Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

If some players can afford 2 Dumas and 2 Yunes, they can afford an extra copy of Sturdy Impact for Lunge.

I'm talking in general of all tiers, but if you're talking about upper tiers then yes.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

55 minutes ago, redlight said:

True that, but at the end of the day it's for certain units with specific effects. However, some units want to fall into desperation range among units with guaranteed doubling. For something like Galeforce.

If +10 Def keeps you out of Desperation range, then you probably should just run a different B skill. Desperation is unnecessary if you simply don't take enough damage to be threatened anymore.

3 hours ago, redlight said:

Sturdy Impact is overrated IMO. If your opponent is doubling you on your PP then you're going at them with the wrong unit or color.

It will have it's uses, but it's not that amazing as some people think

Its not, its very handy for AI controlled units.

Just think of a Kagero + Sturdy Impact + Null Follow up + her Special refine. Good luck killing that one on enemy phase with a super tank when its on a defensiv Team full with wings of Mercy and Hardy Bearings. Hint YOU WILL GO DOWN unless you run Null Follow up yourself and win the Speed check, in which case you cant run Null C-Disrupt.

The skill isnt OP, but it sure as hell makes Playerphase units that much harder to kill.

5 hours ago, redlight said:

Sturdy Impact is overrated IMO. If your opponent is doubling you on your PP then you're going at them with the wrong unit or color.

It will have it's uses, but it's not that amazing as some people think

I see you haven’t run into a Saint King Alm or Kagero with Sturdy Impact + Null Follow Up.

It’s good when used by the AI as it can easily set up Wings of Mercy on their allies. For player controlled units there are better options like Death Blow or Fury.

I'm so close to getting that last female Robin merge myself! One more week!

On another note, I've reached 278 orbs after getting my Coliseum ones and completing a few lunatic CCs. And speaking of which, with some help, I finished all the book I lunatic CCs too. 🙂 I think I can complete some more of them and maybe more SAs as well to reach 300 orbs. Then I'll be in a great position to pull those five Summer Freddy merges I need, especially if I don't want anybody that's on the new summer banner. ...Even though a part of me would still LOVE to see RD Ike on it... 😛

Finally intentionally dropped to Tier 17 due to not wanting to bother taking the Arena seriously enough to get back up to 19. I think it's worth it at this point, but losing that orb still stings.

On 6/17/2019 at 2:24 AM, Zeo said:

@mampfoid @mcsilas @Alexmender

So it's pretty funny. I just happen to load up Serenes by misclick typing for another site with an s and what do I see? Saizo, Kagero, Elincia and Oscar have refines. Oscars and Elincias seem pretty good for them, Kageros is iffy. I quit quite a while ago so I dont know what kind of ATK stat the units are running around with now.

Saizo's weapon triggered me though.

It's exactly what Matthew's should be as far as the refine. Give him a personal Rogue Dagger with +7 DEF/RES reduction on enemies and a +7 buff on himself and give him Saizo's refine. With that and ATK Smoke 3 he'd have a nonsensical 21 point damage reduction against anyone affected by it. I have to admit, Saizo getting his prf before Matt annoyed me even though I'm not playing anymore, but the refinement itself is what really got me. I'll be checking in periodically I think just to see when he gets his and what it is.

Hi there, long time no see! 

Yeah, Saizo's refine is pretty good, I still won't promote him.Oscar's is ok, but not optimal for me, because I'm using him with fliers (and Cavs). 

On 6/17/2019 at 2:24 AM, Zeo said:

So aside from that, what's new guys? What's the meta these days? What are the premium skills now? What premiums have they given out for free? And oh yeah, who's left that doesn't have a refine/prf?

I'm not much running behind the meta, but F!Corrin got a pretty sick fallen alt with an Omni-solo effect on her weapon and a new Panic skill that doesn't depend on her positioning. 

Units missing refines/prfs are Cordelia and Brave Roy (got him to +10 btw.). 

52 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Btw, do you guys think the Thrasir is real deal or similarly to Lif is... Let's say more recent princess? 

Like Lif for sure.

6 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Also I heard theory Eir is either Sharena or that Sharena is one of very few souls from ritual that remains inside her. 

Thought for a bit that Eir and Hel might be the "same person" as well.

Since I might join the military, I might or might not quit Heroes. Boot camp takes 2 to 3 months depending on which branch I join, so I will be missing out on important content. My main concern is getting limited TT units when they first come out (so I do not have to spend Grails), GHB units from quests (again, to save Grails), maintain Tier 21 in Aether Raids, and the daily login bonuses that can add up to a lot of resources. If I miss out on 2 to 3 months of important content or if I have to go through climbing back into Tier 21 Aether Raids again, I do not think I would want to resume playing Heroes. I could give my phone to my friend and have him play for me if I go to bootcamp, but I am not sure he will have the commitment to play everyday or grind certain events.

Anyways, I just want to get this off my chest. My recruiter asked me why I am hesitant and not committed to join the Army, and I feel a little stupid if I said one of my reasons is due to my commitment to a videogame.

Even if I quit Heroes though, I would still follow the news about the game and drop by the community.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

Since I might join the military, I might or might not quit Heroes. Boot camp takes 2 to 3 months depending on which branch I join, so I will be missing out on important content. My main concern is getting limited TT units when they first come out (so I do not have to spend Grails), GHB units from quests (again, to save Grails), maintain Tier 21 in Aether Raids, and the daily login bonuses that can add up to a lot of resources. If I miss out on 2 to 3 months of important content or if I have to go through climbing back into Tier 21 Aether Raids again, I do not think I would want to resume playing Heroes. I could give my phone to my friend and have him play for me if I go to bootcamp, but I am not sure he will have the commitment to play everyday or grind certain events.

Anyways, I just want to get this off my chest. My recruiter asked me why I am hesitant and not committed to join the Army, and I feel a little stupid if I said one of my reasons is due to my commitment to a videogame.

Even if I quit Heroes though, I would still follow the news about the game and drop by the community.

Well if you to choose to join, we'll salute you for your patriotism! That is a pretty big deal.

Take your time to decide. The choice is momentous.

Joining the military is a big commitment indeed. I should know. I never was in there myself, but I have several family members who are/were, including my mom and stepfather. They'd occasionally be gone for weeks or months for various reasons. My mom's going to be gone for pretty much all of July right now, in fact. So you will miss out on some Heroes content, most probably. But yeah, as Interdimensional Observer said, we salute your patriotism anyway! 🙂

On another note, I completed a few more lunatic CCs and reached 300 orbs! I'll be in a good position to pull Summer Freddy merges. 😄

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well if you to choose to join, we'll salute you for your patriotism! That is a pretty big deal.

Take your time to decide. The choice is momentous.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Joining the military is a big commitment indeed. I should know. I never was in there myself, but I have several family members who are/were, including my mom and stepfather. They'd occasionally be gone for weeks or months for various reasons. My mom's going to be gone for pretty much all of July right now, in fact. So you will miss out on some Heroes content, most probably. But yeah, as Interdimensional Observer said, we salute your patriotism anyway! 🙂

On another note, I completed a few more lunatic CCs and reached 300 orbs! I'll be in a good position to pull Summer Freddy merges. 😄

Thanks. I feel a bit too attached to Heroes right now, so I feel really hesitant joining the military. I also do not like the strictness, but I guess this is something I will just have to get used to.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Thanks. I feel a bit too attached to Heroes right now, so I feel really hesitant joining the military. I also do not like the strictness, but I guess this is something I will just have to get used to.

Good luck if and when you do join the Military! I really admire people who would join the Military as I could never do something like that myself (and to think it used to be required for all men where I live. Luckily it was suspended in 1997)

Just now, Michelaar said:

Good luck if and when you do join the Military! I really admire people who would join the Military as I could never do something like that myself (and to think it used to be required for all men where I live. Luckily it was suspended in 1997)

Yeah, I never really thought about joining the military until a recruiter talked to me about 3 weeks ago. If only I was fatter or more blind or something, maybe the recruiter would not have talked to me and I would not have this dilemma right now.

44 minutes ago, XRay said:

No prob! But if you really are that worried about that attachment and strictness, maybe joining isn't the right idea. There are other careers out there, after all.

@XRay I don't really know what to say, considering about 99% of our interaction is me asking a semi-mundane question and you responding, and I also cannot say I know what it's like, considering I am both nowhere near fit-looking enough to be recruited and being too deathly scared to even want to be in the military, but... well, don't regret your decision I guess. However things go, try not to think what if. Maybe if things aren't going your way, try to think about the good things?

...or maybe if things aren't going your way, just remember that you don't have to like it? God this is hard... GOOD LUCK BRO, let's leave it at that...

I'm not sure if this belongs in general, but I'll post it here anyway.

Joining the military is a big commitment. Even ignoring the fact that you're apparently super attached to Heroes right now, being part of the military life and lifestyle might not be what you expect it to be. You might find out that you're just not cut out for the military life, but only when it's too late to do anything about it. Plus, even if you do get through boot camp well enough, committing your life to the military means that you're basically putting your life on hold whenever they need you to. And people who try to recruit you will always make it sound better than it is, because I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't want to join if they knew exactly what it entailed.

What I'm saying is that you should do way more research into this topic rather than asking SF.

20 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

@XRay I don't really know what to say, considering about 99% of our interaction is me asking a semi-mundane question and you responding, and I also cannot say I know what it's like, considering I am both nowhere near fit-looking enough to be recruited and being too deathly scared to even want to be in the military, but... well, don't regret your decision I guess. However things go, try not to think what if. Maybe if things aren't going your way, try to think about the good things?

...or maybe if things aren't going your way, just remember that you don't have to like it? God this is hard... GOOD LUCK BRO, let's leave it at that...

17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm not sure if this belongs in general, but I'll post it here anyway.

Joining the military is a big commitment. Even ignoring the fact that you're apparently super attached to Heroes right now, being part of the military life and lifestyle might not be what you expect it to be. You might find out that you're just not cut out for the military life, but only when it's too late to do anything about it. Plus, even if you do get through boot camp well enough, committing your life to the military means that you're basically putting your life on hold whenever they need you to. And people who try to recruit you will always make it sound better than it is, because I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't want to join if they knew exactly what it entailed.

What I'm saying is that you should do way more research into this topic rather than asking SF.

I am not really scared of dying because my eyesight is complete crap, so I am most likely disqualified from being in the infantry or any frontline combat. I also scored highly on the practice ASVAB test, so I am pretty sure they will put me in some kind of admin/clerical position.

I just do not want to give up Heroes right now after spending over 2 years of my time on it. Besides my cat, Heroes is the only other thing I have committed so much effort to.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

If only I was fatter 

There's still time to make that happen, my guy~

If you're unable to pack on enough pounds, though, good luck in the Military! Hopefully you may be able to find someone to manage your account for you~