Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

47 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Unless it's because you want the orbs and hate that you may not be able to get them when you need to, why does it bother you that you can't clear difficult content? A lot of my friends may not be as "good" at the game as I am, whether it's because of not choosing skill inheritance as optimally or just not wanting to bother with anything that cannot be autobattled comfortably, but that doesn't make them "bad" players or them unable to enjoy the game.

This is a great way to phrase this, seriously.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You're not ashamed to use guides? Good for you, that's nice to hear. I'm ashamed that I can't get any better after years of playing.

Everybody needs help, nothing wrong with asking people for assistance, that's why they're here. You should be proud of where you've gotten yourself, I mean, you have a tons of dedication and devotion, clearly, don't let one thing ruin that part of you. But if you need a break from the game, there's nothing wrong with that, either.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Everybody needs help, nothing wrong with asking people for assistance, that's why they're here. You should be proud of where you've gotten yourself, I mean, you have a tons of dedication and devotion, clearly, don't let one thing ruin that part of you. But if you need a break from the game, there's nothing wrong with that, either. 

Oh yeah, there's nothing wrong with needing help sometimes. But I seem to need it ALL the time. That's my issue. I don't want my hand held every single fucking time.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, there's nothing wrong with needing help sometimes. But I seem to need it ALL the time. That's my issue. I don't want my hand held every single fucking time.

Well I can't say how you feel about it, but I would rather get help than rage quit/get really upset because I can't do it. What do you mean by hand holding? Not that I don't know the definition, but what do you mean by it?

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well I can't say how you feel about it, but I would rather get help than rage quit/get really upset because I can't do it. What do you mean by hand holding? Not that I don't know the definition, but what do you mean by it?

I mean following video guides as often as I've had to. They kinda do hold your hand because they tell you every thing you need to do. What units to use, what skills and seals to equip, what to do on each turn, etc.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I mean following video guides as often as I've had to. They kinda do hold your hand because they tell you every thing you need to do. What units to use, what skills and seals to equip, what to do on each turn, etc.

Okay, I understand now, sorry about that, was just making sure. Well how do you learn if no one teaches you? Once you learn enough, you can easily create your own strategies and such, it just takes some time for some people is all, nothing wrong with that. Not quite the same thing, but it took me forever to learn how to wavedash properly in Smash, I just didn't understand it at all, until I went to a tournament and someone was gracious enough to teach me how. I wasn't like totally new to the game, either. I'm proud that I got that help, because i'm a much better player with it than without it, for sure. You should be happy with what you've accomplished, I believe.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Okay, I understand now, sorry about that, was just making sure. Well how do you learn if no one teaches you? Once you learn enough, you can easily create your own strategies and such, it just takes some time for some people is all, nothing wrong with that. Not quite the same thing, but it took me forever to learn how to wavedash properly in Smash, I just didn't understand it at all, until I went to a tournament and someone was gracious enough to teach me how. I wasn't like totally new to the game, either. I'm proud that I got that help, because i'm a much better player with it than without it, for sure. You should be happy with what you've accomplished, I believe.

In that case, it sounds like someone showed you how to do it. That's how I learn best. I can't really learn when people just try explaining things all the time to me. That's kind of all they can really do over the internet though. And that's probably why I haven't been able to improve, honestly. I don't have anyone I know in person who can show me things. And it doesn't seem very likely that I'll ever meet someone irl who can.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

In that case, it sounds like someone showed you how to do it. That's how I learn best. I can't really learn when people just try explaining things all the time to me. That's kind of all they can really do over the internet though. And that's probably why I haven't been able to improve, honestly. I don't have anyone I know in person who can show me things. And it doesn't seem very likely that I'll ever meet someone irl who can.

I'm a visual learner as well, so I get that. Don't be so hard on yourself, you don't deserve that.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm a visual learner as well, so I get that. Don't be so hard on yourself, you don't deserve that.

Well, I hope you're right.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I hope you're right.

About you not deserving the harsh self-criticism? Sure it's okay to be honest with limitations and such, but you should always try to look on the better side of things. You deserve to be treated well, just like anyone else, is that strange? Sorry if this isn't worded correctly.

@Anacybele what I do is I follow the guides to clear the content initially, such as for GHBs, LHBs, etc, just so I make sure I get all the rewards. Then I go back with units I've invested into to try my own tactics at it. That way I don't miss out.

On another note, I'm still somewhat irritated that I have to wait until Monday evening before I can +10 Naesala. Two stupid fricking grails short of the 400 needed 😣

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

@Anacybele what I do is I follow the guides to clear the content initially, such as for GHBs, LHBs, etc, just so I make sure I get all the rewards. Then I go back with units I've invested into to try my own tactics at it. That way I don't miss out.

On another note, I'm still somewhat irritated that I have to wait until Monday evening before I can +10 Naesala. Two stupid fricking grails short of the 400 needed 😣

That's a good way to go about it. It's just for me, after I've cleared such difficult content, I don't want to have to go back to it. xP

And oof, that sucks.

My using of guides is something I'd rationalize as me "working smarter, not harder". It frees up my mental space for when I feel like tackling the even harder content with the units I've built up. If I had to put in an extra hour every day a GHB/BHB/LHB happens then I would say I'm playing this game a bit too much more than it deserves.

Luke is about to become a real legend!

Speaking of cavaliers, Eliwood is the only lord to have have not appeared in his unpromoted form, appearance or otherwise, in Heroes, right? He's yet to appear as an infantry, specifically a sword infantry. Excluding Sigurd who is the only prepromoted lord, every other lord of Fire Emblem has appeared as their unpromoted selves. I mentioned appearance since Hector is an armor, but he looks like his unpromoted lord self while legendary Hector looks like his promoted great lord self.

Edited by Kaden

39 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Speaking of cavaliers, Eliwood is the only lord to have have not appeared in his unpromoted form, appearance or otherwise, in Heroes, right? He's yet to appear as an infantry, specifically a sword infantry. Excluding Sigurd who is the only prepromoted lord, every other lord of Fire Emblem has appeared as their unpromoted selves. I mentioned appearance since Hector is an armor, but he looks like his unpromoted lord self while legendary Hector looks like his promoted great lord self.

Hector still counts alongside Eliwood, because Hector is only an armor when promoted.

Edited by Sunwoo

Went back to the Chill banner. It tried its best to refuse to give me green summons (I'm pretty sure less than half my sessions had any) but I finally got Ranulf after another 96 orbs! Should still be fine for the stuff I'm going for later this summer, although I may end up waiting on pulling for Linde until after dealing with July's mythic banner to get a better idea of how much leeway I have.

@Anacybele I sorta get how ya feel since these days I often have to go for guides. But my pride doesn't hurt that badly since 9 times out of 10 I need to adjust to make it work. So the Guide ends up just giving me an outline to a problem rather than the solution. Basically I just need a push in the right direction to understand the map's flow.

So it seems that the element that frustrates you makes guides more palatable to me. But even with it being more palatable, I always find myself annoyed when I can't get it with the units I normally like to run. As helpful as the f2p guides are I prefer content that I can clear with my chosen ones.

12 minutes ago, Usana said:

@Anacybele I sorta get how ya feel since these days I often have to go for guides. But my pride doesn't hurt that badly since 9 times out of 10 I need to adjust to make it work. So the Guide ends up just giving me an outline to a problem rather than the solution. Basically I just need a push in the right direction to understand the map's flow.

So it seems that the element that frustrates you makes guides more palatable to me. But even with it being more palatable, I always find myself annoyed when I can't get it with the units I normally like to run. As helpful as the f2p guides are I prefer content that I can clear with my chosen ones.

Yeah, I end up having to do that quite a bit myself as well, which is also nice in itself. I'm glad I'm at least good enough to figure out ways around issues I get with FTP guides. Now if I only I could figure out more tactics drills without needing my hand held...

And yeah, I'd love to be able to clear more content on my own mainly because of all the great units I built up. I want to be able to make use of all that work I put into them. It feels like a waste if I can't.

So on another note, I got a Luke just in time for his new refine coming up! Woohoo! XD (I got him on a free pull fairly recently) I never upgraded a Roderick though. I need to do that at some point now that he's also getting one.

Good to see Raigh and Matthew get something too since everyone's had them at launch for free. Now where's Virion's prf? lol

Only thing that bums me out is that I'm waiting longer still for Frederick to get his...

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Hector still counts alongside Eliwood, because Hector is only an armor when promoted.

Yes, but appearance-wise, regular Hector looks like unpromoted, lord Hector while legendary Hector looks like promoted, great lord Hector. That's why I stated appearance or otherwise.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Part of me wants to quit Heroes, and forever. Because I'm tired of struggling with the more difficult content, I'm tired of not being able to be any better at the game in general than I already am. I'm tired of finding things difficult that others say are easy.

Honestly, in my opinion, I think you are held back by resource mismanagement and lack of Player Phase experience due to your refusal to step out of your comfort zone, and I do not think you are actually tactically incompetent. You seem to do fine with using Enemy Phase units. If you are really serious about getting better at the game, I would focus on managing your resources better and get more experience with Player Phase units. Since you recently got YS!Frederick to +10, use him as Player Phase unit!

Resource management is honestly pretty simple since it is just a list of what to do and what not to do. Here is a short list off the top of my head:

Spoiler

- Get every free resource you can. There is absolutely no reason to skip content if it gives free resources. Basically, participate in every mode and spend all the Lances, Axes, Flags, or whatever.

- Do NOT send home any units or Manuals. There are some exceptions such as Oboro or Raigh, but I still recommend keeping them anyways. The small amount of Feathers is not really worth it.

- Save at least one copy of EVERY free unit you get, especially if they are Tempest Trials or Grand Hero Battle units. Save at least one copy of each unit in the 4* pool if they are neutral.

- INVEST in a variety of units and teams, even if you do not like certain characters. I highly recommend putting aside some Orbs for a Player Phase ranged flying team. Get WOF!Hinoka and/or ASS!Takumi to merge +1 if they have an Atk or Spd Flaw and give them Firesweep Bow and Brave Bow. Get any flying mage with decent Spd and give them a Blade tome, as well as merge +1 if they have an Atk or Spd Flaw. Get BB!Ninian and give her Fortify Fliers and Hone Atk Sacred Seal; her nature does not matter so I would not bother with merges. Get another flying Dancer/Singer and give them Hone Atk and run Hone Spd as their Sacred Seal (or just Hone Fliers if you can afford it), and their nature does not matter either so you can ignore merges for them.

PRACTICE using your Player Phase teams, and practice a LOT. Most people finish their Arena runs on the first day on Tuesday, so I recommend spending the rest of the week using a separate Player Phase team to practice as you need to do the daily Arena quests anyways. Although there are no daily Arena Assault quests anymore, I recommend doing one run per day for additional practice, and you get SP and HM on your first daily run.

24 minutes ago, XRay said:

Honestly, in my opinion, I think you are held back by resource mismanagement and lack of Player Phase experience due to your refusal to step out of your comfort zone, and I do not think you are actually tactically incompetent. You seem to do fine with using Enemy Phase units. If you are really serious about getting better at the game, I would focus on managing your resources better and get more experience with Player Phase units. Since you recently got YS!Frederick to +10, use him as Player Phase unit!

Resource management is honestly pretty simple since it is just a list of what to do and what not to do. Here is a short list off the top of my head:

Hide contents

- Get every free resource you can. There is absolutely no reason to skip content if it gives free resources. Basically, participate in every mode and spend all the Lances, Axes, Flags, or whatever.

- Do NOT send home any units or Manuals. There are some exceptions such as Oboro or Raigh, but I still recommend keeping them anyways. The small amount of Feathers is not really worth it.

- Save at least one copy of EVERY free unit you get, especially if they are Tempest Trials or Grand Hero Battle units. Save at least one copy of each unit in the 4* pool if they are neutral.

- INVEST in a variety of units and teams, even if you do not like certain characters. I highly recommend putting aside some Orbs for a Player Phase ranged flying team. Get WOF!Hinoka and/or ASS!Takumi to merge +1 if they have an Atk or Spd Flaw and give them Firesweep Bow and Brave Bow. Get any flying mage with decent Spd and give them a Blade tome, as well as merge +1 if they have an Atk or Spd Flaw. Get BB!Ninian and give her Fortify Fliers and Hone Atk Sacred Seal; her nature does not matter so I would not bother with merges. Get another flying Dancer/Singer and give them Hone Atk and run Hone Spd as their Sacred Seal (or just Hone Fliers if you can afford it), and their nature does not matter either so you can ignore merges for them.

PRACTICE using your Player Phase teams, and practice a LOT. Most people finish their Arena runs on the first day on Tuesday, so I recommend spending the rest of the week using a separate Player Phase team to practice as you need to do the daily Arena quests anyways. Although there are no daily Arena Assault quests anymore, I recommend doing one run per day for additional practice, and you get SP and HM on your first daily run.

Hm, I don't know about mismanaging resources, since some people seem to do fine without using every single unit in the game. But I do keep as many free units around as I am willing, which is still a pretty big number. I've even kept a few that I hate (Bunny Loki for example). And you're right that I'm better with enemy phase units than player phase ones (save for Reinhardt lol), since my play style involves a lot of tanking due my liking of tanks.

I have Kinshi Hinoka, if that's who you're referring to, and she's +3...lol Pitybroke me a few times, including TWICE on the recent new summer banner. I don't have Summer Takumi. But I do have other great player phase fliers in flying Nino and Summer Corrin. And I have legendary Ryoma. I also have legendary Azura with perfect IVs. I mainly use these guys as my fliers. Ryoma is also +4 now because he loves showing up on legendary banners for me. 😛

Oh, and I have another flying refresher in Reyson, if that helps. But I don't have any others. I'd like to get NY Azura when she's available again tho. I've tried several times for her already! -_- Bride Ninian is also no longer available.

I built a Galeforce team, sorta, so I'd like to learn to use those too. They're Cherche, Brave Roy, and Cordelia at present. Still need a fourth.

Sigh. Sixty hours until I can complete Naesala. Getting his 9th merge was a cakewalk even with using a 4* Anna. Now way he can double a +8, fully flowered version of himself 😛

If I get a second S!Laegjarn, he's getting Flier Formation and SS3.

I'm currently getting bored of Heroes, idk, it's content is being kind of lack luster, repetitive and I feel doing the same all day every day. And this is not even bringing up how Arena Assault bothers me, and how I keep wasting orbs without getting focus units.

I think the only thing that might make me keep up with the game is Brave Micaiah.

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Landmaster @Alexmender @DefaultBeep @Rafiel's Aria.....*Deep breath*

MATTHEW REFINE.

Yeah, holy crap I just happened to log in because I know the next update will be soon and I wanted to see who would get the next set of refines and here he finally is. This is going to be crazy. I really wonder what they're going to give him. What could you possibly give him to make him not suck? (As far as the general player ofc).

Raigh and Luke getting one is a treat too. Raigh becomes good and Luke becomes something other than a terrible pitybreaker. Good refines all around. Might have to do a little something...

34 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Landmaster @Alexmender @DefaultBeep @Rafiel's Aria.....*Deep breath*

MATTHEW REFINE.

Yeah, holy crap I just happened to log in because I know the next update will be soon and I wanted to see who would get the next set of refines and here he finally is. This is going to be crazy. I really wonder what they're going to give him. What could you possibly give him to make him not suck? (As far as the general player ofc).

Raigh and Luke getting one is a treat too. Raigh becomes good and Luke becomes something other than a terrible pitybreaker. Good refines all around. Might have to do a little something...

I was wondering if you'd be back for Matthew's refine! Definitely excited to see what they might give him~

@Zeo I was wondering about you too, Zeo, because of that Matthew refine. XD It'd be nice if you did videos again showing it off when you get it too! But no one can force you, so if you don't, that's your decision, of course.