

This mode is not supposed to be easily breezed through in the first place.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Did you forget that there are 23 of them now? I've only cleared 10.

And...? You can't climb a stairway without going up a few steps at a time.

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

That would be great if they would move the orbs to a better mode. But let's be honest. Do you see any new, better modes in FE lately? Even the Blessed Gardens rewards being moved to Allegiance Battles is technically a downgrade because instead of getting full rewards with no strings attached past beating the map, now you get 1 less dew, 1 less orb, and less feathers if you don't get at least 950 points. Not to mention that the mode basically requires you to have one of Legendary Alm or Legendary Roy to score well. And even if I have Alm, not everyone was lucky enough to nab one.

Well, Rokkr Sieges is new and looks fun imo. But other than that, no, there hasn't been many new modes, you're right on that one. But also, Rokkr Sieges are coming not all that long after Blessed Gardens stopped being added to, so...who knows? They could very well give us a new mode not long after ending SA if SA were to end.

And yeah, technically people who wish VG would go away are being selfish as well. However, reason they don't get called out while I'm calling you out now is because very few, if any, people here have expressed the same issues with squad assault and chain challenge as you have. Most people seem perfectly fine with it, and at worst the mode existing does not seem to make their Heroes experience worse. And, unlike VG, the orbs and rewards from it are permanently there while VG requires you to join and play if you want to get the rewards. Honestly, people wanting VG gone is still selfish, but it seems comparatively less selfish when you see more people having an issue with the mode as opposed to like ... just one person.

Fair, but how do you know I'm the only one that doesn't like SAs or CCs? In fact, I've actually seen some people on Twitter and other places express dislike for them. My main issue with them, btw, is not even really how hard they are, but that they're tedious and you have to start all over if you lose one unit on one map. Restarting a set of five or especially TEN battles is not fun when you've gotten to the last map or close to it.

I mean maybe you're just not that good at figuring out strategies? I'm not trying to be rude, but as I've stated multiple times before I do not merge any of my 5-stars and even so I've still beaten every single squad assault and blessed gardens and chain challenge that's been released within at least a day or two of their release. And the only one I used a guide on was book 1 chain challenge 11+12 with the obnoxious time limits.

Yeah, I admit I'm not very good at that. But I've tried to get better and I just can't. My brain doesn't seem to be built for learning these things. Maybe it's having autism? I don't want to actually blame that or use it as an excuse or anything, but being autistic CAN limit what you're capable of learning and how you learn.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This mode is not supposed to be easily breezed through in the first place.

I never meant that I wanted it to be that easy. xP

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And...? You can't climb a stairway without going up a few steps at a time.

No, but it's not fun when it's taking you forever to climb those stairs anyway.

Let me tell you a little story. When Super Mario Galaxy 2 was new, I wanted to 100% it just like I did the first game. The first game was a fun challenge, nothing in the game was too hard to me. ...Okay, I admit I hated the Luigi's Purple Coins challenge. But that was the only one that I didn't find fun. Now in Super Mario Galaxy 2, I thought it was a slightly harder game, but still nothing in it made me want to start pulling my hair out. ...Until I got to the final challenge in the game: Grandmaster Galaxy Daredevil Run. I would've given up on it after awhile, but I wanted the satisfaction of 100%ing both Galaxy games so bad. It took me months to finally do it. And you know what, it WAS super satisfying to say that I did it! However, I still don't believe that it was fun at all. It was even less fun than the aforementioned Luigi's Purple Coins level. Super Mario 3D World has a similar final challenge that I gave up on because it reminded me too much of the pain of that Super Mario Galaxy 2 100% run. I don't want that pain again, even if the end result gave me some nice satisfaction. It's not worth it to me. And if that final challenge in SMG2 was a little bit easier? Like, not EASY, but still hard and yet not hard to the point where it takes me months to do it? My satisfaction wouldn't have changed, honestly. I'd have still felt just as happy that I succeeded at such a challenge. In fact, no, I would've felt even happier because it would've been a challenge I actually enjoyed. So it would've changed, but for the BETTER.

Get what I'm saying here? Completing a big challenge you hate will satisfy you. But completing a big challenge you love should satisfy you even more! That's all I'd like.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, Rokkr Sieges is new and looks fun imo. But other than that, no, there hasn't been many new modes, you're right on that one. But also, Rokkr Sieges are coming not all that long after Blessed Gardens stopped being added to, so...who knows? They could very well give us a new mode not long after ending SA if SA were to end.

Fair, but how do you know I'm the only one that doesn't like SAs or CCs? In fact, I've actually seen some people on Twitter and other places express dislike for them. My main issue with them, btw, is not even really how hard they are, but that they're tedious and you have to start all over if you lose one unit on one map. Restarting a set of five or especially TEN battles is not fun when you've gotten to the last map or close to it.

I'll hold my judgment on Rokkr Sieges until we actually see what it's like, but if they do it right it could be fun. But Rokkr Sieges seem to be rotating with or outright replacing Grand Conquest (and has a time limit), and IS seems to have a hard-on for arena-esque scoring systems for their other new modes. So unless a new mode came with no time limit and scoring strings attached, much like SA lets you do the maps whenever you want with no penalty, I wouldn't be all that excited about SA being replaced.

You're right that SAs and CCs are not perfect the way they are, as were Blessed Gardens. It would be nice if they'd give us an option to start from where we left off if we can beat the first four maps consistently but the fifth map is difficult. They could even take away the units that were used to clear the previous four maps to simulate a player already having cleared those maps. These are all good suggestions that IS could take. I'm actually okay with chain challenges kicking you out if you lose all of your teams, since they do give you 2-3 teams for longer maps.

And I do agree that there are definitely other people besides you who have an issue with them, it just doesn't seem to be as disliked (or as divisive) as voting gauntlet or AR. I just feel that there's no net benefit in removing SAs and CCs, since they're not a time sensitive mode with a scoring system. It's basically there and shouldn't affect anyone.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I admit I'm not very good at that. But I've tried to get better and I just can't. My brain doesn't seem to be built for learning these things. Maybe it's having autism? I don't want to actually blame that or use it as an excuse or anything, but being autistic CAN limit what you're capable of learning and how you learn.

I can't give you more specific advice without seeing your team or what you're doing, but what I do is that I build every single unit I get. Even the 5-stars with the crappy natures, the 3- and 4-stars that are super outdated and without refines, the units that I hate with a burning passion. They all come in handy so whenever I need someone to do something specific, they're there to do it. I think I was able to beat one of Legendary Lucina's higher leveled battles by dusting off my Xander, a character I dislike and a unit I hadn't used now that I have better red cavaliers, but he was the DC tank I needed to clear that map successfully. My Henry also kills things dead for me in several CCs and other maps, despite being a really bad unit, because I built him anyway.

I know you're kind of picky about units and don't like to build units you hate, but there are characters with very unique niches who can do things with minimal investment, and so building everyone you obtain to the minimum is helpful.

32 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I mean maybe you're just not that good at figuring out strategies? I'm not trying to be rude, but as I've stated multiple times before I do not merge any of my 5-stars and even so I've still beaten every single squad assault and blessed gardens and chain challenge that's been released not long after their release. The only ones that have taken me a bit longer were chain challenges back in the day. And the only one I used a guide on was book 1 chain challenge 11+12 with the obnoxious time limits.

Hey, this pretty much describes me! That's okay though, I know i'm pretty bad at FE/strategy as a whole.

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Get what I'm saying here? Completing a big challenge you hate will satisfy you. But completing a big challenge you love should satisfy you even more! That's all I'd like.

Also, I know how this feels, but with the opposite, I love completing a challenge that I can't stand.

Edited by lightcosmo

17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'll hold my judgment on Rokkr Sieges until we actually see what it's like, but if they do it right it could be fun. But Rokkr Sieges seem to be rotating with or outright replacing Grand Conquest (and has a time limit), and IS seems to have a hard-on for arena-esque scoring systems for their other new modes. So unless a new mode came with no time limit and scoring strings attached, much like SA lets you do the maps whenever you want with no penalty, I wouldn't be all that excited about SA being replaced.

Yeah, true that, and I also don't like how arena scoring works. Mainly, the BST thing needs to just go the fuck away because it keeps resulting in seeing armors everywhere because their BST is the highest. And that means you see a lot of the same annoying opponents and little variety in teams and such. And if you want to score high, you have to use armors. I don't want to use armors, I hate armors and I'm not good with them. And not every bonus unit will be an armor either. I want to be able to score high because I built up a good powerful team and strategy, not because I just had a high merge armor team. So all I say is remove the BST factor, and keep everything else, more or less.

You're right that SAs and CCs are not perfect the way they are, as were Blessed Gardens. It would be nice if they'd give us an option to start from where we left off if we can beat the first four maps consistently but the fifth map is difficult. They could even take away the units that were used to clear the previous four maps to simulate a player already having cleared those maps. These are all good suggestions that IS could take. I'm actually okay with chain challenges kicking you out if you lose all of your teams, since they do give you 2-3 teams for longer maps.

Yeah, I like those suggestions. About CCs, that's fair, but it's still such a slog to go through a whole bunch of those 10-battle CCs.

And I do agree that there are definitely other people besides you who have an issue with them, it just doesn't seem to be as disliked (or as divisive) as voting gauntlet or AR. I just feel that there's no net benefit in removing SAs and CCs, since they're not a time sensitive mode with a scoring system. It's basically there and shouldn't affect anyone.

Okay, that's fair I guess.

I can't give you more specific advice without seeing your team or what you're doing, but what I do is that I build every single unit I get. Even the 5-stars with the crappy natures, the 3- and 4-stars that are super outdated and without refines, the units that I hate with a burning passion. They all come in handy so whenever I need someone to do something specific, they're there to do it. I think I was able to beat one of Legendary Lucina's higher leveled battles by dusting off my Xander, a character I dislike and a unit I hadn't used now that I have better red cavaliers, but he was the DC tank I needed to clear that map successfully. My Henry also kills things dead for me in several CCs and other maps, despite being a really bad unit, because I built him anyway.

I know you're kind of picky about units and don't like to build units you hate, but there are characters with very unique niches who can do things with minimal investment, and so building everyone you obtain to the minimum is helpful.

Oh yeah, I build up as many 5 stars as I can and also some 4 star ones. I've even built up a few I hate like Lucina and Bunny Loki. Though admittedly, I only let Lucina stick around because she happened to have great IVs.

I admit, there are some I still outright refuse to build up, such as any Camillas, but those number few these days. I have no problem building up tons of units with good sets, I just have a hard time putting them to proper use, I guess.

Edited by Anacybele

If Squad Assaults were announced to be ending and its 2 orb rewards added to another monthly game mode, I wouldn't miss 'em. It might even spur me to complete them like how I felt compelled to finish the Blessed Gardens.

11 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

If Squad Assaults were announced to be ending and its 2 orb rewards added to another monthly game mode, I wouldn't miss 'em. It might even spur me to complete them like how I felt compelled to finish the Blessed Gardens.

Yeah, same here, honestly. Though I still have a few Blessed Gardens uncleared as well because I keep having trouble. But I've actually cleared most of them.

I finally have SAs 1-9 all done. GD Ike really does keep saving me! I definitely recommend that those who don't have him try pulling for him next time he's available because he has made a big difference for me all by himself, sometimes literally since I've also solo'd maps with him. He is SO GOOD.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Not really. The maps are different every time, so some of the 20 units you used in one may not be ideal for another.

That's why I said "most suited" - that is, most suited to that specific Squad Assault, not necessarily your best overall.

You could most likely get away with not building certain units. For example, I have 3/6 Camills and I actually don't use any of them because I just don't really need her much. But anyone who has a unique gimmick is a must. Even if you don't like Micaiah, her regular form and dancer form are the only two units that have double effectiveness against horses and armors AND hit resistance, so is always worth building up. Caeda and Clair are likewise worth building if you can get +atk on them, because they have double armor and horse effectiveness too. All DC units are worth building to some degree, and every unit with effectiveness against dragons is also worth keeping around.

Units you don't like as much or want to invest in can be built as a specific counter to one thing as well. My regular Chrom exists solely as a dragon killer, with his +atk and the death blow I gave him a long time ago, for example. And Xander doesn't get to do much nowadays unless there's a lot of green units and I need DC to take out archers and daggers. In contrast, Deirdre -- a unit I invested more in -- is more versatile and is both a magic tank and a dragon killer. You can have a small team of "multi-function" units and many other units who do one thing, but do that one thing well.

Edited by Sunwoo

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's why I said "most suited" - that is, most suited to that specific Squad Assault, not necessarily your best overall.

Oh, then I misunderstood you. Sorry about that.

53 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

And even if I have Alm, not everyone was lucky enough to nab one.

Nor want one, nor trust MH/LH banners unless it is the only possible way of getting a specific character. But that's just me in all likelihood, and I'm 🙃.

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

ow in Super Mario Galaxy 2, I thought it was a slightly harder game

Weird, I thought it the opposite. I managed to get to the Green Stars on SMG2, but never managed to unlock Super Luigi Galaxy in SMG1. I managed to get through the Purple Coins on Rainbow Rainbow Road and the Luigi's Purple Coins Redux, but never the original LPC or Rolling Gizmo Galaxy 😡, or the Melty Molten Daredevil.

13 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I can see how the unending nature of mobile game content could turn one off to completing it. Since it can't be truly completed, it can be unfulfilling or feel like its unscalable. With an end, one has a certain end goal and fixed length, which together make it more manageable and fulfilling. 

I've never done SA, I'll wait until I feel the Orb crunch under deep summoning desires. So not for months I guess.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I really hope SAs stop being added soon just like they stopped adding to Blessed Gardens. I still cannot complete anymore of them than I have, even when I try using videos to help and I've always hated this kind of game design because if you lose, you're forced to completely restart and that's just shitty. Orbs and seals shouldn't be locked behind dumb content like this. And even if SAs were easier, I still don't like them because of how tedious they are. Same with Chain Challenges. In fact, CCs are even worse imo, because they throw 10-battle sets at you and after also throwing you two 5-battle ones with the same maps. Completely boring. I wish they'd remove these all together as well, but that's never going to happen as long as we keep getting story and paralogue chapters.

God forbid something is mildly challenging. I mean you arent forced to do them. I havent touched mine since months due to Time restraints, but I am not bothered. I find it allways a nice option if i have time at hands to go to them and complete them.

The only thing i would liked changed, is that if you complete extreme you autocomplete all the other difficulties instantly. Because thats really boring, repeating something you have beaten in easier modes.

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

God forbid something is mildly challenging.

It's way more than mildly in this case though...

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

The only thing i would liked changed, is that if you complete extreme you autocomplete all the other difficulties instantly. Because thats really boring, repeating something you have beaten in easier modes.

Yeah, this would be nice.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I can see how the unending nature of mobile game content could turn one off to completing it. Since it can't be truly completed, it can be unfulfilling or feel like its unscalable. With an end, one has a certain end goal and fixed length, which together make it more manageable and fulfilling. 

One argument I could see in favor of modes like this is increasing the base amount of orbs you would have access to as a new player. Of course this is some of the hardest PvE content in the game so it may take you like a year to regularly start clearing Squad Assaults. Orbs that exist in regular modes, those are gone forever. But most of us are concurrent players so as long as the orb income each month stays the same we won't mind where those orbs go. We'd even appreciate them being collected through easier means, like say, the final orb reward from a Tempest Trial going from 3 orbs to 5 orbs.