Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I think it illustrates how some of us might have trust issues after the 2nd anniversary reward was turned into a lottery. But even I don't think there's any real possibility of M Byleth just being unceremoniously dumped into the summoning pool without being a focus. There'd be no profit motive for that. What happens after his banner is up for discussion though.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

37 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

To be completely technical (because the probability of Byleth not being on a banner is zero), "will also appear in summoning events" says nothing about being a focus unit, just that they will be summonable from a banner at some point.

Sounds technically possible, but that would be more than a little misleading. 

@Zeo Super late but awesome news for you (ironic after the Saizo issue lol)

Hope he gets done justice!

Also hope the other units get really good refines too, especially so Luke can finally have a good use to be 5 star. Interested on how they'll do Roderick.

In other news, free Byleth when getting 3H is interesting and a neat promotion. Can't really be too excited without getting to know the characters and playing that game first though, hope Heroes doesn't spoil too much I guess?

Also a bit bummed I didn't have much connection when I was on holiday- I couldn't do a clear video on Cynthia's GHB despite having a full Awakening kid theme ready to take her on 😞I guess it gives me more time to hunt for Wrathful Staff on Brady for when she returns.

Got a lot of videos to go back and watch but that'll have to be done after going back to work ><

Edited by mcsilas

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

From the notification:

Sounds like a banner to me. 

Never said he wouldn't appear on a banner, just that he could be injected into the pool without one at first. For all we know, it could be 2-3 days before a 3H banner.

I finally got enough affinity to buy Rising Morale from the concert hall! Tellius music is my main jam for FE, so I had to get this one. ^^

Eternal Bond still should be added some day though, I hope it's one of the three that the upcoming update will add!

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Also a bit bummed I didn't have much connection when I was on holiday- I couldn't do a clear video on Cynthia's GHB despite having a full Awakening kid theme ready to take her on 😞I guess it gives me more time to hunt for Wrathful Staff on Brady for when she returns.

That's the good thing with GHB/BHB/LHB maps, there is no hurry for clears because of their reruns. 

Looking forward to your clear. 

I'll also take an off-period in August, I think it's better to enjoy vacation. 

I decided to try some Abyssal maps, and I was able to beat Lucina's and Yune's. I am happy with it!

Mythic Hero Battle - Yune: Chaos Goddess (Abyssal)

Spoiler

Legendary Hero Battle - Lucina: Glorious Archer (Abyssal)

Spoiler

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Since the notification doesn't actually say, I'm preparing for the free Byleth to be 1-star (or, more realistically, 4-star, but worst-case scenario here). And, having seen some comments above, I now also have to prepare for him to be going in the 3-4 star pool, like Kaze, rather than being a focus unit.

You're right, I don't trust IntSys at all anymore.

1 hour ago, Seafarer said:

Since the notification doesn't actually say, I'm preparing for the free Byleth to be 1-star (or, more realistically, 4-star, but worst-case scenario here).

Yeah, no. I don't think IS is stupid enough to essentially spit in the faces of those who bought Three Houses by giving them a freaking 1-star unit (which only exist as rewards for the daily Hero Battles anyways). That's just going a bit too far in doubting them.

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I decided to try some Abyssal maps, and I was able to beat Lucina's and Yune's. I am happy with it!

Mythic Hero Battle - Yune: Chaos Goddess (Abyssal)

Hide contents

Legendary Hero Battle - Lucina: Glorious Archer (Abyssal)

Reveal hidden contents

Nice clears! I see that Saizo is putting in good work for you!

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, no. I don't think IS is stupid enough to essentially spit in the faces of those who bought Three Houses by giving them a freaking 1-star unit (which only exist as rewards for the daily Hero Battles anyways). That's just going a bit too far in doubting them.

Yeah, I agree. I think it's most likely that he'll come as a 5*, since, after all, he's not actually "free," given we have to pay $60 or so to buy the game.

I agree, given that Black Knight pack we got a long time ago. Wasn't expensive and yet it had a 5 star unit in it. So I'm willing to bet that this Byleth will be 5 star.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I agree, given that Black Knight pack we got a long time ago. Wasn't expensive and yet it had a 5 star unit in it. So I'm willing to bet that this Byleth will be 5 star.

I'm surprised they haven't started doing "Legacy Packs" or whatever they'd like to call them.  Maybe sell the Gen 1 units for like $10-$20 each.  Maybe limit them, so you can't just buy 20 Hectors for DC, but maybe offer Lucina or Ike or something for people who want them for completion's sake or would like to get a merge or two for their favorite units, but can't justify using Orbs on units that are long powercrept.

One idea, is maybe put the packs on a monthly "cool-down" so the few units that are good for skill inheritance can still be obtained without having to worry about flooding the meta.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I'm surprised they haven't started doing "Legacy Packs" or whatever they'd like to call them.  Maybe sell the Gen 1 units for like $10-$20 each.  Maybe limit them, so you can't just buy 20 Hectors for DC, but maybe offer Lucina or Ike or something for people who want them for completion's sake or would like to get a merge or two for their favorite units, but can't justify using Orbs on units that are long powercrept.

One idea, is maybe put the packs on a monthly "cool-down" so the few units that are good for skill inheritance can still be obtained without having to worry about flooding the meta.

that would actually have been a great idea. i would have happily bought some packs for Neutral copies of several units.
Power crept or not there are some units though with investment that are still really good and can hang tough. 

I'm really tempted to pull for some Hectors, but I really don't want to overspend, since I'll be buying a Switch and 3H this month, and the next banner will be dropping next week, so I don't want to be going in empty, in case it's some units I want.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm really tempted to pull for some Hectors, but I really don't want to overspend, since I'll be buying a Switch and 3H this month, and the next banner will be dropping next week, so I don't want to be going in empty, in case it's some units I want.

hector will be the 1st week of sept. :) 

20 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, that BK pack was great, I wish they'd done more of those with other units.

I'm sure he'll be 5*, but it's not like rarity is much of a concern anymore anyway. You can get a 1* unit to 5* with a week's worth of feathers.

It's funny, but this "free" tie in unit is actually cheaper than the NY units they sold back at the beginning of the year.  We haven't seen any of those packs since then, so I wonder how well those actually sold.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It's funny, but this "free" tie in unit is actually cheaper than the NY units they sold back at the beginning of the year.  We haven't seen any of those packs since then, so I wonder how well those actually sold.

The New Year units were all free, just like Byleth is.

For the New Year packs, the cost of each pack was the same as the cost of the orbs contained in each pack, just like how the cost of the "Byleth pack" is the exact same as the cost of Three Houses that is contained in the "pack".

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

For the New Year packs, the cost of each pack was the same as the cost of the orbs contained in each pack, just like how the cost of the "Byleth pack" is the exact same as the cost of Three Houses that is contained in the "pack".

Byleth is free alongside something cheaper than the thing the NY units were attached to, though. (And to something I think most players would value more.)

I wonder if they'll forgo the third summer banner this year to give us more 3 Houses banners around launch or if they'll have our next few normal banners for each month be devoted to 3 Houses, which would mean our next normal non 3H banner be around October or so.

19 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wonder if they'll forgo the third summer banner this year to give us more 3 Houses banners around launch or if they'll have our next few normal banners for each month be devoted to 3 Houses, which would mean our next normal non 3H banner be around October or so.

Just have a Three Houses swimsuit banner, win-win.

21 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

There isn't really a third summer banner - there's a dancer banner, which appeared once in August and once in September. Who knows when it'll be this year.

Either way, I think it'll be a while before we get another New Heroes banner that isn't related to CYL, Three houses, or OCs.

Edited by Othin

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I guess that's one way to explain it. I can't find the right explanation for Laevatein when she asks

29 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I guess that's one way to explain it. I can't find the right explanation for Laevatein when she asks

East Asian children and young adults get money in envelopes from older people during New Years, similar to receiving gifts during Christmas here in the West. The money usually stops around early twenties when a person starts working and feeding themselves, although I still got one from my friend's family earlier this year despite being 25.

Edited by XRay