Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've never done SA, I'll wait until I feel the Orb crunch under deep summoning desires. So not for months I guess.

What content do you do? Do you do any of the PvP modes? 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

19 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

What content do you do? Do you do any of the PvP modes? 

Nothing too much. I just:

• Clear out most of the Orb-giving Training Tower quests
  • Do the TTs to a full 50k when they're active
  • Some FBs (but not entirely, they take too long to max, even if they give some Dew)
  • Five Intermediate Arena fights a season
  • Tap Battle if it is giving Orbs
  • Any GHBs on Normal and Hard if I want the character
  • Just enough plays of the current VG or GC to get the full "x number of plays" rewards. Scoring is something I can't compete in.

The Story and Paralogues are saved as rainy day/emergency Orbs (even if it means a loss of Orbs due to associated quests vanishing with time). I haven't tried those puzzle battles whose name escape me at the moment- but I'll always have them if I need the Feathers. I'll do the special training maps if I feel like raising someone up. I don't think I'm strong enough to do any content that calls for multiple teams yet.

It just dawned on me that Oscar is the first unit to receive let alone have a weapon that has a Killer effect, but he does not come with a default special. I wonder who will be the first unit to gain a Wo Dao weapon in a weapon update, but not have a default special. We already have Mordecai for a unit with weapon with a Wo Dao effect, but who doesn't have a default special.

Edited by Kaden

8 hours ago, Kaden said:

It just dawned on me that Oscar is the first unit to receive let alone have a weapon that has a Killer effect, but he does not come with a default special. I wonder who will be the first unit to gain a Wo Dao weapon in a weapon update, but not have a default special. We already have Mordecai for a unit with weapon with a Wo Dao effect, but who doesn't have a default special.

There is Tailtiu.

Her tome, Tome of Thoron, has Wrath on it (at start of turn, if unit HP ≤ 75% and unit's attack triggers special, grants Special Cooldown-1 and deals +10 damage when Special triggers). However, Tailtiu's base set is Rally Spd/Res, Atk/Res+2 and Drive Spd. She doesn't have a Special Skill.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

8 hours ago, Kaden said:

@Diovani Bressan not sure if it counts, but Minerva/Michalis's Hauteclere got the Wo Dao refine despite at the time Blazing Thunder not being affected by Wo Dao effects, and also Minerva having Sacred Cowl.

16 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

There is Tailtiu.

Her tome, Tome of Thoron, has Wrath on it (at start of turn, if unit HP ≤ 75% and unit's attack triggers special, grants Special Cooldown-1 and deals +10 damage when Special triggers). However, Tailtiu's base set is Rally Spd/Res, Atk/Res+2 and Drive Spd. She doesn't have a Special Skill.

Oh yeah, forgot about her. So, yes, she and Oscar would be two units who have a special cooldown reduction effect on their weapons while not having a default special.

15 hours ago, Xenomata said:

@Diovani Bressan not sure if it counts, but Minerva/Michalis's Hauteclere got the Wo Dao refine despite at the time Blazing Thunder not being affected by Wo Dao effects, and also Minerva having Sacred Cowl.

I did think about Hauteclere and Minerva specifically since she has Sacred Cowl, but I figured she does have a special even though Hauteclere's Wo Dao unique refinement wouldn't work with her default special.

Edit: And now I have a 5* Ares and 5* Saizo. Ares for the Sword Master quests and Saizo as another arena bonus unit for the next season and because why not.

Edited by Kaden

2 hours ago, Usana said:

So who is everyone's favorite recipient for the sunglasses? I gotta say Legendary Tiki rocks them pretty well. Sadly you only get to see her jump back and transform once per battle.

I stuck mine on Naga for now. It’s pretty funny. I’ve also been considering Tana: Noble and Nimble, and Hector (works on any of them, but I’d go with Legendary).

I think they look hilarious on Narcian, but I don’t really use him.

2 hours ago, Usana said:

So who is everyone's favorite recipient for the sunglasses? I gotta say Legendary Tiki rocks them pretty well. Sadly you only get to see her jump back and transform once per battle.

I have them on B!Louise right now, but I think regular Lukas will end up with them once I finish FB.

30 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I stuck mine on Naga for now. It’s pretty funny. I’ve also been considering Tana: Noble and Nimble, and Hector (works on any of them, but I’d go with Legendary).

I think they look hilarious on Narcian, but I don’t really use him.

I think LA! Hector looks best with them(particularly the EX variant), but it is true that any Hector can totally pull that look off.

3 hours ago, Usana said:

The only option is clearly Naesala.

42 minutes ago, Usana said:

I think LA! Hector looks best with them(particularly the EX variant), but it is true that any Hector can totally pull that look off.

Yeah, Legendary Hector is just the one I use the most =P .

My younger brother just introduced me to Sunglasses Keaton though. His face, posture, and outfit are all so absolutely perfect for them. Now I wish I actually had a Keaton...

Just now, LordFrigid said:

Yeah, Legendary Hector is just the one I use the most =P .

My younger brother just introduced me to Sunglasses Keaton though. His face, posture, and outfit are all so absolutely perfect for them. Now I wish I actually had a Keaton...

Yeah I can see Keaton working them well. Sadly I also don't have him. Now I am doubly sad about that. No fun dual phase brave, and no cool glasses dude. Oh well, maybe he'll pity break me someday.

I actually just randomly threw the sunglasses on Owain, I don’t really have any meme lords that would fit it (guess I could give it to Reinhardt just because)~

Thinking about Keaton, he’d probably wear them well, haha, I’d give them to him if I didn’t already have an accessory on him~

I've cleared SAs 1-13 now! So that's half of them that I've tackled, mostly on my own. Though not without a lot of trouble. And I got a little bit of help from a video on one of them. I'm probably going to look at more for the others though, I just already spent so much time clearing 13 of them.

I also cleared two more lunatic CCs, but I still hate how tedious they are and many still give me trouble. I wonder if I can find video help on them too, hope so.

I still don't really completely understand the AI, but I've managed to pick up on some repetitive behaviors from them. Like, ranged units seem to prioritize units that cannot counter them, even if they would actually kill a unit that could counter them anyway. Healers prioritize healing. Units with buffing skills or positioning skills will prioritize those. Refreshers are a bit harder to predict, but if there's an armor near them, they seem to always refresh the armor rather than someone else. And if not, they often refresh any unit that's next to them. So it's best to bait refreshers into attacking you or kill them quickly in some other way.

The AI still catches me totally off guard every now and then, and I do recall people having told me some of this in the past. But at the time I didn't really notice how often the AI did this stuff. Now I am and see how to read the AI. Sometimes. xP

Edited by Anacybele

So, with me trying to figure out which blessing to give to a unit based on stuff like affinities, associated elements, the Blazing Blade birthday affinity thing, etc., I looked at the Twelve Crusaders of Jugdral more and wondered which blessing would make sense. Some of them are straightforward like with Ced, Fjalar, and Thrud whose tomes are wind, fire, and thunder, respectively, and I figured Seliph would be light since it's in his title as the Heir of Light and Scion of Light or that Ayra would be astra considering her Regnal Astra. The others I looked into and connected them with stuff like when I gave Leif and Quan Earth Blessings because of Njörun possibly being a goddess of earth which was before learning that the Gáe Bolg is the apparently the Earth Lance in Fire Emblem.

With that, I wonder if these make sense and if anyone has insight on the iffy ones or ones that don't seem to have an association like Neir and Ulir.

Spoiler

The simple ones are Ced, Fjalar, and Thrud given their tomes associated element of wind, fire, and thunder, respectively. We don't have a Thunder Blessing, but fire can be substituted for it and it kind of was for Hector who has a thunder affinity, but is a legendary hero of fire. Also, Baldr, Dain, and Njörun.

With Baldr, he's apparently known as the Holy Knight which is Sigurd's title in Heroes and a god of light and Seliph is known as the Scion of Light and his title in Heroes is the Heir of Light. Baldr of Nordic mythology is also associated with light.

Njörun is Nordic goddess whose history and role are apparently debated and unclear, but her name has been considered as connected to Nerthus and if I'm understanding this correctly, the Nordic equivalent Njörðr. Nerthus is a Germanic? goddess of fertility and also associated with earth as Mother Earth while Njörðr is a Nordic god and unusually, his sister-wife, is unnamed with speculation being that her name is possibly Njörun, Additionally, the Gáe Bolg in Fire Emblem is apparently known as the Earth Lance. Basically, Njörun and Earth Blessings. Dain whose official English name isn't known yet from the looks of it, but with Njörun and Gáe Bolg being earth associated and the Gungnir apparently also being known as the Lance of Heavens, I think Astra would work as a way to parallel them; heaven and earth.

With Od and Balmung, Astra is a skill known by his descendants Ayra, Galzus, Larcei, Mareeta, Shanan, and Ulster. It's a skill, but I figure hey, why not, let's have the Astra heroes be Astra blessed. Coincidentally, Stefan who comes with Astra by default has a heaven affinity. Anyway, that was before looking into it more and Balmung is apparently known as the divine sword. Od is the anglicized form of Óðr who I'm not really sure has anything really connected to astra other than his name can mean "Divine Madness" among other things.

Hezul and Mystletainn. Hezul's name is apparently derived from Höðr which might be the official name in the future. Anyway, all Höðr does is be tricked by Loki into shooting Baldr with a mistletoe arrow, the one thing Baldr was not immune to and where Mystletainn's name also comes from as Mistilteinn, also a sword in mythology, means mistletoe in Icelandic. In Fire Emblem, Hezul was called the Black Knight? and Mystletainn is known as the Demon Sword. So, Dark Blessing I guess. It could also do the whole dark isn't always evil thing.

Heim and Naga and Bragi and Valkyrie I'm not really sure about. If we go with the tome Naga's element and possibly Heim's namesake of Heimdallr, then it should be Light Blessing. The issue is that Naga herself in Heroes is a mythic hero of astra which works with her being a divine dragon, something heavenly and stars, what astra means in Latin, are quite heavenly, and as a contrast to her stance regarding the earth dragons, another heaven and earth thing. Either one would work with Naga and Loptous as well where I gave Julius an Earth Blessing because Loptous is an earth dragon; the tome Loptous is a dark tome. I might change Julius's blessing to a Dark Blessing in the future, but I digress. Anyway, I'm leaning towards Light Blessing, but Astra Blessing might work better to bring Heim's descendants closer to Naga herself.

With Bragi and Valkyrie, Bragi's name comes from the Nordic god of poetry while Valkyrie are female deities who as far as I know, determine those among the dead in battle may enter Valhalla and sometimes serve people in the Valhalla. If you consider Valkyrie as angelic, then astra could work.

Neir and Helswath and Ulir and Yewfelle I have no idea. Neir is the Axe Knight and where his name comes from it's not known or listed. Helswath is made up of "Hel", afterlife in Nordic mythology, and "swath", the row or cut left by a scythe. And then there's Swanchika.

Ulir's, or probably Ullr's, name comes from Ullr, the Nordic god of archery and Yewfelle is what it is: yew which also includes the Japanese name being Ichibaru where Ichi means yew in Japanese, and Ichaival doesn't exist.

TL;DR:

• Astra Blessing: Dain and Od, maybe Heim
  • Dark Blessing: Hezul and Loptous if going off of the dark tome Loptous
  • Earth Blessing: Njörun and Loptous if going off of the earth dragon Loptous
  • Fire Blessing: Fjalar and Thrud where fire is substituted for thunder
  • Light Blessing: Baldr and Heim?
  • Wind Blessing: Ced
  • No idea: Bragi, Neir, and Ulir

13 hours ago, Usana said:

Yeah I can see Keaton working them well. Sadly I also don't have him. Now I am doubly sad about that. No fun dual phase brave, and no cool glasses dude. Oh well, maybe he'll pity break me someday.

I've been pitty broken by Keaton twice now, but that's goes straight to fodder because Special Spiral is just too much fun.

@Kaden Or you could be me and make this accidental mistake:

Spoiler

5dh8ZVA.png?1

And just to put it out there, no. Neither of the Floras got a Fire blessing, specifically because I didn't want the above to happen again though I would've given New Year's Gunnthra a Fire blessing if I had any intentions of letting her live.

I would switch this out if I wasn't such a hard-ass about wasting blessings.

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Reveal hidden contents

5dh8ZVA.png?1

And just to put it out there, no. Neither of the Floras got a Fire blessing, specifically because I didn't want the above to happen again though I would've given New Year's Gunnthra a Fire blessing if I had any intentions of letting her live.

I totally did this on purpose but I will switch out the blessing if Sigurd's Legendary has a different one.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Reveal hidden contents

5dh8ZVA.png?1

Fire emits light. I don't see anything wrong with Sigurd being supported by fellow legendary lords Ephraim, Hector, Marth, and Roy or being buddies with Saias, Mia, Fir, Dorcas, or Arv- Oh... 😛

You and me with the blessing switch. I'd like to switch Eirika, Lilina, and Titania to light blessing from their water blessing, but they already have a blessing and I could give light blessings to these other goons. Which I haven't. My only light blessed hero is L'Arachel who I gave one to so I could do the light blessing quests. Just today did I give a third mythic blessing to someone, an anima blessing to Saizo even though light might have been better so he can get more resistance from Eir, but his birth month is an anima one going off of the Blazing Blade birth month affinity thing. The second one was Selkie for the anima blessing quests. Same reason as Saizo. On the bright side, Duma now has a more serious companion.

Edited by Kaden