Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Landmaster @Alexmender @DefaultBeep @Rafiel's Aria.....*Deep breath*

MATTHEW REFINE.

Yeah, holy crap I just happened to log in because I know the next update will be soon and I wanted to see who would get the next set of refines and here he finally is. This is going to be crazy. I really wonder what they're going to give him. What could you possibly give him to make him not suck? (As far as the general player ofc).

Raigh and Luke getting one is a treat too. Raigh becomes good and Luke becomes something other than a terrible pitybreaker. Good refines all around. Might have to do a little something...

I'm so happy for you. Like seriously. This is so well-deserved, and I hope it really makes him shine. 

I'm low-key excited for Raigh too.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Landmaster @Alexmender @DefaultBeep @Rafiel's Aria.....*Deep breath*

MATTHEW REFINE.

Yeah, holy crap I just happened to log in because I know the next update will be soon and I wanted to see who would get the next set of refines and here he finally is. This is going to be crazy. I really wonder what they're going to give him. What could you possibly give him to make him not suck? (As far as the general player ofc).

Raigh and Luke getting one is a treat too. Raigh becomes good and Luke becomes something other than a terrible pitybreaker. Good refines all around. Might have to do a little something...

Of course we were thinking of your reaction to this news. Good luck, hope his prf will be interesting and good. 

Nothing can save Luke though, perhaps a face refinenent .

On 6/29/2019 at 1:47 AM, Glennstavos said:

My using of guides is something I'd rationalize as me "working smarter, not harder". It frees up my mental space for when I feel like tackling the even harder content with the units I've built up. If I had to put in an extra hour every day a GHB/BHB/LHB happens then I would say I'm playing this game a bit too much more than it deserves.

that is how i look at it. 
or - a guide will tell you what you are missing
Though quite frankly, to your last point - well if it's a game that you enjoy then I think it deserves any and all time you pour into it 🙂

On 6/29/2019 at 9:18 AM, XRay said:

Honestly, in my opinion, I think you are held back by resource mismanagement and lack of Player Phase experience due to your refusal to step out of your comfort zone, and I do not think you are actually tactically incompetent. You seem to do fine with using Enemy Phase units. If you are really serious about getting better at the game, I would focus on managing your resources better and get more experience with Player Phase units. Since you recently got YS!Frederick to +10, use him as Player Phase unit!

Resource management is honestly pretty simple since it is just a list of what to do and what not to do. Here is a short list off the top of my head:

Reveal hidden contents

- Get every free resource you can. There is absolutely no reason to skip content if it gives free resources. Basically, participate in every mode and spend all the Lances, Axes, Flags, or whatever.

- Do NOT send home any units or Manuals. There are some exceptions such as Oboro or Raigh, but I still recommend keeping them anyways. The small amount of Feathers is not really worth it.

- Save at least one copy of EVERY free unit you get, especially if they are Tempest Trials or Grand Hero Battle units. Save at least one copy of each unit in the 4* pool if they are neutral.

- INVEST in a variety of units and teams, even if you do not like certain characters. I highly recommend putting aside some Orbs for a Player Phase ranged flying team. Get WOF!Hinoka and/or ASS!Takumi to merge +1 if they have an Atk or Spd Flaw and give them Firesweep Bow and Brave Bow. Get any flying mage with decent Spd and give them a Blade tome, as well as merge +1 if they have an Atk or Spd Flaw. Get BB!Ninian and give her Fortify Fliers and Hone Atk Sacred Seal; her nature does not matter so I would not bother with merges. Get another flying Dancer/Singer and give them Hone Atk and run Hone Spd as their Sacred Seal (or just Hone Fliers if you can afford it), and their nature does not matter either so you can ignore merges for them.

PRACTICE using your Player Phase teams, and practice a LOT. Most people finish their Arena runs on the first day on Tuesday, so I recommend spending the rest of the week using a separate Player Phase team to practice as you need to do the daily Arena quests anyways. Although there are no daily Arena Assault quests anymore, I recommend doing one run per day for additional practice, and you get SP and HM on your first daily run.

Why do you think it's important to keep all your Raigh books? Ugh. I can't format anymore, so anyway. @Anacybele - i wanted to say there is really nothing wrong with using the guides. even though that you feel it's handholding you - i will tel you there are sometimes the guides will let me know what i am personally missing or just another idea. I merged my neutral ike. (because 1 - i forgot where i got the first Ike from i didn't remember pulling for him) and 2 😉 x-ray told me too. and so now with the merge bonuses, my ike can now mess up some guides. (ie: he'll kill when he shouldn't, leaving him open for disaster)  - so i don't do the hit that's needed  - this now changes the AI movement and now i have to compensate. the best example of this was Tiki's LHB map. but i was able to figure it out myself afterwards

I remember last month, i had asked you if you have a sweeper and I don't remember if you answered. a lot of people DO a Sweeper/Dance Crew. until you get Celica(s) there are a few options. 

1: Special Spiral Lilina (i've seen a few videos with her)
2: Tharja. 
3: Ophelia 
4: NIno. 
5: Setsuna (Bride Cordelia, Alm)
(now i am team nuke'm, so i intend (whilst i get my fliers done) to slowly build them and happily take any Ophelias that pity break me. I also know for me -my dancers have to be able to take a hit (or two) to achieve the desired results.(this is where i do have to say other than one or two dancers i have, i've been pretty lucky in the boon department for the harder ones to get, except for Nohrzura, Lancezura (who just needs 1 merge) (and Shigure). 

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Why do you think it's important to keep all your Raigh books?

In case you ever need to merge him up multiple times. He also got Rally Atk, which is great for more efficient use of Skill Inheriting more valuable units who got better versions of Rally Atk, similar to how Virion is great for more efficient use of Galeforce fodder. Wolf tomes are not really valuable, but he is the only inheritable source of it from the 3*-4* pool in case you need it.

And the tiny amount of Feathers you get in return honestly is not worth it. If you have like more than 20 Raighs, then sure, you can send the 21st and after copies home. However, I think it is a good idea to keep a nice stockpile of every unit.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

In case you ever need to merge him up multiple times. He also got Rally Atk, which is great for more efficient use of Skill Inheriting more valuable units who got better versions of Rally Atk, similar to how Virion is great for more efficient use of Galeforce fodder. Wolf tomes are not really valuable, but he is the only inheritable source of it from the 3*-4* pool in case you need it.

And the tiny amount of Feathers you get in return honestly is not worth it. If you have like more than 20 Raighs, then sure, you can send the 21st and after copies home. However, I think it is a good idea to keep a nice stockpile of every unit.

i guess it would depend if you are low on feathers or not too. 
l mean again i don't really send books home - but then I don't kil people for Rally Atk ++ versions either (mostly because most units i have who get them are broken (so they need he merge) or i simply don't get them, or they are favourites and get merged.

but what you say also makes sense. (though i don't think there is anything in the world that would make me merge up Raigh). 

13 hours ago, Zeo said:

MATTHEW REFINE.

I believe they will help him with his attack power and will give him something to either tackle Dragons or Mages safely, so he can allways apply his buffs and debuffs?

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

Ok Amelia with personal refine + distant counter + benefiting from Bonus doubler is busted, i dont even want to know how busted Fallen Tiki will be...

extremely busted. 
I hope i can get an Elliwood down the road

(and a VIke for Amelia)

11 hours ago, daisy jane said:

mhm. Eliwood and Evil baby Tiki willl be good friends

(same as Evil Corrin. like. all you need is a smite bot, Eliwood and good luck). 

You can give Eliwood Def/Res Link and Smite.

You can replace Sudden Panic for Atk/Spe Link in Corrin (or any else combination of links) to make the party even better. (Matbe Atk/Res and Spe/Def are F2P?)

So focused on MM2 now that I almost forget to do the daily routine. But its not that bad. For now I am just saving orbs anyway for my great moment with Rinkah.. at 630 orbs again I should soon hit 700 and 200 untouched. At least I am ready for the brave hero banner which is nice. 

While Eliwoods skills are looking good I feel no great temptation. 

52 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Hee~ finally finished Naesala off! And posted in the +10 compendium. Still having issues with image not embedding like it should though. It's [ img ]URL[/image] right?

Use img for both the opening and closing tags. However this forum software in particular just parses the URL regardless (though sometimes it might have a seizure trying to), so typically there's no need to do anything beyond just pasting the URL.

Looking at the other thread, the problem is that you're trying to link to an entire gallery instead of an actual image file. Your actual screenshot is at:

https://i.imgur.com/uEFol7n.jpg

49 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

What's the special? 

She has Luna. I was going to give her Bonfire but reconsidered since she's most likely securing a KO in 2 hits anyway but on the off chance she doesn't, Luna will likely outperform Bonfire's damage output.

Figured I'd start levelling Naesala so I can do his GHB quest to kill him with himself. Well, all 5 of the units I currently need to level are blue - I have every other unit I own at 40. Awkward.

Summer Cordelia, Selkie, Mordecai, Thea, Naesala. Going to need to cherry-pick my training stratum maps.

Edited by Humanoid

16 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I guess that confirms M!Byleth on July's late New Heroes Banner. 

I like that 3H buyers will get a FEH gift, but it's good that it's not exclusive to that promotion. 

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

She has Luna. I was going to give her Bonfire but reconsidered since she's most likely securing a KO in 2 hits anyway but on the off chance she doesn't, Luna will likely outperform Bonfire's damage output.

Yeah, Luna will help with high DEF units. You know which special I prefer on her. ;-) 

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I guess that confirms M!Byleth on July's late New Heroes Banner. 

not necessarily. They could pull a Kaze and just add him directly to the pool after 3H is released. Wonder if he'll end up with DC as a skill or inherited since his weapon appears capable of 1-2 range?

20 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

not necessarily. They could pull a Kaze and just add him directly to the pool after 3H is released.

The probability of that happening to the game's protagonist is almost negative.

36 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

not necessarily. They could pull a Kaze and just add him directly to the pool after 3H is released. Wonder if he'll end up with DC as a skill or inherited since his weapon appears capable of 1-2 range?

From the notification:

Byleth: Tested Professor will also appear in summoning events, beginning in late July.

Sounds like a banner to me. 

23 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Sounds like a banner to me. 

To be completely technical (because the probability of Byleth not being on a banner is zero), "will also appear in summoning events" says nothing about being a focus unit, just that they will be summonable from a banner at some point.