Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 hours ago, Dai said:

F94-CD06-A-1-BFA-45-DE-8-E19-52-CA387184

I dunno why it gave me the orb for clearing it with an all-armor team, ‘cuz I certainly haven’t.

You sure? You might have been using units that you didn't realize or forgot were armors.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Huh, it turns out I never did this BHB when it was first released. Bonus.

(No weird issue with the armour quest here, did it normally. All other quests were done with an all-infantry team - i.e. Nino and her posse.)

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

You sure? You might have been using units that you didn't realize or forgot were armors.

I'm absolutely certain. I'd never done this BHB at all, and before I tried out the armor-only quest, the only units I used were Masked Marth, Alfonse, Sharena, Reinhardt, Fae, and Reyson to clear out everything else.

28 minutes ago, Dai said:

I'm absolutely certain. I'd never done this BHB at all, and before I tried out the armor-only quest, the only units I used were Masked Marth, Alfonse, Sharena, Reinhardt, Fae, and Reyson to clear out everything else.

Oh. Huh, that is weird then.

Aw, curses. I forgot to get on Heroes yesterday. First day I missed since the game launched.

do you guys think weekly banners, when rerunning will occur, will be treated as new banners, thus with a new free sumnon each?

Edited by Yexin

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

do you guys think weekly banners, when rerunning will occur, will be treated as new banners, thus with a new free sumnon each?

*If* they're rerun I would fully expect a free summon on them, because they're technically new banners that just happen to be identical to a previously run banner. I imagine it's the same situation as the summer re-run banners we're getting right now for instance - these and every other seasonal rerun have had free summons attached ever since the free summon mechanic was implemented.

That said, I don't expect re-runs to happen at all so it might be a moot point.

Hi, this is my first time posting in this thread! I have been lurking since Heroes was released however, and over time I have found some of you in Arena and Aether Raids and sent a friend request when I recognized a name from here, so I might show up on some people's friend list already. From looking at my friend list I recognize Rezzy, Johann, Mampfoid and Zeo, so I just wanted to say thank you for lending me your units for various events!

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

If they decide to rerun them they probably would give one free pull just like every other banner. I don't think a banner, rerun or otherwise, has shown up without a free pull ever since free pulls were introduced.

It seems there is a post limit for new members. I actually wanted to ask some questions in the questions thread, but I guess I'll wait until tomorrow. I hope it's ok if i edit in one question here though: What would be the best boon for a Summer Tana? I've been saving for a long time to +10 her and managed to get enough copies for +9 today (pretty confident I'll get the last one before the banner ends), but before I can merge I need to decide between +atk or +spd. She usually runs one of Rauðrblade or Fruit of Iðunn, mainly in a flier team. At +10 she already reaches 40 speed without buffs, but there are some awfully speedy units out there... I'm considering giving her Sturdy Impact and use her on my AR defense team as a beacon for Wings of Mercy, would this be a good idea?

Edited by BoaFerox
Wow, ninja'd on my first post! Also added a question.

9 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

Hi, this is my first time posting in this thread! I have been lurking since Heroes was released however, and over time I have found some of you in Arena and Aether Raids and sent a friend request when I recognized a name from here, so I might show up on some people's friend list already. From looking at my friend list I recognize Rezzy, Johann, Mampfoid and Zeo, so I just wanted to say thank you for lending me your units for various events!

Hey welcome!

37 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

*If* they're rerun I would fully expect a free summon on them, because they're technically new banners that just happen to be identical to a previously run banner. I imagine it's the same situation as the summer re-run banners we're getting right now for instance - these and every other seasonal rerun have had free summons attached ever since the free summon mechanic was implemented.

That said, I don't expect re-runs to happen at all so it might be a moot point.

nice, that's what i'm hoping for, too

i expect there being reruns: i just don't think it would make much sense not to, since they're the only way to get gen1 units except getting pitybroken by the gen1 units you want in skills banners and the likes or hoping that they come back as focus units in said banners, which imho will be less likely as time passes

@BoaFerox "If they decide to rerun them they probably would give one free pull just like every other banner. I don't think a banner, rerun or otherwise, has shown up without a free pull ever since free pulls were introduced."

yeah that's true, now that i think about it

Edited by Yexin

1 hour ago, BoaFerox said:

It seems there is a post limit for new members. I actually wanted to ask some questions in the questions thread, but I guess I'll wait until tomorrow. I hope it's ok if i edit in one question here though: What would be the best boon for a Summer Tana? I've been saving for a long time to +10 her and managed to get enough copies for +9 today (pretty confident I'll get the last one before the banner ends), but before I can merge I need to decide between +atk or +spd. She usually runs one of Rauðrblade or Fruit of Iðunn, mainly in a flier team. At +10 she already reaches 40 speed without buffs, but there are some awfully speedy units out there... I'm considering giving her Sturdy Impact and use her on my AR defense team as a beacon for Wings of Mercy, would this be a good idea?

You want to tailor her to the mode and enemies she encounters. In modes with fast enemies, you want +Spd. In modes with slower enemies, you want +Atk.

Generally, I personally prefer +Spd for the vast majority of my Player Phase units that relies on Desperation.

Putting Sturdy Impact on her and using her as a Wings of Mercy beacon is fine, but I recommend using Sturdy Impact on Lunge units since they can also disrupt a player's formation.

Personally, I use Tana with Raudhrblade/Fury/Desperation. With both Fury and a +6 buff, that's 49 Spd at +10 (50 with dragonflowers), which is probably plenty. There are a few crazy fast enemies, but making it a bit easier to score OHKOs in the few situations where doubling isn't possible either way might be more significant. Personally I sometimes use a Brash Assault seal on her or Corrin for dealing with sufficiently fast enemies anyway, such as in Abyssal battles.

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

So I was just messing around with Dragonflowers and just found out that some new infantry units like Fallen!Delthea and Mordecai have a +5 limit cap for red flowers... huh?

The +10 cap is only for infantry units released before February 2019, because infantry units from after that point have an extra 5 stat points before applying dragonflowers.

Was there an event any time ago which gave out free Dragonflowers? I for some reason have 22 Colorless ones. But I coulda sworn I've never touched the mode. I never intend to obtain and use them.

Maybe there was one instance I totally forgot where I tapped into the mode, but it must have been really forgettable if I can't recall a thing of it.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Was there an event any time ago which gave out free Dragonflowers? I for some reason have 22 Colorless ones. But I coulda sworn I've never touched the mode. I never intend to obtain and use them.

Maybe there was one instance I totally forgot where I tapped into the mode, but it must have been really forgettable if I can't recall a thing of it.

...But there are no colorless flowers? Just red, green, yellow, and blue.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

22 sounds suspiciously like the amount awarded by ranking 100k+ in Allegiance Battles.

12 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

22 sounds suspiciously like the amount awarded by ranking 100k+ in Allegiance Battles.

I likely touched that mode when it first started for the Orbs they were handing out as the opening incentive IIRC, sounds like it could be it.

Thanks!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that, as a colorblind person, I can't discern between armor and cavalry dragonflowers unless there's help text or something

2 hours ago, Johann said:

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that, as a colorblind person, I can't discern between armor and cavalry dragonflowers unless there's help text or something

Some colored icons have shapes like the weapon triangle and summon stones. Badges, shards, and crystals each share their own design across color, but inventory placement can help distinguish them. (They are not rare or important resources at least.) Tomes and dragons were the only original types that didn't have a unique shape per color, but they also were not available as colorless. Fewer overall units would have made it easier to memorize the specific tome or dragon unit colors. It's more complicated now that dragons, beasts, bows, and daggers are available in all four colors.

6 minutes ago, Tree said:

Tomes and dragons were the only original types that didn't have a unique shape per color, but they also were not available as colorless. Fewer overall units would have made it easier to memorize the specific tome or dragon unit colors. It's more complicated now that dragons, beasts, bows, and daggers are available in all four colors.

All red weapons have a diamond. All blue weapons have square. All green weapons have a pentagon. All colorless weapons have a circle. This includes tomes, breaths, and beasts.

2 hours ago, Johann said:

Given how many things in this game have help text when you tap them (I think it took me over a year to realize you could tap the weapon type icons next to character names in the header ribbon and the weapon type and movement type icons next to the level in the stat screen), I actually find it a bit odd that rewards lists (quests, ranking, etc.) don't let you tap on the items to see their descriptions (except for character rewards).

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

All red weapons have a diamond. All blue weapons have square. All green weapons have a pentagon. All colorless weapons have a circle. This includes tomes, breaths, and beasts. 

You are right. I forgot about that.

37 minutes ago, Tree said:

Some colored icons have shapes like the weapon triangle and summon stones. Badges, shards, and crystals each share their own design across color, but inventory placement can help distinguish them. (They are not rare or important resources at least.) Tomes and dragons were the only original types that didn't have a unique shape per color, but they also were not available as colorless. Fewer overall units would have made it easier to memorize the specific tome or dragon unit colors. It's more complicated now that dragons, beasts, bows, and daggers are available in all four colors.

What trips me up sometimes is red and colorless icons for beast, since the red doesn't jump out like the green and blue do, and the white part covers so much of it.

It's mildly infuriating how they scale the icons in the Gamepress UI, apart from the bow icon which is not scaled. Fortunately this is not a problem in-game.

ILc5j2Y.png